• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
Yes! Ippo is great!

Sounds like I made the right choice to drop it.

Out of plain curiosity though, what is it?

Are they all ghosts or something fucking dumb like that?

Like Woofy says,
the former memories of Banri come back as a ghost that actually like disrupts new Banri's life and it's just duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMB

MarkusRJR

Golden Time - Episode 1

That OP is literally every romance anime OP ever. Hope it grows on me or I might just skip it...

The main blonde girl Kaga is literally crazy. Full blown psycho. Not sure how anyone would fall in love with her, since this is a romance show and all. Literally stalks a guy and changes into her university to follow him. Such an unlikeable character. To be fair, I feel like all of the main characters so far seem kind of unlikeable so far. Is it weird that this show somehow reminds me of School Days? I kind of want the next episode to turn out batshit crazy or something, especially with that cliffhanger ending.

The best part of the show so far was that circle of half naked girls that trapped Tada with their dancing during that club requitment part. Legit laughed at how dumb it was.

Also, how the hell are Tada and Mitsuo literally screaming during the entire orientation only for the professor to stop them right before closing statements. I mean it's an anime and all but come on. They were literally screaming and no one even moved in the room.

Line_HTX

It's true. I watched Valvrave and Symphogear to no avail. Well Symphogear got kinda close once or twice.

Symphogear goes up there? What's this one like?

I did have Valvrave S2 before my hard drive failed. Now I'll never know what happens in the 2nd half because for the longest time I was dreading continuing this, unlike Cross Ange, lol.

bobawesome

Yeah, Did you ever watch Aishiteruze Baby? That show was really good as well, but a different take on the genre.

I haven't heard of it before now but it sounds right up my alley. I'll have to add it to my ever-growing backlog. And I've always wanted to say that I'm a big fan of your avatar. Clannad After Story is easily my favorite anime.

shh shhhh it's okay

i watched 16 episodes of space brothers in one sitting today

(after 5 yesterday)

only 78 more to go!

I knew I'd be in good company. :'^)

Quasar

I haven't heard of it before now but it sounds right up my alley. I'll have to add it to my ever-growing backlog. And I've always wanted to say that I'm a big fan of your avatar. Clannad After Story is easily my favorite anime.

I really liked it, more than even Bunny Drop. Even if visually its second rate.

MarkusRJR

Golden Time - Episode 2

Kaga continues to be super creepy. The show's attempts at making her relatable immediately come with "I only want to do so and so with Mitsuo though" afterwards, making me go back to disliking her. Not sure what's up with Linda though, there's a lot of weird menacing shots of her randomly thrown in during the first night.

Need to take a break before watching anymore, I feel like binge-watching this show will get old really fast. Here's hoping it's not like Nisekoi and something actually happens. Twenty something episodes of Tada and Kaga being friends until Kaga suddenly realized she actually loves Tada would be so played out. Hopefully that twist halfway through that you guys mentioned makes the show more interesting.

Creed

Excellent. I should watch Ippo.

Utena 08

HoMizFt.jpg
CqK5n4P.jpg

Nanami has some super spicy curry sauce put in Anthy and Utena's curry so that they will get in trouble but its actually ultra spicy curry sauce and it explodes so Anthy and Utena body swap and Nanami has to fly to India to get more of the curry sauce to switch them back while getting attacked by elephants.

Nanami episodes are something else.

More left field choice: Astro Fighter Sunred. It's technically a fraction older than five years but it's similar to OPM with it's heroes in real life angle.

Yeah Sunred rocks.

Symphogear goes up there? What's this one like?

Symphogear is a mecha-idol-magical girl-shonen where every episode ends on a cliffhanger and the songs have lyrics like "Instead of a greeting, say hello to my gatling"

phaze

Is there anything good this season that's available on CR? I feel like everything is super fanservice-filled or really generic. The only show that has me moderately interested is The Perfect Insider and OnePunch Man.

If nothing is all that great this season, does anyone have any good recommendation for a good romance, drama, or mystery anime? Preferably something available on CR so I can watch it on my Xbox.

Not yet, I always assumed it was just a normal shonen show like Bleach or Naruto. I'm more into slow paced stories with lots of character development and drama.

I keep hearing it's good though.

Romance: 5cm per Second, Toradora

Drama: House of Five Leaves, Aku no Hana/Flowers of Evil, Fate/Zero (?)

Mystery: Mononoke (?)
Now as far as your specific requests, I would recommend checking out:

Romance: Kimi ni Todoke

I rarely see this one mentioned here, I know you wouldn't recommend a bad show but is the anime complete or yet another manga ad ?

pbayne

I rarely see this one mentioned here, I know you wouldn't recommend a bad show but is the anime complete or yet another manga ad ?

Kind of half and half. I mean it has a pretty satisfying ending and it is a good stopping point but there is a lot of the manga that isn't covered.

wonzo

Banned
perfect insider 7

the vr sequence was brilliant and easily made up for how painful the english was. it's especially jarring & embarrassing when shows like fucking squid girl can actually hire english speakers when needed

somera-chan 7

down with somera-chan of all shows starting the womens sumo anime trend that'll take the world by storm once the wuggers rise up and cleans the earth of livers, aikatsu ojisans, and whatever they call im@s stans…

hackadoll 8

…and then i'll watch the hackadoll spoof tearing the whole thing to pieces. what an age we live in

Theonik

Akagi just can't lose because he's playing a game that will never end.

I don't know how anyone can stand the Washizu game after what it become.
You'd be surprised to know that the Washizu game is nearing its end. We are on the last stretch!

Good things from NGNL:
Dog ears megane Steph
Mofukichi
Preach.

fwiw I haven't read the Akagi manga but the Washizu arc was invented so that mortals could understand the concept of eternity. The old joke of what will happen first, Guts gets off the boat or Akagi beats Washizu has finally been answered even. Togashi doesn't have shit on Fukumoto when it comes to dragging things out.
What's more amazing is we may soon step into a world where both will end.

DiGiKerot

somera-chan 7

down with somera-chan of all shows starting the womens sumo anime trend that'll take the world by storm once the wuggers rise up and cleans the earth of livers, aikatsu ojisans, and whatever they call im@s stans…

Producers. Also, WUG fans are called WUGners (like Wagner), coincidentally.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since I watch all the idol shows like iM@S, Cindy, LoveLive, AKB0048, locodol, WUG etc I call myself
beyond help

Who cares

Like really.

I think it's amusing that you're being judged for liking an anime.

NGNL is no masterpiece but it's a fun little show, I even recommended it to some friends that are super casual about anime(with a big warning about the fanservice) and they still enjoyed it.

Cornbread78

Definitely not a manga add, but it is the ultimate epitome of misunderstandings and can be very dry and slow to watch.

Golden Time - Episode 2

Kaga continues to be super creepy. Hopefully that twist halfway through that you guys mentioned makes the show more interesting.

Kagawani is the best character by far, keep going. The twist isn't that bad at all

Well I don't think its ruined, but it does weaken it. I still like it more than Toradora though.

Doesn't ruin it at all, imo

I knew I'd be in good company. :'^)

Yeah, the show is really well done.
Sweet, Clannad is the GOAT!

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 439 – The Child of Prophecy
CUvpGeIXAAAXOBc.png
CUvpIKVWEAAmSOs.png

Sasuke was so against the plain before but then when he's asked by Naruto he gives in so easily, lol.

Naruto Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu + Rasengan is still the best combo skills in these type of anime.

Tuck

I've never watched the show, but the name "to love ru darkness" makes my dead hurt.

What's a ru?

kuroko no basket 2 - 1
Who doesn't love horrible English voice acting in their anime?

Ugh.

Found kogami's history with his friend to be a bit silly, in terms of how the relationship sort of broke down. It wasn't bad just a little wonky.

Some great animation in this episode. And also a lot of cut corners but so long as there's a balance I'm not too worried about it.

NeonZ

The more I see giant robots fighting the more I realize it really really isn't for me. Never really was. Gurren Lagann is the exception. But like why create a robot in a humanoid shape? That can't be the most battle efficient shape. Also why swords/melee weapons at that?

In original Gundam timeline, the explanation for the humanoid shape is that it allows them to turn around in space without using thrusters (only needing them to actually move) unlike standard space fighter types, in addition to the "Minovsky particles" basically killing radar, laser detection and long range combat in general.

AU Gundams often imply that something similar is going on, without bothering to elaborate much, or they just ignore it altogether. I think Iron Blooded Orphans has referenced some kind of radar jamming element.

The more I see giant robots fighting the more I realize it really really isn't for me. Never really was. Gurren Lagann is the exception. But like why create a robot in a humanoid shape? That can't be the most battle efficient shape. Also why swords/melee weapons at that?

I know that we can't nitpick anime because you could nitpick something I like easily as well, but man. I really don't know why gundams/giant robot battles in particular bother me.

Except Power Rangers, they're boss as fuck.

What other shape does one propose for fighting robots? Tank shaped (kind of inefficient)? I would like to see fighting Moving Fortresses though.

Also fighting robots without swords and wings are no good, beam swords and wings is what makes them so cool.

Sölf

Code Geass 10-12
Battle for Narita was pretty cool. It's good to see that they can now actually stand their ground without necessarily having to outwit their opponents.
EP 12 also had "that" scene. Well, okay then.

It seems Madoka Magica maybe have something new announcement.
How big will it be? well, we will see it tomorrow.

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/73987

Ooh, wonder what it will be.

The link gives some 403 Forbidden Error, don't know if it's just me though.

Sword Art Online 017

At the start of the episode,
I jokingly said to my brother that the blonde elf girl and Kirito's sister could be the same person. Fucking awesome that it's actually the case though, unbelievable.

Hagi

Recently I've fell back into the anime hole and started aimlessly watching shows again but I could do with some guidance on what have been the stand out series the last two years. I'm currently Iron Blood Orphans, One Punch Man and season 1 of Haikyuu which is really fun and looks downright amazing at times. I started watching Yowamushi Pedal and Hunter X Hunter but I dropped the latter and the former is wearing on me a little at the moment.

I can't say I dislike Gon or Onoda but at this moment in time the type of characters that they are drag both shows down for me to the point where I grow tired of watching. I'm only at episode 9 of Yowa Pedal but Onoda being an amateur and continuously exceeding everyone's expectations to the point of absurdity isn't really doing it for me. Is there any sports anime that you folks might recommend? I'm thinking about Ping Pong as the main character is already familiar to the sport. I don't so much mind underdog stories but the way it is presented is key I think.

I generally like action and sci-fi titles but my tastes are expanding as I age so anything is fair game. Movies would be cool as well.

Recently I've fell back into the anime hole and started aimlessly watching shows again but I could do with some guidance on what have been the stand out series the last two years. I'm currently Iron Blood Orphans, One Punch Man and season 1 of Haikyuu which is really fun and looks downright amazing at times. I started watching Yowamushi Pedal and Hunter X Hunter but I dropped the latter and the former is wearing on me a little at the moment.

I can't say I dislike Gon or Onoda but at this moment in time the type of characters that they are drag both shows down for me to the point where I grow tired of watching. I'm only at episode 9 of Yowa Pedal but Onoda being an amateur and continuously exceeding everyone's expectations to the point of absurdity isn't really doing it for me. Is there any sports anime that you folks might recommend? I'm thinking about Ping Pong as the main character is already familiar to the sport. I don't so much mind underdog stories but the way it is presented is key I think.

I generally like action and sci-fi titles but my tastes are expanding as I age so anything is fair game. Movies would be cool as well.

Haikyuu!! and Ace of Diamond.

Russ T

Banned

haikyuu

the answer is always haikyuu

Sölf

Definitly watch Ping Pong. It's really good.As far as Action and Sci-fi goes:
- Parasyte
- Space Dandy
- Shingeki no Bahamut (the beginning is great, but the second half isn't as good; still a good show, imo)
- Psycho-Pass 2 (now, it's by far not as good as the first season, but also don't think it's as bad as people make it out; still, probably the weakest of the ones I mentioned)

As far as other good shows (Comedy and what not):
- Shokugeki no Soma (ecchi after the first 1-2 episodes gets toned down by a lot, so don't get discouraged)
- Shimoneta (insanity incoming)
- Overlord (more fantasy and slow paced, but damn did I love it)
- JoJo's Bizare Adventure - Part 3: Stardust Crusaders (definitly watch S1 first, which contains part 1 and 2; Part 3 is also stretched out over 2 seasons)

Russ T

Banned
somehow i missed that you said you're already watching haikyuu

well that's it that's the best sports anime has to offer so you're only going downhill from there

pbayne

For sports Hajime no Ippo.

It does start with the main character as a complete amateur but the show treats him as such and you have to watch him gain experience and train his ass off before he actually gets good.

And for sci-fi mostly early 2000's stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom