• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K Return of Kings Episode 9

Why is Sceptre 4 and Homra acting like Fushimi betrayed them for reals, hes clearly just there to get intel and turn the tables on them. Jungle as well as too easy going and accepting. Only Sukuna appears to have some doubts, though maybe thats his personality and having rivaling feelings for Fushimi

Exalted

I only watch series on 3 days this season ( friday, saturday, sunday),which kinda sucks, since i like them spaced out. Sunday is the day i most enjoy and friday the one i least.

Friday used to be fantastic for me, but is now mostly just ok. I watch Heavy Object which is good at best, Ushio has kinda almost completely lost me, used to be so fun the first few episodes, K which i actually regret ewen watching, since its so diferent than season 1, and only watch since there is only a few more episodes left and there is Noragami which is good but still fells like it is lacking. Funnily the series i look most forward on fridays is one that i usualy would never ewen give a chance ( judging by the poster and description), Hackadoll , which is short but ver fun.

Saturday is mostly trash night, with the 2 LN shows and Seraph and Utaweremunoo. While nothing special or new, they are atleast entertaining and fun.

Sunday is the good stuff with Gundam and OPM.

That actually didn't come across my mind when I rewatched it regarding Amon and Robin. I thought it was peculiar that the rest of the team left and were like... They've gone somewhere.

I agree that this was underrated though it wasn't as good, and happy that I found this when it aired on Adult Swim Action briefly. It made me think of the good Sunrise shows from back then that were not Gundam.

Some of the staff members were the same as SEED?

I'm not sure, but both
Robin and Kira having been genetically altered before birth is something I couldn't help but notice.
Helps that they both came out around the same time.

Exalted

But Saturday also has Haikyuu and Monogatari
I dislike sport anime, and i actually have watched 3 seasons of Monogatari this month, but i need a break from the series after that. The series is not a light watch. Will probaly watch when it finishes, since i like to skip some scenes in monotagari while watching, mostly scenes that are repeats or static scenes where nothing hapenes and the scene doesn't change for minutes, i find it more enjoyable that way.

DiGiKerot

Hackadoll #9
PdSMyVy.jpg

Obari/10

Baby Steps S2 END - S1 was great, S2 was very enjoyable as well. Maybe a bit too heavy on the tennis matches, especially since they seemed to have to gin up new ways of making Maruo struggle. The whole thing about "pressure" and "the zone" seemed kind of silly. Certainly hope we get more of this in the future. Don't want this to be like a Chihayafuru situation where they stop right as its getting good.

I dislike sport anime, and i actually have watched 3 seasons of Monogatari this month, but i need a break from the series after that. The series is not a light watch. Will probaly watch when it finishes, since i like to skip some scenes in monotagari while watching, mostly scenes that are repeats or static scenes where nothing hapenes and the scene doesn't change for minutes, i find it more enjoyable that way.

You should give Haikyuu a shot. It's a legitimately good show, and probably my AOTY. I don't particularly like or watch sports anime either and I'm loving it.

As for Monogatari, man I wish I remembered all other seasons as the folks watching everything in a row now. Like, last week proved that I don't remember jack from before and I feel kind of lost.

pbayne

YuYu Hakusho 1-40

What can you say. Its great. Pretty much ideal shounen-simple plots, entertaining fights and likable characters. It speaks a lot for Togashi that the show is constantly gripping despite just being a sequence of fights with the thinnest of plots. Dark tournament announcer girl is the hypest shit.

You can tell the dub VA's take a lot of liberties and had a lot of fun with it. Jesus im Irish and even I can't understand Jinn's Irish accent at all.

And

Digimon Adventure 1-14

Surprised this wasn't a case of rose-tinted glasses and the show still holds up. Took a bit of adjusting to the subs but still the same great show I remember.

DiGiKerot

Everytime I just scrub through it (which is awful because of Daisuki's video player) I see the most random shit, why does this even exist?

For nerds like me who are amused by hearing about how Miyu from WUG (or Hackadoll #1) got into Mah-jong by reading Saki when she was in middle school.

(It's dumb, but I do actually quite like that show, and I super-appreciate Daisuki actually subbing a show like this for once)

Qurupeke

Code Geass 22-25
I guess the big twist that I was informed of was the whole thing with Euphy? I can't say it was bad, certainly the opposite, as it was a really brutal sequence and epic moments followed, but I feel like it was a bit easy to see. Many Japanese on a big place with many Brits... Personally I expected the big brother-prince to kill them and Euphy dying by some random Japanese, but the whole thing with the out of control Geass was better. Still, I can't say it was extremely surprising. It changed the series, but not much, it's just the logical way to advance. I was a bit disappointed but for that I have to blame every person that mentioned Code Geass' twist as one of the best plot twists.

The highlight of the first season, and episodes 22-25 too, was definitely Suzaku and Lancelot, with all those mecha battles. Suzaku's relationship with Lelouch is the best part of the series. There's great trust between them, but still, Lelouch managed to betray everything that Suzaku believed. It's interesting that Kallen also fits there. I guess, now that she knows Zero's identity, she will change though. The last few scenes were fantastic, it really was great to see the "original" trio most tense than ever.

I'm afraid that Geass, CC's origins and Lelouch's mother conspiracy will be a central part of the net season, which is a shame as I liked the more "realistic" approach of this one. Well, it had super robots, but now it will go full supernatural forces. I hope I'm wrong.

Orange's return was fucking great. I feel the show is doing a great job portraying crazy characters. lol And Nina still sucks. She's racist, obsessive and now she went full psycho.
Overall, the show is definitely good, but not 10/10.
Anyway, to S2 :D

For nerds like me who are amused by hearing about how Miyu from WUG (or Hackadoll #1) got into Mah-jong by reading Saki when she was in middle school.

(It's dumb, but I do actually quite like that show, and I super-appreciate Daisuki actually subbing a show like this for once)

I watched some of the first episodes because of their top eleven lists but for some reason I can't find them anymore when I quickly go through the later episodes, did they remove them?

Also what's up with the unusual amount of attention spend on Star Wars Battlefront? It feels really forced. I also like how the host moans after every statement by the other party.

Edit: Dang a second episode of MILPOM was finally uploaded.

DiGiKerot

I watched some of the first episodes because of their top eleven lists but for some reason I can't find them anymore when I quickly go through the later episodes, did they remove them?

Yeah, each episode is only available for about eight days - they remove last weeks episode about a day after the new episode goes up.

Yeah, each episode is only available for about eight days - they remove last weeks episode about a day after the new episode goes up.

Oh I was more talking about those top eleven lists that show up around the commercial breaks, it seems like they're not in the show anymore.

It's a shame that they remove the earlier episodes though, I forgot to take a screencap of the time they went to some convention in Singapore(?) and said that Love Live! was the best anime ever.

Fafner Exodus 2nd Season Episode 22

The exodus is over? Nice

When will s3 be announced because I dont see how anything can be resolved in the remaining episodes.
for example mitsuhiro becoming a golden body, the new mir boy birht

Sölf

Code Geass S2 E8
Well, okay. That was... unexpected.
Dat Zero army though.
I love seeing all these keikakus unfold.

ibyea

Banned
One Punch Man: 1
So basically about a superhero with first world problem. :p

Anyways, that was great, and holy cow at that amazing action sequence.

It's thanksgiving break, I can watch however many shows I want!

While you Americans rest and eat your turkey, we Canadian students weep at the sheer amount of work due this week and try to prepare for exams in the next week or two.
We already had our Thanksgiving. Sigh.

Yeah, I like the general premise of Heavy Object....

...but the characters leave something to be desired.

Seems to be a problem with Kamachi's works to be honest.

ibyea

Banned
While you Americans rest and eat your turkey, we Canadian students weep at the sheer amount of work due this week and try to prepare for exams in the next week or two.
We already had our Thanksgiving. Sigh.

I am not too far behind in terms of busy days, it will be finals time in two weeks for me. ;_;

Qurupeke

Code Geass R2 1-2

lol wtf

Suzaku whyyyyy. The start was weird to watch. Geass shenanigans fucked everything up. Suzaku-wannabe Rolo also appeared. Also, so many ass and boob shots of Kallen in the bunny suit..

Szadek

I watched the first episode of Heavy Object and after 5 mintues I felt very sick because of the CGI.
So yeah, probably not the best show for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Everytime I want to watch Hackadoll on Daisuki I get distracted by this bad anime talkshow.

Everytime I just scrub through it (which is awful because of Daisuki's video player) I see the most random shit, why does this even exist?

Anyway, todays Hackadoll episode was really good.
I don't understand.

ibyea

Banned
One Punch Man: 2
Man this show can be gross sometimes. Especially the part where the mosquitos ate the guy. Not really a criticism, just something of note. XD

Comedy in this show is great. I am glad One Punch Man can sympathize the pain the audience feels whenever there is an overly long sob story one has to listen to in these action shows. ^_^

Phatmac

Poor Yato got cucked by both Hiyori and Nora this episode if I wasn't this deep into the show I'd drop it by now. Why can't our God find happiness? Strange that a previous episode had the same issue with Hiyori losing her memories of Yato but I'm assuming that's filler. Either way this episode treated our God poorly. Hope it gets better.

Non Non Biyori Repeat 1 - I might actually not watch this. This isn't actually a sequel to the first season, right? I was kind of frustrated with the first season because it was one of those shows that kind of doesn't really go anywhere, but if season 2 starts off by going backwards I'm not sure I can get myself to keep watching.

Thinking maybe I'll switch over to Durarararararararararrrarararararar X2.

Quasar

Non Non Biyori Repeat 1 - I might actually not watch this. This isn't actually a sequel to the first season, right? I was kind of frustrated with the first season because it was one of those shows that kind of doesn't really go anywhere, but if season 2 starts off by going backwards I'm not sure I can get myself to keep watching.

The stories don't follow on from the end of S1, they slot in between episodes of S1. So no we don't see what happens on the trip shown in the ova or what happens after. They are excellent episodes though, maybe better than the original episodes.

JulianImp

Thinking maybe I'll switch over to Durarararararararararrrarararararar X2.

Non Non Biyori is the epitome of a slice of life show, so you shouldn't come into it expecting character development or any overarching plots. Repeat gave us more of the same, which I still liked since it's a rarity among SoL shows in that it feels more natural and relaxing than most of the other ones I've watched.

DRRR!! is fun if you're more into character development, but only as long as you can keep up with the ridiculously large cast.

Baby Steps S2 END - S1 was great, S2 was very enjoyable as well. Maybe a bit too heavy on the tennis matches, especially since they seemed to have to gin up new ways of making Maruo struggle. The whole thing about "pressure" and "the zone" seemed kind of silly. Certainly hope we get more of this in the future. Don't want this to be like a Chihayafuru situation where they stop right as its getting good.

I need new seasons of both Baby Steps and Chihayafuru to get made sooner rather than later. Don't leave me hanging.

Non Non Biyori is the epitome of a slice of life show, so you shouldn't come into it expecting character development or any overarching plots. Repeat gave us more of the same, which I still liked since it's a rarity among SoL shows in that it feels more natural and relaxing than most of the other ones I've watched.

DRRR!! is fun if you're more into character development, but only as long as you can keep up with the ridiculously large cast.

I'm not saying it needs a deep story, but I do have a kind of need for things to move forward, so if these are slotted inbetween the original season that makes it tough for me to get interested.

And I really liked the first season of DRRR, so I've been wanting to watch this. I've just held off because I was under the impression that X2 is itself split up into three parts. But since I need to watch stuff for AOTY considerations I figured I ought to just watch it now.

I need new seasons of both Baby Steps and Chihayafuru to get made sooner rather than later. Don't leave me hanging.

I think the Chihayafuru ship has sailed. Plus I'm not sure if I'd actually want more knowing the direction it would go and that it'd just make me disappointed. I remember there was a Chihayafuru tease earlier this year that turned out to just be a live-action adaptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom