• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I think the Chihayafuru ship has sailed. Plus I'm not sure if I'd actually want more knowing the direction it would go and that it'd just make me disappointed. I remember there was a Chihayafuru tease earlier this year that turned out to just be a live-action adaptation.

Yeah. And if I'm honest the manga direction has gotten me bored. So as much as I loved S1/2 I'm not sure how enthusiastically I'd watch a S3 knowing what I know.

I want more Chihayafuru and I want it to be good. Damned manga readers, you always ruin my mood when you mention how the future content of my favorite shows has supposedly already gone down the drain :mad:

In other news '12 Angry Men' really deserves its status of a highly regarded classic. That was bloody fantastic.

wonzo

Banned
i'd like to congratulate narag for taking on the kingdom challenge. will finally watch geass beginning next year in celebration

Not a damn thing... Have to wait for Shirayuki-hime in Jan..

And I mean... Even that isn't that great of a romance. Idk I was kinda watching it to fill the void. Still not sure whether I'll even continue watching it in the Winter. Next season looks interesting, hope there's something good for us.

jett

D-Member
Yu Yu Hakusho 27

Just reached the tournament arc! Exciting times. BTW, did they retcon Hiei's and Kurama's demon status? They just referred to them as humans. Fairly sure that's not how they started on the show... :p

Is Kingdom a good or bad show?

I've literally only seen seconds of it, mostly when everyone is CG, and thought "Wow, that's not how people are supposed to look or move."

Why is everyone in K so goddamn obnoxiously pretty?

Also what is this action scene?

Everyone in K is actually unbearably ugly, because GoHands' composite, color design, and direction is really obnoxious and ruins the work of the undeniably talented animators working there.

I've literally only seen seconds of it, mostly when everyone is CG, and thought "Wow, that's not how people are supposed to look or move."

The impression I have is that season 2 is better than season 1, and features much less and much better integrated CG, but the manga (which has really good art) is still the better option.

I read the Kingdom manga and its great but the Kingdom anime seems to be the worst of the cg monstrosities

Is the Coalition War arc even adapted in the anime? That's the best arc by far

Hagi

The manga is pretty good but I can't speak to how good an adaptation the anime is. All I know is from the clips I've seen that the CG appears to be wonky as fuck.

Is Working something that anybody would recommend watching? I'm not too big on Slice of Life but this seems interesting and I generally don't mind comedy shows. Plan on watching Nichijou at some point soon as well.

Futurecard Buddyfight Hundred Episode 34
tumblr_nyi382Rm5K1r5r707o1_1280.gif

Poor Future Force Tasuku Ryuenji! But at least it gave us a good buddyfight.

wow I wish there was some explanation for how he and Sophia became an item!

Sölf

So, since I am already 12/25 in S2 of Code Geass, is there anything else I should watch afterwards? Specials, OVAs, something else?

Yu Yu Hakusho 27

Just reached the tournament arc! Exciting times. BTW, did they retcon Hiei's and Kurama's demon status? They just referred to them as humans. Fairly sure that's not how they started on the show... :p

No, they're very much still demons. It's just that they're seen as human sympathizers or on the human's (Yusuke's) team, so they're lumped together with them.

Narag

Sölf;187026395 said:
So, since I am already 12/25 in S2 of Code Geass, is there anything else I should watch afterwards? Specials, OVAs, something else?

• Nunnally in Wonderland
  • maybe the christmas picture drama if you enjoy additonal slaps to your face

Woah that was cool! Is this K? What is this whole show about anyway? I was under the impression that it was a Shojo, but never really looked into it.

The manga adaptations run in a shojo magazine.

But its more a action series between different clans, s1 is trying to figure out did Isana kill a key Red clansman, and s2 is about a new clan and identifying other kings.

s2 really good they stepped up their battle action stuff and it looks and sounds so amazing.

Kingdom is awesome, such fantastic strategy for all parties involved, emotion is done marvelously well too.

Still praying for an s3 since the manga is more popular than ever now.

Sölf;187026395 said:

All I can think of are the Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA series (still going) and the Picture Dramas. The former is set between R1 and R2, but focuses on a different cast and the battles during the European Union (R2 shows bits of this) while the latter serves to give you more details about the various characters of the series, with their numbering there to signify where in the episodes they either fall into place chronologically or when characters become known.

The manga adaptations run in a shojo magazine.

But its more a action series between different clans, s1 is trying to figure out did Isana kill a key Red clansman, and s2 is about a new clan and identifying other kings.

s2 really good they stepped up their battle action stuff and it looks and sounds so amazing.

That webm looked pretty damn good. I've seen some of you folks talking about the show, maybe I'll give it a shot after exams.

I still have From the New World in my queue as well.

That webm looked pretty damn good. I've seen some of you folks talking about the show, maybe I'll give it a shot after exams.

I still have From the New World in my queue as well.

I wouldn't recommend watching it. The animation and music are basically the only things the show has going for it. Everything else about K varied from mediocre to boring to bad.

Kids on the Slope 11-12 END

It was enjoyable. I think I would have far preferred it had it actually been about music and not the massive and overbearing love pentagon. I don't really have a lot to say other then it was serviceable and it looked good.

As for Watanabe works, Bebop > Dandy S2 > Champloo > Dandy S1 > Kids on the Slope > Garbage > Terror in Resonance

---------------------

Lol Akito the Exiled. I watched that like 3-4 months ago and I can hardly remember anything about it.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 6

A breather episode, where unlike in real life, the boys on the ship have a positive response to studying. Not only that but Mikazuki and Orga's relationship is explored in further detail. It's interesting to see what Orga thinks of Mikazuki. Judging by how he describes Mikazuki, I don't think Orga will betray him, so he'll likely get killed instead. Overall, good stuff.

Droplet

Oh so it's one of those uh.

You probably don't have anything to lose from checking a single episode out to see if you like it. I watched the first season when it came out and it was pretty much the definition of all style but no substance. You asked earlier what the show was about and I honestly don't think I could tell you, and the instagram filters all over it are pretty annoying. It's the kind of show for that specific moment where you really want to watch something but need to do some other menial work at the same time.

So, you should watch From the New World instead.

zulux21

so for the first time in a long time cladun x2 is actually on sale 60% off so $8
it's on sale on bundlestars, wingame and greenman gaming (green man I think you can take an additional 15% off)

the last time it was on sale was january 4th, 2013 at $11.99 thus this is the first time in nearly 2 years it has been on sale, and is the cheapest it has ever been.

still a very niche jrpg game though.

You probably don't have anything to lose from checking a single episode out to see if you like it. I watched the first season when it came out and it was pretty much the definition of all style but no substance. You asked earlier what the show was about and I honestly don't think I could tell you, and the instagram filters all over it are pretty annoying. It's the kind of show for that specific moment where you really want to watch something but need to do some other menial work at the same time.

So, you should watch From the New World instead.
Gotcha. Yeah From the New World is definitely on my to do list. I want to give it a fair shot, I only watched two or three episodes of it when it aired but I dropped it. K was just curiosity on my part, I actually thought it was one of those Bishounen harem shows because of the poster art for it, but when I saw the webm I guess it looked very different from what I thought it was aha.

Heavy Object Episode 8

This show is entertaining in both the best and worst possible ways.

....I don't know if I like it, but I feel compelled to keep watching.

Moaradin

I can't actually tell if people like Noragami or not. It was hyped up when they announced a second season, but the first season has all the same things people are complaining about in this season.

Was expecting more reactions from the latest Noragami episode. It's a pretty controversial episode.

What is controversial about it? It feels like a been there done that type of storyline with any bit of storytelling surprise easily able to be gleamed.

Having only 27 seconds of Yukine screentime is a crime that needs punishment.

I just realized the only anime I'm watching this season is One Punch Man and DBS.

I liked Haikyuu season 1 and then I watched the 1st episode of season 2 and just went "eh", got no desire to watch it right now. Wasn't feeling the 1st episode of Gundam either, I probably won't come back to that until it's finished.

This sucks, when's the new Jojo.

Moaradin

The goofy stuff is definitely what Noragami is best at. Can't say any of the serious stuff worked for me, but I like the characters enough to enjoy the show overall.

Was expecting more reactions from the latest Noragami episode. It's a pretty controversial episode.

I made the mistake of checking out the manga, opening up a random chapter and having something HUGE spoiled for me a while back, so even though I was pissed, just with that one scene that I saw I can kinda see where this is going to go. To those who have read ahead, just to make sure,if I read correctly, and BEWARE OF SPOILERS if you haven't
this new kid that is pretending to like Hiyori is in fact a God and is Yato's father isn't he?

Cornbread78

Heavy Object ep.8
Lol at the princess firing those shots in a sports bra after talking to the boys. This show continues to teeter on the edge of lameness, but comes out fun and entertaining instead. Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom