• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's mobage?

A nickname for Japanese mobile games. They mostly consist of a small RPG/Puzzle/Rhythm game combined with a gacha, which is something you can use in order to get characters to be better at said RPG/Puzzle/Rhythm games.

The catch is that rolling in the gacha costs money(or a premium currency) and only has a small chance of giving the characters you actually want.

IIRC Mobage is actually a platform/publisher(?) that supports these kind of games but the term Mobage is now mostly used to describe all games like that.

TUSR

Banned

CgqTdJT.png

Quasar

Perfect Insider 8 - Think I'm a little confused now. I had thought the doctor had uploaded her 4 personalities into the computer system. With this episode and the things sensei said, it seemed like he was suggesting it was the sister who was killed. Of course I'd also seen it theorised that the doctor was pregnant with a daughter when she locked herself away.

Hmm.

Fafner: Exodus S2 22

Opening fight was amazing, as always. Seeing the
Eurus-types
as reinforcements was fantastic. But goddamn, the NUN is made up of morons. Especially Hester, who thinks
they can forcibly control an Azazel

Fafner Exodus 2nd Season Episode 22

The exodus is over? Nice

When will s3 be announced because I dont see how anything can be resolved in the remaining episodes.
for example mitsuhiro becoming a golden body, the new mir boy birht
I somewhat agree. Pacing is getting a bit fast with all the new stuff, but still has a reasonable chance to finish in the remaining 4 episodes depending on how it goes. A bit worried, but I'm still enjoying this a lot and really hope they don't botch the ending. I can see at least a movie for
dealing with Altair's actual arrival, since I don't believe they can completely resolve that by the end of this.

KAGEWANI Episode 8

Yeah, I hated it too when my ex-girlfriend turned out to be the giant monster's tongue, just camouflaged.

Shit is rough.

DiGiKerot

Pay to win mobile games like Kancolle and Fate/Grand Order. These are the worst new trends.

=D

Just to be horrifically pedantic, Kancolle isn't actually a mobile game - it's a browser game, designed to be played from the PC web-browser. It's only relatively recently that they've announced the production of a mobile client for the game for Android devices, and I don't even think that's out yet.

Qurupeke

Code Geass R2 3-6

Damn, the way they brainwashed everyone is really scary. Rolo seems to have a really tragic role on this. I really hope he would not end up dead, but he's being used, by everyone. I already can see him giving his life for Lelouch. Also, Suzaku has really become cruel. Using Nunally like that. Damn it, Suzaku.

Anyway, the super robots just keep multiplying. We have that loli and that other blond guy now, both with some interesting weapons. Lancelot doesn't seem that changed, other than some upgrades. Guren Mk-2 got heavily powered-up though. Too bad it still looks like garbage.

The season doesn't feel as good as the first one so far. I think the timeskip wasn't handled good enough. We had a real climax of the war at the end of S1, which Lelouch fucked up and now we're led to believe that Black Knights can antagonize the Brits despite getting crushed before? Eeeeh....

Also,on episode 6, was the pilot of the Lancelot look-alike that Kallen destroyed really Orange? Suzaku said so, but wasn't him Guilford?

Dynedom

The new Garo really is a slow burn and it's getting annoying. The overarching plot of the previous series was handled so much better, even with the episodic format.

Young Black Jack 09

"I'm now going to give you my instructions on how to turn me into a mechanized super medical machine."

"Pick up the scalpel"

"This my only instruction"

-----

Why would anyone take such a huge gamble on his own life?

Isn't it ep 9 this week? lol

On that note, yeah this show keeps bouncing from lame to awesome every episode. It's actually a little amusing that it manages to do that. I don't think I've seen a show recently make use of two guys fantasizing about being dominated as a joke as much as this show, lol. I had to laugh a bit at the comment about using imagination to warm up as well.

This was a pretty good episode. I loved the engineering solutions to their predicaments in this ep, even more so than the others so far. We got Havia back story too.

From Lame:
zu5aptTl.jpg

To Awesome:
LU5s3lWl.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So whats GAFs consensus on this season so far? I've basically been watching Gundam and nothing else. I dropped both magic high school anime that were on Crunchyroll, Comet Lucifer, and I'm about to drop Young Black Jack because its just boring to me now. I haven't tried Beautiful Bones, but it looks like nothing more than CSI: Anime. Haven't tried the other magic high school anime, but I cant imagine it being much more than trash like the other 2.

Another weak season in a weak year seems to be the consensus.

pbayne

Garo 8

Still holding out hope because this was around the time the first season really kicked in to high gear. Whereas this season still feels like its's stuck in first gear.

Still a bit disappointed with the fights and lack of choreography. Literally just transform, slash, win.

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 86 (2014)

very very good episode , i really liked it
however, i disliked how to repeatedly showing us the fight between erza and kyoka
even when we already saw the result of that battle

gemma
's return was really a surprise the first time i saw it in the manga
too bad they ruined it in the opining and in the PV

Ascheroth

Kagewani - 09

This is one of the shows where I don't really know what else I should post besides I really like it.

Heavy Object - 09

Yeah, I agree that it's amazing how this show can keep jumping from dumb to awesome multiple times even in a single episode. Like the penguin scene.
Also cool that we got some Havia backstory.

So whats GAFs consensus on this season so far? I've basically been watching Gundam and nothing else. I dropped both magic high school anime that were on Crunchyroll, Comet Lucifer, and I'm about to drop Young Black Jack because its just boring to me now. I haven't tried Beautiful Bones, but it looks like nothing more than CSI: Anime. Haven't tried the other magic high school anime, but I cant imagine it being much more than trash like the other 2.

Heavy Object is a must watch as well as 35th Anti Magic Platoon and Monster Strike.

Sequels are delivering good stuff (world trigger, seraph of the end, haikyuu, ace of diamond, cardfight vanguard g crisis)

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 22

I like the mysterious/creepy/horror atmosphere of the latter part of the episode.
And I actually like Kirio as a character, even tough I hate him. Having such a pure, rage-inducing character is kinda refreshing. Though this episode already diminished it a bit with playing the shitty past card.
Still liked the episode a lot.

Busaiku

I really like Ami and Mamoru's designs in Crystal, think they're the most improved, particularly Ami.
Also, yay, Mamoru's in high school now.

Cornbread78

Sionji, have you finished Clannad yet? There's no way you can be stuck on ep.16, lol.

I'm coming review on Kids on the Slope..uugghh.

Also, still need recs for the next Let's Watch biotchs..

Young Black Jack Episode 9

The whole second half of this seems so pointless and dumb and needless drama and suspense.
did we really need jealous baddie doctors for him, he already went through this very dangerous surgery

JCG

Sölf;187062839 said:
Code Geass S2 is killing me. Why. It's all going downhill. ;____;

Well, I'd say things need to get worse before they can get better. Both literally and figuratively speaking.

Going by your reaction to the rest of the show, I think you'll like the ending. It's arguably the best part of S2.

Clov

When I was here before, I talked about Blu-Rays a lot. Since I'm fully settled in after my move a few months back, I figured, why don't I show everyone my Blu-Ray collection?

It's not a lot, and I'm missing a few titles that I really want to get (TV anime of Bebop, Nichibros, Marnie, Bakemonogatari, etc). It also doesn't include the handful of DVD titles I have (like Mushishi, Mononoke, etc). Still, I figured I might as well show everyone what I've collected so far!

On a side note, Bunny Drop is in a replacement case because all the clasps for the discs were literally shattered inside when I bought it. It was brand new too! I heard the case for this release was notoriously bad, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Thankfully the discs are all fine.

Oh, and bonus points to whoever recognizes the figure on the shelf.

Qurupeke

Code Geass R2 7-8

Episode 7 was exactly like Charlotte's episode 7. I guess Charlotte took inspiration to more than the character's design and eye power.

I loved the part with the exile, I think this was one of Lelouch's best plans until now. I liked they tried to mirror Euphy's massacre too. Strong episode, but it's kind of weird that it's based on the Brits' weakness to do something against the law. It just seems awkward that they kill so many people and yet they stick to the law for such a loophole...

Asterisk War Episode 9

Now this is what I like about these school magic series, when he came out for the first match in such flamboyant performance fashion, needed even more. And all the effects were on point too even, still no Mahouka, but still stunning.

I wish this was as big as Rank Wars [ World Trigger ] though since it seems using just a regular battle coliseum stage is going to hold these battles back from feeling really spectacular and strategic.

Sölf

Code Geass R2 19
Welp.
Lelouch, like, lost everything. But since he can't lose anything else anymore, I'd like to know what he does next. This can't end well.

JCG

As for the CG fight scenes, they are well made and look great, but the fact that it's so obvious CG is very distracting for me.
It makes it very hard for me to get invested in these fight scenes.

I am curious....what exactly would you consider to be not "so obvious" CG in a mecha show? In other words, what use of 3DCG is fine in your opinion.

Because Studio Orange is actually one of the best in the anime industry at making the 3D blend in as much as possible, so I wonder what is your point of reference instead.

Chivalry of a Failed Knight Episode 9

At least he looks good nekkid but the whole scene was weird, like where did the steam come from?

Raikiri scene was amazing when it went widescreen box and then the border and boundary was destroyed was a nice touch.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.
As for the CG fight scenes, they are well made and look great, but the fact that it's so obvious CG is very distracting for me.
It makes it very hard for me to get invested in these fight scenes.
I have more of a problem with the fight choreography than the quality or obviousness of the CG. The battles are centered around mechas rollerskating around and the frantic action is hard for the eyes to even follow.

JCG

I have more of a problem with the fight choreography than the quality or obviousness of the CG. The battles are centered around mechas rollerskating around and the frantic action is hard for the eyes to even follow.

I don't think it's harder to follow than the action in Majestic Prince or Fafner Exodus, all of which are from the same company. Not on a reasonably big screen.

I don't think it's harder to follow than the action in Majestic Prince or Fafner Exodus, all of which are from the same company.

I haven't seen Fafner, but I didn't have a problem with Majestic Prince. I enjoyed the CG battles in that show far more than in Akito.

JCG

I haven't seen Fafner, but I didn't have a problem with Majestic Prince. I enjoyed the CG battles in that show far more than in Akito.

Then I really don't understand what the problem is, other than MJP taking place in space and there being more flying around.

Phatmac

Never been a fan of Gaen in general so I didn't enjoy her info dump for most of the episode. The info we got was good as to the case of the mysterious samurai. It sounds like torture to continually live for 400 years with repeated death by the sun. I can understand why he'd want it to stop once and for all. I'm glad Kanbaru can joke around during difficult situations.

Qurupeke

Owarimonogatari 9

Yay, Gaen Izuko Oshino Izuko overdose. Nice episode, even if it was easy to guess most of the revelations so far, but I guess the most important facts will be revealed at the next episode. And we still don't know what that fused apparition was. Kanbaru is also quite lieable at this.In Hana she wasn't the most interesting protagonist, but when she was the role of a sidekick she is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom