• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Mazinger Z 10
GBQG0DD.png
Sayaka can't catch a damn break in this show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow the end of Tales from the Borderlands is the most anime thing I've seen in ages. GOTY
People seem high on this game, but the fact that it's Telltale and Borderlands makes it seem so unappealing. I tried an hour of the Game of Thrones game and just gave up.

Russ T

Banned
The fact that it's Borderlands is precisely what makes it so good. Telltale can write funny better than most.

The whole choice choosing aspect of the games works much better when it's all humor, since at that point you're just choosing what you think is more entertaining, rather than what feels like the right choice. It's beautiful.

Anime.

EDIT: Also I have only played borderlands 1 and don't think it's funny. But Tales is fucking hilarious.

Phatmac

People seem high on this game, but the fact that it's Telltale and Borderlands makes it seem so unappealing. I tried an hour of the Game of Thrones game and just gave up.
I don't give a shit about Borderlands and still found it enjoyable. It's just a fun and fast paced adventure story that doesn't take itself too seriously. Tons of fun and super cheap on psn right now. It's probably my favorite telltale game besides TWD.

Go Princess Precure 43

The star will always shine the brightest. Did Kirara really not notice an entire fashion show being set up? Come on, it was loud and involved a lot of people. Good old Kirara is always critical of other's imperfections. But she's here to fix everything. Like before, it's her overall attitude that makes her a great character. She doesn't cry like some others would do, but she very much appreciates what they do for her. And thanks to French dude she's still moving up in the world. Interesting that they had the guts to actually move her away eventually, but that will be after the show ends, so eh. It's still something. I look forward to the All Stars movies ignoring it.

I would be if Haru no fucking Carnival didn't happen.

What a shit movie.

Shomin Sample Episode 2

Wow, there's being sheltered, and then there's not knowing how reality works.

Needed more posing, but fun episode.

I haven't played them Borderlands, but Telltale has really been disappointing me lately.

The second season The Walking Dead sucked, and the The Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones were boring.

Telltale games drive me nuts because you move too slow. Thats like my biggest pet peeve and I almost stopped playing the new Kings Quest game which is a great game because of that. I wasn't going to buy the PS4 FF7 port because that game is so PS1 slow but I was told it had a 3x speed mode and well....

I forgot how anime FF7 was.

yami4ct

I'm starting to think Gundam IBO isn't just off to a good start, but might actually be a good show. As a Gundam fan, I have no idea how to react. I'm kinda a bit scared.

Hagi

I'm starting to think Gundam IBO isn't just off to a good start, but might actually be a good show. As a Gundam fan, I have no idea how to react. I'm kinda a bit scared.

Maybe it will turn to shit in the next few episodes and you can breathe a sigh of relief that Build Fighters has been the only good Gundam show in 16 years.

Exalted

Maybe it will turn to shit in the next few episodes and you can breathe a sigh of relief that Build Fighters has been the only good Gundam show in 16 years.
But Build Fighters is a really bad sci fi mecha show, unless you like cheesy non serious stuff.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want a good mech show just watch Xenoglossia. As a bonus it's a prequel to the Xenoblade games if you're a fan of those.

Hagi

But Build Fighters is a really bad sci fi mecha show, unless you like cheesy non serious stuff.

I think SEED, Destiny, both seasons of 00 and AGE are all really bad sci fi mecha shows and just bad shows in general so I don't think that means much. I haven't finished Tomino's last masterpiece but until I do Build Fighter will still be the best Gundam show since Turn A.

If you want a good mech show just watch Xenoglossia. As a bonus it's a prequel to the Xenoblade games if you're a fan of those.

200.gif

Exalted

On a different note i'm looking for any recomendations on shows similar to Space Battleship Yamato , so mostly space operas, or any other serious space action series . Also i'm mostly familiar with the stuff that aired in the last few years.

pbayne

On a different note i'm looking for any recomendations on shows similar to Space Battleship Yamato , so mostly space operas, or any other serious space action series . Also i'm mostly familiar with the stuff that aired in the last few years.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Planetes

Hagi

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the stock answer for such a question. I haven't found the time to tackle it myself but it's really well regarded.

Hagi

Alredy watched LOTGH, but i'm wondering how is Planetes, it doesn't really look like it is action heavy. Is it like an anime version of Gravity/Apollo13 or something similar?

I guess you could say it's a Slice of Space show. It follows a crew of space trashmen who clean up debris like satellites and other space junk.

Jaxec

Gintama 301

I think I preferred the manga version of Okita's entrance and battle with Kamui. Don't get me wrong it was an exciting battle and all, but it felt a little too quick for me. I wish they kind of expanded on it. When I read this part in the manga Okita's entrance was so hype, yet with the anime I didn't feel that same hype. Apart from that the episode was fun and lol at Kaguea's face when Toshi appeared. The episode ended right where I would've wanted it to end with a good old
Shogun Kayo
!

phaze

This was an even more abstract and vague ending than Mawaru or Yuri Kuma. Ikuhara
loves his bittersweet endings huh.

So I take it the movie is a recommended watch ? I'm afraid of even googling for a translation from Enokidean/Ikuharean to plebeian in fear of getting it spoiled.

phaze

Can Love Tyrant be even called a harem when it's only one girl with the strong feelings for the guy when the rest of girls are clueless idiots?

And the mc's love interest
gets with, kisses and penetrates said mc in the very first chapter IIRC.
A groundbreaking harem I'd say !

I would have said I was surprised that you're a fan of something like that, but then I remembered you're a Fate fan.
ip2gaw8upjlu.gif

I'll take solace in the fact that, at least for a moment there, you actually thought I have standards !

Also, I take umbrage at being called that. I only like F/Z.
0k4tkrdk2jig.png

Cornbread78

Mayo Chiki ep.4-6
The show continues to be a lot of fun to watch. The gynophobia reaction he has hasn;t been verbearing so far, but still creates fun moments. Ecchi is there, but not strong at all, so that helps as well. It's funny, because it looks like a harem, smells like a harem, but I can't really tell if he has a harem or not, lol.

Jintor

Mayo Chiki ep.4-6
The show continues to be a lot of fun to watch. The gynophobia reaction he has hasn;t been verbearing so far, but still creates fun moments. Ecchi is there, but not strong at all, so that helps as well. It's funny, because it looks like a harem, smells like a harem, but I can't really tell if he has a harem or not, lol.

it's just one of those harems where it's got a very obvious Author Favoured Girl.

Taruranto

This was an even more abstract and vague ending than Mawaru or Yuri Kuma. Ikuhara

So I take it the movie is a recommended watch ? I'm afraid of even googling for a translation from Enokidean/Ikuharean to plebeian in fear of getting it spoiled.

The movie is basically a more direct version of the series. It's very beautiful, definitely a must watch.

Cornbread78

it's just one of those harems where it's got a very obvious Author Favoured Girl.

The author tries soooo hard to try and stear you away from the butler, but it just isn't working. Although Ojou-sama would be an interesting choice if they went in that direction, lol.

Jintor

The author tries soooo hard to try and stear you away from the butler, but it just isn't working. Although Ojou-sama would be an interesting choice if they went in that direction, lol.

Nah, she's the "Lol i'm gonna set up ridiculous situations for my own amusement" character

Phatmac

Chaos reigns this week with the continued attempts to kill our favorite Shogun. Tons of betrayals and political intrigue going on too. It was nice to see more of the oniwaban's character back story. I still felt that they're going through events as quickly as possible like other anime adapting manga. I always felt past Gintama arcs had better pacing but maybe I'm wrong. Still, the fight between Kamui and Okita was way too short! We've gotta get these monsters to fight again. The new oniwaban characters look tough so I'm hoping they get some fights next week. Wasn't too surprised by the ending but still a little bummed since it negates that surprising moment last episode. I'm still glad they get to do dumb callbacks like Kagura calling Toshiro "Toshi" despite all the death going on.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Osomatsu san 10
Being Karamatsu is suffering. lol at Choromatsu coming out of a pond.
Great reaction face, especially during the part where the brothers decide to put their 'rental girlfriend' inside a cage with a tiger.

I think that Utena was, overall, a tad too abstract for my taste, where the characters and story cannot really be taken at face value without seeming ridiculous and, at the same time, the underlying themes aren't necessarily immediately apparent on a first view. Because of that I often times felt unsure what to really make of it, the ending included.

Maybe I could've been much more perceptive of or so but it's not for a lack of trying I wanna say. Mawaru Penguindrum meanwhile managed to balance it better. There I could empathize with the characters, understand most of the story bits going on and the underlying themes were better integrated and more obvious.

maybe I'm just a pleb :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom