• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

So, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but what is everyone watching next season?

So far I've got:
Dagashi Kashi
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Musaigen no Phantom World
Prince of Stride
Macross Delta

Also Kizumonogatari and WIXOSS movies to look forward to.

So far I'll probably check out:
Active Raid
Ajin
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Dimension W
Durararara
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Macross Delta
Musaigen no Phantom World
Sekkou Boys

pbayne

Holy shit, Madoka vs Eva got heated there.

Can we agree on one thing that irks me.

Eva is a deconstruction-Takes what the original Gundams started and took it to the most extreme end.

Madoka is not-Just shock factor twists. Still plays very close to Mahou shoujo conventions.

That's not a veiled "oh eva is better because..." but people that call Madoka a deconstruction haven't seen many magic girl show outside maybe Sailor Moon or something.

FoxSpirit

Holy shit, Madoka vs Eva got heated there.

Can we agree on one thing that irks me.

Eva is a deconstruction-Takes what the original Gundams started and took it to the most extreme end.

Madoka is not-Just shock factor twists. Still plays very close to Mahou shoujo conventions.

That's not a veiled "oh eva is better because..." but people that call Madoka a deconstruction haven't seen many magic girl show outside maybe Sailor Moon or something.
That's not a deconstruction. Just think about that definition. If thurning shit to 11 was deconstructing, Transformers would win that.
I only saw part 1 which was a hugely overblown action movie turned to 11, with plot irrelevancy at 11 and terrible dialogue at 11. In fact, I would have liked Transformers 1 if the actors just had not spoken a word. Instead... oh, god, that dialogue.

Both animes are simply spins on their genre. And good ones, depending on who you ask. I e.g. was not terribly fond of EVA's "everybody is a pschological trainwreck" turned to 11. Others loved it. To each his own.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's not a deconstruction. Just think about that definition.
Please do.
HPKPNcB.jpg

Like I said, Eva V.S. Madoka really feels like a pointless discussion.

It's like discussing Shakespeare plays V.S. Pixar movies.

Shakespeare's super poetic, superior, and timeless, but that doesn't mean Pixar hasn't made masterpieces!

They're both fantastic and they are both worth watching.

pbayne

Eva is a deconstruction of super robot shows, not gundam, which is more focused on the war and politics part.

I kind of meant more in the way of the fragile pilot that gradually breaks down and acts against the expected main character tropes to the point that the mechas become something the MC fears and avoids at all costs.

phaze

Don't read the spoiler MetroidPrimeRib !
1447384587775sijk48.jpg

Revolutionary Girl Utena up to 37

I was eagerly anticipating it and I'm very glad that the
KASHIRA, KASHIRA crew
managed to make an appearance. Though their infodump, while cleared a few things up, when coupled with Utena's flashback managed to make this more convoluted. No idea what
Akio's role in this is. Is he just some twisted version/part of the prince that has grown to detest the world because of what happened to Himemiya ?

My only regret of the Madoka vs Eva discussion is that no one triggered me by mention the Christian symbolism and how it relates to the ending. :p

Hanasaku Iroha has been fairly amazing so far. It's been a while since I've watched a good SoL.

Dagashi Kashi PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Sy_ld8MHA
Looks will be pretty good adaption.

The manga is decent but so slow that I don't know if I will be able to watch a 20 minute long episode

Koyomimonogatari airing next season starting on Jan 9th, ONA format: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/74754

It's made up of 12 short stories that take place throughout the year.

Is this the rest of Owari or something different?

Wrong on both accounts since Gundam already kind of did "wow piloting these things sucks" in 0079 and EVAs are closer to Super Robots in size and power so its more playing off Mazinger Z.

Please do.
HPKPNcB.jpg

No don't

What's the name of that tune that a lot of people use in those videos where they pick anime soundbites and make it so it aligns with the song?

All I know is that there's some violin sounding instrument in it.

You're my only hope to find this guys,
I have nothing better to do on this tuesday

------

Dagashi Kashi PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Sy_ld8MHA
Looks will be pretty good adaption.

Pretty charming, what's up with that shower scene though? Is this show lewd or something? Kinda dissapointing...

Joe Molotov

What's the name of that tune that a lot of people use in those videos where they pick anime soundbites and make it so it aligns with the song?

All I know is that there's some violin sounding instrument in it.

You're my only hope to find this guys,
I have nothing better to do on this tuesday

Guile's Theme?

Cornbread78

Mayo Chiki ep. 1-3
tumblr_nd6rldy1DF1toqhwfo1_500.gif

(I love this move, take that imouto...the bounce is classic)
OK, good pick with this one DTL. Really fun so far. The ecchi isn't bad at all and the story has been typical anime fare, but fun to follow with some good comedy mixed it. At least the MC isn;t fawning over imouto, so that is already a plus, but the questions remains, is the butler really the love interest here, or is that just a cover-up for ojou-sama? This could be interesting stuff...

Erigu

Koyomimonogatari airing next season starting on Jan 9th, ONA format: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/74754
Yeah, I figured they'd adapt/show those before going into the third and last Owarimonogatari volume...

Where in the timeline is this?
It's one story/month, from April to March of the following year. It covers the entire timeline.

Is this the rest of Owari or something different?
Like the title says: something different. The Koyomimonogatari novel was actually released before all three Owarimonogatari books.

This actually looks more appealing then I expected it to be before I googled it.

Is it nice?

Starts out nice enough and is very SHAFT with regards to the visual presentation and direction but the story collapses towards the end and nothing really comes together. Soundtrack is pretty good though.

Personally I got some enjoyment out of it but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Love Tyrant is fantastic. It's a generic harem thing, but it's the best generic harem thing.

MAL description said:
A Kiss Note is a powerful notebook that makes anyone who has their name written together will instantly fall in love if they kiss each other regardless of any circumstances. This magical and very familiar item belongs to an angel named Guri whose job as cupid is to create couples. However, she accidentally writes down Aino Seiji, a regular high school student, and unless he kisses someone, Guri will die. She convinces Seiji to go kiss his crush, Hiyama Akane, the school's popular girl who turns out has even stronger feelings for him, bordering on obsessive and psychotic. Eventually Akane and Seiji come together but not before Guri decides that she likes Seiji as well. What seems awesome to most guys becomes hell for Seiji who just wants a normal relationship with girls.

Oh wonderful, another harem comedy in which a male character is sexually harassed and abused by female characters that have no sense of decency that I'm supposed to find hilarious.

Ugh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still wait for the day when someone talks about how the Evas in Evangelion are a pure expression of differance, since we never truly know what they represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom