• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Manga Entertainment UK Top 10 best-selling new releases for 2015:

1. Naruto Shippuden Box Set 20 (Released 9 Feb. 2015)
  2. Ghost In The Shell Arise: Borders Parts 3 And 4 (Released 30 Nov. 2015)
  3. One Piece Collection 10 (Released 15 Jun. 2015)
  4. Naruto Shippuden Box Set 22 (Released 14 Sept. 2015)
  5. Harlock Space Pirate (Released 27 April 2015)
  6. Naruto Shippuden Box Set 21 (Released 10 Aug. 2015)
  7. One Piece Collection 11 (Released 10 Aug. 2015)
  8. Yu-gi-oh! Season 2 The Official Second Season (Released 30 Mar. 2015)
  9. Bleach Complete Series 14 (Released 21 Sept. 2015)
  10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 3 The Official Third Season (Released 5 Oct. 2015)

17. Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion (Released 28 Sept. 2015)
48. Samurai Bride - Complete Series Collection (Released 6 July 2015)

Joe Molotov

One step closer to Wing.

8OqwmOR.png

javac

The only episode I remember of Wing was when Heero ripped the invitation the main girl gave to him and walked away as it freeze framed, even as a kid I was like wtf and knew something was wrong with this dude. Cold as fuck. Regardless I won't lie, as a kid I had a hard on for the Gundam Wing mech and the soundtrack.

EDIT: Oh shit I just remembered, he tells her that he'll kill her too as he wipes her tear, I knew that I was missing an important piece to that incredible scene. In front of a crowd too. Link

Hagi

feel real sorry for anyone conned into buying the gankutsuou bluray

hmm going to to need some context because I was thinking about getting it since I've never watched the show before.

The only episode I remember of Wing was when Heero ripped the invitation the main girl gave to him and walked away as it freeze framed, even as a kid I was like wtf and knew something was wrong with this dude. Cold as fuck. Regardless I won't lie, as a kid I had a hard on for the Gundam Wing mech and the soundtrack.

EDIT: Oh shit I just remembered, he tells her that he'll kill her too as he wipes her tear, I knew that I was missing an important piece to that incredible scene. In front of a crowd too. Link

This is why I like Wing, pure schlock and it's all the better for it.

Narag

I don't remember this being an ending, but the launch of the attack.

Maybe I saw this as one long film instead of separate episodes?

Likely, there's a movie version that has some extra content. If you saw Dorothy in Endless Waltz then it was that.

One step closer to Wing.

Narag pls. G Gundam and Gundam SEED is where its at.

Actually on the subject of Gundam BD's I wonder if SEED will get pushed back due to the fact they'll have to get the old VA's back to record new dialogue for the HD remaster? Seeing as Matt Hill and Trevor Devall are now residing in Los Angeles and other VA's have since retired, it could be difficult to get everyone back.

Jaxec

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko 1-3

For some reason I could tell this was done by Shaft. Those movements and head tilts. I'll stick with this cause it seems enjoyable. The girl thinks she's an alien and is always inside a rolled up futon. Oh and

tumblr_ljp4rcwCNO1qzdieio1_500.gif

is enough to make me continue this.

So, as someone who enjoyed Gundam Unicorn (yes, even the ending.), why do people seem to dislike it so much?

Is it because it has dumb space magic? Especially in the final episode?

Because I just kind of accept that Gundam has dumb space magic.

I'm okay with it.

I'll admit Riddhe was pretty terrible though.

Especially when he does THAT for no reason, for no reason at all.

javac

He lived a long, tragic and some would say an interesting life as a novelist and even a singer, but of course we all know him as the little boy from Grave of the Fireflies. It goes without saying that he went through things that we could only imagine, but I hope that through these years he was able to find peace and happiness. Rest in peace.

My sister's death is an exact match with the novel. It was one week after the end of the war. At the countryside of Fukui prefecture where I was, it was the day the restrictions on lighting were removed. It must have been the 22nd. It was evening, and I was picking up my sister's bones. I was coming home in a daze when I saw the village lit up. There was nothing like my surprise then. My sister died in my side of the world, and the light was coming back in the other.

Honestly speaking, there was also relief that she died and my burden was gone. No one would wake me up in the night like she did with her crying, and I wouldn't have to wander around with a child on my back any more. I'm very sorry to say this about my sister, but I did have those feelings too. That's why I haven't gone back to my novel (Grave of the Fireflies, published in 1967) to re-read it, since I hate that. It's so hypocritical. It must be absolutely true that Seita must have thought of his sister as a burden too. He must have thought that he could have escaped better if it weren't for her.

There are many things that I just couldn't get myself to write into the story. During composition, the older brother got increasingly transformed into a better human being. I was trying to compensate for everything I couldn't do myself. I always thought I wanted to perform these generous acts in my head, but I couldn't do so. I always thought I wouldn't eat and would give the food to my little sister, but when I actually had the piece of food in my hand, I was hungry after all, so I'd eat it. And there was nothing like the deliciousness of eating in a situation like that. And the pain that followed was just as big. I'd think there is no one more hopeless in the world than me. I didn't put anything about this in the novel.

Cornbread78

Mayo Chiki ep.7-9
Ojou-Sama is cruel, but is hilarious at the same time. Our poor MC catches the brunt of it too. We have a little love triangle going on, but there is already a clear heroine chosen, they at just taking a while to get them together, which is fine, because the comedy carries the show.

After finishing Haibane Renmei, my first thoughts were, "That's it? 6 hours of my life and... what did I get exactly?" But, five hours later, I've started piecing things together and lining parts of the plot up, and I think I just watched something completely and utterly unique. Absolutely astounding, but so absurdly different from modern anime. Even so, you don't really notice that difference until the ending sneaks up on you and the trance that the slow pacing of the show lulled you into is over.

10/10 would join the Charcoal Feather Federation again.

Manga Entertainment UK Top 10 best-selling new releases for 2015:

1. Naruto Shippuden Box Set 20 (Released 9 Feb. 2015)
  2. Ghost In The Shell Arise: Borders Parts 3 And 4 (Released 30 Nov. 2015)
  3. One Piece Collection 10 (Released 15 Jun. 2015)
  4. Naruto Shippuden Box Set 22 (Released 14 Sept. 2015)
  5. Harlock Space Pirate (Released 27 April 2015)
  6. Naruto Shippuden Box Set 21 (Released 10 Aug. 2015)
  7. One Piece Collection 11 (Released 10 Aug. 2015)
  8. Yu-gi-oh! Season 2 The Official Second Season (Released 30 Mar. 2015)
  9. Bleach Complete Series 14 (Released 21 Sept. 2015)
  10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 3 The Official Third Season (Released 5 Oct. 2015)

17. Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion (Released 28 Sept. 2015)
48. Samurai Bride - Complete Series Collection (Released 6 July 2015)

They ought to hope JPN continues to produce Naruto Shippuden episodes. I hope so, surely its helping keep the anime industry afloat.

Narag

ZZ Gundam 22
Haman and the Hyaku Shiki are here so interest rising. This felt far more in line with regular UC fare given the space battle the Argama endures against an actually capable opponent, Haman's leadership role, and how she very nearly co-opted Judau with her newtype magic. I'll have to admit that for as much as I like the dumb shit ZZ keeps shoveling my way, a more tradtional ep was a welcome reprieve.

I think Haibane Renmei is one of those shows you appreciate more if you watch it slowly.

It's a show that you don't want to rush through.

Definitely agree with this. I watched it with a much wiser film student who filled in some of the gaps I had as I watched it, but I probably would have lost some of the finer details watching it through without pause.

Going to start Wings of Honneamise tomorrow if I can catch a break.

Haruchika PV2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m21NmwIIuqM
What is this show actual about seriously.

Okay... let me make a wild guess. It's either a mystery involving a band club or a music anime involving solving music like a mystery or some shimsham - due to the blood and the Rubik's cube (Is this guy blind or something? Maybe he solves it by the sound it makes... ).

My guess is that it's a mystery because there are more elements of that in the trailer (blood, inspection, gloves, Rubik's cube, puzzle books, shots with objects in the bottom of the frame being looked down on, doors opening/closing, cell phone camera shots, etc). It will have to do with the music club obviously, but the repeated meetings, angry glares, and the Sakuras everywhere implies some kind of crisis unfolds causing the music class to fall apart from each other - or shut down entirely (scenes with Sensei man playing sadly with the sun going down behind him). In order to stop this, blonde kid and the girl standing next to him while he solves the Rubik's cube (or the mystery) have to solve who wrote the blood stained melody.

It's simple.

I'm probably wrong and this probably has a manga or something you could look up.

Okay...
...there better be a reason why their eyes look like that, or fuck this show.
Seems like when they are solving parts of the mystery or contemplating it since they aren't always like that. Kind of like "Ki ni narimasu", if I had to pull something out of my darkest hole.

Actually, naw. It's more like it's a particular trait of one girl that spreads to the other's when they act like her? Main girl always has it going on, but the other characters switch between it. I think it's even being pointed out in this sequence.

Or maybe... it's just an aesthetic for aesthetics sake. I mean... you can't ever completely rule that out... :c

But I'm just trying to find ways to waste time since I can't get to sleep. My final verdict on this show is that the main characters are most definitely Haruta and Chika.

I'm probably going to hate this but I'll watch it intently for flute playing.

Me too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
YuruYuri S3 10
This episode was very hard to watch. TYO's approach to the series flattens some of the comedic moments and tries to bridge things together for something calmer, smoother, and more rooted in a slice of life styling. I don't really know that this stuff plays to the nature of the original material, which is comfortable and pretty relaxed but still plays itself up as something that's really joking around.
Snow makes things very hard with animation. I get it. TYO kind of went out of their way to play up just how wintery these scenes were, but they ignore all of the important details that would actually help convey this setting, and it's a huge oversight. You get these slice of life scenes that just feel hugely out of touch with any reality, and they really fell flat for me. At a certain point you almost want to ask if the people working on this have really even seen snow in real life. It has no weight. It doesn't really track or leave footprints. Is it even that cold? They left Chinatsu in a skirt, with sneakers, and didn't even toss in full leggings to make it seem like they kind of thought of the temperature. There's a missing comfort here because things just seem so shoddy, but at this point the third season is far too often just lacking the necessary comedic timing required for a slower show like this, and it's not cute or artistically proficient enough for those aspects to carry it either.

And I hate to stress this point because it becomes so tired, but these subs from Crunchyroll are just dreadful. Like, at one point Akari accidentally hits Yui with snow. All Yui says is, "I'm glad you hit me." ??? ?????????????? ??? ? ??? ? ? Hello? The sentiment expressed is supposed to be "Good thing you hit me and not somebody else."
ArSmCWB.jpg

holy frogs what is happening

Seems like at this point, Glitter Force is just getting pushed out to meet a contract. I mean we're 9 days away from it, but there's very little advertisement, on top of it being Netflix exclusive.

Precure definitely can't catch a break when it comes to international releases. Granted the Crunchyroll release and potentially this were bound to happen.

A bit of a shame really considering that Futari Wa's dub wasn't even all that bad.

Seems like at this point, Glitter Force is just getting pushed out to meet a contract. I mean we're 9 days away from it, but there's very little advertisement, on top of it being Netflix exclusive.

Precure definitely can't catch a break when it comes to international releases. Granted the Crunchyroll release and potentially this were bound to happen.

A bit of a shame really considering that Futari Wa's dub wasn't even all that bad.

Don't worry, man. Just... relax. No force in the verse, not even editors, can stop the Glitter Force. Glitter down.

Actually, I misinterpreted your post. I'm half way to hammered town so it's understandable. My point still stands. Have you ever tried to clean glitter up? Impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom