• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

just saw the news

more erina = great news

Yes! Whoohoo! Can't wait for more Perfection! (Not a Metroid bait) That and more Alice is going to be neat.

Sweet. Hopefully, Soma has a one night stand with Erina's sorry, tsundere ass, then kicks her to the curb. This way, we can spend time watching them develope a relationship with the true wifey material that is Megumi.

Oh you, Kiritobread!

Jarmel

Banned
Oh boy what sort of birthday present is noitaminA going to give me?!

jjk_9057-leaking.xcf.jpg

Cornbread78

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...a-your-name-anime-film-for-august-2016/.96330

New Makoto Shinkai movie announced (5cm per Second, Garden of Words). His movies are generally bittersweet but very absorbing and beautiful.

Very much looking forward to it. Likely to be the most visually stunning anything of next year.

1 happy ending, just 1 is all we ask for....

Looking forward to this one. I really like his films...

That trailer for it sure looked good. The music in the background was good also. Just the name... Guys there is already GATE airing in the same season lol. Again with another similar Cavalry vs Asterisk situation. But I can give it a shot I guess.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 441 – Jiraiya Ninja Scrolls: The Tale of Naruto the Hero - Returning Home
CV34ex_WUAIKnxv.png
CV34ez6WUAA9fNY.png

If they can keep Sasuke from getting the curse mark then this will be up there for my favorite Shippuden original content arc. Seeing the post coup d'tat situation in the village, how it affects Itachi and Sasuke and their father, as well as Minato's handling of it is intriguing. I hope it wont lead to Sasuke going down a bad path but with Lord Orochimaru far off somewhere else, maybe that won't be the case.

Itachi winking and so much more is so hilarious.
CV32_y-WIAAYgku.png
CV33RipWIAE9nFR.png

duckroll

Death Parade - Episode 6-12

Had this on the backlog for ages and always meant to finish it off. Finally managed to do it this week, bit by bit. I really enjoyed it. I remember that when it was airing, I felt that the "mythos" storyline with the arbiters and the girl was weaker than the episodic stories about the guest pairs, but I think eventually the series managed to tie it all together pretty well. There was a good mix of different circumstances and situations for each pairing, and in the end it was all used as proof of the diversity of life and of humanity itself, which was great. What I liked most about the ending is that ultimately nothing really changed and there wasn't a huge dramatic shift because of how things played out. Instead they opted for an open ending where there is optimism, pessimism and a general sense of uncertainty towards the future, which is exactly what life and death is about.

Good show. Hope Tachikawa gets to direct something new soon! Also, the looooong skating montage was sooooooooooooooo good.

Russ T

Banned
Also, the looooong skating montage was sooooooooooooooo good.

It was fucking beautiful.

Death Parade is absolutely one of my favorites from this year. I adore it so much. Everything you said is pretty much spot on with how I felt about the whole thing.

Which shows will be in that situation?

So I know what to avoid

GATE part 2:

Divine Gate:

The first one you either watch or don't according to whether you liked part 1. The second looks cool, we just had the trailer posted here with some art.

Death Parade - Episode 6-12

Had this on the backlog for ages and always meant to finish it off. Finally managed to do it this week, bit by bit. I really enjoyed it. I remember that when it was airing, I felt that the "mythos" storyline with the arbiters and the girl was weaker than the episodic stories about the guest pairs, but I think eventually the series managed to tie it all together pretty well. There was a good mix of different circumstances and situations for each pairing, and in the end it was all used as proof of the diversity of life and of humanity itself, which was great. What I liked most about the ending is that ultimately nothing really changed and there wasn't a huge dramatic shift because of how things played out. Instead they opted for an open ending where there is optimism, pessimism and a general sense of uncertainty towards the future, which is exactly what life and death is about.

Good show. Hope Tachikawa gets to direct something new soon! Also, the looooong skating montage was sooooooooooooooo good.

I totally agree. Death Parade was one of the sleeper hits for me this season. So many feels.

Alright, youtubed that Ice Skating scene and it really is fantastic.
So I figure she then committed suicide when she found her dream career in shambles?

Gvitor

Soma season 2... Christmas came early.

And to those asking how much more manga is there: there's enough for another full 2-cour run and a bit more.

Soma season 2... Christmas came early.

And to those asking how much more manga is there: there's enough for another full 2-cour run and a bit more.

Last time I counted there seemed to be enough for two 2-cours. Now this would have been if they split it exactly like they did for season one, but yeah. Exciting news. And obviously by the time this finishes airing there will be more chapters, which means more possibilities for more seasons.

Swamped

Banned
Oh wow, not so perfect timing on my part. I just started watching Shougeki, I'm about halfway. Enjoying it way more than i thought i would! I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously. If only i had taken it up closer to when the 2nd season begins lol.

Line_HTX

GATE part 2:

Divine Gate:

The first one you either watch or don't according to whether you liked part 1. The second looks cool, we just had the trailer posted here with some art.

Aww, man, who didn't like GATE?

D:

And LOL at the 2nd part... I might just see this one and hope it keeps me entertained. The art looks nice at least.

Shouta

GATE part 2:

Divine Gate:

I totally agree. Death Parade was one of the sleeper hits for me this season. So many feels.

These sound nothing alike. I can only speculate what happens with Divine Gate but I know what happens in Gate S2. Based off the Divine Gate description, it's gonna be a totally different affair.

Aww, man, who didn't like GATE?

D:

And LOL at the 2nd part... I might just see this one and hope it keeps me entertained. The art looks nice at least.

These sound nothing alike. I can only speculate what happens with Divine Gate but I know what happens in Gate S2. Based off the Divine Gate description, it's gonna be a totally different affair.

Don't get me wrong I am gonna watch both. And that was why I said SIMILAR to the comparison this season. The two things that are similar about these shows are the names and the fact that there is some kind of gate I guess LOL. The two should be different aside from that, one is clearly military/fantasy world based while the other seems to be a teenager centric chuuni-power kind of show. If anything I'd say KyoAni's Phantom World will be more similar to Divine Gate than GATE itself. I just thought it was funny that the two share similar names :p
EDIT: Would like to point out after checking AniChart that the two air on the same day lol.

Also I'm excited for GATE S2 based on the good stuff you and other folks have said about it.

Shouta

Don't get me wrong I am gonna watch both. And that was why I said SIMILAR to the comparison this season. The two things that are similar about these shows are the names and the fact that there is some kind of gate I guess LOL. The two should be different aside from that, one is clearly military/fantasy world based while the other seems to be a teenager centric chuuni-power kind of show. If anything I'd say KyoAni's Phantom World will be more similar to Divine Gate than GATE itself. I just thought it was funny that the two share similar names :p
EDIT: Would like to point out after checking AniChart that the two air on the same day lol.

Also I'm excited for GATE S2 based on the good stuff you and other folks have said about it.

Oh, you were just going on the Gate name? lol Phantom World sounds close to Divine Gate. That might be a fun comparison watch.

Oh, you were just going on the Gate name? lol Phantom World sounds close to Divine Gate. That might be a fun comparison watch.

Not gonna lie comparison watches are fun. Until one of the two shows becomes unbearably watchable lol. As a KyoAni fan, Phantom World has big shoes to fill so it better be the best of the two aha!

Saudades

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...a-your-name-anime-film-for-august-2016/.96330

New Makoto Shinkai movie announced (5cm per Second, Garden of Words). His movies are generally bittersweet but very absorbing and beautiful.

Very much looking forward to it. Likely to be the most visually stunning anything of next year.
Splendid. And it looks like he kept Masayoshi Tanaka too, after that commercial.
That shot of the sky at the beginning, holy shit. Hook it into my veins now.

I know I shouldn't judge a show too harshly on a trailer that is less than 30 seconds...

...but watching that trailer made me think the "Wow, it's fucking nothing" gif is gonna be an apt summary of the show.
That's how I react to every anime trailer. Very few of them make me excited for a show.

The best TV anime trailers I recall off the top of my head are those for Fujiko Mine, Flowers of Evil, and Eccentric Family. Those were well done, especially the first two.

Jarmel

Banned
I know I shouldn't judge a show too harshly on a trailer that is less than 30 seconds...

...but watching that trailer made me think the "Wow, it's fucking nothing" gif is gonna be an apt summary of the show.

Funny thing is that the staff for at least the first episode is super good.

Kigami is directing and Takemoto is storyboarding.

Funny thing is that the staff for at least the first episode is super good.

Kigami is directing and Takemoto is storyboarding.

If the overall art direction and tone that Ishihara is setting and the scripts being adapted from the LN are bad, no amount of quality KyoAni directors and animators working on the project is going to save it.

Jarmel

Banned
If the overall art direction and tone that Ishihara is setting and the scripts being adapted from the LN are bad, no amount of quality KyoAni directors and animators working on the project is going to save it.

I imagine it's going to be a loose adapatation as usual with their properties and Shimo is one of their better script writers.

*shrug*

Ain't nothing saving the art direction though.

Yo DTL, you gonna watch Prince of Stride with me next season?

Seems to be mostly about boys running and giving out Hi-fives from looking at the PV

Making characters look decent while sprinting is an art though. Lots of shows make it look bad

But when it's good, it's always damn good <--- Euphonium spoilers

Russ T

Banned
Prince of Stride is also about girls sprinting!!!

I've been anticipating this one since I first saw the image. Sports anime. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom