• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you read that right

I need receipts man!

I know there was going to be shit cut, but that one D:

To think, Futari wa had Small edits, but was still largely intact right down to girls getting brutally beat up. But heavens forbid we had dead people. I know it's a different company but still.

duckroll

what's the end game with daisuki.net? I cannot believe that they will continue as is without adding a sub fee eventually.

Why not? They want a userbase. They already sell on demand stuff like Unicorn and Origin. So I guess the endgame is that they establish themselves as the official platform to get anime direct from the Japanese companies and they sell catelog and premium titles while offering the current tv stuff for free.

Thoraxes

Also worth noting, if it's available, and I think it is in the case of Zeta, they do have access to the 35mm film source for their release.
V1 of Zeta is going to be 25 episodes on three discs, opposed to MSG's two (MSG was on 16mm).
One step closer to Wing.

I am so fucking ready. Also the other half of Zeta will probably release 1-2 months apart if they keep going at the rate they have been with Turn A and MSG.

Though, if they keep doing the whole schedule like they have been, we probably won't see Wing on bluray till mid-late 2017, depending on how much they're going to go in order. G Gundam will probably be before that.

Basically they've been doing this:
  • Release two volumes over two months (Turn A V1 was 6/30, V2 was 8/4)
  • After the second volume releases, wait about 3 months to do the next series (MSG V1 was 11/3, V2 12/1)
  • Zeta appears to be on 3/1. So V2 would probably also be early April.
So if we assume that this will probably be their trajectory, you could reasonably expect 2 more TV series to release in completion next year in addition to Zeta. Also though, they didn't really mention their plans on the OVAs and stuff.

Also previously confirmed for 2016:
  • G-Reco (BD and DVD) - Spring release window confirmed
  • Zeta (BD + DVD) + Zeta Movies
  • After War Gundam X (DVD only)
  • GBF and GBF Try
  • ZZ

phaze

That's certainly a Shinkai movie ...

Shokugeki no Soma season 2 got announced apparently. Not really a surprise but nice to finally see it confirmed.

Will watch
the Rindou parts.

I finally thought the filler would be over. But that ending.

God dammit.

December schedule is out and the episode titles don't look like end of filler. 14 January is the earliest date for which you can even begin to have hope for.

Shokugeki no Soma season 2 got announced apparently. Not really a surprise but nice to finally see it confirmed.

Welp, I expected it but it's nice to see that it has actually been confirmed.

Man 2015 keeps the hype announcements streak rolling. Is there anything else that we'll still need to see announced?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Welp, I expected it but it's nice to see that it has actually been confirmed.

Man 2015 keeps the hype announcements streak rolling. Is there anything else that we'll still need to see announced?

Mizukami Satoshi work getting anime Spirit Circle or Sengoku Youko please.

http://kabaneri.com/
Finally, Kotetsujo no Kabaneri new info coming December 17.
Okouchi Ichirou is back! lol.

BtzG5BR.jpg

Mailbox

Getting back into the swing of anime watching is a little tough when you are behind 4 + episodes for all the series you are watching.

Haikyuu s2: 6-10

Great, as always. Unfortunately im noticing more and more reusing of shots and scenes (the spinning ball shot was amazing the first time and then they reuse it 2 more times in close succession which made it come off as lazy :( )

Komori-san Can't Decline! 6-10

Anyone who is interested in this, just read the 4-koma. Scenes aren't delivered properly, pacing issues galore (despite being a faithful adaptation, it feels rushed), and the changed to the titular character's anatomy (ie: thinner and bustier) get more and more distracting and annoying as the episodes go on. I'll probably finish this series since each episode is 2 min long, but seriously, just skip this one.

The Perfect Insider 6-7

Really enjoying this one.
Feels very well written, especially episode 7 (It was mostly done in english, proper grammar and compellingly written which is very rare for anime). You can tell this show has a lower animation budget (or reluctant animators) than it deserves. The clean art style mitigates this a lot though. Despite that, the family murder scene could have been done a lot better, not only in the animation but in the logic of events in the moment. I was staring at the screen thinking "why the fuck are you just standing there", which is never good.

That said, i started noticing the high quality of the 3d (seriously, the 3d used in the environments is great) and by the end of episode 7 i was fully immersed in the story and dialogue happening. Which is always a good sign.

Basically, of what i have been watching, this and owarimonogatari are my Aots so far, though i still need to catch up on owari and i'm not watching a few series until they are done (noragami) so i can binge them in full.

Also: The more foodgasms the better! Can't wait for season 2 :D

phaze

Sölf;188670068 said:
Yiss! But how much more manga is there?

First season covered like ~59 chapters, the total for today is 146.

119 is the (manga spoilers)
elite ten introduction. No Rindou for the entirety of S2.
ip2gaw8upjlu.gif

Yes!

!YES!

You forgot to mention the big thing here, Shinkai got freaking Masashi Ando as the animation director for this film.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...a-your-name-anime-film-for-august-2016/.96330

Neat!

Looks like you'll just have to deliver on the screenplay Shinkai, the rest I'll have faith won't be an issue.

Quasar

Its only 20 for me in the US (cdjapan and Amazon). It seems its your countries fault for the prices.

I don't see how given prices ex-shipping are the same for everyone. And with cdjapan at least shipping to Australia or the US is the same. Even the cdjapan website when converting prices to USD has the price for '25' at $32 plus shipping.

Haruchika PV2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m21NmwIIuqM
What is this show actual about seriously.

Looks good. It's on my list for next season so I can't wait to watch it.

Best news I could have woken up to. So glad I held off on jumping to the manga.

Wow this looks beautiful!

Cornbread78

I don't see how given prices ex-shipping are the same for everyone. And with cdjapan at least shipping to Australia or the US is the same. Even the cdjapan website when converting prices to USD has the price for '25' at $32 plus shipping.

The cd w blu ray limited edition is 20. On amzn us its just 20$ from jpn vendors. In american dollars, thats not too pricy for a CD, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom