• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoanarch

The Perfect Insider

Is so stunning seeing one of my favorite artist getting to design the character art. I don't know anything about the novel but it seem like the brooding introspective kind of novel that comes out of Japan. Oh wait is a Hiroshi Moro book? Alright I'm in for the duaration.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Young Black Jack Episode 2:

I want to like this show more then I do, but the amped up SHONEN EMOTIONS are really grating on the nerves at times. Anyway, I rather liked the dilemma posed by this episode and while the eventual outcome can not help but feel like a bit of a cop out it was something for the most part that was a natural course of events.
Seriously though what the fuck was up with that tribute to Face/OFF there? If Black Jack needs money then become a plastic surgeon and get rich quickly.

Mailbox

That was way more enjoyable that i thought it was gonna be.
This episode was obviously meant as a way for us to see the traits of the main characters and each small case (the skull and the couple) are just vehicles to address that. These cases aren't the main focus in this episode, the character introductions were, so I really didn't mind them as much as other people. If the episode was completely focused on the couple case, then it would have felt like an empty ending, but it wasn't so it didn't.

Amazingly animated, which actually really surprised me. use of colour and detail is great, though i did spot one or two things that could use improving in a BD release (specifically theres a scene when the main guy walks into the garden where the roses initially look like shit. Its small and insignificant but noticeable) but overall i didn't expect the quality to be what it was.

If they decide to focus on us getting to know the characters while at the same time giving good time to cases and tell complete stories I think this could be wonderful.

Excited for the rest.

pbayne

Perfect Insider 1

Really interesting start. Really hard to grasp what the show will be about at the moment though. Nice to see a college setting for a change.

Garo 1

Slow start but then again the last season had a slow start too. Tons of expectation for this as the last season was brilliant.

Garo: The Crimson Moon 01

or73BG5.jpg
H4umHtQ.jpg

Second season of currently my favorite anime of 2015. Got to say it is off to an interesting start and I mean that in a good way.

Seimei looks to be a pretty awesome MC thus far. She's strong, confident but not overly so, and seems to have a sense of humor and doesn't seem to take things so seriously despite the work she's in. Also older too and seems to be in her 20s

Her 'partner' Raikou seems to be possiblly taking up the role of the inexperienced warrior to her skilled alchemist. Still too early to tell of course but the end of the last battle gave a clue about his powers and control over the armor he uses despite the fact he seems to be in his 20s as well.

Either way good overall first impression looking forward to another season of the series.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Garo: The Crimson Moon 01

Second season of currently my favorite anime of 2015. Got to say it is off to an interesting start and I mean that in a good way.

Seimei looks to be a pretty awesome MC thus far. She's strong, confident but not overly so, and seems to have a sense of humor and doesn't seem to take things so seriously despite the work she's in. Also older too and seems to be in her 20s

Her 'partner' Raikou seems to be possiblly taking up the role of the inexperienced warrior to her skilled alchemist. Still too early to tell of course but the end of the last battle gave a clue about his powers and control over the armor he uses despite the fact he seems to be in his 20s as well.

Either way good overall first impression looking forward to another season of the series.

I hadn't kept up to date on the info regarding this, the second season, has started, Fuck yes!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ergo Proxy Episode 7:

This has been thus far the best episode of Ergo Proxy for it finally pulls back the curtain a fair bit about what is at the core of The Proxy mystery and the stakes it hold for Romadeau. Not only that but it also ties into the events that are unfolding outside of the dome and why Mosk is so important. I do admit I am surprised that Ergo Proxy has managed to be so cohesive about these plot threads in the here and the now. Yes, yes, I have not experienced the real Ergo Proxy yet as the peanut gallery likes to remind me but I am not there yet. Anyway, on the flip side of things Ergo Proxy just up and went and Psycho Passed itself on one of its core concepts by postulating a question and then going ahead and answering it pretty definitively at the outset.
Does humanity still need the dome and the invitro process? That answer is a big stinking blooming yes and I don't know where this stupid ass question even came from other than because that is the type of question a series like this would ask for the sake of asking. The outside world is shown to be quite fucking dead and she got an infection that Re-l barely survived and she has the gaul to ask that question.

Young Black Jack 02

An improvement over the first episode, all the Shounen talk just works for some reason, at least for me.

This operation definitely was silly which I actually really liked, when I first started this I though that it was going to be more gritty but after hearing what the other Black Jack shows were like I changed my expectation, which seemed to pay off.

Good stuff.

Ascheroth

Young Black Jack - 02

I really liked this. It seems the surgeries themselves won't be much of a focus in this show, but as long as the drama around it stays as entertaining as this episode, I won't mind it much.

Monster Strike Episode 1: The First Strike
CQ9QpP-XAAAD82j.png

Yes this is definitely in the top 3 anime of the season. Such a good character design and world. I also love the monster designs thus far and the music.

Ren's va is the best, his inner monologue scenes (well he is speaking aloud but everyone else is paused) are great when he changes to that voice.

The ED though with the Queen We Will Rock You Remix, unbelievable.

Monster Strike Episode 2
CQ9VSlWWUAAj-iJ.png
CQ9VSk0WEAA_mmr.png

Gives me the feelings Ive missed in anime since Oreca Battle Dragon Collection ended except with a slightly older lead character and one who is a bit more heroic than about GUTS.

Oragon is a fantastic monster while Ren is a perfect lead. I like all the little things with the battle the most and the posing and word overlay going on. Also the sound effects, they are good.

pbayne

Finished Buddy Complex

Jeez I was really liking it up to about episode 9 but then it all falls apart. The last 4 episodes are ridicously stupid. Everything to do with Hina and Aoba dosen't make sense and just makes them both look like morons.

The sting at the end that Bizon was still alive too. Fuck right off.

Finished Buddy Complex

Jeez I was really liking it up to about episode 9 but then it all falls apart. The last 4 episodes are ridicously stupid. Everything to do with Hina and Aoba dosen't make sense and just makes them both look like morons.

The sting at the end that Bizon was still alive too. Fuck right off.
There's an ova that finishes the show as well if you haven't watched that.

Seraph of the End Episode 13
CQ9pXiWWUAAFbHL.png
CQ9pXdzW8AALLhk.png

Its back and just as good as it was initially. 12 more weeks of Yuu-chan, and Mika kun and Hiragi family dealings.

The Hyakuya sect parts was compelling, I wonder if we will get more on this background.

Heavy Object - 2
Meh. One more episode to make up for it or I am done.

Asterisk - 2
Kuudere? Check.
I do like how she sound so bored in every line. I chuckled a few times. Good episode, and it looks like we going in a good pace.

Garo 2 -1
Okay opening episode. Looks like Raikou Garo works differently this time around.
Of course, obligatory strong female lead. I like that.

Heavy Object 2

Honestly better than the first episode. Like it's not bad, but it isn't particularly good either. It's suck in that awkward area where the action is very western in its presentation, but everything else is so anime. I'll keep watching.

But let me say right now all of the unnecessary perverted crap is bringing down this show to a mediocre level and it's a sad state that the writer should even need to write shit like that into the show.
Not Star Wars 2

Now we have Not-Gaston and Not-his lackey
V6JeRLE.gif

This keeps being so fucking bland I'm surprised it's not just called "generic LN the anime". But morbid curiosity....

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Episode 21

Misaw v Juudai is Juudai's hardest duel yet.
by permanently blocking Polymerization Juudai seems to not have any trump cards to use his Ace Monsters on Misawa on.

ibyea

Banned
I don't need to watch the second season of Psycho Pass to watch the movie right? I've heard the second season is pointless and I like the end of the first season to not ruin it.

Just don't bother with it if you are not into laughing at bad shows. And as others have said, Mika is the just the worst.

Deadly

Asterisk 2
Having read the manga for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, it kinda seems this show actually has some kind of a story goal unlike the other where all we know is that he fights to win the competition and go to the next grade. But still, it's so similar, it's hilarious.

The ED song was really nice though.

Not sure if anyone cares in here but my friend and I just watched the Rick and Morty interdimensional cable episode of S2 and... I dunno. The magic is gone. I hope they don't do a third.

Phatmac

Not sure if anyone cares in here but my friend and I just watched the Rick and Morty interdimensional cable episode of S2 and... I dunno. The magic is gone. I hope they don't do a third.
That wasn't great but the early Rick and Morty episodes of season 2 were great. The one with Rick and his ex-girlfriend was amazing.

That wasn't great but the early Rick and Morty episodes of season 2 were great. The one with Rick and his ex-girlfriend was amazing.

a co-worker told me that there were 2 weak episodes this season. So far for my friends and I they've all been pretty great. They loved this one but I wasn't crazy for it.

Phatmac

a co-worker told me that there were 2 weak episodes this season. So far for my friends and I they've all been pretty great. They loved this one but I wasn't crazy for it.
It's the curse of improv comedy I'd imagine. The early to mid start of Rick and Morty is strong but the last ones weren't at the caliber of the early episodes. The first season had some weak episodes as well like the Jurassic park one.

Monster Strike 01+02

Suprsingly good, while the first five minutes of episode 1 kinda dragged on and had that awkard moment where the product placement felt a bit too forced (for something that's already an glorified ad) I enjoyed everything else about it.

Between the Text pop ins and some nice stuff like how the MC talks about the next episode there's a lot of charm to this, really makes it a joy to watch.

The OST was also on point, Loved how they used the "almost there" theme of the game when the MC was destroying, also liked how he beat his enemy, really faithful to the game which adds a lot.

It's been a while since I played the game though, hope powercreep hasn't ruined my chances of Merlin or Napoleon appearing.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 52

I wonder if this will turn into a Crow gets swapped out for Yusei to duel like Luca replaced Lua in the previous arc. I like the Crow Yusei being together there for this duel though, Crow being relevant is fantastic.

Seraph of the End S2 Episode 1
download.png

Solid reintroduction episode. Not much in terms of action, but the characters were reasonably entertaining.

That's mainly due to the fact that just about everyone in this show is smug as hell. Yuu feels like a different character though, considering how he's willing to more or less, fall in line now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom