• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
Kekkai Sensen - 12

I liked the ending. I would have been fine with this show having no plot at all and just being random crazy hijinks in the city, but it was nice for what it was.
But one thing: WHY DID THEY NOT DANCE AT THE END? D:

Second season, when?

Damn I thought I was the only one with these exact thoughts. Everyone else seems to like the plot a lot!

Noragami Aragoto 02

Well that story with the girl that came to visit Yukine's friend every Summer made me feel bad for the Regalias. And then THAT happened. Screw this doctor. What an annoying and evil mother fucker. He's the scheming type of character that I just hate. Hope Yato and Yukine give him a good whooping.

lonely

Is Gundam Build Fighters getting a dub?
It's just a slide from Comic Con at the minute but I wouldn't expect one. To me it seems crazy that Sunrise hasn't tried to relaunch Gundam in the west with GBF targeted at kids similar to how Little Battlers has been handled.

Ascheroth

Damn I thought I was the only one with these exact thoughts. Everyone else seems to like the plot a lot!

The main appeal in Kekkai Sensen for me was always the absolutely crazy setting in which crazy characters did crazy things and the utter chaos that was everywhere.

On another note: It seems I'm a no longer a Junior. Only took half a year, lol.

Qurupeke

Tsukimonogatari 1-4

Pretty nice arc for a character that keeps getting better and better. Yotsugi is really fun to watch interacting with others. I hope that now she's with Araragi this will mean more screen time. Other than that, some huge hints for Ougi being the final boss. Oh and it seems Oshino Meme will play a pretty big role later. I didn't realize how much time he's missing. I really hope he'll appear soon.

Owarimonogatari 1

Quite a different episode, I liked it a lot. First time we see an Ougi episode and she's as random as ever. The school trial was also interesting to watch, the outcome was somewhat predictable though. Also, Sodachi was introduced, I wonder what will happen now. Other than Ougi, the plot seems to deviate from what we've seen so far, I hope Sodachi is somehow connected to the rest of the story.

Anyway, finally done with Monogatari and I can follow it on a weekly base. And wait for the movie too I guess. I need more Senjougahara and Kaiki though.

Oh and I'm not sure how I'd rank the arcs. Hitagi End and Nadeko Medusa are my favourite, then maybe Hitagi Crab, Tsubasa Cat and Karen Bee, followed by Ougi Formula, Nadeko Snake, Tsukihi Phoenix, Tsubasa Tiger and Mayoi Jangshi. The rest were somewhat less memorable for me.

Russ T

Banned
The main appeal in Kekkai Sensen for me was always the absolutely crazy setting in which crazy characters did crazy things and the utter chaos that was everywhere.

Yeah, completely agreed.

Also the kickass soundtrack!

They grow so fast.

Yeah maybe that's why the last episode, although nice and all, all I could think was... Meh. On a week to week basis it was a fun watch, there was always something wild going on. I did not grow attached to the characters at all because of this though. So then, we went for 4 months without seeing anything, and then the episode dropped. I guess I watched it because I remembered I had fun with series, but I can't say I watched it because I wanted to know what happened to any of the characters in the show. But maybe that was just me.

DiGiKerot

It's just a slide from Comic Con at the minute but I wouldn't expect one. To me it seems crazy that Sunrise hasn't tried to relaunch Gundam in the west with GBF targeted at kids similar to how Little Battlers has been handled.

Apparently, at said panel, they've just announced a Hollywood remake of Tiger and Bunny. Presumably the usual anime Hollywood "I'll believe it when I see a trailer" thing applies, but huuuuuuh.

Phatmac

Hoping that the whole remembering plot line doesn't happen again as they already dealt with that last season with Hiyori. Surprised by the brutality in the episode but it gets the plot moving along so that's fine. Fuck that smug doctor guy though.

Hackadoll - 02

Didn't find it as amusing as the first episode, but the energetic, silly stuff and expressions brings a smile to my face. Probably my favorite of the shorts so far.

Line_HTX

Kekkai Sensen - 12

I liked the ending. I would have been fine with this show having no plot at all and just being random crazy hijinks in the city, but it was nice for what it was.
But one thing: WHY DID THEY NOT DANCE AT THE END? D:

Second season, when?

Bones sequels... Oops, did I say that out loud?

Pooya

oh I watched some anime finally....

sakurako 1

Creepy woman in a somewhat creepy relationship with a boy doing creepy things. Well, that was actually fun, hopefully there is not romance or anything here and it's just about creepy things. I might watch this.

Noragami s2 1
I really liked first season but right now I don't care whatsoever about this /residentsleeper

----

I'm not sure even if I want to watch gundam now, maybe when it's like 10 episodes in.

Garo: Guren no Tsuki 01

I like the OP. ED is alright as well.

Never watched the first Garo series so I have no connection to it. This was an alright first episode, it certainly looks pretty though. The soundtrack is kind of odd in certain scenes (deep bass line in that one part) but I think I kinda like it.

Ugh hulu captions on tv for todays k have a noticeable delay :( I assume it isnt that way on the computer.

Odd as I have no issue watching Gundam Reconguista, Bakumon, Gundaml Iron BLodded Orphans on hulu tv :/

Yokai Watch dub 5

Nate and Whisper seem to share the role of "stay losing" in the series each little segment lets one or the other just get shit on by everyone and its hilarious.

Symphogear G 10
A huge complex conflict with the plot I barely understand and now making less sense ending with
Hibiki and Miku getting blasted, the Frontier appearing though it still isn't clear what this is and Chris betraying for some reason
Also when was Ogawa a ninja. He literally burst out of the water in a water tornado, teleported and ran on water. Like how and why didn't do anything like that before

Ascheroth

Heavy Object - 02

Well shit. Death, death everywhere.
This was surprisingly entertaining and the CG still looks decent.
The episode did a good job demonstrating again how freaking powerful Objects are and that your entire base is basically fucked if yours is destroyed and the enemy chooses to ignore your surrender.
Looking forward to how they are going to fight against the enemy Object now.

Heavy Object - 02

Well shit. Death, death everywhere.
This was surprisingly entertaining and the CG still looks decent.
The episode did a good job demonstrating again how freaking powerful Objects are and that your entire base is basically fucked if yours is destroyed and the enemy chooses to ignore your surrender.
Looking forward to how they are going to fight against the enemy Object now.

Initial reactions- I have literally no complains, everything went according to plan. The pacing was perfect and they covered (explained) everything I could think of.

The OST is pretty amazing as well, heart pounding action pack throughout.

Eureka 7 1-13

*snip*

Sure am interested in those impressions. As far as I can tell, your thoughts align with mine somewhat closely when I was that point.

setting is still not very fleshed out

World building is just one of the many aspects of the overall poor structure in this show. The times they choose to reveal some information concerning the setting can be downright flabbergasting, to the point where I'm certain they mustn't have had a clear, rough story outline when production already started.

KAGEWANI 02

0sVhRnA.jpg
klTHIhz.jpg

Alright that was cool. Reminded me of the Dyatlov Pass story. This isn't a scary show, but it has a good atmosphere. However the protagonist in this is completely useless, lol

TrueBlue

Where do I get started with the "Monogatari" series? It sounds like something I'd been interested in but I'm a little to confused as to where I should start.

Where do I get started with the "Monogatari" series? It sounds like something I'd been interested in but I'm a little to confused as to where I should start.

Don't worry as someone who just ran through it this past month it's confusing as hell. Bakemonogatari (15 episodes) is the first series. Then Nisemonogatari (11 episodes) then Nekomonogatari Black (4) then Monogatari Second Season (26) then Hanamonogatari (5) then Tsukimonogatari (4) then Owarimonogatari (airing now)

Yup. It may seem like you are missing something because the chronological order of the series is all over the place but that is the release order.

TrueBlue

Don't worry as someone who just ran through it this past month it's confusing as hell. Bakemonogatari (15 episodes) is the first series. Then Nisemonogatari (11 episodes) then Nekomonogatari Black (4) then Monogatari Second Season (26) then Hanamonogatari (5) then Tsukimonogatari (4) then Owarimonogatari (airing now)

Yup. It may seem like you are missing something because the chronological order of the series is all over the place but that is the release order.

Right, thanks. Is it recommended to watch release order ala Star Wars or is chronological better?

Just pop in Bakemonogatari like MetroidPrimeRib said and enjoy greatness.

Cheers, I've heard good - and hopefully not sarcastic - things about the series.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Heavy Object Episode 2:

A much better episode in the sense the the dialog isn't 95 percent pointless exposition and the series is starting to tell a real story. However, that isn't stopping this show from having just some of the blandest characters I have seen all season and then it goes and pulls an accidental pervert spot and that is where I shut this piece of shit off for good. That shit is tedious enough in the goofy and light-hearted anime but when when you pull the spot off in what is trying to be a serious war drama then I am done with that particular series.Maybe this series will get worthwhile but it also has the bad fortune of airing alongside other programs that are not only similar but had better openings.

Jarmel

Banned
World building is just one of the many aspects of the overall poor structure in this show. The times they choose to reveal some information concerning the setting can be downright flabbergasting, to the point where I'm certain they mustn't have had a clear, rough story outline when production already started.

What? The worldbuilding is one of the best aspects of the show. They spend a lot of time going over stuff like trapar and other components.

Heavy Object Episode 2

Wow much improved epissode. The OP song was incredible.

Qwenthur and Havia make a great duo and combined with the universe this is set in, I think we have an excellent trio of heroes. I kind of hope they stay all together as we go on, but first as we tackle this Object.

Music is perfect as well. First ost this season thus far to get the mood well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom