• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-Gata H Kei
Good twist that an anime all about sex, nothing happens in the end. I thought the series was pretty good.

The whole Kanejo- and her brother thing was pretty weird.

I heard that the anime and manga split off, so I'll have to read it.

Phatmac

Looks like along with that new Monthly Boruto series there's going to be some Itachi anime?

edit: might be a movie i guess

milk that shit
At least they picked a decent character like Itachi to do something new with but I don't care about this Boruto shit. Milking it all dry I guess.

The Asterisk War (season)FINAL

Generic harem anime until the very end, but it wasn't completely awful. I'd say it was the best of the battle harems this year (what an honor...). Some of the characters were interesting with just enough meager backstory for me to at least be interested in what would happen to them. The animation, narrative, and character designs were better than The 35th Platoon. The series just felt more cohesive than Seraph of the End (marginally so, but still) to me.

Solid 4/10.

Final? there is 2nd cour at 2016 spring lol.

Am I wrong in assuming this is the final episode of this season? I edited my post anyways.

Seraph of the End Episode 23

Good adaptation.

Unfortunately theres only a bit of this chapter left and then, well theres nothing else of manga (cause this episode was chp 38-40.5], so I cant wait for next week to see what the mastermind penned for the anime and how this will end.

The Asterisk War FINAL

Generic harem anime until the very end, but it wasn't completely awful. I'd say it was the best of the battle harems this year (what an honor...). Some of the characters were interesting with just enough meager backstory for me to at least be interested in what would happen to them.

Solid 4/10.

Final? there is 2nd cour at 2016 spring lol.

Owarimonogatari 12 END

CWm1DsDVAAA53iB.png:large

People waiting for Kizu be like

That beginning conversation between Araragi and Senjougahara...I'm not sure whether it reinforces their relationship or points to it ending.

It was when Araragi got that photo of Hanekawa that I noticed what he was wearing now and what he was wearing in Tsubasa Tiger and pieced all of it together because I had forgotten. Gaen was really hitting him with some heavy shit - asking him if he loved Shinobu, Senjougahara or Hanekawa more. That's like the ultimate question, why you dropping that on the poor dude now?

Owari was great on the story front, which I guess is to be expected now. Zoku Owari when?

That reminds me, I forgot to mention this earlier, but when I watched Boruto I was surprised at the level of technology in Naruto's world. I had always assumed it was basically on the level of medieval Japan, probably because of the ninja focus, but nope, it's modern Japan with a bunch of fantasy/earlier Japanese elements tacked on. It caught me off guard.

Don't worry, it never made any sense.

Owari 12

I don't trust Gaen.

That's a good instinct.

Valkyrie Drive 11

UGHH I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE LAST EPISODE. I thought I was done. Well at least they started turning into mechs so it's closer to Cross Ange. I do appreciate the bad guy trying to win using NTR as a weapon!

When teal hair SOLDIER girl and Mirei talk to each other it sounds like they are playing battleship. C-7! A-3! D-5! I guess it explains why Mirei is so wooden and boring, she's a Stormtrooper.

This show sucks.

And Nisii keeps writing more. I'm not sure whether to be elated or exhausted.

As long as the quality keeps up then by all means he should keep going. It's not like he hasn't done other stuff along with it.

Exalted

Asterisk Episode 12

A great battle to end the show.

Wasn't anything special, but in the end like it more than Cavalry or 35th Test Platoon. For some reason i really liked the visuals, the color palette and the sound in this show, it just felt more pleasant to the eyes that the other 2 shows to me.

Jaxec

Utawarerumono 12

a5ZtZH7.png

Well that was an interesting episode. Those twins really raised the temperature this episode, especially with their dance. Looks like the slice of life portion of this show is now over. Also please get rid of the BL girl, she serves no purpose and her routine got old real fast. Being Haku is still suffering and since he's had to suffer through the slice of life episodes I can only imagine the suffering that awaits him as shit starts to get real.

Shingeki Chuugakko Episode 12 [END]

Favorite high school spinoffs of spinoffs. Its so perfect and this final episode even, such a good take on some of the events from canon but done even better. Eren so epic.

Full version of the ED is great, cause JEAN has his own parts.

10/10.

Yotsugi in Tsukihi's yukata

i can die a happy death now

AnimeGAF, I need some help. I just got my wisdom teeth out and basically can't do anything for a few days, so I need something to marathon. Can I get some suggestions? Preferably something with a strong dub? I'm not really in the mood for subs right now. Here's a list of pretty much every show and movie I've seen for reference.

I'd recommend Cromartie High School.

---------------------------

One Punch Man has 48% of the AOTY votes on ANN. That's...a lot.

Man that poll got me legit mad. Lots of shitty shows that were voted way too highly. At least OPM won but NNB and Shirobako are much better.

Welcome to ANN. OPM is going to win here too.

i just got this http://myfigurecollection.net/item/117967 too

what a time to be ALIVE

Oh, I saw that thing multiple times in stores but I never made the connection it was Monogatari until now. I saw the Karen bulldozer one too and I thought it was some weird JoJo joke thing

Phatmac

Welcome to ANN. OPM is going to win here too.

Oh, I saw that thing multiple times in stores but I never made the connection it was Monogatari until now. I saw the Karen bulldozer one too and I thought it was some weird JoJo joke thing
For sure since it's easily the most popular anime this year. Hopefully some good shows get good spots in our list.

AnimeGAF, I need some help. I just got my wisdom teeth out and basically can't do anything for a few days, so I need something to marathon. Can I get some suggestions? Preferably something with a strong dub? I'm not really in the mood for subs right now. Here's a list of pretty much every show and movie I've seen for reference.

The first season of Mushishi has a pretty decent English dub, and is a very strong show well worth your time.

Man that poll got me legit mad. Lots of shitty shows that were voted way too highly. At least OPM won but NNB and Shirobako are much better.

Shirobako wasn't eligible. Only shows that had new seasons start in 2015 were eligible. Even though, with the rise of split-cour shows, the distinction because 2-cour shows that air all of once and 2-cour shows that have a break in the middle is increasingly arbitrary.

Well Shirobako already won animation kobe this year and is the only TV anime that got the jury selections from Japan Media Arts Festival, enough for the prove.

Phatmac

The first season of Mushishi has a pretty decent English dub, and is a very strong show well worth your time.

Shirobako wasn't eligible. Only shows that had new seasons start in 2015 were eligible. Even though, with the rise of split-cour shows, the distinction because 2-cour shows that air all of once and 2-cour shows that have a break in the middle is increasingly arbitrary.
Ah right I keep thinking it was this year. Man this hasn't been a good year for anime then.

Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Hellsing Ultimate
Tiger & Bunny
Durarara
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

All 6 shows have pretty strong dubs (Especially Black Lagoon and GITS:SAC). The first 3 are on Funimation's website T&B is on Hulu, Durarara is on Crunchyroll and Netflix and GITS:SAC should be on Manga Entertainment's youtube channel. Between these 6 shows you should find something to your liking.

Jaxec

Rakudai 12

That was really underwhelming for me. So Ikki has been through tortuous hell for about 3 weeks and is basically broken and weak and yet defeats the OP student council president, Toka, in one move. What even. The reason apparently was instead of concentrating all his skill for one minute, he instead does it for one slash (new technique). That's it. This battle was literally them charging once at each other and then bam, Ikki wins. I'd understand if he was in top condition, but this guy should be physically and mentally exhausted, and to top it all off this is Toka at full power. Again what even. I was also laughing when Ikki got to the school (on his own mind you) and Stella and all his classmates were there with smiles cheering him on. It's nice to see you guys were living life pretty much care free and in top condition while your friend was suffering for 3 weeks for a bogus crime that Stella, the other party involved, had no problem with. And they still had the nerve to call Ikki the worst one even after his victory. Like what even, again.

....I did enjoy the show though so yeah. I would have liked it more if they had come up with a better reason for putting Ikki on trial, instead of a scandalous kiss. They could've just framed him for a crime and that would've been more believeable. It kind of sucks because I did enjoy the show especially some of the effects they did in the last two episodes, but oh well.

Go ahead and watch Fate Zero, it's in your plan to watch list and it has a pretty good dub with the exception of one character who just sucks.

Deadly

Asterisk 12
Show hasn't been so great. The fights were kinda underwhelming. It's unfortunate because the world building has been really good. At least there's going to be a 2nd cour coming up.

Rakudai 12
Like the visuals. Underwhelming final fight here too though. I think overall the show did better than Asterisk. Is it getting a 2nd cour?

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - 12 [End]

In a way, the way the last fight performed was fitting, but unfortunately not satisfying. The visuals during the charge moments would've felt more 'crazy' and unique if it wasn't so heavily used throughout the previous episode. I did like the monologues during it though.
What I'll remember most from this show besides the frequent use of black/white visuals, is some of the camera positions and movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom