• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Kyoukai no Kanata 09
1450031364808b2ux9.png

Wait what. This is some Aizen tier keikaku right here.

Well I guess that one, 2 second long, never addressed afterwards scene makes some sense now.

I cannot comprehend this statement.

Think of all of family drama and angst in Mahouka, but amp it up to 10. Including all the nonsense about how the MC is the worse one even though he's actually an invincible god that one shots every opponent. And smear a bunch of ugly filters on top of it.

Not to self: Narag is into cat girls. Such information could come in handy later.

Seraph of the End Episode 23

download.png

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Man, this episode is some wacky bullshit right here.

Guren has a split personality because of his ghost demon girlfriend?

Krul is plotting with the Seraph of the End too? But I thought she buried it?

Why does Kureto kill his own troops with his weapon instead of just waiting for the vampires to show up? Why not test it on them?

Just....wut?

Owarimonogatari - 12 [Complete]

So, I suppose that was a solid ending but this second arc was certainly weaker than Sodachi's. I just couldn't care much for this 'first one' although the other characters incl. Gaen where interesting to follow.

The two 'fights' we had with the first one looked real bad visually and overall there weren't many good looking bits here. Out of this second arc only episode 11 with Kanbaru's and Shinobi's conversation was visually pleasing and equally interesting to follow.

Haikyuu!! s2 Episode 12
CWnWqbbW4AAGOqK.png

Good kageyama but otherwise just alright.

Ohgi minami part when they did get serious for that brief burst was exciting though.

Tsukki, Hinata, Yachi, Yams part was hilarious.

TUSR

Banned
all ive learnt from these Myriad Colors Phantom World previews and commercials is that KyoAni is now animating bounce.

Quasar

Rakudai definitely is. It's pretty much a shitter version of Mahouka.

I certainly wouldn't agree. Like Failed Knight quite a bit more. Lacks the god awful philosophy for one. Has an actual relationship, which in itself is pretty rare in anime. Has a non hateful depiction of a transgender character.

cj_iwakura

School-Live 01

Wow. I'm not sure how much of this show I can take. The dichotomy is exhausting on many levels. Does the show ever progress, or is it like this the whole way through?

Haikyu s2 12

yS57s3S.jpg

Tanaka finally gets a backhanded compliment ;_;7

That match point was pretty amazing. Karasuno beat them so hard that it was sad.

all ive learnt from these Myriad Colors Phantom World previews and commercials is that KyoAni is now animating bounce.

I think they did in the Amagi blu-rays. Sento was made of stone before.

Qurupeke

Owarimonogatari 12

That was sooo good. Senjougahara, Yotsugi and Ougi in one episode, all of them having conversations with Aragi. Also, that's like the first time that Ougi seemed... good? I'm not sure if this is the right word to use... She seemed to actually care and warn Arararagi for Gaen. Gaen is really similar to Ougi but on the same time she's totally different. The easiest comparison is their mottos, that Ougi knows nothing while Gaen know everything. It seems that Ougi vs Gaen is going to happen soon. And based on Ougi vs Hanekawa, it will be godlike. Talking about Gaen, I think this was the first time she was surprised, considering how Araragi won. Unless, she was acting... which is extremely possible.... Ugh, fuck Gaen.

#TeamOugi

Owarimonogatari 12

That was sooo good. Senjougahara, Yotsugi and Ougi in one episode, all of them having conversations with Aragi. Also, that's like the first time that Ougi seemed... good? I'm not sure if this is the right word to use... She seemed to actually care and warn Arararagi for Gaen. Gaen is really similar to Ougi but on the same time she's totally different. The easiest comparison is their mottos, that Ougi knows nothing while Gaen know everything. It seems that Ougi vs Gaen is going to happen soon. And based on Ougi vs Hanekawa, it will be godlike. Talking about Gaen, I think this was the first time she was surprised, considering how Araragi won. Unless, she was acting... which is extremely possible.... Ugh, fuck Gaen.

#TeamOugi

Yotsugi didn't seem to think Ougi was especially dangerous or an apparition when they were so close to each other, so maybe Ougi isn't actually that dangerous.

But you are right, Gaen is probably way more sinister just because she is so smart and good at manipulating events. I think Shinobu intervening threw a wrench in her plans.

Asterisk War 12 END

Well thats a great way to end the season, also loved the three pieces of music used. I dont think this rose above the other entries in the genre and certainly doesnt offer anything to suggest its going to improve in its second half.

Will keep following. Certainly ended up being the one I enjoyed moreso than Failure senpai anime.

Gvitor

Haikyuu S2 12

Karasuno destroyed them, but no surprise here. I'm betting the next match will be more toe-to-toe, but I expect them to finish it in one episode as well. It's going to be hard when we get to the main matches, having to wait a week (or more) to get the full match.

phaze

Hmmm did anyone maybe read and is aware of/remembers a certain article from a certain anime blog, that, from what little I remember, focused on character designs in Yozakura Quarter and how they were simplified to require less lines in the new adaptation compared to the old one ? That's pretty much all that I can recall from it unfortunately, I know it's not a lot to go on but maybe someone who follows the various animation blogs remembers it. I'm googling furiously but cannot for the life of me find it.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G GIRS Crisis Episode 3 (engDub)

Leon Soryu was a great duel for Chrono. Glad to keep hearing the wind lines and see in whose favor would it blow. Very good and very entertaining. Dub is as solid as ever. I cant wait to see more old faces return.

Do people actually like the K-On OPs? First one had a decent melody but oh god, the squeaky voices are hurting my ears >_<

The EDs meanwhile are rather emo and not quite to my liking either.

Peco

Hmmm did anyone maybe read and is aware of/remembers a certain article from a certain anime blog, that, from what little I remember, focused on character designs in Yozakura Quarter and how they were simplified to require less lines in the new adaptation compared to the old one ? That's pretty much all that I can recall from it unfortunately, I know it's not a lot to go on but maybe someone who follows the various animation blogs remembers it. I'm googling furiously but cannot for the life of me find it.

This?

Do people actually like the K-On OPs? First one had a decent melody but oh god, the squeaky voices are hurting my ears >_<

The OPs are whatever, but I rather like the EDs, particularly the music video direction Yamada gives them.

FutureCard Buddyfight100 (Hundred) Episode 37

I didnt realize Ges Shido was the name Death Shido was going for. Death Shido sounds way cooler. Still hes best of everyone and he finally asked the key question, where were they whenever Sofia teleported them.

Why the moon? And now everyone on Earth is staring at it when destruction seems ready to happen

Andrew J.

Deadly

The OPs are stinkers. I do enjoy the one in the movie though.

I thought the EDs were rather listenable.

kewlmyc

Seraph of the End Episode 23

Good adaptation.

Unfortunately theres only a bit of this chapter left and then, well theres nothing else of manga (cause this episode was chp 38-40.5], so I cant wait for next week to see what the mastermind penned for the anime and how this will end.

The adaption has fully caught up with the manga?

JulianImp

School-Live 01

Wow. I'm not sure how much of this show I can take. The dichotomy is exhausting on many levels. Does the show ever progress, or is it like this the whole way through?

Having watched the show as it aired I guess I'd recommend that you read the manga if you can instead, since from what people said in the OT it fleshes the cast out a lot more. There's actual story progress in the anime version, but it has lots of boring generic SoL moments punctuated by a couple "OMG zombies!!1!one" scenes. The anime also introduces, of all things, fanservice scenes with the girls for some unfathomable reason starting with episode 4 (or was it 5?), and the whole zombie menace was almost a non-issue until the last couple episodes, which was funny since it was the one time I was actually excited to see where the series would go when shit hits the fan.

So yeah, you'd probably do well to read the manga (which is still ongoing AFAIK). I came into the series expecting nothing, EP1 caught my interest with the whole thing about Yuki downright warping her own perception on reality as a coping mechanism, all while her new friends play along with her to keep her emotionally stable... but in the end we got a lot less psychological stuff and character development than I had expected, and many episodes ended with me hoping things would finally get serious in the one after the next, often to no avail.

Owarimonogatari END

I would like to think Seishiro has finally found peace now. Through this arc I actually felt bad for the guy and kinda sorta got where he was coming from and felt bad for the guy at the end. For a moment there too I was actually thinking Shinobu would chicken out and refuse to finally confront him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom