• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxec

Part 4 Jotaro. Really need to see this animated before I judge it.

1450498641120.jpg

I might have just earned the wrath of Star Wars GAF by expressing my disinterest in the franchise. I'll be watching IBO episode 11 while I'm being told I'm a blasphemous being.

Phatmac

Gintama is ending next year with one last new arc. They joked that if Sugita can keep it going if he doesn't go bald. It was expected since the story is wrapping up but it's still pretty sad. At least the anime will still continue till next year at least. EDIT: don't wanna get banned but it's true since 4chan confirmed it.

Yeah, the manga bundled OADs are the same staff, and in fact, judging by the PVs, the TV show will be reusing the footage from the OADs, which cover the first arc of the manga.

If they're reusing footage I'll probably wait to watch the TV series, especially as the OAD doesn't seem to be subtitled.

Cornbread78

Baka to Test ep.3
Holy shit that was hilarious. First time I've seen a guy fall into another guys crotch in anime, so random and alternate trope, lol. The fact he left his mark (white cream) on his face, wow, hilarious. This is exactly the childish sophomoric humor I can really get behind, lol.

Squishy3

Gintama is ending next year with one last new arc. They joked that if Sugita can keep it going if he doesn't go bald. It was expected since the story is wrapping up but it's still pretty sad. At least the anime will still continue till next year at least. EDIT: don't wanna get banned but it's true since 4chan confirmed it.
I heard about this while digging deep in Japanese Twitter looking for Jojo PV info.

So many sore butts over someone not loving their new favorite movie.

I'm just surprised it got locked so quickly. I thought it would stick around a little longer. Oh well, split milk.

Anyways, this is an anime thread, not a Star Wars thread. Let's talk anime.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 11

So I ended up being wrong afterall.
Nobody ends up dying in this episode but Aki's brother is still alive and with the space pirates

Speaking of space pirates, they seem be the antagonists for the next couple of episodes. Given that space pirates are a rare sight in Gundam, It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 10
Really surprised the Jaguar ep was so good given how I thought him mostly boring so far. Guess that was the point so the payoff here would be that satisfying.

Quasar

Reading the whole ANN best of articles. As expected Nick lines up most closely (at least so far). Shocked to see Zac have Anthem of the Heart in his top 5.

Mailbox

I've gotten kinda restless and have been getting a bit of anxiety since my university semester finally ended yesterday, so I wanted to do a lil project.

I kinda wanna make an anime-gaf holiday card thing, so anyone who wants to be drawn on the card, just tell me either in this thread or PM and i'll add you in. If you have any specifics on how you want to be drawn in there, tell me or i'll just use your current avatar as reference.

I wanna get it done before Christmas (though I can't exactly promise that), and I make zero promises towards the quality. I'm not a good artist, but this will at least give me something to do.

(I put this in a quote so that people won't have to quote the episode impressions of this if they respond)

Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation- 5-11

Yeah, this is definitely not a show for everyone. Its a very somber and slow (but not poorly) paced show. I can definitely see how some people might find this series boring, but I tend to like slower changes of pace like this. I like this series.

Episode 10 and 11 took thinks in an interesting direction, but I'm a little scared that episode 12 could remind me of UN-GO, since i'm getting odd pacing vibes reminiscent of that. (Not that i'm saying UN-GO was bad, just that it was handles.... not with the utmost of care).

But yeah, now i have to catch up to everything, so :S Time to binge a bunch more.
Yay.

Quasar

You know I've been wondering about beautiful bones. With it being adapted from novels just how long the cases are. Are they all single volume stories?

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 11
Well don't normally watch shows this quickly but this was fun even watching under the duress placed upon me from duckroll. Definitely one of the more tightly written shows I've watched in recent memory which makes skimming early posts and how they presented the show as incomprehensible just confusing to me. I will say this feels like it's made for a binge watch as there's so much going on and every last bit of it is important. Off-hand comment early on? Addressed a couple eps later. People seemingly acting out of the ordinary? Just give it a bit to get your answers. Sense of progression is top notch because while questions will keep arising, you're constantly getting answers here or there that makes the whole so very, very cohesive.

Wait, why is everyone starting Concrete Revolutio when duckroll recommends it?

I championed it for weeks!

I'm shocked that I don't have more clout here!

Shocked!

Well, not that shocked.

From the New World Episode 11
No Saki, make a big deal about it.

Burn it all down.

Narag

Wait, why is everyone starting Concrete Revolutio when duckroll recommends it?

I championed it for weeks!

I'm shocked that I don't have more clout here!

Shocked!

Well, not that shocked.

Bandwagon effect is real. It's like how Jexhius damned many souls with Upotte! or how sonicmj1 convinced me to watch NGNL.

Clov

Doesn't look like I'll be watching a whole lot other than that rakugo anime this Winter. I'm sure I'll find something else I'll really enjoy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom