• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

One Piece 723

I decided to watch this after abandoning this anime, I dunno, 6 years ago. Just this episode (and well, a few of the ones that follow it). I liked the fight in the manga
(Luffy x Doflamingo)
and wanted to see it animated.

MY GOD, what a drag. Seriously, this didn't feel like a whole chapter because it was so goddamn slow. Still shots stayed on screen for like half a minute and they kept recycling the same goddamn scene over and over. Those haki effects are awful and make all scenes unnecessarily slower since they stay on screen for what's like forever. Screams and laughs were used on background only to elongate some scenes. (seriously, how long can Luffy stay on the air charging up a bazooka while people laugh?)

I'll probably still watch the next few episodes, up until the end of the battle, not the arc. But I am thankful I decided to drop it so long ago and I pity those who still didn't. Jesus.
Because it's standard Toei pacing.

Owarimonogatari 12 [END]

Araragi x Senjou banter is the best. I so wish we got more throughout this season. Although they are an odd couple, their exchanges feel like a real couple's. As for the rest... It is like I said before, a ton of the stuff happening goes way over my head simply because of how reliant it is of you remembering things from the past seasons. I don't remember Episode AT ALL from before lol.

Cornbread78

Owarimonogatari ep.12/END
Damn good finale, but still so many questions remain. Do they even have an official ending to the series?

I would love for them to rearrange all the arcs in all the different series, so we can watch it with a consistent continual timeline to fully grasp everything.

Either way, it was great seeing the best girl again, even for the 3 mins or so, as well as Shinobu for a moment, but yeah GREAT show, but do much still missing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Damn good finale, but still so many questions remain. Do they even have an official ending to the series?

I would love for them to rearrange all the arcs in all the different series, so we can watch it with a consistent continual timeline to fully grasp everything.

Either way, it was great seeing the best girl again, even for the 3 mins or so, as well as Shinobu for a moment, but yeah GREAT show, but do much still missing.

Zokuowarimonogatari is the latest.

Quasar

I can imagine we'll get a fan watchlist that puts each story in temporal order at some point.

Quasar

With the way it ended I couldn't see it any other way. This wasn't your typical one and done open ending, it seemed more like a resting point for events that are to come, making you look forward to what's next.

It seems even worse for Asterisk. It ends mid story point like Soma does.

But Failed Knight ends at the end of the book 3 of the novels.

Guys I'm starting to think that neither Asterisk or Rakudai are very good.

I'm starting to think that they're bad shows.

Well but Asterisk has a second cour confirmed. I wish it was Cavalry instead.

To be fair, none of these show deserve s2.
Take form 4chan.
R6USzRj.jpg

Revolutionary Girl Utena 25

Featuring the straightest car ride of all time -

With a helping of Akio being a big showoff asshole -

kLb2wRs.jpg
2svynH5.jpg
0UA7FN8.jpg

Look at this fuckin' guy. The height of hubris.

I love the new Utena going to the duel visuals and song, its 3x as dire as before. Now I know that I wasn't crazy, the song actually did change to become heavier before. I feel like the series just got better in quality for a second time. The last time was...well, the last time the Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku song changed. Not to be outdone, the girls are going for broke as well -

I expected for Utena to turn into a car this episode because that was one of the only things I knew about this series but apparently that's in Adolescence. Oh well. I'm not really sure what is behind the shift in urgency for the visuals and music but it's intriguing. While the show is good and I've been enjoying it thus far, I've yet to hit the point where I can understand how the show got such acclaim. I think it took me around 6-7 episodes for Evangelion and around the same for Bebop, but this is a longer show and I'm willing to see where this goes because as it is now, I am into what the show is turning into in this last third.

Everything got (more) homoerotic.

I'm confused...

...is Revolutionary Girl Utena about feminism or guys sitting on the hood of moving cars, with no one behind the wheel?

Is it even possible to be both?

Phatmac

Can't believe a new monogatari season is over already. I was surprised to have crab call all of a sudden but it was a nice call that eased the tension. It still hit home the topic of relationships and being special for other people. The fight was surprising as you're so used to seeing Araragi lose them each time but he got some help from Meme. I feel bad for the samurai guy but at least Shinobu said goodbye to him. There are still many answers left to answer but it looks like we're heading into some kind of end game. Boy was Ononoki super cute this episode.

Gundam IBO - 2

Yep, Okada definitely wrote this. It's only the second episode and we already have a somber/melodramatic tone going on here. Usually this stuff comes in a tad later for this franchise.

I remember when this was announced they said that the Barbatos would increasingly get upgraded as the show went on, as opposed to just a simple upgrade, and that's what interests me the most about this series.

With how plain Barbatos looks compared to other Gundams, I'm wondering how they're going to build around it with the parts of enemy mobile suits and how that's going to apply to the tactical combat part of the show.

I have to say, I'm liking the fact that the Barbatos seems to have a strict focus on melee weapons as opposed to ranged. Melee fights tend to be the most interesting as opposed to the usual beam rifles where things can very easily descend into beamspam madness for the space battles.

sonicmj1

Revolutionary Girl Utena 25

Featuring the straightest car ride of all time -

With a helping of Akio being a big showoff asshole -

This episode is great. Saionji's all like, why are we all taking our shirts off? I thought this was about the Rose Bride.

Oh, if you only knew...

I'm confused...

...is Revolutionary Girl Utena about feminism or guys sitting on the hood of moving cars, with no one behind the wheel?

Yes.

Phatmac

What I really love about this show is that they give us some time to care about the jobber teams. They don't spend too much on them but they still make you feel for their loss. I'm glad our crows have stopped losing so much since it's great to see them dominate once in a while. Fun time looks to be over as they face an actual Titan next week.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Overall Thoughts
That was one cool ass fight. Good to see they actually used the opening art style for this one, cause that real good.
I really would like a second season for this.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Overall Thoughts
That was a good fight, give or take.
This episode second half was mostly a set up for second cour, so yeah. Nothin much (again)

Well that all for this season. See you next time when I try to watch shit again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Glitter Force finale is amazing.

1. Seeing them trying to write away Tanbata and make it a non-Japanese holiday was amusing.

2. Brooha turning into a sexy lady was something I forgot. But the accent they gave her in the dub was kind of perfect.

3. I also forgot they went through
a princess transformation, to sell more toys, but it gave them a chance to do a safe dubstep version of the theme song which was awesome

Can I vote GliFor as my AOTY? It's a new show right??

Oh sweet. I only read a bit of the manga, can anyone confirm from the PV or other info that might be out there if this seems to be a FMA: Brotherhood affair or will be just be a sequel to the old anime content?

Edit: Is TMS a good studio? I don't think I've really watched anything they've produced before.

I believe it's going to continue where the original anime left off.

Is D-Gray man any good? Or is it just average shonen?

D.Gray Man is a very good Shonen series. Yes it does contain some aspects you see in Shonen series. However, it still contains an atmosphere that gives of a eerie and Lovecraftian vibe that sets it apart from a wide variety of Shonen series. Plus it contains no bullshit asspull such as power of friendship or talk no jutsu. The characters are pretty much completely fucked with no sight of help for them. It's a really good dark and tragic series that has its characters suffer 24/7.

Plus the twists that have been shown in the series later is a enjoyable mindfuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom