• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbayne

Whew I'm so glad nothing was announced at Jump Fiesta for Tokyo Ghoul.

I don't have to endure a Re adaption thankfully.

Give it a year or so

Manga is far too popular not to get another rushed apadation

Edit: crap,top of page. Everyone watch Azumanga Diaoh.

Star Wars: The Force Reawakens

Better than anime. Joking aside it was actually good, like color me suprised. I honestly thought JJ Abrams would screw up, but he did a competent job that makes the movie better in many aspects from the originals.

Also Finn was the best part of the movie.

Kyoukai no Kanata 10

I really didn't expect this show t
o pull a Madoka #10 on me. And that goddamn OP
... I take back the bad things I said about this twist. It makes more sense than it appeared to at the first glance and though I'm still iffy on a few details, this episode did very well to fill in the blanks and to show a few preceding scenes in a much different light. It also had that very neat, palpitate sense of unease. You knew something was very wrong here but you couldn't quite guess what. Even with the juxtaposition of the summer and winter scenes.

Crucify me all you want but I've genuinely been enjoying this show so far. The one thing that I bothers me a bit is the relative sparsity of close quarter combat and the somewhat disappointing choreography when they do transpire like in #2 and #7 but the rest of show is helluva pretty and the effects animation is to die for. And apparently the best is yet to come. DullAni da gawds.

Damn it. I seem to share a similar taste as you but...everyone calls this one bad and it looks like some major Chuuni crap, too. There's even a fricking idol episode.

Aren't you just fucking with us?!?

Ascheroth

Comet Lucifer - 11

Bwahahaha, this was worth it for the breadmilf scene alone, I'm dying.
Other then that this episode sheds some light about what the story actually is, but I can't help but feel that it suffers from a severe lack of worldbuilding.

The scene with old guy and Felia was rather... puzzling. I couldn't really 'connect' with him talking about 'saving the world' or how it would benefit this planet and humanity. Like, you showed me nothing about this world to begin with. Are there different nations? Factions? War? Poverty? Conflict? What the hell is even your energy source and those of the mechs?
Nope, nothing.

Turns out
it was kind of a fakeout anyway
, but still.

Comet Lucifer - 12 (end)

Was alright, I guess. Could have needed an extra episode, though. The whole resolution and aftermath felt really rushed.
I'm not entirely sure wtf was going there at the end, but whatever. I think this might have worked better as a 2 cour series.

Finally some good news about Macross Delta.
So in the PVs, there is a Meltran pilot right? Her name is Mirage Fallyna Jenius, yeah, Jenius.
FpkvezC.jpg

Damn it. I seem to share a similar taste as you but...everyone calls this one bad and it looks like some major Chuuni crap, too. There's even a fricking idol episode.

Aren't you just fucking with us?!?

Kyoukai no Kanata has a director who's clearly talented and trying to give the show some atmosphere, but the script is so bad it ruins the whole thing.

One-Punch Man 12
I couldn't believe the amazing animation. Overall a pretty solid adaptation. I wish some environments were a bit better
as the Moon did not look as good as the manga
, but that's only a minor gripe and probably shouldn't be expected for a TV production.

duckroll

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 12

It's all coming together at last. All the pieces falling into place. What's interesting though, is that even as the show reveals all in the pen-ultimate episode of the season, it teases just enough to indicate that nothing is -really- as it seems.
The entire "reveal" for Jiro is clearly a setup, and now it is obvious that Claude himself is no angel. He sabotaged his friend and essentially sacrificed him in the same way the government sacrificed Rainbow Knight, just to create the perfect storm of emotions to push for revolution. What a douche.

The big unanswered question now is, while this is clearly leading to Jiro leaving them, something else clearly has to happen to make Kikko change her mind again at this point. It could well be that if she holds on to another aspect of the truth behind all this, Jiro in the future is still not fighting for the "right" thing exactly.

kewlmyc

Owarimonogatari END

I would like to think Seishiro has finally found peace now. Through this arc I actually felt bad for the guy and kinda sorta got where he was coming from and felt bad for the guy at the end. For a moment there too I was actually thinking Shinobu would chicken out and refuse to finally confront him.

Is there series over now?

Platy

On an anime convention on brazil, the editor of the company localizing the "No Game No Life" manga said that "With the second season of the anime, the manga will continue" about worries that the manga was on hiatus.

So yeah, aparently it was the first info on that anime's second season ever =P

(it took me a while to post because everyone freaking about this on my twitter only said NGNL and it took me a while to google what that was xD)

I thogh you guys might like this news

Cornbread78

Comet Lucifer END
I don't even know what to say about that ending, it made little to no sense and was no what I was expecting really. At least they didn't follow the Eureka 7 script completely because they never did flesh out the world around them at all. Like Charlotte, this should have been a 2 cour show to fly expand the world, it's characters and how everything works. Instead, it just ends, like, wtf. I still enjoyed the second half of the show, but a lot of missed opportunity for it to be great.

Talk about AOTY, can i still vote Shirobako or Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso(=2014 fall 2cour show) this time?

Yes, yes you can. Go Shirobakka, rejoice everyone, AOTY! Lol.

One Punch Man - 12 [End]

Absolutely terrific animation. So many great impact frames I can't contain them all!
It's been a pleasure to see this showcased every week. Mixed with likable characters and comedy, certainly makes this one of my favorite shows this year.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Looks like the battle for AOTY is going to be Shirobako vs. One Punch Man, I am not sure what to think about that.

Looks like the battle for AOTY is going to be Shirobako vs. One Punch Man, I am not sure what to think about that.

While i like Shirobako more but i don't think it will have any chance to above OPM, because i think OPM is way more famous in gaf and Shirobako is not very casual friendly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
While i like Shirobako more but i don't think it will have any chance to above OPM, because i think OPM is way more famous in gaf and Shirobako is not very casual friendly.

Perhaps but I could not state with certainty who would win. Also, dark horse winners are potentially Euphonium, Food Wars and Iron Blooded Orphans.

Perhaps but I could not state with certainty who would win. Also, dark horse winners are potentially Euphonium, Food Wars and Iron Blooded Orphans.

One Punch Man will win. It's very popular and well-liked, and neither Shirobako nor any other show has a strong enough AnimeGAF following to counteract that.

One Punch Man overall thoughts
Rip in pepperoni boros.
Looks like that's it folks. There are a few ova, but we won't be seeing another animated opm for maybe another 2 years.
What a crazy wild ride. A wild ride that I didn't want to get off.

phaze

Dullbako or One Joke Man ?
ip2gaw8tjsum.gif
I'm willing to sell off my vote to Yuriphonium.

A Lot of Punches Man 12 END

I probably wouldn't be voicing those complains had I not read manga previously but the moon and the final punch scene felt like they were over way too quickly. Especially for the latter, there was almost no build up and they cut away to Boros way too soon.Hoped for some more animation for the aftereffects of that punch, especially in that cut with the Earth visible.

---
I'm not really capable of judging the show objectively but at this moment I'd say - very good adaptation of a mediocre source material.

Edit: Goddamit Sir Blaming.

What I think should win:
Your Lie In April
Non Non Biyori
Shirobako

What Will Win:
One Punch Man
Shokugeki no Soma
Sound! Euphonium

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 12

uhhh holy shit you really can't trust anyone in this show and that. makes. it. awesome.

well maybe you can trust Jiro since he his view on things is meant to be how the viewer gets to see the world but the increasing corrosion of his idealism is making future Jiro a much more sympathetic character than he initially was.

Considering the amount of following the anime for OPM has no other series stands a chance. All the competition is going to get destroyed and this is coming from a person who thinks OPM is meh. I mean look at ANN for example, it has more than 40% of people voting for OPM.

Anyway I know most people are going to have OPM in their top 5 or 3, but for me it probably won't even make it in the top 10. The anime is mostly a sakuga showcase but that doesn't really hold my attention since I need more than that. Plus the jokes don't even hold up. Still I can definitely see why many love it though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
One Punch Man is the favorite but on a personal scale I am not sure how to compare the properties since they are doing such different things.

NNBR was pretty great. Will prob be on my top 5, def top 10. I'm sitting here trying to sort a bunch of 9/10 shows but I am unsure on their actual order

Theonik

One Punch Man is the favorite but on a personal scale I am not sure how to compare the properties since they are doing such different things.
It's the general problem of making these lists tbh. Or assigning scores. You should never compare shows directly outside very specific circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom