• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
uO7kh3f.jpg

Pretty fucking ace

Also liked the song at the end.

Finally some good news about Macross Delta.
So in the PVs, there is a Meltran pilot right? Her name is Mirage Fallyna Jenius, yeah, Jenius.

Max is like the best character so I'm hyped

What I think should win:
Your Lie In April
Non Non Biyori
Shirobako

What Will Win:
One Punch Man
Shokugeki no Soma
Sound! Euphonium

IMO, Your lie in April is good, but not that good.
I don't really care what wins anyway, cause all of them deserve to win in one way or another.

That Character poll site from a while back updated so you can make a list of your favorite anime from each season/year. Pretty cool.

Got this as my top 15 although I feel like all of these shows are good in their own way.

Finished up all the posts about Girls und Panzer locations I visited today on my blog:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/search/label/girls und panzer

Also posted about the Studio Taitanic building from Shirobako since it's in the same city:
http://mikehattsu.blogspot.com/2015/12/shirobako-studio-taitanic.html

Oh boy, the ship building actually exists. I love these comparisons~

One Punch Man - 12 [End]

Would've honestly expected better from this last episode, especially given the expectations some seemed to have. It started out rather poorly with Boros and Saitama immediately going at it in a, compared to the average of OPM, poorly animated combat sequence.

When they inserted the OP song it felt neither well synced nor generally that fitting and the climax didn't excite me much either.

There was plenty great animation bits in that fight, but also equally as many unimpressive ones.

As far as the other heroes go, it feels like the writing is merely averaging what you'd expect from a battle Shounen at this point. Sure, the show subverts a trope here and there but it seems as though all these hero characters never, or way too rarely, die from what seem to be devastating moves. Apparently just about everyone survived getting destroyed by the Deep Sea King and at this point it wasn't even surprising when Silver Fang wasn't affected much by this alien dudes attack. Speaking of whom, the multi-headed alien guy was your typical dumb fuck villain, too. He pretty much just took attacks for over an episode until he finally goes "oh I can just attack them and win herp derp!" Not that that held true but still, meh.

Another issue I've got is with Saitama and the shows portrayal of him in regards to his joke straight face. While it is genuinely funny to see him this indifferent face half the time, the other half it just feels needlessly forced. It's overused and e.g. this episode the show OPM constantly cuts to this expression of his at just about random times. It's like the director (or manga author) is putting neither this nor the 'serious' expression of Saitama to full use. Too often they're applied randomly, feeling out of place or abundant at that given scene.

That all said, I did still enjoy OPM, but it's not getting any worship from me.

7/10

phaze

Damn it. I seem to share a similar taste as you but...everyone calls this one bad and it looks like some major Chuuni crap, too. There's even a fricking idol episode.

Aren't you just fucking with us?!?
And what a masterful idol episode it was. I honestly spend 2 hours today having that song on repeat ! Gonna start Love Live immediately.

You should by know be aware that I watch, and like, a distinct amount of various edgy or shounenshit. As such, I'm not quite sure how you'd react. I can only say that I enjoy it and I don't really see why, judging by the comments, it earned such a staggering amount of vitriol. I went into it purely to see this famed episode 11 and KyoAni putting their efforts into an action show for once and I expected nothing out of the story. Said story is indeed a bit dumb with some edgy and cringy bits yes but compared to the 95% of that stuff that gets released every season it compares favourably. I think it's really well paced and like I said in the previous post, it managed to genuinely surprise me with the direction it went in. (After all this praise, the last two episodes will be utter shit won't they.) There is probably less action than in shows like Yozakura and Birdy but what's there looks great and in terms of direction, I dare say KnK is in a tier above. I suppose the comedy might scare you off, it's a show that for long stretches doesn't take itself itself very seriously and the two main male characters have certain ... fetishes that get played up frequently for the comedy purposes. It never bothered me bah I enjoyed most of it and I think the comedic timing is on the spot but hey I also liked Amagi.

This post turned into messy rambling ... I'll withhold the final judgment till I watch the rest of the show but so far it has been a pleasant surprise.

Phatmac

Wow, that fight was spectacular. Everything from animation to using the op was well done. I felt sad for Boros by the end there but at least he gave Saitama his hardest fight yet. The last half wasn't that great but we learned some stuff that won't be resolved in the anime for a long time. At least we had best girl Tatsumaki at the end beating up Genos. A great end to a great anime that showed us a hero just having fun.

DiaLover More:Blood Episode 12 (END)
tumblr_nz45vw6uhk1si3uvio6_540.jpg

S3? Eve, Adam, wolves? There's so much left unresolved, who will win the Pancakebowl :(

Very enjoyable and entertaining seasons.

I do hope the games come out west.

One Punch Man 12

So good. Too good.

Can anyone really begrudge it if(when) it wins AOTY?

Sure, I can do that if you're into that stuff.

*snip*

This post turned into messy rambling ... I'll withhold the final judgment till I watch the rest of the show but so far it has been a pleasant surprise.

If you like it even after those, I'll probably give it a try. Might be as bad as people say, but who knows, there's a very rare chance that I've got a reverse E7 situation at hand.

DiaLover More:Blood Episode 12 (END)
tumblr_nz45vw6uhk1si3uvio6_540.jpg

S3? Eve, Adam, wolves? There's so much left unresolved, who will win the Pancakebowl :(

Very enjoyable and entertaining seasons.

I do hope the games come out west.

Considering the series' justified Hatedom in the west, you're kidding yourself if you think any company is going to touch this one.

Concrete Revolutio Episode 12
This scene...
...is awesome. Fucking awesome.
A perfect summary of Jiro's character, his flaws, and his evolution.

And there is still so much going on in the background!

This is my show of the season! Everything else is just background noise at this point.

That Character poll site from a while back updated so you can make a list of your favorite anime from each season/year. Pretty cool.

Got this as my top 15 although I feel like all of these shows are good in their own way.

I did it:

Fall 2015
1. Heavy Object
1. Tantei Team KZ: Jiken Note
3. Haikyuu!! Second Season
3. Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen
5. Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Gears Crisis-hen
5. Monster Strike
7. Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2
8. Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou
9. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
10. K: Return of Kings
11. Brave Beats
12. High School Star Musical
13. Diabolik Lovers More, Blood
14. Miss Monochrome 3
15. Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
16. Ame-iro Cocoa: Rainy Color e Youkoso!
17. Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou
17. One-Punch Man
17. Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
17. Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
21. Comet Lucifer
21. Dance with Devils
23. Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
23. Noragami Aragoto
23. Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Year (only top 20, rest)
1. God Eater
2. Owari no Seraph
3. Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Gears Crisis-hen
3. Haikyuu!! Second Season
3. Heavy Object
3. Monster Strike
3. Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen
3. Tantei Team KZ: Jiken Note
9. Durarara!!x2 Shou
10. Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love Revolutions
11. Durarara!!x2 Ten
12. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
13. Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season
14. Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50
15. Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus
16. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Souma
16. Chaos Dragon: Sekiryu Seneki
18. Junjou Romantica 3
19. Punch Line
20. Brave Beats

Crocodile

DTL, you watch too much anime dude. I have no idea how you find the time to watch all that and watch enough of each show to be able to rate them.

One Punch Man - 12 [End]

Would've honestly expected better from this last episode, especially given the expectations some seemed to have. It started out rather poorly with Boros and Saitama immediately going at it in a, compared to the average of OPM, poorly animated combat sequence.

When they inserted the OP song it felt neither well synced nor generally that fitting and the climax didn't excite me much either.

There was plenty great animation bits in that fight, but also equally as many unimpressive ones.

As far as the other heroes go, it feels like the writing is merely averaging what you'd expect from a battle Shounen at this point. Sure, the show subverts a trope here and there but it seems as though all these hero characters never, or way too rarely, die from what seem to be devastating moves. Apparently just about everyone survived getting destroyed by the Deep Sea King and at this point it wasn't even surprising when Silver Fang wasn't affected much by this alien dudes attack. Speaking of whom, the multi-headed alien guy was your typical dumb fuck villain, too. He pretty much just took attacks for over an episode until he finally goes "oh I can just attack them and win herp derp!" Not that that held true but still, meh.

Another issue I've got is with Saitama and the shows portrayal of him in regards to his joke straight face. While it is genuinely funny to see him this indifferent face half the time, the other half it just feels needlessly forced. It's overused and e.g. this episode the show OPM constantly cuts to this expression of his at just about random times. It's like the director (or manga author) is putting neither this nor the 'serious' expression of Saitama to full use. Too often they're applied randomly, feeling out of place or abundant at that given scene.

That all said, I did still enjoy OPM, but it's not getting any worship from me.

7/10

I don't mean to be rude but "why didn't anybody die?" in the context of a show like OPM seems like a tryhard point. Like I obviously agree there there are works of fiction where the lack of consequence or death can stretch suspension of disbelief and harm the narrative but it seems very clear OPM is not one such show. As for the variety of facial expressions, they all seem pretty clearly well timed to his ennui, frustration, exasperation, etc. depending on the situation. Like do you recall a specific instance where you think they didn't line up with the situation or Saitama's mood? Finally, the animation in the very first opening scene was fine. It used a number of freeze frames but that seems clear to me to be by intention rather than lack of effort/skill/time/etc.

Lautaro

OPM was kind of underwhelming for me, maybe because people kept hyping the fight with Boros so much that I was actually expecting a fight instead of a messy animation that was at the end the same joke that defines this show... only longer.

I like it but is not the anime of the season for me (more like a 2nd/3rd. place), I'm torn between Gundam and Concrete Revolutio for 1st place. Also honorable mention to Young Blackjack.

Comet Lucifer - 12 [End]

Huh. Well that was disappointing. Didn't find the end fight particularly noteworthy either. A bit lewd though.
Started laughing so hard at the credits. So let me get this straight:

Roman and Kuon got married and made babies
Creepy purple dude got some fancy job
Breadmilf is milking cows
Doo mon junior somehow decided to take over the cafe?????
Felia is some fucking stone in space
Sogo didn't "get" either girl who was lusting over him and is now alone researching rocks
Mustache Jamon dead?

I'm glad we spent so much time in the beginning doing nothing.

Comet Lucifer - 12 [End]

Huh. Well that was disappointing. Didn't find the end fight particularly noteworthy either. A bit lewd though.
Started laughing so hard at the credits. So let me get this straight:

Roman and Kuon got married and made babies
Creepy purple dude got some fancy job
Breadmilf is milking cows
Doo mon junior somehow decided to take over the cafe?????
Felia is some fucking stone in space
Sogo didn't "get" either girl who was lusting over him and is now alone researching rocks
Mustache Jamon dead?

I'm glad we spent so much time in the beginning doing nothing.

I think the Sogo part is understandable, I if he truly did have feelings and hopes to see Felia again then he probably could never get feelings for anyone else.

Crocodile

OPM was kind of underwhelming for me, maybe because people kept hyping the fight with Boros so much that I was actually expecting a fight instead of a messy animation that was at the end the same joke that defines this show... only longer.

I like it but is not the anime of the season for me (more like a 2nd/3rd. place), I'm torn between Gundam and Concrete Revolutio for 1st place. Also honorable mention to Young Blackjack.

tumblr_inline_nyyfghI7IU1qbgjkx_540.png

This is why we can't have nice things. Too many anime fans don't appreciate good animation. "This was off-model for .5 seconds! 1/10!" C'mon dude :(

This is why I wait til the end of the season to see how you lot liked it.

And then proceed to not watch anything out of laziness. Think I'll continue with Glitter Force.

And honestly, I think Lily/Yayoi has my least favorite voice.

Phatmac

Wow just watched the ending of comet Lucifer to see what was so bad about it and man was it terrible. Don't think I've seen such a depressing end for an MC in a while. Poor dude got NTR'd hard and had the love of his life leave him. Surprised he didn't kill himself after all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom