• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's doing the next OT anyways? Didn't some of the more knowledgeable folks here say they were going to write it as to not face a similar issue as when GAF ganged up on us?

Mailbox

Komori-san Can't Decline! Episode 12

Nope. Pretty bad adaptation, you know... despite sticking to the manga quite well.

Idk, I guess I just found the Manga to be more endearing or likable, and found this to be messy and poorly executed.

Don't watch.

One Punch Man Episode 12

I liked it a lot. The fight was great, thats for sure. That said I can understand why people think the backside and the ending were weak. I would have agreed, until the post credits scene which felt like a good send off.

Personally really really enjoyed this series, and I wouldn't be against this winning AOTY.

That said, before that all happens, we really REALLY need to make a WHOLE list of anime that played this yea, because I totally forgot Yona had its second half this year, and most people seem to forget about winter 2014/2015 anime and some spring anime that happened.

Basically, I liked One Punch Man, a lot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who's doing the next OT anyways? Didn't some of the more knowledgeable folks here say they were going to write it as to not face a similar issue as when GAF ganged up on us?

I've hired Marlon James, winner of this year's Booker Prize, to write us an OT.

I've kept the detail that the subject matter is anime close to my chest for now though.

L.O.R.D

OPM 12
i wonder how the other heroes didn't noticed the ultra super punch that saitama made
i mean , it made a big wave in the earth.

cj_iwakura

I dropped School-Live like a bad habit. It was too soul-crushing, made Breaking Bad look like MLP.

Sound Euphonium 01 wasn't even sugary enough to get my mind off it. But it helped.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 26

jVMG76N.jpg

Utena, that's all you ever do. You did it twice just this episode.

I can't tell you how happy I am that Akio jumped on the hood of the car again.

OPM 12
i wonder how the other heroes didn't noticed the ultra super punch that saitama made

They probably thought it was King since he wandered off halfway through the fight.

OPM 12

The only flaw of the episode was how that wasn't animated properly. I wanted the camera to zoom out to see the blast advancing and clearing the sky in a city view, and then when the audience is saying wow, do the super zoom out and see how the wave of powers is advancing through all the planet.

Moaradin

How is Noein? I want more well animated action shows and this came up. It's from the same director as Birdy the Mighty and I loved that. Any good?

So can we all agree that 2016 is going to be godlike compared to 2015 for anime. I'm just suprised by the sheer amount of announcements. Heck having D.Gray Man, Diamond is unbreakable, Silent Voice, Kizu, FMP, Soma, Mob Psycho 100, and etc announced makes 2016 seem like a very strong year.

I mean the fact that a new anime for D.Gray Man was announced even though the original aired about 7 years ago makes 2016 a crazy year for me.

So can we all agree that 2016 is going to be godlike compared to 2015 for anime. I'm just suprised by the sheer amount of announcements. Heck having D.Gray Man, Diamond is unbreakable, Silent Voice, Kizu, FMP, Soma, Mob Psycho 100, and etc announced makes 2016 seem like a very strong year.

I mean the fact that a new anime for D.Gray Man was announced even though the original aired about 7 years ago makes 2016 a crazy year for me.

2016 looks pretty good, even just looking at Spring. Next season is pretty weak, however.

For me the anime really puts into perspective how much of what I enjoy about OPM comes from ONE's sequential storytelling. It's the kind of comic that needs to be adapted rather than just moved from one medium to the other. I guess action stories always get an edge when it comes to getting animated, but the end product itself felt too much different in a way that wasn't as funny or appealing to read as the original (I could say the same about the Murata redraw, but the gulf in tone isn't as magnified).

In the end, the one thing I expected from it was a framework for some talented animators to play around, and at the very least the premiere and the finale both managed to deliver.
The webcomic has a rhythm to it that I don't think any of the adaptations have matched. It doesn't have the dead stretches.

Jaxec

I feel like I hear most parts being called the best parts.

edit: unless you're just talking about the protag

Yeah you hear that a lot with JoJo. It really varies. In this case I'm talking about the protagonist, but part 4 is also my favorite.

Concrete Revolutio 12
The sloppy plotting and confusing structure of this continue to obstruct my ability to get invested in what's going on. It's overly complicated with too many needless characters and factions. There are compelling themes and character arcs somewhere in here, but they are obfuscated by all the excess. For all of this show's ambition, it's failing to bring together its disparate elements into something cohesive.

wonzo

Banned
The webcomic has a rhythm to it that I don't think any of the adaptations have matched. It doesn't have the dead stretches.

most of the gags are structured around the webcomic formatting so its not really surprising. watch the little exchange towards the end of the saitama and garou matchup fall completely flat in both adaptations.

it's also why mob psycho should turn out better as its an actual comic with no frivolous retake on it that misses the point so brazenly

John Blade

Ahh....this holiday rush is almost done. Few more days to go before I have the downtime I need. Also, going back to watching animated show which I want to get done soon before the year end.

most of the gags are structured around the webcomic formatting so its not really surprising. watch the little exchange towards the end of the saitama and garou matchup fall completely flat in both adaptations.

it's also why mob psycho should turn out better as its an actual comic with no frivolous retake on it that misses the point so brazenly

I only recently read ONE and am only 20 or so chapters into Mob Psycho but could you elaborate on what is so different in the Murata/anime versions aside from the art and added stuff

I only recently read ONE and am only 20 or so chapters into Mob Psycho but could you elaborate on what is so different in the Murata/anime versions aside from the art and added stuff

Having not read ONE but reading plenty of webcomics I hope it's not due to comedic timing working better in a weekly updated one page comic where they add loads of details in each page vs a manga/anime that you read/watch a whole chapter/epuisode at a time (normally) so the oomph is largely lost where it's just a scene or a page from a larger group.

but that wouldn't take into account people who read webcomics later and can just speed through pages, so maybe it's something else.

kewlmyc

One Punch Man 1-12

What a great adaption this was. And apparently it wasn't any more expensive than your standard anime, so it also put a decent amount of animation studios to shame. Can't wait 2-3 years to see the Garou arc animated.

You weren't kidding about the ARRGH!
I'll watch it. The genetic modification fighting is enough to get me interested. Hope it's not going to be as censored as when the first season aired. Don't recall much from the first season besides the Adolf episodes though.

Look forward to the narrator reading a Wikipedia article about a bug for 5 minutes every episode

True, but what about that anime Hosannainexcelsis tries to promote? I forgot what it's called but it certainly looks interesting.

I don't blame you for not remembering the name of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, as it's a mouthful for people who don't know Japanese. Doesn't even have a handy abbreviation like light novels do! Hopefully that doesn't keep people from watching it, though I assume when Crunchyroll brings it over they'll localize the title some.

ARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!

Well....not everything in 2016 is gonna be great...

It's hilarious that almost the entire trailer is people screaming. As a 1980s OVA given a bad English dub, this could have been entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom