• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
His chemistry with the other characters really made the film for me. He was pretty awesome.

This pretty much this. Hopefully JJ Abrams keeps him in the next movie because he was a great character. I definitely hope this isn't the last of him.

Heck I would enjoy seeing more interactions between him and Chewie.

javac

I watched them all dubbed outside of the ones that have no dub, Only Yesterday (Soon) and Ocean Waves. Liked them all a bunch. I own but never watched Earthsea and The Cat Returns and still yet to see The Wind Rises and Kaguya both of which I also own.

I'll have to get a second opinion from my unbiased (read: non-weeb) friend to verify.

You calling me a weeb?!

He's a lead. They're all contracted for all 3.

Fuck me. You know what sometimes I just ask stupid questions. Just forget what I said.

I really need to get some sleep.......

Maybe then it wont be so much fansevice then.

I'm certainly curious about the next one, ifonly to see if its as safe and whether Rian Johnson can handle something this big (loved Brick). Well that and more Rey.

I can definitely see him not choosing the safe route with the next movie considering Abrams already laid a foundation with the first movie by going safe.

I guess time will tell.

Joe Molotov

I can't even escape from SW here.

I-It's not like I want you to fly me or anything, Luke-san baka!

xlJGI1m.jpg

Perfect Insider end

Wait, so
Magata, a murderer whose victims include her 15 year old daughter, eludes the police and gets a happy ending
and this is somehow portrayed as a good thing in a "oh, that silly doctor" way?

That's dumb.

pbayne

Perfect Insider end

Wait, so
Magata, a murderer whose victims include her 15 year old daughter, eludes the police and gets a happy ending
and this is somehow portrayed as a good thing in a "oh, that silly doctor" way?

That's dumb.

Disgusting end to the series really.

duckroll

I mean I love Madhouse, but in this instance didn't they just bring the space dandy crew?

This can end up being a pretty circular debate. Natsume has worked at both Madhouse and BONES, and he seems to alternate between the studios for his directing jobs. He directed an episode of Tatami Galaxy at Madhouse before serving as unit director for the FMA Milos film at BONES, and then returned to Madhouse as a unit director for Iron Man Technovore, before heading to BONES to direct Space Dandy, and how he returns to Madhouse to direct One Punch Man. If he is indeed directing Mob Psycho 100, that'll be BONES next, lol.

One common factor between all the works Natsume has directed is that animators like Se Jun Kim, Yoshimichi Kameda, and Gosei Oda have worked on pretty much all of them. But aside from the "core" Natsume staffers, One Punch Man does feature a number of talents associated specifically with Madhouse - Hidehiko Sawada, Minami Yoshida, Shinichiro Ushijima, and Yoshiaki Kawajiri for example. So while it's clearly true that One Punch Man is first and foremost by "Space Dandy staff", it is also true that it is a Madhouse production.

Now I'm wondering what studio would be best to make a Star Wars anime.

Trigger is already auditioning. :p :p

Official promo homage artwork by

Imaishi: http://webnewtype.com/report/article/69164/
Yoshinari: http://webnewtype.com/report/article/69169/
Sushio: http://webnewtype.com/report/article/69170/

Squishy3

I mean I love Madhouse, but in this instance didn't they just bring the space dandy crew?
Not really, only the director was involved with Space Dandy for more than a few episodes.

a good amount of the key animators have only worked on a few things before OPM, or worked on things with the director. Only a few of the animators have never been involved with anything he's done.

Dragon Ball Super 24

Yeah I dunno what happened but this episode looked atrocious. It's a shame because the show was doing pretty good for around 20 episodes after that bad looking episode people got up in arms about but this one actually looks worse. Like One Piece tier. Just a lot of cheap shortcuts used. People will probably point to off model shots but there are far more telltale signs of troubled production in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom