• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
I only recently read ONE and am only 20 or so chapters into Mob Psycho but could you elaborate on what is so different in the Murata/anime versions aside from the art and added stuff

feels like a redrawn copy-paste into panels without any real flow fitting for a comic format barring trivial changes + neat flipbook & spreads

what im saying is murata should be an animator as thats his true calling

Mature

I don't blame you for not remembering the name of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, as it's a mouthful for people who don't know Japanese. Doesn't even have a handy abbreviation like light novels do! Hopefully that doesn't keep people from watching it, though I assume when Crunchyroll brings it over they'll localize the title some.
Just means we'll have to make our own. Like GenRak or something. I'll probably just end up referring to it as Rakugo, or Rakugo show.

I don't blame you for not remembering the name of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, as it's a mouthful for people who don't know Japanese. Doesn't even have a handy abbreviation like light novels do! Hopefully that doesn't keep people from watching it, though I assume when Crunchyroll brings it over they'll localize the title some.

I'll definitely watch it.

feels like a redrawn copy-paste into panels without any real flow fitting for a comic format barring trivial changes + neat flipbook & spreads

what im saying is murata should be an animator as thats his true calling

Murata's art is too detailed to be good for animation. His art is better in still form.

rakugo is a dead form of entertainment for a good reason

Rakugo isn't dead. I found a webpage for Katsura Sunshine, a Canadian rakugo performer, who's been spending 2015 on a world tour.

Quasar

Just means we'll have to make our own. Like GenRak or something. I'll probably just end up referring to it as Rakugo, or Rakugo show.

Lazy person that I am I guess I'll just call it Showa. Hopefully it turns out good. Its probably the one new thing I'm interested in.

ibyea

Banned
Since you guys are posting The Force Awakens impressions, my view is that it was both awesome and bad at the same time.

Narag

The Secret World of Arriety
Went in expecting a lighthearted feelgood kids movie. Instead I got this melancholic tale about the transience of existence. Great sort of surprise.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The dad in Chivalry is the most hilariously random evil guy ever. Seriously his motivation for being evil is "fuck those dirty normals."

Jintor

so i can't watch this on a non-home connection but apparently this website takes random cuts from every haruhi endless eight episode and splices them together so you can watch entirely new endless eight remixes forever

and ever

forever

1450666339658.png

Moments like these make Reika/Chloe shine.

Mailbox

Comet Lucifer 7-12(end)

Oh boi...... oh man....

Okay, Let me start off by saying that this anime didn't turn out well. Its mediocre, at best.

But it never really made me angry or mad or upset (outside of the last 2 episodes, which i'll get to in a second). The base story, the adventure setting, the world, the characters are ones that could have made a great (or otherwise, just fine) adventure anime. If it was given enough time (24-36 episodes), changed some story focuses (story is really muddled in the later half) and did a few tweaks it could have been something.
There were a lot of potential story elements that just weren't used or just never went anywhere, which is a shame. Not to mention that while you can tell that this is a world they are going through, absolutely nothing is really retained from that. Very poor world building in a story where that sort of thing is crucial.

I have no problems in saying that episodes 1-10 aren't horrible but just a waste of potential that no amount of Bread-Milf could save.

And then you get to the last 2 episodes. Which are pretty damn bad. Leaving the needless sex appeal that just randomly happens with Moura and....
dark Moura (we never do get a proper name)
aside, the last 2 episodes were just straight up bad. No thought was put into the side battles or what the characters were really doing. For all intents and purposes they may as well have done fuck all.

The whole
earth
thing was beyond stupid. The last 2 episodes were just poor and annoying and didn't feel right. The super forced epilogue was... stupid, but whatever, 12 episodes and running out of time.

Its a little frustrating talking about this show. After its all done, you get what the writer wanted out of it, but nothing came together. Its sort of pitiable, in a way.

TLDR: if you're looking for an adventure anime, I'd recommend Chaika's first season instead.

javac

Went in expecting a lighthearted feelgood kids movie. Instead I got this melancholic tale about the transience of existence. Great sort of surprise.

One of my least favorite Ghibli films. Great soundtrack and art however! You watched it dubbed or subbed?

Cornbread78

Baka to Test ep.5-6
The comedy is this show is so past PC is awesome, lol. Literally had me in tears during the pool scenes at all those nose bleeds. That poor effeminate boy, so wrong, but so funny. This show is better than anything (not names Owarimonogatari) airing this season; it's just so damn funny and I love some good childish humor.

One Punch Man 12 [END]

Holy. Fucking. Hell. If you consider yourself to be an anime fan, come to me after watching this specific episode, and tell me it was shit. I dare you to do it. Give us more Saitama in 2016 Madhouse. This was the true AOTY, even though I wanted to give it to other shows.

Looks like Prison School is getting an extra episode(or something) on the DVD release.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ndle-anime-dvd-of-mad-wax-arc-in-march/.96005

Kinda weird they would start the new arc before another season was released. After catching up with the manga I hope it gets a 2nd season.

It says an original OAD but all those pictures is second arc stuff. It's a good indication a S2 is happening at least.

Edit: Oh, just read what the ep is about. Yeah, S2 gotta happen.

Puruzi

Banned
One Punch Man 12 [END]

Holy. Fucking. Hell. If you consider yourself to be an anime fan, come to me after watching this specific episode, and tell me it was shit. I dare you to do it. Give us more Saitama in 2016 Madhouse. This was the true AOTY, even though I wanted to give it to other shows.

told ya it would be dope

Line_HTX

OPM 10

Genos should've just insulted her back even and tell her she was petty shit even more. See how she deals with it since she's got some bright ideas.

If you told me that The Secret World of Arriety wasn't by studio Ghibli, I would believe you. It didn't feel like a Ghibli movie to be honest.

It wasn't bad per se, just didn't feel like their regular work.

I still like it more than Howl’s Moving Castle though.

I probably just made several life long mortal enemies.

javac

I don't know why but I enjoyed Howl more than I should have, I loved the dub and had fun watching it with my younger brother :)

Narag

One of my least favorite Ghibli films. Great soundtrack and art however! You watched it dubbed or subbed?

dubs gag

If you told me that The Secret World of Arriety didn't feel like a Ghibli movie to be honest.

Howl's is regarded poorly around here lol

If you told me that The Secret World of Arriety didn't feel like a Ghibli movie to be honest.

Howl's is a travesty. Miyazaki's worst work by far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still think using the old woman as a villain was a bit silly.

Gundam IBO - 3

Yeesh, I can't remember the last Gundam protagonist I saw that was THIS trigger-happy. Dude didn't even let the guy finish his sentence.

Good episode, though the actual duel could have been better. I hope the Barbatos gets more weapons soon to have a little bit more diversity for the fights.

Mailbox

I liked howl's moving castle a lot :(
Even if the end if way too rushed and kind of a mess.

(My favorite ghibli film is kiki's delivery service, though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom