• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Hanamonogatari

Wait
Kaiki is still alive? I thought he was killed in season 2. I guess this takes place after the entire series? Koyomi and Hitagi have graduated.

Also, Koyomi is still a siscon of the highest order./ Even Suraga thinks you're too much.
Also, Suraga looks good in pig tails. Don't cut your hair, but I understand the whole girls cutting their hair because it symbolized changed.

TUSR

Banned
Hanamonogatari

Wait
Kaiki is still alive? I thought he was killed in season 2. I guess this takes place after the entire series? Koyomi and Hitagi have graduated.

Also, Koyomi is still a siscon of the highest order./ Even Suraga thinks you're too much.
Also, Suraga looks good in pig tails. Don't cut your hair, but I understand the whole girls cutting their hair because it symbolized changed.

in the timeline atm hana is the last

mw98DHt.jpg

So Hunter x Hunter is dead as fuck and didn't even get a single chapter in 2015 so might as well not cry myself to sleep and watch this instead

Level E 01

Well, this is definitely a lot different then YYH or HxH. Not about fighting, but a seemingly comedic series about aliens? First episode didn't really impress me but I'll keep going. To anybody who has read/watched this does it get better?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Level E 01

Well, this is definitely a lot different then YYH or HxH. Not about fighting, but a seemingly comedic series about aliens? First episode didn't really impress me but I'll keep going. To anybody who has read/watched this does it get better?

It's gag.

Good show. Lot of people here liked it.

convo

So Hunter x Hunter is dead as fuck and didn't even get a single chapter in 2015 so might as well not cry myself to sleep and watch this instead

Level E 01

The payoff is great. I thought it was really overlooked for how entertaining it was. I was really happy about his Cameo in HxH. I didn't know Togashi made Level E at the time, it is something really different from his other works.

Level E 01

It's a series about trolling. It's pretty good overall. Yasufumi Soejima's episode 4 is the best.

Qurupeke

Hanamonogatari

Wait

Karen cutting her hair was the worst moment in Monogatari. Not a fan of pigtails Suruga but at least she does look good. It's not surprising that since Karen cut her hair, she has done nothing and Tsukihi keeps stealing the spotlight. Tsukihi and her ever growing hair.

jbug617

Banned
Crunchyroll Winter Announcement (Lupin the 3rd Part 4)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...y&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=manual-news

Crunchyroll is kicking off its winter 2016 anime plans with Lupin the 3rd Part 4. The episodes that have already aired will be available when the simulcast kicks off on January 7 at 11:30am Pacific Time.

Lupin the 3rd Part 4 will be available to Crunchyroll members in the United States, Canada, Central and South America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands.

Haikyuu S2 10

B3HCnWY.jpg

uGAl3PJ.jpg

CO76WWa.jpg

I don't believe I've seen this type of unusually low, slanted angle used before in the series.

There were some really nicely directed moments in this episode, especially when Hinata and Kageyama finally pulled off their new quick attack. That was a thrilling moment, both visually and aurally. Good to see Mitsunaka mixing things up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Giant robots and anorexic girls right?

Indistinguishable.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/lupin-the-3rd-part4

Crunchyroll is gonna stream Lupin 2015 in in the United States, Canada, Central and South America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands.

Edit: Damn beaten

That's nice to hear.

There's a pretty interesting animated fight scene in episode 11(?) that more people need to see. It just looks really odd to me lol.

Show is alright, kinda stayed at the same level of quality throughout with some peaks at the end. There are probably some people who'll like it, if not for OST/Artstyle alone.

JCG

The villain plot is almost exactly the same.

I am half joking. Kinda. But they really are very similar.

One of the villains has a similar plan, but then again the protagonist himself is also kind of a villain and there is still another adversary after that point.

Or you might be thinking of RahXephon. Some would argue that is the better version of Evangelion. I wouldn't go that far, but I did like the ending more.

That's nice to hear.

There's a pretty interesting animated fight scene in episode 11(?) that more people need to see. It just looks really odd to me lol.

Show is alright, kinda stayed at the same level of quality throughout with some peaks at the end. There are probably some people who'll like it, if not for OST/Artstyle alone.

Yep, saw that. I think it was Shinya Ohira and thats what Sakugabooru says too.

For me Lupin 2015 really flounders the episodic plots and most of the time when an episode ended I just felt "that's it?" and thats the biggest issue I have with it.

Ascheroth

D.Gray-man - 09

Time
shenanigans are always fun. It's Allen and Lenalee together on a mission again in a strange town where
a day repeats itself
, which is assumed to be caused by an Innocence.
Of course the Akuma have also noticed this, and with at least 3 evolved Akuma and Road there, this is definitely not going to be easy...
Miranda is fun.

bEB2LCl.jpg
S2Cofc5.jpg
ms4MQfk.jpg

Nice entrance there Allen

John Blade

I am wondering actually doing this. Now, this is the year end, we can check to see how many anime show you have complete as of now, how many you're watching right now, and how many you have in back ordered. I just update my MAL right now and man....for those anime I got myself, it look bleak.

As of now, I am currently watching 13 animated show/ova/movie as of now (actually 2 I am watching right now while the rest is on hold). I just completed 125 animated show/movie/ova as of now and have 147 in back ordered as of now.

I am hopping to drop the back ordered from 147 to 100 by the end of 2016 but that might be a bit on a tall side but let's see if I can pull it off if I don't put any new anime in the list.

Taruranto

Revolutionary Boy Black Jack #12
You never forget your first.

Boy, this was awful. Poorly directed, poorly animated and generally awfully written. The same thing could be said about the series in general I guess. There were few nice spots here and there (Jonny's arc wasn't particularly offensive, Yabu character grow was nice), but overall they just weren't enough to elevate the series from the mediocrity/borderline awful.

"But before we go, let's put Hazama naked one last time. We all know that's reason anyone stuck with this so far
cpngk9V.gif
"

Gintamen

I am hopping to drop the back ordered from 147 to 100 by the end of 2016 but that might be a bit on a tall side but let's see if I can pull it off if I don't put any new anime in the list.

You could always leave out fanservice heavy stuff, wait for reviews and try to complete them in bigger chunks like a cour within a week once it's finished.

Probably haven't even watched 10 series this year.

Quasar

I am wondering actually doing this. Now, this is the year end, we can check to see how many anime show you have complete as of now, how many you're watching right now, and how many you have in back ordered. I just update my MAL right now and man....for those anime I got myself, it look bleak.

As of now, I am currently watching 13 animated show/ova/movie as of now (actually 2 I am watching right now while the rest is on hold). I just completed 125 animated show/movie/ova as of now and have 147 in back ordered as of now.

Hmm. According to MAL I completed 70 things (shows, ovas, movies) in 2015. Which is down from 114 in 2014. I imagine part of that is my backlog of old things getting smaller and me completing less shows. So maybe it will be sub-50 next year.

Grexeno

Catching up for AOTY is going to be difficult considering I'm probably losing this whole week due to my roommate's parents staying and hogging all the bandwidth with Netflix.

Watching 41 currently, completed 495 anime, and rewatched 67 anime.

Mature

As for mine, I think due to it's irregular release schedule, and without a convenient way to watch it, that Lupin the Third Part IV might have fallen off a lot of people's radars. I've been watching it inconsistently, but enjoying it quite a bit. It's not a perfect show, but the slick design and the pulpy writing make it a really fun watch at the very least.
Welp, no excuse now.

John Blade

You could always leave out fanservice heavy stuff, wait for reviews and try to complete them in bigger chunks like a cour within a week once it's finished.

Probably haven't even watched 10 series this year.

Unfortunately, those show that is in my back ordered are show I own so, remove them won't work for me as I need to watch them eventually. Also, most of the show I get aren't into fan service or very limited as I am getting older and those stuff not interested me that much.

For me, the best way to get through is to have two or three show to watch (not all at once). One show that is very simple to watch that you can stop watching for a week and come back without any fear of missing anything while the other two can be either very serious or semi-serious show to watch. Right now, I am watching GTO currently and holding Rahxephon for now till I finish the arch I am in. My next show I am going to watch is Sakura Wars series which I heard isn't too hard to watch so, that will become my in between show when I feel overwhelm. Work fine for a while but they will be time when I need to stop watching anime period for a month to recover.

Update: For those who watch Rahxephon before, do you have the same feeling of where you kinda want to stop a bit as nothing much really happens during the show? I am now in ep 20 but kinda want to put it on hold as it isn't interested me right now. Does it get more interesting or am I need to push on to get the show done as it does feel like that a bit.

Noragami Aragato END

Ebisu got what was coming to him and I hated this arc because it all is a fucking lead up to what Yato does in the last 2 minutes of the episode to get the ball rolling on the next arc. I pray it is more interesting than the last one.

Hackadoll END

Good series, made me laugh. #3 is the best boy.

Theonik

All in all, uh... Adolescence of Utena was a thing that I watched.
Now you can read this commentary from Ikuhara. There was another one that was on YouTube but it seems it was offed.

There are two obvious ones for me, but I'm not sure if either will make my list, Maria the Virgin Witch and Yuri Kuma Arashi.

Yatterman Night will probably be overlooked too but I don't feel so bad about that one.
I'll probably vote YKA.

Yatterman was pretty decent. I'd call it a good show even if the last episode wasn't a mess. That was supposed to get fixed up with the Blu Ray version but I have yet to see any results from that.
The Bluray is out. Or are you waiting to see results from somewhere else?

Sound! Euphonium - 08

Previous Eupho Reviews:
Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07

http://abload.de/img/cmpskzuvw.png

- Love and death truly are a huge part of music, particularly opera!

- The Agata festival sure sounds like fun though! All the inter-band relationships, crushes, interests, and then how all those spread... Too cute. Sometimes when stuff like that leaks out, it causes huge bouts of drama! However, it's pretty common to see people within same instrument families date or flirt with the possibility! I used to date lots of flute players for some reason.

- I love Kumiko's honesty and apathy though. She's just very honest about her feelings, haha.

http://abload.de/img/hehexzu2j.png

- I really also liked the way the audio transitioned from outside the rehearsal room to inside the rehearsal room. Subtle but really effective way of communicating space and the presence a band has in a building.

- The flute embouchure seen in this next cut is really nice, with the right amount of roll/lip/mouth distance to be accurately portrayed. You can tell she's a highschool student because of her slightly slouching posture.

- Also the amount of detail in Taki-sensei's cut-off is pretty great too. A lot of conductors have different styles of this, and as you can see, they decided to use a hand-technique because he's not using a baton. The difference in conducting is huge with regards to technique when using a baton or just hands. Depending on Japanese schools do it, he would either stick with hand-conducting technique for the rest of the show because the students are used to it, or would switch to a baton for a competition/performance because of the showmanship. Either way, I find that the ictus is much clearer with a baton. Even his cues in the previous cut that has him at a long-distance level of detail still are spot on with the music, correlating to the long notes he wants accentuated. Really nice.

- Also, these students actually pay attention. Usually in younger groups it's much harder to get them to actually cut off when the director does, because they really get into their parts.

- And regarding Asuka's explanation; there's always one of those people in every band! In my time as an ensemble member, that person was always me! I always did my research.

- And yes, Asuka is yet correct again. Different fingerings for brass players can really help out in some sections. For that particular part, you could hear how a different fingering pattern would help a player improve the agility in a faster moving low-brass part. With the chromatic notes added to the normal descending scale pattern in that section, coupled with the syncopation, you could tell someone would have more trouble with that part than normal. Add in the increased dynamic, and that someone would probably want to breathe during that phrase depending on what part came before, yeah, an alternate fingering would help.

- Notice as Kumiko walks she's using four fingers to practice her hand motions. She does this because she has a four-valve euphonium, one with the extra key that helps play on lots of the fingering combinations that rely on fingers 1 and 3 together at the same time. Since the notes are only player with one finger opposed to two, the rest of the hand can react more agile to the rest of the section that needs to be played. And yes, lots of brass players will sometimes just practice fingerings as they walk, whether it be in the air or on their leg, arm, etc. The muscle memory is there, and the practice only helps improve accuracy. I love that they pay enough attention to the way the instruments are played that even something as simple as someone practicing alternate fingerings is not only accurate to the specific construction of the instrument, but is related to the actual dialogue suggesting alternating fingerings in the previous scene. Really cool stuff.

http://abload.de/img/fingersbpuay.png

- However, she's usually shown with a compensating Euphonium, which would require the left hand to be used for the fourth valve, not the right hand. So either in a later episode they would use different euphoniums or to consolidate practice to get everything in one hand because of the off-hand casual nature of just going through the motions for muscle memory. Usually people will stick to the primary three fingers and only use the pinky if absolutely necessary, because of the weaker integrity of it compared to other fingers. Maybe an inconsistency, we'll see!

- The trombone practicing at the riverbank is funny. Cause he needs it. You can hear it. And Kumiko is right; Taki-sensei is ruthless. And then shutting Shuichi down with indifference because she's too absorbed in her musical thoughts is great.

- Literally drawing out the relationship triangle is funny. She just wants no drama, and gives no fucks. She's the best. That non-committal answer when Sapphire is talking to her shortly after is great too. She's totally absolving herself of everything.

http://abload.de/img/traingagu5g.png

- And then she fucks up, haha. And in the worst way possible for her.

- But Reina agrees anyways! Kumiko really just wanted to be left alone. She should've just rejected Shuichi to appease her apathetic side.

- Daww, Goto.

- And Midori and her sister are way too similar. Cute. You go get him Hakzui!

- Poor Kumiko, having to carry that Euphonium. That shit is heavy, and climbing up the stairs only makes it worst.

- Kousaka looks pretty cute here too. Though wearing those shoes has got to be tough, especially with all the walking they're doing. At least they're switching.

- And then that exchange about the feet/shoes. Haha. The sarcasm between them is funny.

- In this next scene, i'm totally with Asuka here. Don't rely on a deity to succeed for you. Grasp your own fate with your own talent. Be good enough to earn your place. She's so cool.

http://abload.de/img/yes2sue1.png

- And then a confession! Yo Hazuki! Way to go! But he still likes Kumiko. Dat heartbreak. Dat resolution of drama so fast. Dat Shuichi density. Dat tuba support. You know, that was handled swiftly, with tact, and actually in a not over-played manner. Really nicely done and not stupid like it could've been. It's funny that Hazuki can also see he likes Kumiko, even to the point where they both know Kumiko gives no fucks right now.

- And then Reina's straightforwardness in the next scene is also just great. "You know how you have a terrible personality?" So good. It's kinda nice how she just sees through Kumiko so easily. The manner which she refers to love is also pretty funny here as you can tell she appreciates her more realistic attitude than the show Kumiko puts on at times. She can even see through her about Shuichi too, though she doesn't know about how it's so one-sided, mostly from him. (get out yuri-baiters)

- It's also funny how earlier Kumiko basically says that Kousaka's love for music is almost too much. The lengths she goes are way more than anyone else.

- And about her goals, her ambitions, the way she wants to stand out... The trumpet really is the instrument to accomplish that, especially in a setting like this. That's some pretty cute friendship building though. Seeing her just straight up tell Kumiko how things are was really refreshing. No bullshit.

http://abload.de/img/eupho5uy0.png

- And all those sexy fingerings. Look at that spot-on animation/sound synchronization in this duet. Holy shit. (Don't worry about transpositions here fyi, i'll keep everything concert pitch for euphonium) The euphonium is playing D (1+2), up to F (0), down to E (2), up to F# (2+3), up to B (1+2). All spot-on fingerings.

- Kousaka's notes are (i'll include transposed trumpet notes here) E up to A (both 1+2, in the same harmonic series so it's a lip leap), down to F# (2), up to G# (2+3), up to A (1+2), slur up to C# (1+2), down to A (1+2), (animation gets ahead here with the audio due to the upcoming transition), down to a G# (2+3), up to A (1+2).

- I wouldn't believe they played that song a while ago, as the registers get high for performers their age when they would've first played it. Though, they are much better now, so it makes sense we're given a better performance.

- It's a perfect backdrop for everything to unfold without dialog here. Just really subtle emotion from the music and the visuals are just carrying the whole thing. So good.

- And then when we cut back to the duet, they even go as far as to animate the fingerings even from the vantage point this cut is from. Holy shit. You can even see their breathing and eye-contact at the end that they were signaling each other for the upcoming ritardando before the cadence. It's one of those things that becomes autonomous as a musician the more you perform.

- Very beautiful last main scene.

http://abload.de/img/frieds4suk9.png

Auditions. Next episode, shit is probably going to get real. There's probably going to be drama, yelling, shit-talking, fear... Just everything. This is going to be the part where the best rises to the top and the other people either accept their fates, start some shit, or rise above everything with talent. It's going to be good.
Great post.

Hint at the new DYRL BD being uncensored?
The only reason it was originally censored was because it was bundled with a game with a lower rating and they didn't want to risk it. A new release wouldn't be under this constraint and this lets them sell the film twice with less impedance.

Writing an entertaining script.
I would call her Wixoss/BRS TV script pretty entertaining.

Moaradin

The Bluray is out. Or are you waiting to see results from somewhere else?

They're out but I have no idea if they actually fix anything. Nobody posted any screens and comparisons like they do for a lot of other Bluray changes. I guess Yatterman wasn't very popular?

Deltoid

Banned
yo

i just finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso/Your Lie in April

the feels

i haven't decided if it's a good anime

but the feels

yo

i just finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso/Your Lie in April

the feels

i haven't decided if it's a good anime

but the feels

I felt the same as you initially but I can tell you now that in hindsight Your lie in April was pretty meh for me. I also found the first part a little boring but yea it does have some feels in it.

Level E 04

Ok this episode was pretty good. This reminds me of Gintama a lot with the aliens and comedic parts, I know Level E was published way before Gintama, though.

Production IG has got a new film in the works, Pigtails. It is being directed by Yoshimi Itazu, character designer of Miss Hokusai and the person who was initially picked to complete Dream Machine after Satoshi Kon's death. It's based off of a manga which won the New Artist Award of the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize in 2014, which follows a pig-tailed girl after the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

Chaos;Child of the Science Adventure series is getting an anime. I've heard good things about the game, hopefully the adaptation is better than the one Chaos;Head got.

duckroll

Production IG has got a new film in the works, Pigtails. It is being directed by Yoshimi Itazu, character designer of Miss Hokusai and the person who was initially picked to complete Dream Machine after Satoshi Kon's death. It's based off of a manga which won the New Artist Award of the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prize in 2014, which follows a pig-tailed girl after the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

I bet Okiura and Inoue will be working on it too. Wonder who else Itazu will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom