• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speedy Blue Dude isn't one of ours. We are NOT claiming him!

Alls well, I retract any previous statements made in anger

Heavy Object Episode 11 Three-Legged Mountain-Climbing Is Life-and-Death - The Artillery Battle in the Iguazu Mountains II
CWhi7IwWEAIY6Mc.png

Most difficult operation yet for all involved. I hope to see what Havia and Qwenthur do separated yet again. I have faith for great success at least.

Froylatia story was compelling.

Theonik

Gintama 98-
Suck it Gintama.

The Adolescence of Utena

http://abload.de/img/04qzmxlb8jlw.gif

Not a fan of this one. It feels even more artificial then the first one, the that are at fault here) and the bizarro ending sequence, with peeps screaming out symbolism in the midst of driving scenes, felt more like parody than a genuine ending. And without the baggage of TV series behind me, I dare say I would have been left scratching my head trying to grasp just wtf is going on.
It's a retelling not an ending, though you are right that it's not meant to work on its own. The series and it compliment each other while they are different canons.

I forgot to mention that in Glitter Force, The Doom Clock was NOT changed. It still says 22.
Lazy. But I guess since they cut episodes it wouldn't work anyway.

phaze

It's a retelling not an ending, though you are right that it's not meant to work on its own. The series and it compliment each other while they are different canons.

Didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Speedy Blue Dude isn't one of ours. We are NOT claiming him!

Alls well, I retract any previous statements made in anger

You dare call the art that is Precure franchise "glitter shit" and think you can get away with it ?

Noragami Episode 24 Your Voice Calls Out

Yukine is so epic, I thought they wouldnt be able to cut the blast plus purification ring but they did. Yato needed to trust him more this whole arc.

DiGiKerot

Well, that's all twenty current episodes of Glitter Force down (in my defence, I was sorting out assorted Christmas-related matters whilst it was going!).

Best episodes were the Kyoto Pacific-Asia Expo field-trip episodes, partially because I liked those episodes in the first place (particularly some of the really fruity framing of Lucky/Happys bad-luck breakdown in the second half), and partially because they have to make some hilarious localisation stretches to justify (a) being in an exact replica of Kyoto and (b) the fact that they keep taking candy from perfect strangers people.

Well, that's all twenty current episodes of Glitter Force down (in my defence, I was sorting out assorted Christmas-related matters whilst it was going!).

Best episodes were the Kyoto Pacific-Asia Expo field-trip episodes, partially because I liked those episodes in the first place (particularly some of the really fruity framing of Lucky/Happys bad-luck breakdown in the second half), and partially because they have to make some hilarious localisation stretches to justify (a) being in an exact replica of Kyoto and (b) the fact that they keep taking candy from perfect strangers people.

I almost want to watch this just to see all the localization nonsense Saban pulls, but I think I'll watch the actual Smile Precure first.

DiGiKerot

I almost want to watch this just to see all the localization nonsense Saban pulls, but I think I'll watch the actual Smile Precure first.

Probably a good idea - a couple of the episodes they dropped are really good. Rewatching it has GlitterForce has just reminded me how much visual charm Smile had - much as I personally love Heartcatch (and Fresh, because it's daft), I think Smile probably has not only the most consistently decent animation, and is probably the consistently entertaining, of all the Precure shows. It doesn't have the highs of something like Heartcatch or GoPri, but you don't really get bad episodes of Smile.

Unless you really don't like Manzai

Qurupeke

Noragami Aragoto 12

OH GOD NO, don't end like this. What the hell. :(

Episode was great. This arc is sooo much better than the previous one and it keeps getting better. I feel this arc has elevated the series even further than season 1.

Daaamn, I really hope they won't kill Ebisu. There are a so many death flags on him right now and it will be impossible to beat all of those masked gods, but still I really like him... The episode had some moments that literally left me speechless.The cut on the ring, Ebisu calling all those phantoms and the dragon's demise were ridiculously good.

And damn, I'm really afraid that this isn't the last we've seen of Izanami. I mean, Nora is there now. They called the gods but they forgot Nora there. :'(

Also, mind someone explain how Hiyori called Yato? She was looking at the last letter of his name or something... I have no idea...

Ascheroth

Kagewani - 12

Title drop!
And damn, everything comes together. Really excited for the last episode!

Heavy Object - 11

Great episode. That modified railgun thing is terrifying. Frolaythias situation is pretty fucked up.

Garo - The Crimson Moon - 11

Fairly interesting episode. One of the better ones I'd say, which isn't hard to achieve when there's next to no focus on Raikou and the little kid.
I had completely forgotten all about the Silver Armor, why the hell did it take them this long? Why wasn't this at the beginning? This armor looks to blend in more closer to the those of the previous season.

With the introduction of it I feel like I see a small light in this dark tunnel. Now this will all of course depend on how much focus will be on Fujikawara as of now, as I find him a much more interesting person than Raikou. Hearing Namikawa also helps.
The horror felt a bit lame, both to its design and existence. The fight was a small step up from the usual trash, but still very disappointing, especially in regards to it being the first for the Silver Armor!

Food time? I remember this from the previous season as well. This time you don't deserve it!

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 2
I really think this is my sort of thing. I know duckroll compared it to Watchmen but there's also this air of a comic crossover to it all what with so many disparate elements intersecting with one another.

Mailbox

Phaze's post made it seem interesting but I think I'll pass. :x

Okay, to be fair, that gif is from one episode that is the outlier filler. No other episode tries to pull what it pulled.

That said, watching Beyond the Boundary made me pissed. Not because any of the central ideas or plot points made me mad, but rather the execution and lack of attention to detail just made everything fall apart. Everything in the show had this vague feeling of intrigue and almost incessantly made you keep feeling "this could be so good if they didn't fuck it up like they did".

Since I haven't watched Guilty Crown yet, I can't say this for certain, but I can at least say that Beyond the boundary sucks mostly due to the fact that it may be the biggest waste of potential in anime.

Cornbread78

Baka to Test ep.1
Well, that was an interesting opening to the show. There was some comedy and minor ecchi, but we'll see where these classroom battles go moving forward. This will get tge three episode treat mentioned before I decide to dih into the two full seasons and a season worth of OVAS and specials.

Joe Molotov

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Glittler Lucky Giant Robo or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

pbayne

Okay, to be fair, that gif is from one episode that is the outlier filler. No other episode tries to pull what it pulled.

That said, watching Beyond the Boundary made me pissed. Not because any of the central ideas or plot points made me mad, but rather the execution and lack of attention to detail just made everything fall apart. Everything in the show had this vague feeling of intrigue and almost incessantly made you keep feeling "this could be so good if they didn't fuck it up like they did".

Since I haven't watched Guilty Crown yet, I can't say this for certain, but I can at least say that Beyond the boundary sucks mostly due to the fact that it may be the biggest waste of potential in anime.

Guilty Crown will change your opinion on that.

Russ T

Banned
I don't hate Beyond the Boundary, I just think it's kinda boring. Well, the plot is. Animation is pretty stellar most of the time.

Really pretty though and IIRC it had good music? I could be wrong on that point.

Ushio and Tora 25

These were all in the first minute. Why aren't you watching this?

Kagewani 12

Di1N4WG.jpg

Using a...wine opener?

Really didn't expect all these plot lines to connect and a huge exposition dump. In fact, I think I would actually prefer it if the show was straight monster of the week because the best thing about it is the monsters

Beyond the Boundary was shit.
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

That was the only good part of the show. KnK is the worst dreck KyoAni has ever shat out.

Edit: Wait, that black hair girl was good too. As per the KyoAni standard

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Concrete Revolutio 2

I really think this is my sort of thing. I know duckroll compared it to Watchmen but there's also this air of a comic crossover to it all what with so many disparate elements intersecting with one another.

is it funi or crunchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom