• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KazenY2J

That was the only good part of the show. KnK is the worst dreck KyoAni has ever shat out.

Edit: Wait, that black hair girl was good too. As per the KyoAni standard
Worse than Chuunibyou S2?
Expert taste, btw.
kyoukai-no-kanata-nase-mitsuki-glasses.jpg

pbayne

YuYu hakusho 73

I dunno, im kind of done now. This arc feels weird coming off the dark tournament and I just can't get into it. Its not bad per say but the escalation seems off. Kind of like what if Goku fought Freiza after Cell.

Ushio and Tora 25

These were all in the first minute. Why aren't you watching this?

Kagewani 12

Really didn't expect all these plot lines to connect and a huge exposition dump. In fact, I think I would actually prefer it if the show was straight monster of the week because the best thing about it is the monsters

That was the only good part of the show. KnK is the worst dreck KyoAni has ever shat out.

Edit: Wait, that black hair girl was good too. As per the KyoAni standard

i stopped watching ushio and tora until the rival arc was done. Is it done?

Heavy Object 11

The situation right now becomes an island wide sniper battle with the Break Carrier having both a ridiculous range and firepower.

And people clamoring for Frolaytia character development finally get their wish.

Interesting pair up this time, Qwenthur and Frolaytia on one side, Haivia and the Princess on the other.

Lol, scrub Bright Hopper

XJYDice.jpg

Yeah, Daisuki have a one-week delay from Funi, which is somewhat annoying given it's the only option for most non-Asia, non-US regions.

It's curious since Concrete Revolutio was announced at a Daisuki panel at an anime convention. You'd think Daisuki would be the lead streaming platform.

DiGiKerot

It's curious since Concrete Revolutio was announced at a Daisuki panel at an anime convention. You'd think Daisuki would be the lead streaming platform.

I'm pretty sure even the Funi streams lead off with a Daisuki ident, too, and Daisuki have been the ones doing all the convention promotion as well (I've got a huge-ass Daisuki-branded promo poster for the show hanging on my wall right now).

Ace Attorney anime starts Spring

Directed by Ayumu Watanabe at A-1 Pictures, series composition by Atsuhiro Tomioka and Kaowru Wada doing the music.

Starring Yūki Kaji as Phoenix, Aoi Yūki as Maya Fey, Masashi Tamaki as Miles Edgeworth, Chie Nakamura as Mia Fey.

Source

Pretty sure not all countries have the week delay. This is the statement they made at the start of the season

Concrete Revolutio
All areas and countries except below countries/areas: Oct 4 (Sun), 23:30 JST (Simulcast)
http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/CONCRETEREVOLUTIO

Streaming start for North, Central, Latin America, Iceland, Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand:
Oct 11 (Sun), 23:30 JST
Subtitles: English, French, Italian, German, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Indonesian
Streaming area: World-wide (except for Japan & China)

Source

Directed by Ayumu Watanabe at A-1 Pictures, series composition by Atsuhiro Tomioka and Kaowru Wada doing the music.

Starring Yūki Kaji as Phoenix, Aoi Yūki as Maya Fey, Masashi Tamaki as Miles Edgeworth, Chie Nakamura as Mia Fey.

Source

Interested because of Ayumu Watanabe.

Pretty sure not all countries have the week delay. This is the statement they made at the start of the season

Source

That's even more curious. The US I could understand, if they had negotiated something with Funi, but why all the non-US countries, which can't use Funi or Hulu?

Source

Hm. Not sure what to make of this staff.

Director did a lot of Doraemon stuff it seems. Not sure what the general reception to that is other than it being crazy popular in Japan.

Writer is also doing Pokemon XY&Z, as well as other children's anime.

pbayne

Source

I wonder if they'll follow the games plot or something original. Or even the manga has some decent cases too.

Spring has its fair share of dashing men between this and JoJo.

Source
Writer has been involved in some shit but that director seems hopeful.

phaze

Kyoukai no Kanata 2-4
d8ap14.jpg

Finally, I found where this scene is from

I honestly quite like it.
0k4tkrdi0s1d.png
So far it feels kinda like a better paced and more focused Yozakura Quartet but with more annoying characters and with some more some cringy, edgy stuff being shoved down my face instead of underage pantsu.

Hm. Not sure what to make of this staff.

Director did a lot of Doraemon stuff it seems. Not sure what the general reception to that is other than it being crazy popular in Japan.

Writer is also doing Pokemon XY&Z, as well as other children's anime.

Ayumu Watanabe is a good director. Space Brothers is probably the most known of his work.

Apparently this will be airing on the timeslot right before Detective Conan on YTV, which is about as mainstream a TV timeslot as anime can get.

Baka to Test ep.1
Well, that was an interesting opening to the show. There was some comedy and minor ecchi, but we'll see where these classroom battles go moving forward. This will get tge three episode treat mentioned before I decide to dih into the two full seasons and a season worth of OVAS and specials.

Baka Test is an amazing romcom-action series lol.

There's some really good character drama too among all the insanity and hilarity.

Source

Yuki Kaji makes it a much watch, though I hope it is understandable for people whove never played any of these games.

Animelab announces some shows for January.

https://www.animelab.com/blog/animelab-simulcast-line-up-for-winter-2016/

Pandora in the Crimson Shell
Haruchika – Haruta & Chika
Prince of Stride Alternative
BBK/BRNK
KONOSUBA – God’s blessing on this wonderful world!!
DagashiKashi

Please mean someone in the US will also get Prince of Stride Alternative and engdub it, Haruchika too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 25:

This feels like everything could have been avoided if the scientists had just decided to ask to work with Ushio and Tora instead of acting all evil but here we are.

The ace attorney anime will live or die based off of two things, how well it balances the various emotional elements of the PW games, and how enjoyable the breakdowns are to watch.

Baka to Test ep.1
Well, that was an interesting opening to the show. There was some comedy and minor ecchi, but we'll see where these classroom battles go moving forward. This will get tge three episode treat mentioned before I decide to dih into the two full seasons and a season worth of OVAS and specials.

I miss Baka and Test, donuts and bananas are so good.

Ayumu Watanabe is a good director. Space Brothers is probably the most known of his work.

Apparently this will be airing on the timeslot right before Detective Conan on YTV, which is about as mainstream a TV timeslot as anime can get.
Whoa. I'm getting some hope that the worst aspects of the series won't be emphasized.

Sterok

Glitter Force 1

What's this strange completely new show that popped up on Netflix? Well I've got time, so I'll look into this show that I have definitely never seen before. Why are the forces of good sending Emily creepy dreams? Will the others also get dreams? I hope this Candy thing doesn't become annoying. Kelsey is easily the best girl. Lol, sunstroke. Maybe Emily isn't quite as dumb as she looks. Big bad Ulric is cool enough. All in all, a decent first episode. Kind of funny, though the action leaves much to be desired. The ending kind of sucks though.

Qurupeke

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion

:(

I think I shouldn't have watched this. I really shouldn't have. It was great, better than I expected and not disappointing at all but it really destroy everything so far and
it managed to destroy Homura's character as well...
I'm not sure I understand everything that happened in this, I feel that a lot of things really happened since the end of the the Madoka series...

I really feel very confused about what I want to say about this. The final 15 or so minutes really turned the movie to a something dark and twisted that I didn't want to see. Basically, because of everything that had happened Homura achieved a form even more superior than a witch? A demon, more or less, and became someone about as powerful as a goddess like Madoka... I hated this. The Homura we knew is pretty much over. And probably because of this unhealthy love-obsession thing for Madoka, she now represents evil. I really didn't expect them to pull such a dark twist, especially when I thought everything was over, it caught me off guard, especially after the first twist with Homura being a witch. I really feel that they just fucked up Homura's character with this, and turned everything in her to the madness we saw. She turned from the tragic character to an obsessive thing. I guess she's pretty much insane now, considering she tried(?) to take her life in the post credits scene. Also, I guess Madoka is in a state of "stasis" again, until she's able to regain her memories... again... This really left an odd taste. A very sour one... I could say that I'd be happy with a new movie/series that would fix everything up, but at this point it will probably mean another universe reset and more characters turning to gods...

Overall, I could say it was a pretty good movie, with an interesting theme, amazing fights and effects, nice story etc. but the ending really messed everything up. Also, I'm not sure what happened to Kyuubei. Is it punished by demon Homura?

So, other than this, the movie looked extremely good. The battles were fantastic and
Mami vs Homura
was certainly the greatest battle in the series. Simply put, spectacular.Oh, also I liked that it had a Christmas vibe, I couldn't pick a better period to watch this... The start of the movie was certainly confusing, I thought I had missed a movie or something as they introduced
Bebe
and everyone was so happy and cheerful. It was nice that we finally see some team action though, as in the main series
characters died way too fast for this to happen
. The movie managed to have some scenes that gave an really good feel and others that really gave me the worst sentiments... Certainly fitting, heh...

In the end, I guess it was worth it just for the fights and the "wtich" world effect, but I still didn't like at all the thing I mentioned before... Kind of funny that the original ending pretty much allured to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom