• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 3
rqAQc3yl.png
Few things I've liked about the show so far:
  • Character design having this nice homogenized normal feel for the usual populace with the typical anime tropes being confined to the superhumans on display.
  • It makes me so glad the robot detective line in ep 2 or whatever wasn't throwaway
  • Seeing the early cracks in Jiro's beliefs is so satifsying given the glimpses of his fully disillusioned end point we see in the segments set later.
  • holy shit duckroll was right, the action at the end in this one was delicious
  • feels like a dash of early Planetary too

Kvik

Thread moves too fast, didn't I post on page 2 just last night? :-\

Time for me to go see Sutaawoozu Foosu no Kakusei

javac

I owned a DS since day one and same goes for the 3DS but never played any of the acclaimed games from those systems, Ace Attorney, 999, SMT, TWEWY...I just didn't and still don't have time to play :( I know that I could still pick them up and make amends but it really does feel like the prime time to play them for me has past me by, it's funny but I spend more time talking about games than playing them and even that is waning. I could say the same about anime too :p I'm not too sad I guess.

AA 2 (last case) and 3 are so much better it's not even funny

It's been a while since I've played those, and certainly the last case of each makes for a good ending in different ways. And Godot is great. But the way AAI 2 takes a bunch of different plot threads and character arcs and weaves them into one cohesive tapestry which comes together in a thrilling climax - that's a tour de force of writing which so, so many narratives attempt but fail miserably at. I was really impressed when I got around to playing the English fan translation (which is top-notch, by the way).

Puruzi

Banned
I owned a DS since day one and same goes for the 3DS but never played any of the acclaimed games from those systems, Ace Attorney, 999, SMT, TWEWY...I just didn't and still don't have time to play :( I know that I could still pick them up and make amends but it really does feel like the prime time to play them for me has past me by, it's funny but I spend more time talking about games than playing them and even that is waning. I could say the same about anime too :p I'm not too sad I guess.

I owned a DS since day one and same goes for the 3DS but never played any of the acclaimed games from those systems, Ace Attorney, 999, SMT, TWEWY

never played any of the acclaimed games from those systems, Ace Attorney, 999, SMT, TWEWY

Ace Attorney, 999, SMT, TWEWY

this cannot be allowed

We know you're not joking because you say it all the time.

I'll continue to be a trigger stan

komplanen

I'm not into anime but One-Punch Man is fucking brilliant!

Are there other anime by the same writers / directors / artists I should be aware of?

javac

There's very few studio's if any that will turn my head whenever they do anything, I thought that Trigger would be a studio that would demand the same attention from myself when they first formed but I can say that looking at what they've done so far, that turned out now to be the case. I'm sure that it'll be one of the more popular and most talked about shows when it comes out however on many circles of the internet :)

Russ T

Banned
Kiznaiver is supposed to be a spring show, so I'm surprised they're announcing this so early.

They announced The Perfect Insider super early, too, although not as early as the beginning of the previous season. Trigger's a fairly hypeworthy thing for a lot of people, so I imagine it's good press either way.

javac

this cannot be allowed
I like the soundtrack I guess, that's as much as I can digest when it comes to the time that I have :/ I bought Bravely Default CE (with that ugly beautiful figure) when the game launched in the UK (December 6, 2013) and still haven't inserted the cart into my 3DS, same with ALBW (November 22, 2013). I buy games and don't even open them! I've had 2 years! Still haven't inserted MM3D into my 3DS either...

Are there other anime by the same writers / directors / artists I should be aware of?

Space Dandy is from the same director, Shingo Natsume, and is worth checking out. It has a lot of great animators in it. It's more of an anthology show with a lot of freedom given to the creative team for each episode though, and the feel of each episode fluctuates wildly as a result, so just keep that in mind. The first episode is not the best, especially the first half, so if you don't like that don't let it turn you off from the rest of the show.

K Return of Kings Episode 12
tumblr_nzktnyto5Q1tbp5fpo3_500.gif

I loved how cool it was and even Sukuna said it was cool too, or they tried to be cool. It felt like the K episode weve been waiting for years for, finally Yata and Fushimi get to confront each other and say things they never would have said otherwise. All Fushimi has to do is just say things clearer to Yata so he can understand, he's always willing and committed to Fushimi.

Puruzi

Banned
I like the soundtrack I guess, that's as much as I can digest when it comes to the time that I have :/ I bought Bravely Default CE (with that ugly beautiful figure) when the game launched in the UK (December 6, 2013) and still haven't inserted the cart into my 3DS, same with ALBW (November 22, 2013). I buy games and don't even open them! I've had 2 years! Still haven't inserted MM3D into my 3DS either...

Damn, that's a shame.

Hope you can find time for TWEWY at some point at least, it's the best game.

Spring seems to be packed with a lot potentially good anime. Heck 2016 in general seems like a great year for anime.

A continuation of D.Gray Man gets announced. Then 2016 will officially be considered a crazy year. For me at least.

Rotnems

Neo Member
It's been a while since I've played those, and certainly the last case of each makes for a good ending in different ways. And Godot is great. But the way AAI 2 takes a bunch of different plot threads and character arcs and weaves them into one cohesive tapestry which comes together in a thrilling climax - that's a tour de force of writing which so, so many narratives attempt but fail miserably at. I was really impressed when I got around to playing the English fan translation (which is top-notch, by the way).
The way they tried to bring the smuggling ring story line in every case felt forced to me. IMO the only good parts of AAI2 are the memory loss case and the OST.

javac

Damn, that's a shame.

Hope you can find time for TWEWY at some point at least, it's the best game.

I'll do it one day for sure! I still need to boot up my copy of Earthbound and need to track down a copy of Chrono Trigger (DS?), two other classics I have yet to play. Well acquainted with both soundtracks as per usual! :p

Theonik

Hidan no Aria
So where to begin with this. Err, this is a pretty bad and generic show. It's from 2011 and recently got a spin-off thing. I watched it because of a watchbet I made.

So I guess a synopsis is in order:
After crime levels rose to something pretty high governments decided to setup these special schools to train these special detectives and they have to carry guns and knives to school or some shit so edgy. So our story begins when our MC Kinji who is an above average detective stan dude but is thinking about quitting because reasons that will be revealed. Anyway after a terrorist hit against him he gets saved by this kugiloli named Aria but there's a twist. This MC has a hidden power that be desperately avoids using. When he pops a boner he gets superpowers. The side-effect? His personality also becomes 100% more douchey. They have detective chum adventures together saving the world from a mysterious organisation called IU. (read as ew as in the feeling this show leaves in your mouth)

It's actually even dumber than I let on here. Very dumb. Also haremish as should be expected I guess. Also they do this thing when one of the antagonists is called Riko Mine Lupin IV. Clearly the joke here being she's the daughter of Lupin III and Fujiko Mine to remind us we could have been watching a much better show.

The art is also not very notable and pretty bad at times. But the most obnoxious thing was the direction and especially the nonsensical use of sound effects that was basically the bane of my existence.

Now there is a silver lining here I suppose if you are crazy enough to actually watch this. There exist some errr interesting subtitles for it that do enhance the experience.

Spring seems to be packed with a lot potentially good anime. Heck 2016 in general seems like a great year for anime.

A continuation of D.Gray Man gets announced. Then 2016 will officially be considered a crazy year. For me at least.

It was announced? I thought unsure on if its just a fan event, a movie, ova, tv anime or any other thing.

Not same cast, but I'd recommend Tiger & Bunny to OPM fans. It's not as good, but it's got similar stuff going on. Also has wide reaching appeal, at least conceptually.

First, and most importantly, good on you Narag for watching Concrete Revolutio.

We'll get the official Concrete Revolutio fanclub t-shirt out to you shortly.

Secondly, here is the key visual for the Ace Attorney anime.
CWiIXTVUkAA_HLf.jpg

Noragami Episode 23
download_2.png

This is some OP bullshit right here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I forgot to mention that in Glitter Force, The Doom Clock was NOT changed. It still says 22.
Hah, that doesn't make sense. Maybe they hope people won't notice.

Well, that's all twenty current episodes of Glitter Force down (in my defence, I was sorting out assorted Christmas-related matters whilst it was going!).

Best episodes were the Kyoto Pacific-Asia Expo field-trip episodes, partially because I liked those episodes in the first place (particularly some of the really fruity framing of Lucky/Happys bad-luck breakdown in the second half), and partially because they have to make some hilarious localisation stretches to justify (a) being in an exact replica of Kyoto and (b) the fact that they keep taking candy from perfect strangers people.
I reeeeeally hope they do the exchange episode.

Theonik

Hidan no Aria Special
So why does this get a special post? Well after much thought this might be the part of the series one watches if they actually don't completely hate themselves. It's basically half dumb (in the good way) onsen action with what you'd expect from the series with a legit unexpected second half/tonal shift and somewhat twisty ending. Now, I am not sure if I'd actually recommend it though because I'm not sure if this is due to brain damage from watching the rest or conditioning or something, but I thought it was worth giving this a special spot.

Sterok

Glitter Force 3

Everyone bully the shy girl. Lol, Japanese pizza. Why do the Buffoons have an A on them? Shouldn't it be a B? Peace's transformation speech is garbage. Do something fun with it. Peace needs some more charm in general. Maybe if her lightning hurt herself a bit? That would be funny. The music sucks in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom