• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the Staff for the adaption of A Silent Voice by KyoAni. Don't know if it's been posted already.

Director: Naoko Yamada
Screenplay: Jukki Hanada
Character Design: Miku Kadowaki
Art Director: Ikuko Tamine
Music: Satoru Kousaki

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was entirely the reverse. I didn't enjoy the first half of the series as much as the second. The second half was fantastic because it focused on each girl's struggles with the changes the new manager was doing.

My main problem with the show is I felt it was unfocused. The original had the advantage that 765Pro was a fixed number so it was easy to appeal to the fans with idol representation. Cindy Gals had the task of trying to please an audience that could be a fan of one of hundreds of characters. Towards the end they were throwing in so many cameos that it actually detracted from the story of the main cast (I'm sorry, but the final concert was an awful mess of an ending). Oh and it didn't help they repeated the whole one idol feels a bit off for a period of time arc not just from the original iM@S, the movie, but also, the very first half of this very show! There's better ways to add conflict to an idol show lads, ya don't need to keep repeating the same thing; say for example the conflict within Asterisk, a group whose story was far more interesting than New Generation.

Silent Voice is my most anticipated anime in a long time especially since the staff has been shown. I don't really have to worry about anything if it's KyoAni, although PA Works (with Masayuki Yoshihara as director) was who I always imagined doing it for some reason.

Just so you know I had to re edit my post because I put the wrong staff, but it's fixed now.

I was thinking that Okada had been doing a lot, even for her. xD

Is is a movie though, right? One of my friends has been insisting it's going to be a whole series but I've never seen it called anything but a movie by anyone.

This is my most anticipated anime in a long time especially since the staff has been shown. I don't really have to worry about anything if it's KyoAni, although PA Works (with Masayuki Yoshihara as director) was who I always imagined doing it for some reason.

Just so you know I had to re edit my post because I put the wrong staff, but it's fixed now.

Monster Strike Episode 14
CXulaGIWwAALat6.png

Darn I will miss this for the winter, why does a short anime need a season break like that?! The new chapter seems intense and epic.

Anyway, Oragon was awesome this episode, laughed so much when he was blushing in the gravity and then when he was sitting on the chair.

Ojamajo Doremi 39:

Well, it's been a little while since I wrote up something about this show beyond just twitter impressions, but I felt like I needed to for such a fantastic episode. Ojamajo Doremi is always a show with very charming art, but this episode went above and beyond the show's typical level. The direction was fantastic, the backgrounds were somehow even better than normal, and the episode had a number of really great shots which played around with the perspective in a very interesting way. It was, beyond everything else, a feast for the eyes.

The extremely high quality of the production really helped elevate the script, too. I certainly wouldn't call the story one of the show's very best, but it was certainly a solid effort, and it wound up making for a nice twist on some of the past "Doremi falls in love" episodes. The direction really helps here in that the episode does quite a lot to communicate the story without the need for some clumsy dialogue explaining certain bits, so you can really get a sense of the mood for each scene, the way time is passing, what each character is thinking, etc. This is what happens when a talented director is working in unison with a script to bring the best out of it, not just trying to animate the script, but to understand it on every level and use every tool in order to make that story work visually.

And this all fits right in with the show as a whole. All of our prominent cast members are behaving in a manner that builds off of what they've done in the past. So even if we only see a character like Reika for a couple of minutes, having watched the whole series you can get a sense for her reaction to this and what her motivations are. Since almost no one actually gets that much screen time outside of Doremi and Shuzou, even Hadzuki and Aiko, the episode makes great efforts to maximize each of these scenes. This is possible due to how good the writing for the show is as a whole. Every recurring character has a strong personality and has been fleshed out to at least some extent by this point, so the show can rely on that strength to create strong impressions from only a short scene.

This is one of those episodes where, when you think about it some and what it accomplishes, you start to realize just why Ojamajo Doremi is one of the very best anime out there.

You just wanted to give folks a heart attack by listing Mari Okada as the writer, didn't you?

John Blade

Well...just finish watching Rahxephon and man the ending or the conclusion of the show end in a way which answer some of the questions I have as I watch the show. I am wondering if I should make an impression of the show or watch the movie and then make a much better impression about the series from there.

duckroll

Well...just finish watching Rahxephon and man the ending or the conclusion of the show end in a way which answer some of the questions I have as I watch the show. I am wondering if I should make an impression of the show or watch the movie and then make a much better impression about the series from there.

The RahXephon movie is very different from the series. It takes a lot of the same material and events and remixes it into a story with a fundamentally different context and an ending which in a way provides a different "answer" to the story's purpose. It is a companion piece of sorts, not a sequel or expansion.

Cross Game 1 - Man, getting all misty eyed after the first episode. Looking forward to finally watching this, been putting it off for too long.

John Blade

The RahXephon movie is very different from the series. It takes a lot of the same material and events and remixes it into a story with a fundamentally different context and an ending which in a way provides a different "answer" to the story's purpose. It is a companion piece of sorts, not a sequel or expansion.

I guess I will write an impression of the show by itself then. As for the movie, I guess I hold it for a bit and go watch another anime right now.

javac

Only Yesterday

Y'know that scene in Rataouille where Anton Ego is taken back to his childhood upon tasting that meal? Kinda felt like that watching this since used to watch normal movies I didn't quite get when I was a child and felt as if they were a little beyond me. I'll really need to watch this again next year because it felt like it was too good for me. I can see why some argue that this is Ghibli's best.

Glad you finally watched it, forget favorite Ghibli film its my favorite film animated or otherwise granted I don't watch many films. Speaking of Ratatouille, the last Pixar film I ever watched was The Incredibles back when it came out which was over a decade ago *gulp* That probably doesn't help my case but fuck if I care Only Yesterday is incredible and nothing would change my affinity for it.

Jaxec

Utawarerumono 13

We're finally going to war. A good setup episode for what's to come. I really enjoyed the serious tone of this episode and hope it carries over to the actual combat. Hoping to see more of the 8 generals in action, especially the big guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom