• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Generations 9

"People aren't ready to know badder space Pokemon could be out there, ready to push our shit in."

Pokemon Generations 10

For some reason, any animated format of Pokemon that focuses on haunted settings is awesome. They're awesome in the mainline show, and it was awesome here.

Exalted

Drifters episode 4

The comedy in this serie is still awful and really out of place. The only thing that kinda has my interest and i want to find out is
if the Black King is actually Jesus... So far all the people on his side are characters that have been betrayed by humanity in their past, and he heals people, and not to mention his hands.
Pj57bya.jpg
piAp6DM.jpg
QlHqJCh.jpg

crWt0QY.jpg
7opLsRX.jpg
e1n4fvZ.jpg

Thud

Rose of Versailles 11

Oscar gets a promotion and the Queen is still acting like a 14 year old. People can't say no to her.

So the responsibility lies on Oscar lol. With Fersen back to Sweden the friction, the dynamic changed again. This episode also introduced a new character, the duke guemenee. Never trust a man with a bad mustache. It definitely shows because the first real action he did is shooting a child in the back.

Should provide for some entertainment in the next episodes. Bonus points for the grandma expressing her affection for Oscar.

All Out 4

Finally a real match. Obviously they got slaughtered, but it provides good motivation for Gion and the others. I hope they will provide more of the rules during the show. The scoring system isn't really clear yet.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 31

MPR basically answered all the questions I had about the format of this episode since I assumed some things incorrectly. I do have one question though: does this resolve the "not enough episodes" concerns expressed early on when it comes to trying to make everything fit?

I certainly wasn't thinking that they would combine these arcs. Its just that giving SC 52 episodes and DIU 39 when the manga for DIU is longer raised some eyebrows about content. But this format certainly shaves off an episode or two at DIU's pace, depending on if its a two or three parter (probably three since Enigma and Cheap Trick didn't begin yet). Separately, these fights are two volumes or around 20~ chapters.

The solution for DP was to just move at a faster rate, at the minor expense of a few pages or panels here and there that I would have like to have seen included, but its not a big deal.

The Great Passage - 03

Some people on the internet apparently thought this was going to be a BL?? Uhh what. Did an artist or something do BL work before, because that's the only way I could imagine people reaching that conclusion. Nothing thus far went into that territory? Or maybe I'm just oblivious.

The Great Passage - 03

Some people on the internet apparently thought this was going to be a BL?? Uhh what. Did an artist or something do BL work before, because that's the only way I could imagine people reaching that conclusion. Nothing thus far went into that territory? Or maybe I'm just oblivious.

The mangaka who was commissioned for the original character designs, Haruko Kumota, has done a lot of BL works in addition to her major series, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, that has an ongoing anime adaptation itself. Also some people extrapolated from the prominence of the two lead male characters in promotional art. That all has nothing to do with the content of the original Great Passage novel, of course.

Also of course, the presence of a female love interest for the lead isn't stopping fujoshi from shipping the male characters.

pbayne

Zaregoto OVA 1

Im not a fan of Nisio at all and this won't convert me. Simply 27 minutes of character introductions and bland exposition/dialogue/narration from the MC. Terrible really.

All Out 4

Finally a real match. Obviously they got slaughtered, but it provides good motivation for Gion and the others. I hope they will provide more of the rules during the show. The scoring system isn't really clear yet.

Try=5 + a conversion(a kick over the posts) = another 2 so 7 total.
Drop Goal=3
Penalty=3

Flip Flappers 4

Alright as a cooldown episode, art room girl will obviously be important down the line. Complaints over the pair's relationship is definitely merited though.

Flip Flappers 04

At some point Cocona is going fight Yayaka and beat her because the power of her friendship with Paprika is stronger than her friendship with Yayaka even though she's only known Paprika for 5 minutes.

That makes so little sense that you're probably right.

phaze

Drifters episode 4

The only thing that kinda has my interest and i want to find out is

Probable spoilers on identity of Black King:

[Massive spoilers !]
If spoilers I read are to believed than yes, its is indeed Jesus.

This episode kinda already bluntly confirmed it with the his speech.

The mangaka who was commissioned for the original character designs, Haruko Kumota, has done a lot of BL works in addition to her major series, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, that has an ongoing anime adaptation itself. Also some people extrapolated from the prominence of the two lead male characters in promotional art. That all has nothing to do with the content of the original Great Passage novel, of course.

Also of course, the presence of a female love interest for the lead isn't stopping fujoshi from shipping the male characters.

Rakugo too had plenty of people talking about how it felt like a BL and whatnot, which I guess I could see, but definitely not with this show. I guess the artist's background work was what lead people to this conclusion.

But who am I kidding, fujoshi peeps go after everything that moves and has multiple male protags (I should never have googled Osomatsu-san back in the day). Just like how yuri fans always have their goggles on, so I'm not singling them out lol.

Szadek

I like BL. Anyone else?
I don't, it does nothing for me.
Yuri on the other hand...

Smile Precure! - Ep. 24
Cuteness overload:
Märchenland sure is a very nice place and meeting so many fairy tale characters in 1 episode was pretty cool.
Of course the main villain isn't dead and now there are also super akanbes.
I wouldn't mind to much if there wasn't anyother coutndown. At least it's only goes up to 16 this time around.

Drifters - Ep. 4
The really need to stop with all the comedy scenes.
They suck and happen way to frequently right now.

Thud

Try=5 + a conversion(a kick over the posts) = another 2 so 7 total.
Drop Goal=3
Penalty=3

Yeah, I looked it up after the third episode, but thanks anyway. These are things I expect to know from the show. The midsegment is perfect for that, but they just show manga panels with the jokes that didn't make the anime or something like that lol.

Narag

I frequently forget Narag and duckroll are different people.

Here's a handy guide:

Code:
Ducks that have seen Shin Godzilla                Cats who have not seen Shin Godzilla
------------------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------- 
            Duckroll                            |            Narag                                                
                                                |                                                                  
                                                |                                                                  
                                                |                                                                  
                                                |

Taruranto

I like BL. Anyone else?

I like Yuri.
On ice.

The Great Passage - 03

It's just the trailers showing the dudes 95% of the time while the girl only had like, one scene.

I doubt people expected BL though, more like a fujoshi-oriented show lol. But it isn't even that.

pbayne

I like BL. Anyone else?

I like it when it when its a bit more shounen ai-ish and closer to just a vanilla romance story like Sekaiichi Hatsukoi , Love Stage or the recent Classmates or even some CLAMP stuff. I don't like the extreme stuff when its super creepy/a bit rapey.

Just T

Like every season, already so far behind...

Natsume Yuujinchou Go: 1-2

Really nice to have this back, seems like they will be delving a bit more into Reiko this time around. I thought both episodes were pretty good, even though they also felt bittersweet as well. The second episode especially but glad she got some closure in the end.

Trailer up for the 4th Tenchi Muyo OVA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hJ-9Hl4bhU

Hmm I don't know how to feel about more Tenchi. I really enjoyed it as a teen, and still like certain iterations of the franchise. The original set of OVAs, Tenchi in Tokyo (I feel I shall be killed for this) and sort of liked Tenchi GXP. I rewatched Universe a couple years back and actually kind of hated it, then the last set of OVAs didn't sit well with me either.... hum....

(Love movies 1 and 3, lukewarm on 2)

Also:

Ping Pong Girls Episode 4:
Once we got back into the matches I felt this was episode was super engaging. I'm thinking it's probably still on the drop block for Mid season though. It's a struggle to keep watching 15 shows just to the Mid season, let alone actually holding them all over and reviewing them at the end of their runs. Something has to give.

Girlish Number Episode 3:

Stronger episode than last week's. I liked seeing our lead actually grow and improve herself as a person, alongside all her usual shark and self-centered behavior. I felt like it really did justice to the turmoil of a fresh voice actress. Also god, is this show autobiographical? I feel like it is with how shat on the poor writer is. lol.

Yuri on ICE Episode 4:
I'd read some complaints about animation issues or that it wasn't a finished episode? Seemed generally okay to me. Otherwise still a solid series. Wife is loving it.

To Be Hero Episode 4:

This is getting funnier and funnier. Honestly I was cautiously positive on the first episode, but I feel like the writing and absurd/gross humor is finally hitting its stride. I look forward to it more and more every week.

Haikyu S3 4

DEAR GOD! That Tsukishima moment! It got me all hyped up! I'm all fuzzy from it. YOOOOOOO

Little mention to Hinata and Kageyama, They both had their own awesome moments.

phaze

Igarashi sure likes his red backgrounds. Not that I'm complaining. Love them.

On the other hand, Bungous's OP@ ED are a disappointment. I'm complaining.

Also ep out on Crunchy wheeeeeeen.

Haikyuu 04

Yeah, that Tsukishima moment was executed nicely. Nice episode as per usual though the reuse of the same cuts was more apparent to me than in the past.

Just T

Natsume Yuujinchou Go: 3

Figured Matoba would get Natsume like that. Also was interesting to learn that some of the past techniques shown are forbidden, Natsume will need to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom