• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Currently in the process of watching it. Definitely nowhere near my favourite anime but I am enjoying it.

I actually really like the first season. Then the second season came along and destroyed everything that still was somewhat good within the first episode.

Qurupeke

Sölf;222023051 said:
I just finished the 10 Pokemon Generations episodes. Those were actually quite cool. Especially 9 and 10. I would love a Pokemon series that's more mature/darker/serious than the current anime. Or that would simply take place in the Pokemon universe but do something completely different, like the police investigation in EP 2.

Episode 10 was too good. Better than Soma.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh snap, they're making a live action version of Saki? I wonder how much of an effects budget they'll have for the crazy mahjong shots. This gonna be cheesy as all hell.

dwUXoux.jpg

44UnPfF.jpg

iZw18CS.jpg

7K7i7l0.jpg

uk4HdIp.jpg

Currently in the process of watching it. Definitely nowhere near my favourite anime but I am enjoying it.

Some of us look for the silver lining.

People like to complain about season 2 a lot. Will I understand the criticism, It is in no way as bad as people make it out to be. It's quite enjoyable.

Ascheroth

I dropped season 2 of Aldnoah hard after the first episode.
Season 1 was pretty enjoyable though. Watched it with a friend and we had fun making fun of it while we watched it.

caliph95

Am i the only that feels like dropping drifters. Whole the action and visuals are nice, it's boring otherwise. I can't decide whether to give episode 4 a chance or not.

-Minsc-

Sölf;222023531 said:
I actually really like the first season. Then the second season came along and destroyed everything that still was somewhat good within the first episode.
It is easy to see how people would get a buzzkill with the start of season two after the finale of the first. Can't say I wasn't disappointed when they
went the safe route and didn't kill off Inaho and Asseylum as it would have been an interesting enough twist to change the flavour of the series.

People like to complain about season 2 a lot. Will I understand the criticism, It is in no way as bad as people make it out to be. It's quite enjoyable.

I quickly shrugged it off and moved on. Despite my missed appointment, there's still more than enough to keep me engage.

Now, I can't say I find the silver lining 100% of the time. There's this one episode of Star Trek: Enterprise I walked away from half way through and never looked back (just the one episode, not the whole series). I'm sure Enterprise watchers can guess the episode.

Am i the only that feels like dropping drifters. Whole the action and visuals are nice, it's boring otherwise. I can't decide whether to give episode 4 a chance or not.

I gave episode 1 a try and as soon as I saw it was looking to be the same as Hellsing, I pretty much dropped it. I mean this is clearly not something that fit my tastes.

duckroll

Things better than anime this month:

- Titanfall 2
- Westworld
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- Dragon Quest VII

Things not better than anime this month:

- Jack Reacher Never Go Back
- Doctor Strange
- Luke Cage

Sölf;222023531 said:

That's pretty much how I feel as well. Good first half awful second.

Thud

- Titanfall 2
- Westworld
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- Dragon Quest VII

- Doctor Strange
- Luke Cage

Man, that sucks :(

I got tired of hellsing. Dropped the manga after 3 chapters. Anime is on the ignore list. There's too many things I rather watch.

-Minsc-

I gave episode 1 a try and as soon as I saw it was looking to be the same as Hellsing, I pretty much dropped it. I mean this is clearly not something that fit my tastes.

I find it scratches a certain itch for me. Like most say the comedy is generally "bleh" but the ridiculous gore and violence, combined with the mesh of fantasy and figures from earth's history, has it's appeal.

Ascheroth

- Titanfall 2
- Westworld
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- Dragon Quest VII

- Doctor Strange
- Luke Cage

Things better than anime next month:

- Xanadu Next
no idea what else is happening :p

Digimon Universe: Applil Monsters 5:
Another really enjoyable episode. Eri is basically how I thought she would be, and is a pretty entertaining character, both in her stage persona and during her more normal interactions, and I liked her interactions with Dokamon quite a bit. I liked how weirded out Haru and Gatchmon were by her at first, and even still near the end. She's definitely going to liven up the cast quite a bit. And next week already looks promising.

We're building up quite the plot in the background now, with the mysterious L Corporation that seems like it's representing Leviathan's goals in the human world (I wonder if those sunglasses guys from last episode work for them), and Rei is remaining a pretty mysterious character during his few scenes. I'm wondering how long it will take for all of this to come out into the daylight.

I quickly shrugged it off and moved on. Despite my missed appointment, there's still more than enough to keep me engage.
My feelings exactly!

I find it scratches a certain itch for me. Like most say the comedy is generally "bleh" but the ridiculous gore and violence, combined with the mesh of fantasy and figures from earth's history, has it's appeal.
I'm sure it has it's appeal, but like I said I did not like the gore and violence in Hellsing, not because I found it disgusting of anything, but more because I found it kinda boring and empty.

I pretty much knew going in I wouldn't like it, but since it was something HOT I decided to still give it a chance. It did not work.

Things better than anime next month:

- Xanadu Next
no idea what else is happening :p

Next month has a new SD gundam game with eng subs.

My body is ready!

caliph95

My feelings exactly!

I'm sure it has it's appeal, but like I said I did not like the gore and violence in Hellsing, not because I found it disgusting of anything, but more because I found it kinda boring and empty.

I pretty much knew going in I wouldn't like it, but since it was something HOT I decided to still give it a chance. It did not work.

Next month has a new SD gundam game with eng subs.

My body is ready!

I don't know why i'm not loving Drifters, i remember liking Hellsing but that's probably because i was still in my teens. Late teens but still.

Ascheroth

I don't know why i'm not loving Drifters, i remember liking Hellsing but that's probably because i was still in my teens. Late teens but still.

I like Hellsing but Drifters also leaves me cold. I dunno, the comedy is just so awful.

Izetta #4

Ffs, was that amount of fanservice really necessery *rolls eyes*. The magic explanation was interesting and their 'plan' for Izetta as well. Wonder how this will out.

phaze

It's a pretty poor show so far so not really.

Planetes 07

This sortie to the moon has been somewhat painful so far, with the episodic stories failing to make their mark but this was a return a form even if the veteran astronaut story was underdeveloped for want of time.

- Trails of Cold Steel 2

Best mecha anime since Gundam Build Fighters S1. I want a Valimar Gunpla.

So is the crazy girl a love interest now? That's like the only possible way I could pick that show back up.

I've thought of picking up BBK at some point once the mechs were revealed, but I was turned off of it by the way you described what a mess the plot was. I don't think the mecha aspect of the show was even revealed in any of the PVs or its plot descriptions before the first season aired.

Exalted

Izetta episode 5

I liked this episode much more than the last one, had less goofy scenes, and was more action heavy. Telling the world about Izetta went better that i anticipated , but the evil notnazis are already taking actions. Lots of good action scenes this time and those elite body guard were really something.

blurr

Hibike Euphonium S2 04

Well, there ends that. Quite a mess over one person's fears built over a misunderstanding, most of them were just afraid she would collapse over it and the rest of them weren't even aware of the fragility of the situation but that's also what kind of makes it compelling overall.
This arc clearly feels like a bump in the path than something more concrete they overcome and push forward, learning something new/finding a resolve. I did see them comment on questions like "what competitions are for" and "what do they play for" but they are just brief and something that probably doesn't require 4 episodes of drama to bring up.

I wonder what new drama will unfold now.

Fune wo Amu 03

Well, I was under the impression that the woman character would form some complex or ambiguous relationship with him but it turns out to be quite simple but in his case, a difficult one. Probably for the best.

Sterok

Shuumatsu no Izetta 5

I guess Izetta is completely okay with slaughtering enemy soldiers now. Clever plan to trick the enemy, but they got lucky with the location this time. The snipers managing to hit the guns is extremely impressive. I wonder what the viability of sending Izetta after the emperor is. If she can use magic in the Germanian capital she could theoretically assassinate him as long as she can get there and find him. Jonas is probably going to screw everything up.

Occultic;Nine 4

And we are back with he best duo, Yuta Gamon and Ryu-tas. While still troubling this episode gave me a few laughs, I really like the interactions of the group at the café. The intrigue this episode gets deeper and we can see Gamotan trying is hardest to deny all facts of occult possibilities since what happened to him. Ryu-tas may seem dumb and happy, but she knows! She knows!
50a5abd5135a6390c93b2561e563ec14.jpg
f4d7d363a51038a65b812c3c4a38c26e.jpg
487b10ac7de43f2416f7bc90e7f70b9c.jpg

We are also introduced to another member of the main cast. It's interesting to see what his relationship is with Aria(which is one fucked up girl dammn) and how the occult is actually present in this world.
c0025dca8b8a6039271086fff237ebdf.jpg

We finally also get to see that Sarai finally gets in contact with Yuta and the rope tightens around the kiri-kiri basara owners neck!
69dbdf4ae1aa4f870c85259b4e880266.jpg

A great episode, next week the best boy makes his return and comes visit the cafe! Go Moritsuka!

Also, it fun to see how each characters slowly come together.

Izetta The Last Witch - Episode 5
Damn it Jonas. You better keep your damn mouth shut.
Not that it'll likely matter, They are going to think he is the spy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom