• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardfight!! Vanguard G Stride Gate (engdub) Episode 49
Cwd7e3xXcAAxCeV.jpg:small

Deus Ex Machina Demiurge is the Hope we can believe in. Though I love the card still prefer Chrono's stuff.

This is a fantastic final fight of this season of cfvanguard G.

Ultimadrago

While you're here, you might dig this article about the show by an animation nerd: https://wavemotioncannon.com/2016/11/01/nichijou-raising-the-bar/

Yo Narag, thanks for the read.

You're alliiiiiiiiiiiive.

I kind of wish someone just uploaded that stuff to youtube. Or maybe they did and I just missed it. lol

Yeah, someone got on top of all the music, but not those yet. Time to commission!

Ultima lives~

Envelaap~ I still think about you, friend. I hope that anime is treating you well (and that you are treating anime roughly)!

zulux21

so I know I am slow... but I just looked at the drifters cast list and was really surprised to see Chris Patton on the list.

last I had talked to chris (two years ago) he didn't have anything good to say about funimation... and said he would never work with them again.

I eventually got him to confirm that he would be willing to go back to work with them if a new full metal panic series came out and they were dubbing it and wanted him back to play sousuke.

it seems he had played some other roles for funimation recently (small parts on dimension w and prince of stride) all of which came out at least a few months after October 24, 2015 (when the new fmp series was announced).

so i wonder if he read about the new FMP series and instantly went to go make peace with funimation to make sure they were on good terms for when funimation got FMP.

With the announcement of the DB Super dub being made and getting back in the dragon ball hype train after 20ish hours into xenoverse 2 I gotta ask. In what order is Battle of Gods and Resurrection F watched? I assume it's the order I'm describing?

pbayne

I wonder if Free still sells, or the other Fujoshi franchises stole its thunder. The movie IIRC didn't do as well as they predicted, then again, it was missing half of the cast.

And de-aged the cast to 10 or something. Seems backwards when the manservice was one of the shows key selling points.
I dunno. Maybe im underestimating how lucrative the shota market is?

Assuming they are still laid about in a retail storage closet for selling years from now, I'll probably still Indiana Jones for the rest of the JP collection. Man, the location scout footage is so strange though, it's just the seiyuu walking around empty lots of Japan in some of them! Or perhaps that was a different feature video. Haha

Let me know if you want me to pick you up some next time I'm in Japan ;p

JulianImp

Kizu part 2 needs to have its Canada theater details up already so I can make time for it :S

And I happen to leave Japan just a couple days before the BDs hit stores, sigh... I also wish I'd be able to stick around for longer, because I'll be missing out on Part 3 by just a month.

I still haven't watched my copy of Kizu 1 on commentary mode yet, but I'm really looking up to it. It actually was one of the main reasons behind my purchase of a USB BD drive.

Mailbox

Believe in 2017!

it'll probably be around 6 months or some shit :/
If its in april i'll just go ahead and consider it a Birthday present. Its a good thing that the ticket pricing for Kizu part 1 were surprisingly cheap.

Speaking of which, I have a story to tell about when I saw Kizu part 1 (excuse me if I've already said it before):

Kizu was playing in only 1 theater and was originally meant for 1 showtime (it later got extended for a couple of showtimes over 2 days in a very very small theater here) but myself and a bunch of friends just decided to make a day of the original posted showtime. So I'm waiting for the last guy to come, and I notice this elderly lady come in and she seems quite out of breath. I'm in line getting popcorn while I wait, and I decide to be a bit chummy and ask how she got here. She took the skytrain from fairly far away, further than I came from by car. Very nice old lady tbh. So it shocked me outright when she was mentioning to the cashier that she got a popcorn and soda package deal for "the japanese animated movie that's playing today" (no other movies were anime that day). In my head I was really just surprised, seeing this gentle looking old lady about to see this movie where I know the first shot is gonna have something to do with panties (Bake literally starts out with a panty shot, and Kizu extends that scene.) but I also knew that unless you keep tabs on things, you would have ZERO idea this movie was showing at those times in that specific theater. The only conclusion that I could have come to was that she really wanted to see this specific movie. Maybe she was an animation buff? Maybe she saw a trailer somewhere? Maybe she was actually into these kinds of movies? I mean, not even I would have taken an almost 2 hour skytrain ride just to see an hour long film. I guess I was too surprised to ask and just bid her a good day and we parted ways amicably and i went to wait with my other friends as we still waited for the guy who was late. I didn't get to see her reaction or how she felt about the movie afterwards, but I didn't hear anything overly negative other than the movie was too short, so maybe she didn't mind... maybe...

either way, stuff like that makes me happy. Seeing someone put passion into something just to experience it. It also reminded me that people who like anime aren't just stereotypical "fedora-wearing neck-beards" (though there were actually shocking amounts of people there that fit that mold...) and that fans (or at least people who are interested) come in all shapes and sizes. I hope to be even more so reminded of this next Saturday (the 12th) when I go to a convention that's happening in Vancouver.

A part of me hopes to see that old lady again when Kizu part 2 is in theaters here :)

Szadek

Smile Precure! - Ep. 25
The show is back to the monster of the week formula, but I don't really mind that.
It was a good episode. Who woud have thought that there is such a rivalry between Sunny and March?
Well, at least Peace and candy were having fun.
The fight against the Super Ice Cream Akanbe was pretty neat as well.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi - Ep. 5
I'm not a huge fan of the show, but this episode was cute.
Blue haired girls is finally getting her powers as well.

Cowboy Bebop - Ep. 1
About time that I get to this one.This was a very good start.
It did a good job at introducting the characters and the world while also telling a decent story.
The action scene were also very well done.

Mai-HiME - Ep. 1
It took a while until the episode got rolling, but once it did it was pretty damn good.
I'm not enterly sold on the show yet, but it certianly got my attention.

-Minsc-

I don't think it's up anymOh here it is.

There's also this one, but I'll miss the A-ha Take on Me AMV set to that one particular run with almost no editing.

Nichijou is so visually stimulating, in a good way. Then there's comedy. I may actually dip into my eventual Christmas funds so I don't have to resort to illicit means to experience this show in it's entirety.

I'll pretend this is a reference to

zbv728k.jpg

UNiHbkr.jpg

Does me having been around on IGN to experience the origin of that make me old yet?

Kiss Him, Not Me Episode 5 – Back to My Original Self! What Should I Do?
Cwf-EUXXcAAum8e.jpg:small
CwgAp5dXAAAwQ_l.jpg:small

My NanaShi ship gets so much love in the anime. Nana is also best boy too so that makes it even better since he, with support from Shino, keep having all these great moments.

BL points reward card was the best idea, but the stuff shouldnt have happened off screen.
CwgBSYRXgAEX40Z.jpg:small

JulianImp

Kiss Him, Not Me #4

By gawd, Sawashiro basically made the whole show her bitch in about half an episode... this is just too perfect. This show has just run away with my Best Surprise Yuri Of All Time award.

It has basically hijacked "girl has crazy BL delusions with her sudden harem" and turned it into "audence has crazy yuri delusions with the MC and Sawashiro". Sasuga Sawashiro-sama, when she isn't your ero-slave she's actually the one running the business.

Time Bokan 24 Episode 6 – Shibuya's Hachiko Was Actually a Bee!

I love doing their time bokan 24 pose, so fun.

Not the funniest episode, but I loved the moment when they realized it was a bee.

Glad we come back to North America next week, still wont top the Outer Banks, NC episode.

JulianImp

Girlish Number #4

I lost it at the disgruntled spectators tweeting screencaps of the awfully-drawn faces. Gotta see how long Chitose can keep going while the show does a Jiggly Jiggly Heaven.

Bloodivores Episode 6 – Choices

Win Chao drama and development as well as the detective parts are the more interesting plots. The other action going on and some of Mie Luo moments could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom