• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each day Crunchyroll doesn't confirm them picking up Keijo!!! is slowing killing me inside....though maybe because its R+ due to moves like the nipple iaido (....I'm not going to explain this) they won't be airing it.

Fate/Stay Nights: Unlimited Blade Works

Is it just me, or is the male protagonist like the worst? I keep hoping he dies during the many times he should have, and the much more interesting female one takes over.

Otherwise, this show is ass. I have seen it praised for its action, but I see nothing impressive here.

Emiya Shirou? I don't think he's absoultely terrible but the way Fate/Stay Night Splits up its characters across the routes is problematic in ways VNs like Stein's Gate or Higurashi work around. Emiya suffers the most for it unfortunately. That being said, the original Fate/Stay Night is rather all over the place tonally. It's rather Bizarre for a Death Game setting.

It definitely is notable after a pretty solid and consistent Anti hero in Kiritsugu from Fate/Zero. Gen Urobuchi clearly loves putting together interesting dialogues and complex webs of relationships and is rather talented in keeping them consistent in the setting.

Narag

Each day Crunchyroll doesn't confirm them picking up Keijo!!! is slowing killing me inside....though maybe because its R+ due to moves like the nipple iaido (....I'm not going to explain this) they won't be airing it.

Maybe it'll get the Manyuu Hikenchou treatment:

gNnaIE9.jpg

So question, as a Canadian i'm pretty much screwed if I want to watch Kizumonogatari Part 2 when it comes out later this month... right?

Chihayafuru S2 3

The back half of the episode was weirdly considerably more creative in its visual presentation than the first half. The last scene with the Queen (no longer fat, sadly) thinking about Arata was particularly well done.

zulux21

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku 1

the actual episode was just set up, and it wasn't horrible so I will watch a bit more, but i don't currently have high hopes.

that being said... the ending song is already in the running for ending of the year for me. (the video itself isn't amazing, but I really like the song)

all the youtube links have been taken down that I could quickly find so..

dailymotion link to the ending note the tumbnails on dailymotion may not be safe for work

Cornbread78

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku 1
the actual episode was just set up, and it wasn't horrible so I will watch a bit more, but i don't currently have high hopes.
that being said... the ending song is already in the running for ending of the year for me. (the video itself isn't amazing, but I really like the song)
all the youtube links have been taken down that I could quickly find so..
dailymotion link to the ending note the tumbnails on dailymotion may not be safe for work

Looks like the show picks right up next week. Also, yeah, that ED is awesone stuff.

Cornbread78

The source material is a light novel, so it really doesn't make much of a diference if you think that way, lol. We rarely get second seasons of LN stuff anyway.

As for if it's worth it... I don't remember all of it and Kaze no Stigma was one of the first anime I ever watched, so my standards weren't really high at the time, but I remember enjoying it. I found it by looking for Avatar: The Last Airbender-type shows and while it most certainly doesn't come close, it was fine. And like I said, I don't remember it ending in major cliffhangers.

I'd say so, yes. While the story is certainly incomplete, the anime does have a rather natural ending point.

Sounds good. I'll keep giving it a slow watch.

Sölf

Izetta 01
Well, that started out nicely. Because I am German I will have double the fun with this show and either applaud when they get the grammar right or cringe hard the rest of the time. So far nothing completely bad, but eh. We'll see.

Line_HTX

Why this that girl fucking with a bear? She is lucky she's a good runner and climber!

Good enough to leapfrog Thoraxes!

Sölf;218893349 said:
Izetta 01
Well, that started out nicely. Because I am German I will have double the fun with this show and either applaud when they get the grammar right or cringe hard the rest of the time. So far nothing completely bad, but eh. We'll see.

Just wondering, do you like operas?

Szadek

Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru -Ep. 1
I have the feeling that this show isn't for me, but for all the boy love fans out there.
Guess I will have to wait for the other Touken Ranbu anime made by ufotable .

Clov

Another member of the Canadian club here! It really sucks how we don't get a lot of Aniplex stuff in theaters over here anymore. They used to be better at theatrical events in Canada than this.

Count me as one of the fellow Canadian-folks in here as well that won't be watching Kizu Part 2 when it comes out.

Though really this is neither a positive or negative for me since I've never really gotten into the Monogatari franchise.

Line_HTX

Since it looks like Autumn is packed on Saturdays, I'll just go to the Sunday showing of Kizu Part 2 on the 23rd.

\o/

Monster Hunter stories #1

Bad CG monster,but way too lovely character designs to drop. I also love their dynamic, made me smile all the way through.

Touken Ranbu #1

Great character design, funny, a cool setting and a fantastic dynamic between everyone. I'm in.

Time Bokan 24 #1

Great character design, funny and colourful. I really liked this episode! I'm in

Izetta the last witch #1

Great designs everywhere, a super nice setting and god damn I love the art. Great episode too! I'm in!

-----------------------

Also add me to the Canadian people +1

It's a shame we barely get any anime film anymore. And when we get something cool(Godzilla) they have to put all 3 dates on exam days...eh :(

blurr

This article talks about the basics of what art and photography entail in a modern anime production. The simple difference is that an art director is in charge of the backgrounds whereas the director of photography is in charge of the composite - bringing together all the various elements of the image (2D animation, CG, backgrounds, etc.) into a finished whole and applying various digital postprocessing techniques. They're very different jobs.

Funny I just started reading part 1 of the article today at work but got distracted and played some GDC presentations. Should get back to it.

first images from the Bleach movie

this look really...stupid.

LMAO I missed the part where you mentioned it was Bleach movie and I thought it was some cosplay convention - was wondering why the only picture you took was a mediocre Ichigo one.

Is it just me, or is the male protagonist like the worst? I keep hoping he dies during the many times he should have, and the much more interesting female one takes over.

Otherwise, this show is ass. I have seen it praised for its action, but I see nothing impressive here.

If you think he's bad here, then don't go near the original Fate/Stay Night series.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Which one is the interesting female?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My most missed posted.
You ruined the show for me~

Chihayafuru S2 3

The back half of the episode was weirdly considerably more creative in its visual presentation than the first half. The last scene with the Queen (no longer fat, sadly) thinking about Arata was particularly well done.
I still have the theme as my ringtone, so I think about how the show is missed opportunity the rare times my phone rings or when I set my alarm.

The Queen x Arata x Chihaya triangle could have been an interesting counterpart to the go-nowhere Arata x Chihaya x Taichi triangle, but yeah.

I like how every male character in the wider main cast is ugly. Like the author tries to avoid every shipping ideas which aren't Arata and Taichi.

Cornbread78

What Yuri bait? It just didn't exist, riiiiight?

always great to watch them walk away, right?
n8ZwUcD.jpg

tumblr_o1ja4mL6ca1sqhzkfo1_540.gif

She's already replacing the typical LN love interest with this panty shot tease:
tumblr_o084hr8QJi1qbg64ao1_540.gif

And the moment this place went into a frenzy:
tumblr_o8ysqvkrp91r717c6o4_500.gif

And the PV is already pushing it for next season::
tumblr_odafnlTpbK1qimk8ao2_540.gif

So yeah, no Yuri baiting at all....

phaze

what

I feel like you have way too high standards if something like this is not impressive to you. That entire episode is more or less 20 minutes of continuous action, you don't see that often in anime. UBW has some of the finest effects animation scenes in existence ( though that may be mostly in second half) and quite a bit of well choreographed action, especially in its first half.

Hakaba Kitarou 01
020399iajr6.jpg
020415f2ktc.jpg
020456twkcn.jpg
02045541jpt.jpg

Otaking BTFO.

My major complaint here would be the pacing, a lot of scenes flowed way too fast making the episode feel rushed. I hope that's just the case for the opening episode that needs to set up Kitarou rather the the show's default modus operandi. Other than that, godtier art direction and fun premise (I din't expect Kitarou to be such a dick) though the writing still has to prove itself and the tone seems somewhat weird, not sure how to even describe it, it's like a mix of black comedy (is what I'd call it) and genuine attempts at horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom