• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really feel that way, I don't recommend watching Rebellion.

It's delightfully artistic and has some great moments but if you're content, no reason to go forward. My experience with the show was different as I couldn't quite reconcile Homura being ok with how things ended so it was very welcome for me.

Yea, I was quite fine with the way it ended tbh. Sure, so many cycles, it was a bit surprising to see Homura accept it but on the other hand she almost fell into despair before Madoka made her wish. I saw the ending as her finally coming to terms with it. In my head I also see it as the fulfilment of her "real" wish, being recognized by Madoka. But maybe that's just me.

the only way you get the true end tho

Eh. not feeling a huge desire to see it. One day, maybe.

Cornbread78

I loved the whole man vs. god like machines theme of Heavy Object's first 3 episodes. More shows need to be about normal people defeating extraordinary things. Unfortunately Heavy Object's main characters had Aldnoah-ish power creep :(

Give Gate a shot for modern military vs. Medival soldiers action. It does have a 1,000 year old loli, however, she is a badass, lol.

And it works the opposite way, but it is a spectacle to behold, lol.

Just enjoy being a anime hipster.

I don't think hipster works for my style, lol

Quasar

I don't think hipster works for my style, lol

:)

Certainly I'm also one who doesn't share the most common tastes here. Thankfully I'm comfortable enough in my own skin that I don't need to fight battles over media I like. I reconciled myself to the fact that not everyone shares my rarefied tastes in media. I don't hold that against them.

JulianImp

I would if they release it in this stupid ass country.

I've got to thanl Crunchyroll for existing, since anime distribution in Argentina is downright non-existent. We do get a random movie here and there, but just a couple.

And of course Kizu will never happen back at home, so my best bet to actually get to watch Part 3 will be to import the BDs from Japan once they release on the later half of next year... sigh.

From

GJTiVJS.jpg

to

jonjonaug

Is it really worth watching? The anime already ends on an acceptable note.

Rebellion tramples over the ending and themes of the series like a tank and the series absolutely didn't need a sequel. But it's also one of the best anime films I've ever seen. It's good to think of it as a separate work that stems from Madoka instead of a proper sequel, even if it is a thing that takes place after the events of the series. It aims for different things and has different themes.

jonjonaug

Occultic;Nine 1-6: Finally got around to watching this, not nearly as confusing or hard to follow as I was led to believe. Good stuff too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Love Him Not Me

GTpPNILl.jpg

I swear this is show that only exists for Sawashiro and Kobayashi fanboys. It's just the two actresses freaking out now, which is fine by me.

jonjonaug

So apparently Aoi Yuuki is going to voice the MC in the Youjo Senki adaptation. The art that we've seen may be horrid, but this just went up to the top of my "must watch" list for next season.

Quasar

Love Him Not Me

GTpPNILl.jpg

I swear this is show that only exists for Sawashiro and Kobayashi fanboys. It's just the two actresses freaking out now, which is fine by me.

I had dropped it, but dropped back in for the shipping episode. Well worth it. Might have to stick around.

Quasar

So the GitS live action nonsense has reminded me I still haven't seen Stand Alone Complex or Arise. This might be the time. Should I rewatch GitS and Innocence first?

TUSR

Banned
I forgot RIN-NE got a second season, 50 episodes.

iirc DTL was the only one posting about the show, is it worth continuing?

Just finished the king piccolo arc. I'll probably be finished with the original show by mid this week.

Might even rewatch dragon ball z since I've never truly rewatched it the whole way through.

What was the name of the reedited version again? Where they cut out on unnecessary shit to make arcs go faster?

TUSR

Banned
Hibike! Euphonium Season 2

Finally starting this, made it ~10 minutes into the first episode.

Previously it was discussed that the VAs were instructed to speak differently, im trying to find the source of that. Reina's change in tone is really interesting and I'd like to read more on it if anything is available.

Just finished the king piccolo arc. I'll probably be finished with the original show by mid this week.

Might even rewatch dragon ball z since I've never truly rewatched it the whole way through.

What was the name of the reedited version again? Where they cut out on unnecessary shit to make arcs go faster?

Kai but I don't think most people would recommend it

SHarris78

Are there any feel good shows on Crunchyroll similar to Love Live, Non Non Byori, Sound Euphonium, Flying Witch. I'm keeping myself busy with Flip Flappers and Keijo (what's that all about!) but they're not my preferred type of shows.

Are there any feel good shows on Crunchyroll similar to Love Live, Non Non Byori, Sound Euphonium, Flying Witch. I'm keeping myself busy with Flip Flappers and Keijo (what's that all about!) but they're not my preferred type of shows.

Barakamon is on CR I think, The Idolm@ster, Yuru Yuri, Squid Girl.

Szadek

Mai-HiME Ep. 8
That was quite the interesting plot development and as well as being quite sad.
Miyu is a reboot and apperently tasked to destroy HiME, however she was saying something about testing them.
Apperently she works for "Searrs. For the Golden Millennium".
That raises many questions such as:
Who are they and what do they want?
Why are theytrying to stop the HiME?

This episode also told us tha tif a HiME loses, the person they care about the most dies.
So... who is that for each HiME?

Smile Precure! - Ep. 33
The episode was alright. I didn't like too much until the fight where Candy of all people saved them.

Verelios

Koufuki Graffiti and Sansha Sanyou gave me NNB vibes, but they're too, uh, 'cute' for my taste.

TUSR

Banned
Izetta: The Last Witch Episode 5

dropped

the convenience of the whole spy situation strained my eyes as they rolled into my skull

Szadek

Cowboy Bebop - Ep. 6
This episode was really stupid.
So, ok that one guy can't age and is forever a kid, but why the fuck is he invulnerable?

I forgot RIN-NE got a second season, 50 episodes.

iirc DTL was the only one posting about the show, is it worth continuing?

Yes its hilarious constantly when ageha, rokudou, tsubasa, and mamiya sakura are all together and the extended cast are consistently enjoyable.

Dont forget its getting another season

Qurupeke

Izetta: The Last Witch Episode 5

dropped

the convenience of the whole spy situation strained my eyes as they rolled into my skull

I don't know if this will change your mind, but the spy plot is kind of shoehorned in the story. It barely matters and there's a fast resolution.

Cornbread78

I think a different guy will infiltrate Fine's army, the whole thing with Jonas and the spy is over.

yeah, Jonas is definitely dead, lol. They know there is a spy as well, but the show never followed up on it until the Germanians mentioned he was still alive

pbayne

Majestic Prince was like an 80's Arnie movie. The characters and plot were just props to move between different action set pieces.

That's why i love the last 5-6 episodes were they just say fuck it, give up any pretense of having a story and just have unfiltered action scholk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom