• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Izetta - #2-4
(I keep misspelling it as "Izzeta" due to the MtG guild)
Continues to be decent. I really appreciate that Izetta has a weak point to avoid the dungeon bypass as proposed by the German special squad guy.

Still, I definitely wasn't expecting this kind of show to show the girls naked or in suggestive situations in almost every episode so far... like, seriously, we could've done without the reporter girl taking utmost care in "measuring" Izzeta and Fine's three sizes, Izetta's bath scene with the maid or Fine's very own bathing scene in the first episode (and let's not forget Izetta's naked silhouette during the opening).

I also fear the young soldier with glasses might end up becoming too relevant for his own good. He's been in the two battles Izetta has taken part in so far, and he even got to overhear a conversation between high-ranking officials concerning a secret of state... I think he might become a weak point that could allow the German spy to learn of Izetta's weakness and turn the tides in Germany's favor.

duckroll

It took a whole day but I just realized there's a HUGE plot hole in Your Name. Lol.

(Massive spoilers)

Considering how they were switching places for weeks, and they were using each other's phones, even writing diary entries, etc, how is it possible that one or both of them didn't notice the year difference in all this time? It doesn't seem plausible... lol.

JulianImp

It took a whole day but I just realized there's a HUGE plot hole in Your Name. Lol.

(Massive spoilers)

Considering how they were switching places for weeks, and they were using each other's phones, even writing diary entries, etc, how is it possible that one or both of them didn't notice the year difference in all this time? It doesn't seem plausible... lol.

Welp. I think
it takes an awful number of years for the weekdays and numbers to match between two separate ones
, right?

I kind of forgot all about
the dang meteor that showed up in the beginning
and was mostly expecting something more akin to Kokoro Connect until the aforementioned point was made relevant.

Twin Star Exorcists Episode 33 – The Master Repays a Favor - I Want You To Eat Me

The anime keeps adding some of my favorite VAs. KENN already came in the previous arc, then I just realized Lynn is in this, and then today Hiro Shimono had multiple speaking roles. This is amazing.

Great arc start too. Shimon is back.
Cx9QBdeWgAA8k0m.jpg:small
Cx9SlZVWgAUkUI3.jpg:small

Twin star exorcist 33

This was a good episode, we had more Shimon(the best TSE character) and a good chuck of backstory and character development for the Twelve guardians.

One thing that did bug me, was the girl pair backstory did feel forced and oh boy that screaming thing is starting to get on my nerves.

But at this point the cool Basaras from the manga(and the fight that comes with it) probably won't ever see the light. A real shame.

Bungo Stray Dogs 20

This show is really great action stuff, the animation is top, the colors are perfect and the music is awesome. Great stuff, can't wait for next week!

duckroll

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Exodus - Episode 2-3

This franchise really does get better and better. Exodus feels like a fully realized series of the potential of Fafner's concept. It's really unbelievable. I like how the long form format here allows them to really allow characters and developments to breath, something Heaven and Earth struggled with as a film. It's interesting to see the viewpoint of people from outside the island, and how they view Kazuki and the island itself. One thing I think the direction is very successful at here is putting the audience in the same mindset as those on the island - everything being talked about here sounds too good to be true, and while these newcomers seem like really nice people, it feels like there has to be a catch. That ominous feeling isn't helped by Soshi's monologues either, lol.

My favorite thing in these two episodes have to be the containment suits they use when exploring the lower depths. There's something super sexy about the design. Can't believe Fafner art got this good.

Syrinx

Euphonium S2 7

Asuka: "I'm not going to anything to cause anyone worry".

*proceeds to disappear off the face of the earth and cause significant worry.*

I get that she's dealing with significant issues right now and I think her bandmates respect that, but her extreme aversion to conflict and giving a straight answer to anybody has really started to do harm to the band, and Kumiko or Haruka or Natsuki; anybody really, needs to confront her and call her out on it.

Also I haven't given one-fifteenth of a shit about Kumiko's sister up to this point and I really, really don't want to have to start now.

phaze

To be Hero 08

Was that a Soma parody at the beginning ? After two weaker eps this was yet again firing on all cylinders, with density of great lines and gags not giving you a moment of rest. Greatest comedy since D-Frag.

Jex

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Exodus - Episode 2-3

This franchise really does get better and better. Exodus feels like a fully realized series of the potential of Fafner's concept. It's really unbelievable. I like how the long form format here allows them to really allow characters and developments to breath, something Heaven and Earth struggled with as a film. It's interesting to see the viewpoint of people from outside the island, and how they view Kazuki and the island itself. One thing I think the direction is very successful at here is putting the audience in the same mindset as those on the island - everything being talked about here sounds too good to be true, and while these newcomers seem like really nice people, it feels like there has to be a catch. That ominous feeling isn't helped by Soshi's monologues either, lol.

My favorite thing in these two episodes have to be the containment suits they use when exploring the lower depths. There's something super sexy about the design. Can't believe Fafner art got this good.
I see that you have found the light. The reward for believing. The realisation of hope.

Sengoku Basara 10

Why even bother having huge armies if the generals end up deciding everything by themselves anyway? Seems like a waste.

I'm an idiot so sure I'll give them another chance to disappoint me.

I knew Crimson Moon had a shaky chance of being good from the moment the staff were revealed, so once the staff of the new Garo are revealed that should be a good indication of how much we can hope for. In any case, the Garo movie which we know is good is getting its BD release in about another week, so we have that to look forward to.

I see that you have found the light. The reward for believing. The realisation of hope.

I'm glad Jarmel posted those sexy UI shots from Exodus back when he was going through it.

Your post reminds me of the thread from a few days ago of Eva's UIs and alert screens. I think all of those were so awesome and memorable. Crazy how something one could simply half-ass and dismiss as unimportant turned out to be so well crafted.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 8:

This season really doesn't have anything in the tank outside of the concert performances as it continues to spin its wheels on the way to The Nationals. That is to say it has just gone all in on all of this external drama and while it is important in an overall sense in relation to the concert band it isn't compelling at all in its own right. Basically I have not given a shit about Kumiko's sister and this forced drama thrusting her into the spotlight isn't changing that.

Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 8:

This season really doesn't have anything in the tank outside of the concert performances as it continues to spin its wheels on the way to The Nationals. That is to say it has just gone all in on all of this external drama and while it is important in an overall sense in relation to the concert band it isn't compelling at all in its own right. Basically I have not given a shit about Kumiko's sister and this forced drama thrusting her into the spotlight isn't changing that.

Ugh. Goddamnit. Season 2 has been such a bummer for me.

Sound! Euphonium S2 8:
0/10, not enough Yuko

This was a decent episode, but I honestly just don't particularly care much about Kumiko's relationship with her sister. It just hasn't been developed enough in the show to this point, so it feels like it's distracting from the overall show rather than adding to it. I would prefer to see the show get back to focusing on the concert band rather than having this whole side story thrown in. I did think that Shuichi's scenes in this episode were pretty good, but overall I think it was on the weaker end of Euphonium's general range.

duckroll

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Exodus - Episode 4-5

Damn, this is really good stuff. Not only is there a ton of care put into developing the characters and the process of preparing for this risky new mission, but I really appreciate how Ubukata uses completely minor characters to expand the setting and make it feel like something that is truly alive. It would be easy to continue a generational scifi story by simply building on connections the main characters have since everyone remembers them first, but it is something else to build new characters by connecting them to minor side characters who had almost no screen time.

There was barely any time in Right of Left to know any of the other pilots on the mission, yet knowing now that one of the pilots had a younger brother who is now going to be a much more successful pilot really creates this sense that there's an island filled with different families, not everyone becomes a pilot, but if they do it is both a blessing and a curse.

That action sequence in episode 5 was just showing off though. Since when did the show's directors get so good at storyboarding action anyway? I remember when the Fafners barely moved at all, and all the combat was done in slow "tactical" ways because there's one Festum at a time and it always had predictable movements. Lol.

I'm almost afraid to see where the series is going to go next though, since they have finally departed. Soshi's ominous warnings aside, the worst feeling in Fafner is when everything is going right and things actually seem happy for several episodes in a row. There's gotta be a massive catch. :(

jonjonaug

Yuri on Ice 8: I had to pause after laughing too hard when both Victor and Yuri were like "damn that's hot" after seeing Yurio's getup.

phaze

I think I need to start watching Pokémon Generation and catch up on Gintama.

I also need to finish Handa-kun....

Look what the cat dragged in.

Eupho S2 08
Glad that Asuka stuff isn't done with as it seemed to me after the last ep and that there is more stuff on that front coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom