• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

I'm almost temped to post about this anime in the Reading thread.
If I didn't know what look anime fans get outside of here.

kYxrZZx.jpg

ofXltwj.jpg

This is a thing that happens? Never heard of it, I do have a knack for finding old receipts I guess, tho'.

I'm almost temped to post about this anime in the Reading thread.
If I didn't know what look anime fans get outside of here.

This is a thing that happens? Never heard of it, I do have a knack for finding old receipts I guess, tho'.

Maybe I should do that the next time I go to a used bookstore. Though I only go to the poetry section to get Emily Dickinson stuff.

Line_HTX

No opinion on Re Zero? i know it was fairly popular but i wasn't following anime much at the time. Does it at least has a satisfying end?

Oh, that's what you were talking about. Damn food messing up my thinking.

I think it's OK for the most part. I'm not sure if a stopping point is what you would call a satisfying end, since there could be more, but who knows?

Jex

It took a whole day but I just realized there's a HUGE plot hole in Your Name. Lol.

(Massive spoilers)

Considering how they were switching places for weeks, and they were using each other's phones, even writing diary entries, etc, how is it possible that one or both of them didn't notice the year difference in all this time? It doesn't seem plausible... lol.

I noticed that while watching the film. Ofc there's plenty of problems with the script, but that's one of the biggest.

I share your pain...hopefully the few movie that should come to Canada in early 2017 will actualy play near me...like Montreal near.

All I can say is: L-O-L.

Join me on the wait for the Blu-Rays cuz neither you or anyone anywhere in here is getting shit. Go ask TUSR and he will tell you first hand. Anime film drought is real in here.

Just dropping in to say that the God Eater Resurrection opening is amazing and that I can't stop watching it.

Also I remember at some point to have seen a short anime of god eater a few years ago, with like aragami invading. But I just can't seem to find it, and I'm pretty sure I'm not miss-remembering stuff.

Aki-at

Girlish Number - 1

Well I definitely wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. I was expecting this to be almost a fan service like show for some reason but that image of the main girl getting bombard with hateful comments piqued my interest. It's alot more cynical than I thought it would be with characters like Shibasaki and a bunch of feisty women willing to rip into each other if they didn't have to uphold the charade of being friendly publicly. Chitose face reactions are golden, I feel bad for her brother already.

I've actually been meaning to pick Girlish Number up, give it a shot. Maybe I'll do that right now. I've noticed that those who are watching it seem to like it quite a bit

JulianImp

All I can say is: L-O-L.

Join me on the wait for the Blu-Rays cuz neither you or anyone anywhere in here is getting shit. Go ask TUSR and he will tell you first hand. Anime film drought is real in here.

name, please. Delays or not, be thankful you're eventually getting the Monogatari films. Argentina barely gets anything anime released in cinemas. We're at a freaking anime desert, where not even blurays tend to arrive locally... a couple years ago I got the JP/ESP DVD release of Cowboy Bebop in a cruddy case, Eva Rebuild 1.0-3.0 and that's all. Not even freaking Ghibli BDs make their way around here most of the time.

The last Ghibli film a friend told me was shown in local theaters was Ponyo.

We probably won't even get Your Name locally unless a miracle does happen (still glad I watched it in Japan), but we did get that movie of the boy and the beast about half a year ago, I think. The only anime movie I remember us getting earlier than the US was DBZ Battle of the Gods, because DB's probably way more popular around here than in the US.

Dio

Banned
http://tsugumomo.com/

Look what's getting adapted, y'all.

Unless this has One Punch Man/Mob Psycho level animation for some of those incredible fight scenes from the manga, I think I'll be inevitably disappointed. Some of the art is incredible in this.

Jarmel

Banned
http://tsugumomo.com/

Look what's getting adapted, y'all.

Unless this has One Punch Man/Mob Psycho level animation for some of those incredible fight scenes from the manga, I think I'll be inevitably disappointed. Some of the art is incredible in this.

God those character designs got taken to the wood chipper. Looks like AIC or something.

JulianImp

I've actually been meaning to pick Girlish Number up, give it a shot. Maybe I'll do that right now. I've noticed that those who are watching it seem to like it quite a bit

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. Not a groundbreaking show by any means, but it's still a pretty fun watch. The comedy's decent, chraracter interactions aren't a pain to sit through, and seeing a show themed around the production of an anime that's bombing hard is fresh as well.

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. Not a groundbreaking show by any means, but it's still a pretty fun watch. The comedy's decent, chraracter interactions aren't a pain to sit through, and seeing a show themed around the production of an anime that's bombing hard is fresh as well.

Episode 1 was quite fun. Going straight into episode 2 as I type this. Shirobako this ain't, but heck if it doesn't show quite the interesting side of this industry, which ultimately is I guess the same as any other job, with the whole fakeness and whatnot.

Dio

Banned
For comparison:

Pretty rare for an anime key visual to so blatantly rip off a source image like this. Coloring though went straight down the shitter.

That's a big red flag for me, too. The manga is beautiful and the artist is fantastic at not only making great action sequences with nice flow and kinetic feeling, he's also great at general musculature and doing proportions and actual proper looking bodies. It's clear he has life drawing experience. I get the feeling this is going to be yet another crap cashgrab anime adaptation.

Jarmel

Banned
That's a big red flag for me, too. The manga is beautiful and the artist is fantastic at not only making great action sequences with nice flow and kinetic feeling, he's also great at general musculature and doing proportions and actual proper looking bodies. It's clear he has life drawing experience. I get the feeling this is going to be yet another crap cashgrab anime adaptation.

Look at how the legs are drawn in the two images. There's like zero muscle tone in the anime version. Also all the anime characters being pasty white doesn't help the issue.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Flip Flappers Episode 8:

SO it looks like Yayaka is about ready to make her face turn because of tusndere reasons? Seriously, her motivations have been so vague and unanswered that I have no reason to care about her alignment. If I had to guess she is making a face turn because she too is in love with Cocona but that just belies the question of why she is working with, let us say, Team Evil, in the first place. More clarity was needed by this point.

Look at how the legs are drawn in the two images. There's like zero muscle tone in the anime version. Also all the anime characters being pasty white doesn't help the issue.

The shading the manga visual has isn't ideal for animation. That said, the anime visual is not particularly well drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom