• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
God those character designs got taken to the wood chipper. Looks like AIC or something.

This is one of those series where I look at the canon hair colors and think "What the fuck" like with Medaka Box.

Anyway, Tsugumomo has fucking amazing fights and choreography and extreme detail given to muscle and stuff but its also 200x more problematic™ then Monogatari, To Love Ru and Prisma Ilya so nobody should even watch it anyway. Like...if it ends up good you should probably watch a sakuga AMV of it.

The Great Passage 7

How has Toshimasa Kuroyanagi become so high level? His storyboard here is insanely ambitious for this kind of material, from unusual slanted camera angles to complex layered paneling to meaningful closeups to more touches of visual fantasy. That, plus an episode that fully takes advantage of the serialized TV format including episode title and ED to tell its story, just kind of bowls me over. How did this get made?

Girlish Number - 02-03

Garbage truck on fire is incoming, and oh it's going to be so glorious. Shitty director, shitty producer, awkward creator, terrible and newbie voice actors... Ruthless criticism of the industry, or all of it just done for comedy's sake? Take your pick.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Keijo!!!!!!!! Episode 8:

In this episode Keijo decides to dabble in one of the most well worn cliches I can think of as we The West are the plucky underdogs who are going up against the favored rich and arrogant team and I don't think anybody is going to win an award in delineating how this is going to unfold in terms of storyline. Though it is the execution that is the concern here and I do have to admit I was entertained that an all out shonen ass brawl was about to happen as a result of the trash talking.

This is one of those series where I look at the canon hair colors and think "What the fuck" like with Medaka Box.

Anyway, Tsugumomo has fucking amazing fights and choreography and extreme detail given to muscle and stuff but its also 200x more problematic™ then Monogatari, To Love Ru and Prisma Ilya so nobody should even watch it anyway. Like...if it ends up good you should probably watch a sakuga AMV of it.

A 1:1 adaptation would just have most of the screen blacked out for a lot of scenes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Texhnolyze 1

Is ABe on speed dial for these kinds of productions?

Narag

They certain have their place in selling a show. I initially watched Princess Tutu because of that "What I watched..." image.

Joe Molotov

I watched Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo because of this gif:

0xS4O76.gif

Keijo 1

That was ridiculous, haha. I quite enjoyed it. Should be a fun series to watch. Also, don't think I've ever seen an anime that put so much emphasis on booty. I approve.

Cornbread78

First of all, let me say working retail during Black Friday sales sucks ass....

Second of all,

Fairy Tale ep.68
This arc finished on a depressingly sad note for Wendy and Erza. Man, I almost broke right along with them... not sure why this had to be so unexpectedly, but damn that was harsh... damn that blue haired man...

Now I wonder if
Wendy and Carla decide to join Fairy Tale as they move inti the next arc..

Jex

Genuinely surprised to see so many people begin on the officially approved 'Texhnolyze Challenge'!

For those of you who may have forgotten, the Texhnolyze Challenge works like this:

1. Start Watching Texhnolyze
  2. Watch Every Episode of Texhnolyze
I personally consider it one of the more difficult challenges to complete! Especially considering that episode 1 seems to defeat most people.

Genuinely surprised to see so many people begin on the officially approved 'Texhnolyze Challenge'!

For those of you who may have forgotten, the Texhnolyze Challenge works like this:

I personally consider it one of the more difficult challenges to complete! Especially considering that episode 1 seems to defeat most people.
To be fair the first episode is almost nothing like the rest of the show. It's like a film student did the first episode for his graduation project, then graduated and realized "well now that I no longer need to be experimental, let me make the narrative coherent and the directing less pompous"

But then Cormac McCarthy burst through the door and told them "have I got a script for you!"

pbayne

Tbf the first ten minutes of episode 1 look like a really artsy hentai.

pbayne

Im surprised by the amount of people still waiting for the “plot”
insert obvious but the plot happened in the last episode *wink*
to happen in Flip Flappers. Considering 6 out of 8 episodes have been devoted to Cocona and Papika’s relationship, it’s a fair assumption to guess that’s what the main focus of the rest of the show will be about. With Yayaka and maybe Salt being the only other sort of important characters. The only other real plot thread that seems to obviously have significance is Mimi's identity,(fun speculation)
which has been pretty heavily implied that it’s either Cocona’s mother (with Salt implied as a weird quasi-father figure in episode 2)or is somehow an alternate Pure Illusion version of Cocona. Which still would play into the MCs relationship being the show’s driving force.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say all the stuff to do with Flip Flap, with the KKK clan, with the amphourous twins, even with Salt’s ambitions-probably won’t be that important in the end. They might elaborate on them sure but to me they’re like the wacky student council’s plans in Utena, they’re there to provide context and a backdrop but don’t take them literally or expect them to go anywhere significant.

Sölf

Keijo!!!!!!!! Episode 8
download.png

Xebec, what back alley CGI studio did you get this from?

At least the episode had the Ass-Eater in it. Someone with that name is already destined for greatness.

Keijo!!!!!!!! is still so ridiculous that it's my AOTS. God, I never thought a show like this would that good. xD

Also, the new Pokemon anime is legit fun. That's the first time I actually plan to watch this. And the first 2 episodes were pretty cool, even though I still have to stop thinking in game logic for all these characters, they are just too different from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom