• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

I watched Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo because of this gif:

0xS4O76.gif

I approve.

ALL OUT!! Episode 8 – Ball Games
CyH1e4RWQAAIbud.jpg:small
CyH1e4SWgAAeL4G.jpg:small

Best boy on a team thats not the lead team, and he had a cute voice too so it made some of his lines hilarious and awesome.

I love seeing Iwashimizu falling completely apart like this, its so different and unique since hes usually the super ultra kind guy but now he's getting all angry.

I also like the Coach v Advisor plot going on, Too bad its something that will resolve in one game.

JulianImp

Izetta - #6
Fanservice of the day: Fine realizes that the girls surrounding her are better endowed than her, and even expresses her breast envy by uttering a paper-thin metaphor.

Okay episode, even though I wish the whole issue with the boy would've been handled better than that. Hopefully things are kept interesting, and maybe the next episode won't have some blatant fanservice thrown in for a change (who am I kidding).

Can I check it without having finished the first one? The most minor of spoilers annoy me to no end.
Patlabor Reboot for anyone who hasn't seen it yet: http://animatorexpo.com/patlabor-reboot/
That was pretty cool! Loved of full of expression the characters are. They also have this Mamoru Hosada design feel to them.

Is it just like the dragon dentist short and it will get something bigger from this? Would be nice.

These shorts are pretty nice, are there any other worth checking out?

Looks like Your Name is breaking records in the UK as well:
https://twitter.com/ukanime/status/802194469487517697
I saw it yesterday. A bit odd the showing I went to left with me the impression that Vue (a national chain multiplex) wanted the screen emptied ASAP because it was the first ever time I've been to a film and there was no pearl & dean, no trailers, no adverts. Screen went dark BBFC certificate and we were off. No idea if all showing were like that. This of course meant some of the people (cinema was about 1/3 full but this particular Vue is either nearly full or 1/3 or less per screening) arrived 5-15 minutes late including an elderly couple (it's been getting good reviews in newspapers here). The audience enjoyed it laughing at the more comedic moments.

As for the gross. With how variable ticket prices are (I saw some locations were £6 per ticket while I paid £12.49) don't try to say x number of people saw it based on that figure. The single showing is a curse as much as it is a blessing as recommendations are hard to give out without guilt.

Taruranto

ALL OUT!! Episode 8 – Ball Games
CyH1e4RWQAAIbud.jpg:small
CyH1e4SWgAAeL4G.jpg:small

Best boy on a team thats not the lead team, and he had a cute voice too so it made some of his lines hilarious and awesome.

I love seeing Iwashimizu falling completely apart like this, its so different and unique since hes usually the super ultra kind guy but now he's getting all angry.

I also like the Coach v Advisor plot going on, Too bad its something that will resolve in one game.

Poor All Out, this show had the worst timing ever for a fujosport.
It's also kinda bad.

blurr

Izetta - #6
Fanservice of the day: Fine realizes that the girls surrounding her are better endowed than her, and even expresses her breast envy by uttering a paper-thin metaphor.

not true anime until it has a breast size comparison scene or perhaps even an episode

phaze

Texhnolyze 03-07

Man these first three episodes were a fucking slough I felt like I had no idea what any of these characters were doing or why the MC is so god damn pissed off. Hell I'm still not completely sure why he is so mad.
At least now though it feels like there is plot going on between 2 rival factions and the man operating has a third party, though I'm still unsure of what his goal is here. Dude is a fucking cold blooded killer and so highly efficient it is scary. Basically you fuck with this guy or fuck him you get killed, eventually.
I'm still sorta confused about the nature of this world though but I assume there will be more explanation of that as time goes on.

Oh and Onishi is the picture you see when you look up the word badass in a dictionary.

After ep 5 or so it's a much more straightforward story.

Planetes 12
You're gonna carry that weight.

Despite or maybe rather because of the comedic nature of happenings here, I found this easily one of better episodes if not the best. More Fee, less love quartet misunderstandings.

Bungou Stray Dogs 21

This didn't quite lived up to the hype I've seen some people build up, mainly cause Lovecraft wasn't all that but Chuya's and Dazai's banter, reminesces of old time and abilities of the former made it an enticing watch. Nice to get some background on Mori too.

I don't know if this was said somewhere here, but they are cool theories that in Flip Flappers episode 8
the girls were inside Bu-Chan. He was at the bottom of the pool where the rift opened, the land was tron like and the planet looked like a brain (which Bu-chan is revealed to have at 15:04 of Episode One).

Which could make sense since at the end
he's being repaired, while in Pure Illusion they left that large gash in the ground of the city or planet

Just found it cool and wanted to share.

pbayne

JoJo DiU 35

Maybe i should buy some ad space on a late night anime. Couldn't be that expensive.

Great Passage 7

Lol i had Celine Dion in my head for that sea of words scene. Seemed appropriate.
The part where they were actually editing and working out how to structure the dictionary i found really fascinating. Lol the professor guy bordered a bit on carttonishly evil but i enjoyed seeing Nishioka give him his comeuppance. The scenes flowed really nicely this episode too.

Girlish No 7

Thats the most mum mum who ever mumed.
You know its fiction when you see country girl's apartment. Unless she lives with 4 other people, bollocks she owns an apartment that big.

Poco's Udon world 7

This show, while so simple, it hits home so much. The sheer joy I get from watching this easily brings me tears of joy every episode. It's just too much.

Haikyu s3 8

This show likes to play with my heart too! I was holding my chair the entire episode! This is so amazing, It's stressing me so much!!! KARASUNO BETTER WIN!
!!!!!!!!!

The Great Passage - 07

koxvGOd.jpg

So damn well directed. The music felt really apparent this episode, in a good way. Man, with how disappointing many of the initially promising shows where, I'm just glad we got this boat to carry us over the sea of disappointment. (don't hit me)

Meanwhile:

Yuri on Ice should be put on Ice - 08

I cannot even begin to express just how shallow these character narrations during their performances feel at this point.

Eupho - 08

The lack of proper structure for this season makes for yet more poorly integrated drama. I think I pointed out my interest into the relationship struggles with Kumiko's sister in episode 1 of season 1. Or maybe episode 2. Either way, instead of integrating all this better throughout the entirety of Eupho it's now towards the end of season 2 (and the show) that we get the brunt of it. Nope, please, not like this.

I wonder if much of this is also an issue of the source material or whether a large part of it is KyoAni cramming two novels into a one cour season. Shuichi had so few moments with Kumiko that it doesn't feel right to see him talk to her sister as though they've been close together recently.

Poke Sun/Moon - 01

Pokemon with great animations (even outside battles) was actually quite cool. It's still Pokemon though and Ash is Ash and so forth. So, I'll just watch the Sakuga bits that'll be posted relentlessly anyways.

convo

Jojo DIU
Kira's new hair style is da best.This is a villian at his cockiest.
Thanks to the japanese way of shortening english sentences we don't have to chew the ash.

Taruranto

The Great Passage #7

This show has a love story.

... between the main character and the chick whom he talked two times and didn't even appear this episode after they confessed!

lkjkRWV.png

I actually thought I legitimately skipped an episode, what the hell show? At least Nishioka and Cute_Pie87 from the office have good chemistry and feel legitimate.

Those workplace powerplays he gets involved in are quite something.

It's brilliant. As we saw his foxy nature with everyone and how much we learned more about him and his life alongside his relationship with Miyoshi, I just became so much more invested on his side of the story than Majime's. To be fair, this is simply due to the fact that Majime doesn't stick out, that is his flaw within society anyway. He is a quiet and awkward guy, while Nishioka is outgoing, and seemingly always happy, although deep inside he is just as troubled as anyone else out there. I can actually relate to him and his personality, and maybe that is why I like him.

Haikyuu!! S3 - 08

Epicness. That catch by Shoyo was just epic shit right there. Everyone is exhausted at this point, and the match is basically at the very end, still it is so close. That shout at the end of the episode and the return of
Tsukishima
were exactly what the team needed to get their head back in the game, and even I felt an overwhelming feeling of hype with the whole thing. Next two weeks are going to be quite good.

It's brilliant. As we saw his foxy nature with everyone and how much we learned more about him and his life alongside his relationship with Miyoshi, I just became so much more invested on his side of the story than Majime's. To be fair, this is simply due to the fact that Majime doesn't stick out, that is his flaw within society anyway. He is a quiet and awkward guy, while Nishioka is outgoing, and seemingly always happy, although deep inside he is just as troubled as anyone else out there. I can actually relate to him and his personality, and maybe that is why I like him.

Haikyuu!! S3 - 08

Epicness. That catch by Shoyo was just epic shit right there. Everyone is exhausted at this point, and the match is basically at the very end, still it is so close. That shout at the end of the episode and the return of
Tsukishima
were exactly what the team needed to get their head back in the game, and even I felt an overwhelming feeling of hype with the whole thing. Next two weeks are going to be quite good.

Catch?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Great Passage Episode 7:

To echo what other have said, Nishioka has emerged as the most compelling character in this series which isn't a shock considering his natural charisma and the ticking clock he has in getting as much stuff resolved before his transfer happens. Also, struggling through power plays in order to get the book published is just going to be more conventionally interesting and digestible then the minutia of how to properly frame a definition. That isn't to say those nuts and bolts are not interesting, to the shows credit it makes them work vis a vis form and function but will never fail in losing me once the purple prose starts.

I can't actually tell how popular Yuri on Ice is. It seems to get massive retweets on Twitter and has multiple famous ice skaters at least commenting on its existence.

https://www.facebook.com/taro.maki.3/posts/1221272684585380

I don't know how to process this information. Yay? That reboot thing looked bad.

The reboot is good, and hopefully this will lead to something substantial being made out of it.

I can't actually tell how popular Yuri on Ice is. It seems to get massive retweets on Twitter and has multiple famous ice skaters at least commenting on its existence.

It's super popular (at least within the world of anime fandom), and comparatively a big financial hit.

Jex

It also seems to be doing extremely in terms of streaming popularity as well, so it's clearly been very successful in terms of mindshare and general discussion.

Sterok

Lostorage Incited Wixoss 8

Sad backstory for Hanna too of course. Shirai is still pathetic. Chinatsu is losing The Edge. So Satomi was a LRIG. He really is Ulith's LRIG counterpart. Seems like he has some sort of revenge scheme planned against the Selectors? Bye bye onni-chan. You sucked like all the other guys. Satomi doesn't count because he was originally a girl. Kiyoi shows off her veteran skills. Piruluk looks different, though that should be expected. I wonder if we'll get Satomi vs Kiyoi since they're the two strongest characters right now. Kiyoi is definitely the one we already know. Hopefully we learn what she's up to next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom