• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Shuumatsu no Izetta 9

I'm not too familiar with WWII technology, but I would've thought cloning is a bit beyond them. Apparently not. Sophie just kind of hates Eylstadt. At least she's effective and showing how to properly use a super soldier. Kind of funny how Eylstadt went from in a relatively good position to conquered in one episode.

phaze

Sölf;225450183 said:
Deadman at least has a better opening. :p

So, since pretty much everyone says Mirai Nikki I suppose I will watch that.

It's hard to compete with unironically TOP10 ever opening. ;p

How is Blood-C? Is it worth my time?

No

WWW.Working 02

Sadly this is not doing it for me in the slightest. The chibi faces are just boring and uninspired and I spend this entire episode waiting for a mere chuckle to be elicited from me. I dunno, there's something about the writing and how it is centered on various character flaws (that are exaggerated into parodical extremes) that just doesn't work.

UtaPri Legend Star Episode 9
CyNTOOkXcAAeyuE.jpg:small
CyNXAGZWEAAW-y8.jpg:small

CyNVywoW8AAL5jT.jpg:small
CyNVywoXUAAar7U.jpg:small

Eiichi Otori x Ittoki Otoya new pairing, and the way he wanted him to keep going deeper and had that true understanding of Otoya that no one else did. Incredible, and he was even hugging him and wrapping his hand on his face, and then in the song when Eiichi caught Otoya so good. Best song this season too.

I was impressed we got something this emotional from the show and the declining state of Ittoki Otoya as he was confronted with everything from his past and not to avoid it anymore. I wonder what happens next, the way his eyes changed after his experience with Eiichi...

phaze

Blood-C is just an awfully boring and painful dreck with nice fight scenes for its first 3/4 quarters.

Admittedly the last part is highly entertaining and hilarious (until the "watch the movie dumbass" ending )

Jex

Blood-C is just an awfully boring and painful dreck with nice fight scenes for its first 3/4 quarters.

Admittedly the last part is highly entertaining and hilarious (until the "watch the movie dumbass" ending )

Last part is only as good as it is because the opening is so slow. That's the magic.

Haikyuu S3 ep.8
So tense. It does pale in comparison to the match before this but that shit was otherworldly, wouldn't expect it all the time.

JoJo DIU ep.36
OP Kira is OP. It's been a bumpy ride but overall I've quite liked Part 4 overall, better than Part 3. More diverse in terms of episodes than Part 3, giving it a much needed breathing room. Haven't read the manga but I can feel the last three episodes will be gureito.

Jex

I'm going to watch some bonus anime in December.

Should I watch:

Sword of the Stranger

or

Texhnolyze

I mean, that's not a hard choice, you should watch Sword of the Stranger because it's one movie vs one 22 episode TV show. It's just more time efficient.

And I'm saying that as the person trying to rope everyone onto this Texhnolyze despair fun train.

Jex

I mean, you should just watch Sword of the Stranger because it's the best action anime, and one of the best action films, of all time.

You should also watch Texhnolyze if you have any spare time, because I enjoy watching others experience despair it's a powerful, unique and beautifully produced series unlike anything else you'll find in anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean, you should just watch Sword of the Stranger because it's the best action anime, and one of the best action films, of all time.

You should also watch Texhnolyze if you have any spare time, because I enjoy watching others experience despair it's a powerful, unique and beautifully produced series unlike anything else you'll find in anime.

But Sword of the Stranger is done by those failures at Bones while Tex is Madhouse, kings and saviors of anime.

Jex

But Sword of the Stranger is done by those failures at Bones while Tex is Madhouse, kings and saviors of anime.

You do seem very well informed, I'll give you that.

I don't think there's even been, or there will ever be again, a studio like Madhouse who are crazy enough to make Texhnolyze. Madhouse must have loved throwing away money. I mean, I can see doing a kind of arthouse movie with the same tone as Texhnolyze, but a 22 episode TV series? That's actually bonkers. Why would you do that?

Narag

You laugh but despite how good the movie is, you'll be left somewhat unfulfilled by never knowing how good the action could have been if Madhouse had but made it instead.

Just like in the game art, Toucannon seems to be constantly pissed off or at least annoyed all the time.
download.png
download_1.png

download_2.png

"Go my idiot son. Be with literally anyone else."

I don't think there's even been, or there will ever be again, a studio like Madhouse who are crazy enough to make Texhnolyze. Madhouse must have loved throwing away money. I mean, I can see doing a kind of arthouse movie with the same tone as Texhnolyze, but a 22 episode TV series? That's actually bonkers. Why would you do that?

Madhouse then took a risk and made Mahouka.

An anime that would have never made it own on its own.

Just like in the game art, Toucannon seems to be constantly pissed off or at least annoyed all the time.
download.png
download_1.png

download_2.png

"Go my idiot son. Be with literally anyone else."

He had enough of those motherfuckers always eating his fruit loops

I would say it fits in with that interesting phase in the '00s where there was an undercurrent of really offbeat, experimental anime that I feel went away in the 2010s.

Izetta Episode 9

Damn Germanian,
First you clone a witch... then you indoctrinate it to the Germanian side. I honestly have no idea how Elystadt, Izetta and Fine gets out of this alive.
-.-

Regalia 13 (End)

10/10, pretty average and forgettable. I couldn't really get invested in the characters, as they were pretty one-note a lot of times. The robot fights, which were pretty neat at the start, devolved in quality as it went on. Even the last fight wasn't really that impressive, not the least of which was due to caring too much for the characters.

Sterok

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku 9

Well, I expected blood, and...
You'd think Ripple would have an easier time winning against someone with her perfect accuracy. Winterprison is one thing, but Mary blocking everything is stretching things a bit. At least Top Speed got to show off what she can really do. Teamwork beats the crazy one. RIP cool one. You were the best one left. Swim looks to be almost as hard to take down as Alice, though hopefully sneak attacks would work on Swim at least. Snow White and Alice work together well at least. So I was right about Snow White's power; she can flat out read minds in certain circumstances. Tama really doesn't like being on the evil side. Sister Nana... well I didn't think she would be too helpful from this point on. Of course Fav needs to reset projections. Looks like Swim and Minael are going to target Alice next, assuming Cranberry doesn't get to them first.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Warriors of the Wind a.k.a Nausicaä Zandra of the Valley of the Wind 1985

7ckrJ71.gif

Oh my giddy aunt, the cuts in this were really hilarious* - literally all the environmental aspects (ergo the whole purpose of the movie) are stripped out, Nausicaä Zandra is reduced to a capable fighter who just cares that the bugs go home rather than really caring for them meaning anyone not familiar with the original would have no idea why the Ohm Gorgon do the things they do when they "talk" to her (since all the dream sequences are gone completely).

Saying that, I expected far worse based on its reputation. It's jarring, but its still watchable (it is Ghibli animation after all).

An interesting historical piece to watch just to see the film that really got Miyazaki's knickers in a twist.

*If you thought Miyazaki was known for abrupt endings, how about an edit that just cuts the ending completely?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWWORKING!!! 9

For whatever reason I find it really funny that Miyakoshi and Higashida are still dating for no actual reason. Like, the stated reasons are that she thought it would improve her cooking and he thought that it would be bothersome to have to turn her down all the time. Both of which are insane troll logic reasons.

Occultic;Nine 8 Happiness is a warm gun

This was a slower episode(event wise), with nothing big happening aside from that last second plot bomb
CHI-CHAN!
! BUT we got lots of info on the secret society working behind the scene and how the dead people,got to stay in a pseudo-spirit form. We can sort of guess that next week is going to be pretty big from the preview at the end, I'm hyped!

One thing I really liked about this episode was the attention to detail to things like Gamon's radio and people's facial expression, it really raise the show feelings.

Big shout-out to the fact that kid Gamotan is the cutest thing ever.

Jex

Watch both by watching Shigurui.

I'm legitimately impressed by this suggestion. You're thinking on the next level.
Warriors of the Wind a.k.a Nausicaä Zandra of the Valley of the Wind 1985
I've always considered taking this particularly journey into bad anime but I just can't stand to see a work get butchered, even if it's an interesting historical footnote. Thanks for reporting from the frontline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom