• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Euphonium S2 8

lUyAU06.png

When I see people criticizing Eupho.

Oh hey, the Asuka story isn't over. I kind of hope Natsuki will take her place though. The Asuka-Kumiko meeting will be interesting. Pretty much the mid final boss, just before the Nationals.

Nice Kumiko reaction!

Quasar

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 01

rmdSx.gif

It's a shame cause female MC actually seemed alright. But if I wanted abusive relationships and women being okay with them I'd just rewatch Kare Kano.

You know I don't remember that happening. Wonder if it was just a different translation. Nonetheless I wouldn't call that indicative of the show.

Seems like it's library.

So you're saying this random top romance anime list lied to me ? What has this world come to.

You're probably not wrong that I'd much more easily ate up violence in opposite direction ...

but alas:

- Taiga didn't kidnap Ryuji into dark alley and threatened him with rape.
- She didn't force herself on him during their first kiss
- The violence in Toradora was much more slapsticky than here. Unless that's just my sexism speaking. (Though to give it its due, it isn't shrugged off in Kaibutsu completely)

Oh Tonari, yeh, whatever. Though I also cannot recall reading a direct rape threat so I likely had different subs.

But dragging Kare Kano through the dirt triggered me this time around so I needed to vent myself! Speaking of which, has been a long time since I've read the manga last but it actually started to drag quite a bit and I wonder if I'll actually finish it ./

edit:
Have you seen Sukitte Ii na yo yet? That starts out with similar dumb bullshit and just goes to show that plenty female shoujo authors have a thing for male dominance.

phaze

edit:
Have you seen Sukitte Ii na yo yet? That starts out with similar dumb bullshit and just goes to show that plenty female shoujo authors have a thing for male dominance.

Haven't had the (dis?)pleasure yet.

Soul Eater 41
022425mjjap.jpg

Japanese sure like their apples.
That ending haha. Pretty harrowing
that laugh was after all that misdirection.

--------------
On translation, rechecked and he's using what sounds like "okasu" which my hard earned mastery of google translate tells me stands for violate/rape.

Ascheroth

Digimon Appli Monsters #9

Man this was fantastic. Comedy was on point during the Cyber Arena, and it was a great way to let all the previous AppMon show up.
I liked how the team realized the stakes after the explanation about Leviathan and how they made their resolve. It felt like a 'we can't just play around, there is something important we have to do!' moment.
Which was then further solidified when Hackmon showed up and essentially mopped the floor with them. That entire scene was amazing. Because holy hell, he's broken as fuck. I love it.
It's like you're a new player that just reached level 5, thinking you're progressing fine and having no trouble with the enemies in the area, when a level 50 boss just drops in to remind you that you're absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Haven't had the (dis?)pleasure yet.

--------------
On translation, rechecked and he's using what sounds like "okasu" which my hard earned mastery of google translate tells me stands for violate/rape.

It's yet another anime that can be found in random top romance lists, so clearly nothing could possibly be bad about it.

---

And yeh, seems violate/rape is actually the appropriate translation and from what little I've just read that actually lead to some controversy when that released (at least for anime/manga bloggers).

Maybe I didn't recall it much because the guy seemed like a completely socially inept moron and it didn't feel like a remotely genuine threat. Either way it's still really bad.

Quasar

Seems like it's library.

So you're saying this random top romance anime list lied to me ? What has this world come to.

Though I found it alright enough to chase the manga to get the ending, I doubt I'd put it on any favourite list. Even of romances of that year probably.

Quasar

It's yet another anime that can be found in random top romance lists, so clearly nothing could possibly be bad about it.

Opinion are like umm...onions?

And yeh, seems violate/rape is actually the appropriate translation and from what little I've just read that actually lead to some controversy when that released (at least for anime/manga bloggers).

Maybe I didn't recall it much because the guy seemed like a completely socially inept moron and it didn't feel like a remotely genuine threat. Either way it's still really bad.

That's how I took him too. Now I'm wondering if I just forgot about that rape line.

Narag

Well, I hope that's the case. IBO has, well, let's say worn out it's welcome in the Toonami thread, and another middling Gundam show immediately replacing it would be a real drag.

Even with its bad dub, it's a shame Gundam Build Fighers didn't end up on there.

Line_HTX

I still kind of like IBO but I will admit it's gotten a little frustrating to say the least.

I'm not as down as everyone else though.

jgminto

The last episode was complete garbage, a total directorial flop. It's difficult to judge the season as a whole at this point though.

Can someone translate the staff for me?

Need to know how much of the Exodus crew worked on this.

You didn't list what that was for, but reverse image search lets me know it's for the Black Clover Jump Festa special. I only looked up some of the staff members, but it does appear that most of the people were involved with Fafner Exodus in at least some capacity. The director is Takashi Noto, chief director of Exodus; the character designer is Noboru Jitsuhara, who was an animation director on Exodus; the art director is Yoshio Tanioka, who contributed to Exodus' backgrounds as part of Biho; the CG director is Eiji Inomoto, from Orange; the color designer is Ayumi Ikeda, who participated in a couple Exodus episodes; and the director of photography is Yuuichi Tsuzuki, who was working in the Xebec photography department for Exodus.

You didn't list what that was for, but reverse image search lets me know it's for the Black Clover Jump Festa special. I only looked up some of the staff members, but it does appear that most of the people were involved with Fafner Exodus in at least some capacity. The director is Takashi Noto, chief director of Exodus; the character designer is Noboru Jitsuhara, who was an animation director on Exodus; the art director is Yoshio Tanioka, who contributed to Exodus' backgrounds as part of Biho; the CG director is Eiji Inomoto, from Orange; the color designer is Ayumi Ikeda, who participated in a couple Exodus episodes; and the director of photography is Yuuichi Tsuzuki, who was working in the Xebec photography department for Exodus.
Expectations for an Exodus sequel sinking lower and lower with how the staff is booked on other stuff.

Jarmel

Banned

Thanks, I was in the process of going through the list myself but you beat me to it.

Reason being is that I'm wondering whether Xebec Zwei is going to end up doing the Black Clover TV series. Their studio doesn't have any announced projects currently and so it's either this or a Fafner movie/special.

Thanks, I was in the process of going through the list myself but you beat me to it.

Reason being is that I'm wondering whether Xebec Zwei is going to end up doing the Black Clover TV series. Their studio doesn't have any announced projects currently and so it's either this or a Fafner movie/special.

Well, they could be doing anything theoretically. The staff of these Jump Festa specials are not necessarily indicative of what the staff of later TV anime adaptations will be - e.g., the Assassination Classroom Jump Festa special was Brains Base while the TV anime ended up at Lerche. But yes, Xebec Zwei doing Black Clover TV is a possibility.

Jarmel

Banned
Well, they could be doing anything theoretically. The staff of these Jump Festa specials are not necessarily indicative of what the staff of later TV anime adaptations will be - e.g., the Assassination Classroom Jump Festa special was Brains Base while the TV anime ended up at Lerche. But yes, Xebec Zwei doing Black Clover TV is a possibility.

The other thing is that the studio had been quiet so I was hoping that they were doing preproduction for a Fafner project however it looks like they were working on this. They could be doing both simultaneously but Noto directing this leaves me doubtful.

UPS got it to me

Now a 9 GB patch.

Because we delayed this game so we wouln't have big patches. And the PS4 has straight up poopy butts download speeds.

Fuck this I'm watching Best of the Worst while PS4 is on rest mode. and hopefully it'll be done after an episode.

Since I don't really know much about staff stuff, how is the one working on the jump festa Black clover special? I'm curious

Cornbread78

Scrapped Princess ep.11-12
Needed more prolonged action as the Peacemaker and D-knight battle it out, but it was pretty good stuff. Finally got a lot of answers as to what the Scrapped Princess really is and what she can really do. Looks like a reverse journey back home for a final battle is in order here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom