• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 10

McGillis isn't very good at this whole secret trip gig. He's certainly calm about elements of the Calamity War popping back up. Nice work just casually turning on an automatic super weapon Iok. I bet that's going to earn you a raise with Rustal. It certainly is convenient for the people he's trying to arrest.

NeonZ

Probably doesn't have (one or a combination of) enough stereotypical female anime archetypes and/or nudity and/or dumbshit fucktard teenaged male MC to self-insert.

Battle harems haven't done well in sales for years now though. It's just that the industry insisted on it for years in order to repeat Infinite Stratos' sales only to fall on their faces again and again. Only this year we're finally seeing seasons without battle harems (unless you count Pokemon S/M).

Yamishibai S4 coming. Even when it's bad, I'm still sorta glad it exists given the dearth of actual horror anime.

Is there any information about the staff?

Qurupeke

3-gatsu no Lion 8
WfQNVge.jpg
oUtuBYI.png
Kyouko is crazy and such a horrible person. I was expecting her to return remorseful and more mature, but nope...

JulianImp

It's crunch time of hell as the game I'm working on with an indie team approaches its supposed release date, and I'm in one hell of a bad mood.

Cue Platinum Disco on loop, and everything's back to being okay. Thank you based Monogatari.

Szadek

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku - Ep. 10
2 out of nowhere, lazy as hell flashbacks of death of the price of 1!
One for alice was at least somehwhat interesting, but the onw from the angels was fucking horrible. It only told us that they are tiwns, which really wasn't hard to guess at all.

While it was obvious that alice is going to die soon, since she makes every fight scene boring by being unkillable, it's still a huge waste.
They could have done something interesting with her, instead she is only there to tell snow white how great she is.
She still hasn't done jackshit during the entire duration of the deathgame btw.
The worst part of it was the reason why alice is so obsessed with SW: She found her key.
Like,seriously? She didn't save her live or anything like that?

The rabbit's foot was some serious BS as well. It was supposed to make her lucky in a pinch, not make the impossible possible.
It shouldn't work anyway since the fell out of her pocket.

Apperently Cranberry can tell the guys from the magic world whatever the fuck she wants and noone is going to check it (for at least several weeks, if not months), because that's not a broken, exploitable system at all.

Oh yeah, and I guess the other angel died, but litterally nobody cares, not even the people that made this anime.

Drifters - Ep. 9
Everyone now and then the show comes close to reaching it's full potential, this episode is one of them.
Too bad that shitty comedy never goes away.

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 34

Woah, new op already. I guess they wanted to dump Koharu, but still, that was sudden. I think I liked it better than the last one though. More focus on the main four. Plus S4 is summed up with Hime acting mopey, Yozora doting on Mahiru, Yuzu having fun with Lily, and Tsubasa trying to act like a boss. Ako is adorable in how she looks after her friends. Especially with that war pot on her head. I think she's my favorite character now. Mahiru can be scary when she wants to be. As for those three girls... I really don't know what to say. In many ways. At least Mahiru is good at makeup? Back to super serious time next episode.

pbayne

JoJo DiU 36

Id nearly forgive the production team for some of the lackluster periods the show has went through cause you can tell they really wanted to hit this arc hard and it fucking amazing atm.

Yuri on Ice 9

Noticeably better overall. Yuri's performance was probably the only one that looked a little shaky.
I don't care about Yuri anymore though(and i don't look forward to seeing the exact same performances again). Even that dumb bullshit incest thing with Crispo and Sala was more riveting plus JJ continues to be the man.

Poco's Udon World 9

First half was a little banal but it culminated in a nice enough pay-off. Very expressive animation too, reaction face game was strong/

It's probably world's hardest puzzles to figure out what otakus buy. Sometimes pure fanservice shows sell and then some pretty similar shows don't sell. Sometimes actually good shows sell and then some completely bomb. It feels like only recipe for success is idols lol.

What anime hardcore anime fans choose to spend their money on can be boiled down to one simple component: appealing characters. Now creating appealing characters is not an easy task. That appeal can be found in a number of areas: visual design, personality, voice, voice actor, chemistry between characters (especially important for the "shipping" portion of the fanbase), etc. But when you look at anime which managed to became very popular, whether Monogatari or Love Live or UtaPri or Osomatsu-san, the key to its popularity lies in how appealing people find the anime's characters. The quality of animation and direction or the twists of plot and writing or the level of explicit sexual content on screen have very little if anything to do with what sells.

Narag

Is there any information about the staff?

Cast (as Storyteller)
Kanji Tsuda (Yami Shibai)
Minori Terada (Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa)
Tetsu Watanabe (Neko no Ongaeshi)
Hisahiro Ogura (Narrator of Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori)
Satoru Matsuo (Live action Shingeki no Kyojin)
Tomu Miyazaki (Live action Hachimitsu to Clover)
Shoichiro Masumoto (Live action Sakura, Futatabi no Kanako)
Ryousuke Takei (Live action Nanatsu Made wa Kami no Uchi)
Hino Arata (Stage play Haikei, Otou-san desu)
Sawaru Ryuu (Live action Karasu no Oyayubi)
Naoki Yamazaki (Live action Yamikin Dogs 3)
Shirou Nomura (Noh Master)
Han Arai (Pantomime Artist)

Cast (Miscellaneous)
Ryouta Murai (Doamaiger D)
Kaoru Marimura (Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns)
Fuuka Haruna (Eureka Seven AO)
Kazuki Ishiga (Live action Onidan Hyakkei)
Satoko Kishino (Yami Shibai 3rd Season)

Staff
Director: Masaya Kaneko (Director of Rampo Video Game)
Script: Hiromu Kumamoto (Kagewani)
Key Animator: Shinji Nishikawa (Episode Director of Kurayami Santa), Ryou Kudou (Character Designer of Knuckles' Chaotix Video Game), Ayuki Mimata
Planning: Norio Yamakawa (Nora), Takuya Iwasaki (Yami Shibai)
Producer: Nobuyuki Hosoya (Girlfriend (Kari)), Motoki Hirose (Associate Producer of Kowabon)
Studio: ILCA

Ending Theme Performance: "Yume Oi Bito" by Takuto

Working.com 10

Not gonna lie Shiho's and Yuuta's relationship is quickly going from annoying and one note to the better one of the season, as long as they don't end it badly.

I love her sad/crying face, it's totally different from how she usually is. And I also liked how at the end she was pressuring him to pay off the debt with the blushed look for the right reasons, vs just telling him he'll never pay off the debt lmao.

Yuuta for his sake finally stopped only crying and we got to see his mischievous side again. For the sake of argument both of their extremely annoying personalities lasted too long in the season to make it better.

How can something be both "refreshing" and "familiar"? If it's refreshing it's something new and different, something that literally makes it fresh again - but that's the opposite of familiar, surely?

because most things of late have not been the same, so its refreshing to return back to industry standard for art and character designs.

Working.com 10

Not gonna lie Shiho's and Yuuta's relationship is quickly going from annoying and one note to the better one of the season, as long as they don't end it badly.

I love her sad/crying face, it's totally different from how she usually is. And I also liked how at the end she was pressuring him to pay off the debt with the blushed look for the right reasons, vs just telling him he'll never pay off the debt lmao.

Yuuta for his sake finally stopped only crying and we got to see his mischievous side again. For the sake of argument both of their extremely annoying personalities lasted too long in the season to make it better.

I love that this show is getting the progression that took 3 seasons and a movie for the original serious. Not to say the original material wasn't great because it was, but still. This doesn't feel rushed and the comedy is centered around these characters' emotions and character building, rather than just their personalities like the OG show.

Jarmel

Banned
Garo the Animation - Episode 25 (Bonus OVA)

This was kinda fucking nothing, and it's weird for them to produce a bonus OVA episode like that because I feel it adds so little, but I guess there hasn't really been many episodes in the series to explore Emma's character so they decided to spend an entire episode on just her, without anyone else.

What I liked about it was that it pretty effectively reestablished the setting of Garo as one of a dark fairy tale world without happy endings. So episodic stories like this don't end well, and people just live on and deal with things, rather than having some hopeful magic twist at the end to make everything okay again. And I really liked the touch in the script where they make Emma reflect on how hard it must have been for a single parent to bring up someone like Leon, making her appreciate German more.

Outside of that though, it was really kinda bland. Animation was really cheap, there wasn't much excitement or even horror, and it was a pretty low key episode. There was a nice insert song that tied into the story though, and Park Romi even sang a chunk of it. That was fun.

Don't think any Garo fan is missing out by not watching this though.
So an episode around Romi Park's character and you're telling me I'm not missing anything? Seems kinda contradictory!

Sterok

Maho Girls Precure 43

To where fairies live. Chikurun was worrying for nothing, as expected. Dang, fairies live for a long time. Only 3 queens since the worlds got separated. I guess Haa's true identity is not much of a mystery anymore. Hey, Sparda is back. And now she's dead again. And then alive again? Well, props to Oruba for knowing that it can't hurt to bring back minions constantly. At the very least they can serve as useful meat shields.

Monster Hunter Stories Ride On Episode 10 – Portent of Disaster
Cy2jN1VXUAQEsFA.jpg:small
Cy2jphyWQAQ17L2.jpg:small

Genie development episode, perfect. Especially since togetherness through bathing was all that was needed to develop bonds and evoke change.

Theme of caring for nature is odd sine Cheval took the egg from the nest...

duckroll

Ten weeks ago, nothing current in anime could even touch my excitement for the premiere of Westworld. Ten weeks later, I'm more excited about getting my Garo movie BD tomorrow than the Westworld 91 minute finale. How things change.

The only thing that really changed is the Garo movie BD actually shipping probably!

Narag

Ten weeks ago, nothing current in anime could even touch my excitement for the premiere of Westworld. Ten weeks later, I'm more excited about getting my Garo movie BD tomorrow than the Westworld 91 minute finale. How things change.

The only thing that really changed is the Garo movie BD actually shipping probably!

You're almost ready for Mob Psycho 100.

Westworld is some really good shit so far. Me and my girlfriend started watching it last week, but we are only doing 1 episode every Friday so we only watched the first 2. It's got that feel of a fresh new idea to it, and it's really, really good. Me being in the business/software industry helps me to be even more engaged with the show, but it isn't incredibly complicated for someone that isn't either, like her. Occasionally she will ask me what a term actually means within the context of software (example:
regression of a unit
) but other than that she is also loving it.

Westworld is a series where I think a rewatch would be interesting, because yep, surely there will be things I missed the first time, clues that indicated what was going to happen, but I suspect at the same time I would discover twice as much inconsistencies in the plot.

duckroll

Westworld is a series where I think a rewatch would be interesting, because yep, surely there will be things I missed the first time, clues that indicated what was going to happen, but I suspect at the same time I would discover twice as much inconsistencies in the plot.

I'm not worried about plot inconsistencies. I'm worried that seeing the truth that there isn't anything other than -plot- is going to be the problem. The structure of the narrative is interesting because of how it is layered and things connect for reveals. But what makes stories have everlasting value is when the characters and the worlds they live in are interesting to just watch aside from the plot. Westworld sort of lacks that.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Shit I've been quietly hype all year.

Sucker for some good dark fantasy,

I... already watched it. I post my impressions in the IBO thread itself!
In that case
I was talking about the ending when the Mobile Armor awakened. They didn't bring any Suits so it wouldn't activate, but when those other dudes came it ended up happening. They can't fight them, can't fight the bad guys and can't call for help.
Ripperoni.

duckroll

In that case
I was talking about the ending when the Mobile Armor awakened. They didn't bring any Suits so it wouldn't activate, but when those other dudes came it ended up happening. They can't fight them, can't fight the bad guys and can't call for help.
Ripperoni.

I suggest you pay attention to what McDonalds was saying in the scene leading up to it, as well as the foreshadowing throughout the episode. The Mobile Armor is an AI bot presumably, which reacts to Mobile Suits and considers them the true enemy because of how they were created to fight them in the war. As such, it only awakened because of the enemy mechs coming in. It will target the enemy mechs and not just random humans who have no mechs. Said random humans also have a vehicle, and are trained child soldiers who excel in guerrilla warfare and battlefield survival. I think Tekkadan are fine, but I wouldn't count on us seeing Rustal's dumb overeager lackey for many more episodes. Lol.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2, Episode 10:

Oh hey, they finally explained what halfmetal is and why it is so important. Oh and also an ancient terror is unleashed.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I suggest you pay attention to what McDonalds was saying in the scene leading up to it, as well as the foreshadowing throughout the episode. The Mobile Armor is an AI bot presumably, which reacts to Mobile Suits and considers them the true enemy because of how they were created to fight them in the war. As such, it only awakened because of the enemy mechs coming in. It will target the enemy mechs and not just random humans who have no mechs. Said random humans also have a vehicle, and are trained child soldiers who excel in guerrilla warfare and battlefield survival. I think Tekkadan are fine, but I wouldn't count on us seeing Rustal's dumb overeager lackey for many more episodes. Lol.
Judging by the future synopsis
They get their gundams eventually fight the moble Armour together and then Vidar shows up for some easy kills.

Qurupeke

Gunbuster 1

I think I enjoyed it but... I didn't expect it to be like that. Bouncy tits, questionable looking pilot suits, a stoic Coach that was a bit too badass, a bully that looked more evil than Hitler... It was hilarious, even when it wasn't trying to be. The prologue seemed to go way too fast, I suppose because the focus of the story is space, but I don't really mind that. Not sure how I feel about the characters, but I really liked Noriko, she's the fun kind of pilot fortunately.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
?????

You have spoilz? Link pls! (I just want upcoming ep staff credits lol)

I don't know about staff credits all I saw is this and the translated version

https://i.imgur.com/uA3w3od.jpg

36. Stained Wings
The large unmanned weapon suddenly activates. Tekkadan and Outer Earth Orbit Regulatory Fleet join forces to prevent disaster.

37. Chryse Defensive Battle
To subjugate Nobliss, Arianrhod sends a large force to Mars. At Nobliss' request, Tekkadan fights against Arianrhod.

38. Mikazuki Augus
Tekkadan is exhausted after having to fight consecutive battles. Just then Gundam Vidar touches down on Mars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom