• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
UtaPri Legend Star Ep 10
CyxqwWzXcAI1itf.jpg:small

They played Yumeoibito e no Symphony, thats like my top 3most listened to utapri song, its so amazing and their parts. Ittoki even.

I liked this whole plot, wish we got more Eiichi Otori bringing out hte best in Otoya, his lines were perfect.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Izetta Episode 10:

This series should be more interesting then it is, I should give more of a damn about recent event then I do, but I don't. That may be up to the fact that this series just has not manufactured any interesting antagonists and that doesn't look to be ever changing.

phaze

Captain Earth 01-03

Going by what I've seen so far, there seems to be this weird trend of Igarashi restraining his idiosyncrasies in his mecha shows. Whereas Soul Eater and Bungou are chock-full of those scenes with just red or white backgrounds, sometimes with just silhouettes and crazy faces (Ouran too to a degree), in Star Driver and so far this there's just a bit of the latter and in much diffused form.

"Fun" trivia: Captain Earth is probably the first show I picked up because of this thread. Back when it was airing and I started either lurking or posting. Clearly I was a better man then cause I dropped it after the first episode already. Though admittedly, the first episode here was actually really well put together, it's what came after that was just all kinds of dull.

Sölf

Captain Earth 01-03

Going by what I've seen so far, there seems to be this weird trend of Igarashi restraining his idiosyncrasies in his mecha shows. Whereas Soul Eater and Bungou are chock-full of those scenes with just red or white backgrounds, sometimes with just silhouettes and crazy faces (Ouran too to a degree), in Star Driver and so far this there's just a bit of the latter and in much diffused form.

"Fun" trivia: Captain Earth is probably the first show I picked up because of this thread. Back when it was airing and I started either lurking or posting. Clearly I was a better man then cause I dropped it after the first episode already. Though admittedly, the first episode here was actually really well put together, it's what came after that was just all kinds of dull.
We watched that in our weekly stream and dropped it at some point because it was just that: Boring.

I wish you luck with completing it. Imo it's not show you should watch.

Tiger Mask W 09

Indian dude named Mister Question shows up as a mysterious masked man, and defaults every answer to pointing to the question mark on his chest

Better then WWE

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
3-gatsu no Narag Episode 8:

Welp, this series completely shattered any chance it had for me to take it seriously.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dang, Narag ruined this show?

jsg0dyM.png

Actually, I would say what has been really tanking this show is one of the most inconsistant tones I have ever seen. This episode literally goes from the basics of shogi as explained by Narag cats, complete with filler musical number to fucking pitch black and blue again in the second half
when Rei's depression issues show up again and worse his sister and all of the fucking baggage she has.
I get that things are separated by chapter but this isn't a god damned book.

Line_HTX

Actually, I would say what has been really tanking this show is one of the most inconsistant tones I have ever seen. This episode literally goes from the basics of shogi as explained by Narag cats, complete with filler musical number to fucking pitch black and blue again in the second half
when Rei's depression issues show up again and worse his sister and all of the fucking baggage she has.
I get that things are separated by chapter but this isn't a god damned book.

Ahh, so it's like April to a lesser extent.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 081

I really liked the end of this episode where Yang's fleet returns to Iserlohn and 99% of the soldiers just decide to pass out and sleep on the spot.

When Merkatz' right hand man says that if the empire were to attack right now they'd be completely doomed, Merkatz responds with "Right now, I too would prefer a night of sleep then the entire future."

Thud

Tiger Mask W 9

A quarter of the way through the series and it's been... good? Certainly didn't expect it to be going in so very pleasantly surprised.

I didn't expect to see good to excellent shots, but I knew it would be entertaining at least.

This episode was only build up to the next matches, but it was handled so well.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The CG cat stuff in 3-gatsu used the same song and many of the same animation cuts that they used as ED last week. I dunno who would ever want to sit through it or how it fits in the episode.

Jex

Captain Earth 01-03

This just looks like time you should be spending to get through the worst parts of Fafner! It's not going to watch itself!

Jex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 081

I really liked the end of this episode where Yang's fleet returns to Iserlohn and 99% of the soldiers just decide to pass out and sleep on the spot.

When Merkatz' right hand man says that if the empire were to attack right now they'd be completely doomed, Merkatz responds with "Right now, I too would prefer a night of sleep then the entire future."

People lambaste LOGH for a number of issues: it's stilted direction, it's slow pace, its simplistic politics - but I appreciate how grounded and most of the characters feel. Especially among the members of the Free Planets Alliance, most of the cast just feel like people trying to do their job. Obviously, the figures in Reinhard's gang are a little more flamboyant.

Oh and that Mittermeyer death fake out was a dick move. Even though I knew it was a fakeout because the death was too instant and not ceremonious enough. LoGH may be very grounded, but its still also a lot like a soap opera. A major character like Mittermeyer wasn't going to die off screen in a sudden accident, even though such a thing is possible. Nearly every single person gets a glorious or honorable death in combat (unless they are shitty like Brauncshweig, then they just die like a punk)

Oh and that Mittermeyer death fake out was a dick move. Even though I knew it was a fakeout because the death was too instant and not ceremonious enough. LoGH may be very grounded, but its still also a lot like a soap opera. A major character like Mittermeyer wasn't going to die off screen in a sudden accident, even though such a thing is possible. Nearly every single person gets a glorious or honorable death in combat (unless they are shitty like Brauncshweig, then they just die like a punk)

Mm hmm.

Occultic; - 09

Something I've been wondering for awhile now, do Japanese folks speak this fast irl? Or is this just sped forward? I mean in my home language, especially when in a heated argument sentences can fly, but this show takes fast dialogue to the next level. Heck, if this isn't manipulated audio... If they rapped, these VAs could make Busta Rhymes sound slow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The CG cat stuff in 3-gatsu used the same song and many of the same animation cuts that they used as ED last week. I dunno who would ever want to sit through it or how it fits in the episode.

I sat through it.

The unfortunate part is that it didn't go very deep into promotions, and, more importantly, playing the pieces you captured.

Eupho 2-9

20151023095542_564_13_704x388.jpg

Thud

It fits the chapter.

The problem is shaft is adapting through the manga in a linear fashion. So the chapter of last week was continued and finished in this episode. Then new chapters are handled accordingly.

I don't see what's the rush, because there's still a lot of material they won't be able to cover.

This was also the part where maybe they could have added stuff, as this is all the shogi basics we're getting. Just the movement is not enough to understand how a match flows.

ibyea

Banned
Pokemon Sun and Moon: 1-5
My sister wanted to watch this with me. Gotto say, despite me never wanting to go anywhere near show ever again, Pokemon has never looked this good so consistently. Not to mention, god I love Mimikyu and Bewear.

Pokemon Sun and Moon: 1-4
My sister wanted to watch this with me. Gotto say, despite me never wanting to go anywhere near show ever again, Pokemon has never looked this good so consistently. Not to mention, god I love Mimikyu and Bewear.
bewear is amazing. Episode 5 also has a great scene with it

Stulaw

Occultic; - 09

Something I've been wondering for awhile now, do Japanese folks speak this fast irl? Or is this just sped forward? I mean in my home language, especially when in a heated argument sentences can fly, but this show takes fast dialogue to the next level. Heck, if this isn't manipulated audio... If they rapped, these VAs could make Busta Rhymes sound slow.

I think it was sped up today, even the OP was faster than usual, it's giving Teekyu! a run for its money.

TrueBlue

Alrighty then. Writing up my Christmas list, and I was wondering what you guys would recommend in terms of anime films? I'm not too fussed on genre - I mean, I'll look up any suggestions before I write them down, so it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: I live in the UK btw.

I think it was sped up today, even the OP was faster than usual, it's giving Teekyu! a run for its money.

Sometimes it was so fast that I didn't even have time to read the subtitles to the end. Watching this last episode was legitimately stressing me out, I felt like I was competing against these characters lol.

Sterok

Izetta 10

And thus there was no hope for the free world. Though Atlanta was planning to take down Izetta, so they should have some anti-witch weaponry. The real issue is that Sophie doesn't seem to have much reason to be loyal to Germania once she's through with her revenge, and without her they're screwed once the inevitable happens. Which is speeding up because of course they have to attack not Russia.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku 10

Whelp, Alice has the flashback of doom. Of course another person with a shitty life. Alice ended up being an actual good person. Snow White just sucks in every manner. La Pucelle and Alice could've done way better. Though if their powers are bleeding over to their normal selves, it was Alice's enhanced regeneration that kept her alive for so long. Damn it, she could've lived if Snow White wasn't terrible that night or had tried to get Alice's phone to her. Worthless. Minael's flashback of doom. Gotta have that I guess. Fav and Cranberry's relationship doesn't quite make sense to me. Fav seems to be the ambassador from the Magic World while Cranberry is ensuring the game is as bloody as possible, but Cranberry is the one calling the shots? She seems to be from the human world. Whatever backstory they give to her is probably going to be stupid. Minael bites it in an instant. Called it. Time for the showdown of the two most dangerous magical girls. Not sure how Cranberry is going to win, but Tama needs to plan an escape route anyway.

Stulaw

Sometimes it was so fast that I didn't even have time to read the subtitles to the end. Watching this last episode was legitimately stressing me out, I felt like I was competing against these characters lol.

Yeah, it's like they've thought "right, we've got all this story but we're probably not going to get another season, so let's squash everything in".

I've just made myself rewatch some Teekyu and it now seems slow in comparison o_O.

Haikyuu S3 9

Ha ha, that ending. After back-to-back games with the last point being brutally fought over to the very end, I'm wondering what the manga is doing after this. This mostly works a second time, but I can't picture it working a third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom