• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thud

Rose of Versailles 18

cCZfBv4.jpg

Granny is the best character. The only one that treats Oscar as a lady. Now I also know how she became an alcoholic. It was the only way to console the poor woman. Luckily Oscar recovers quickly and drinks some red wine later on in the episode.

This episode had a really mellow feeling due to the romance between Fersen and Antoinette. How they both can't express their love for each other. Antoinette broke down (see shot above) when Fersen announced he had marriage arrangements. His formal outfit is very nice and in the end he shows his Ikea closet to Antoinette. Swedish balls yum. I find it hard to believe the Queen was just able to stroll without supervision. Maybe because it was Opera night or something.

Either way this will probably bite them in the ass later. Next episode back to Rosalie, the preview actually spoils it all. Not that I mind, I want to see how it comes into play.

blurr

Chimera Ant arc's pace was one of the things that sticks out when I think about HxH. There were certainly good moments but I admired the show at least initially for the pace at which it moves forward. With that arc it obscures itself amidst every other shonen (I've watched at least).

Sterok

Flip Flappers 10

Well then.
Mimi being Cocona's mom isn't a shock, though Salt being the probably father is a touch more surprising. Papika being eternally 14 or whatever was something I hadn't thought about, though I suppose something like that had to happen. And nice grandma is actually evil robot. Okay, sure. I guess Cocona hates everybody now. Hopefully she gets to go on a nice rampage.

Paltheos

I mean not everyone will like The Wire or Breaking Bad. It's fine.

Count me in that group, although I think Breaking Bad is just overrated. Breaking Bad is just about an asshole becoming more brazen and radical in his assholishness, and so most of the plot points lack emotional impact. I mean, it's a decent action series, but it's def. not pinnacle television. It wastes so much time on stupid crap too!

Wow are you fucking kidding me? Jeeze what is going on with that studio? I like the show and would like it more if the episodes would actually come out.

It's a similar situation to Girls und Panzer: they delayed two episodes a week and thus ran out of purchased broadcast time to air all the episodes. So the last two episodes will need to be distributed another way (while the studio gets some breathing room to finish them).

How could they run out of broadcast time? Weren't those bought out beforehand?

The production committee bought twelve weeks of timeslots. For two of those weeks the TV stations did not air new episodes but instead recaps/specials, since the new episodes that were supposed to air were not ready to air yet. Thus the committee no longer has the slots in which to air episodes 11 and 12.

Cornbread78

This has been a very mundane season unfortunately. I was pretty excited for Magical Girl Raising Project, Izetta, Drifters, 3-gatsu, Occultic;Nine, etc, but they have all ended up being pretty standard fare. Poco's Udon World has actually been the most consistent and entertaining show I've watched this season and I went in just to try it out with no expectations in it....

phaze

Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom? - PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnrnF_v5MI

Nobuyuki Takeuchi x Shaft

Everybody chasing after that Kimi no Na Wa monies and trying to ape Master Shinkai.
------
Mawaru 09 was absolutely magnifico so looking forward to this. Though it's weird how sparse his output is.

Fafner up to 12

Kazuki is such a non-entity that it's impossible to care about whatever happens to him.

This has been a very mundane season unfortunately. I was pretty excited for Magical Girl Raising Project, Izetta, Drifters, 3-gatsu, Occultic;Nine, etc, but they have all ended up being pretty standard fare. Poco's Udon World has actually been the most consistent and entertaining show I've watched this season and I went in just to try it out with no expectations in it....

Should have watched Trickster, this seasons best kept secret.

Thud

Should have watched Tiger Mask.

It's a similar situation to Girls und Panzer: they delayed two episodes a week and thus ran out of purchased broadcast time to air all the episodes. So the last two episodes will need to be distributed another way (while the studio gets some breathing room to finish them).

The production committee bought twelve weeks of timeslots. For two of those weeks the TV stations did not air new episodes but instead recaps/specials, since the new episodes that were supposed to air were not ready to air yet. Thus the committee no longer has the slots in which to air episodes 11 and 12.
Huh. Well you learn something new everyday didn't know it worked like that. Thanks for the input.

phaze

Should have watched Magic-kyun! Renaissance

You aren't watching Haikyu. Go watch Haikyu.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Keijo!!!!!!!! Episode 10:

Ah yes, it is battle of the sports cliches, normally an underdog team this plucky would have taken the win but that would have overwritten the rule that all sports matches much come down to as much of the wire as possible.

Quasar

Well for me it's been the best season in over a year. It's back to the old days of a season that had more stuff for me to watch than I had time. I expect this is just a blip and I'll be back to the 2-4 show average.

But yeah, I am loving Poco. But then given my Barakamon love and love of Sweetness & Lightning and Flying Witch it was a no brainer that it would be a favourite if mine.

It increasingly feels like the Great Passage is the only show this season that can maintain any consistent quality.

I don't entirely agree - and consistent quality is a hard thing to come by in TV anime to begin with - but before the season started I had identified The Great Passage as the show I was most looking forward to and it feels good to be proven right for once.

Quasar

Count me in that group, although I think Breaking Bad is just overrated. Breaking Bad is just about an asshole becoming more brazen and radical in his assholishness, and so most of the plot points lack emotional impact. I mean, it's a decent action series, but it's def. not pinnacle television. It wastes so much time on stupid crap too!

Me too. But then a lot of it is subject matter. I'm just not interested in the subject matter. Probably why the only hbo shows to hold my interest have been Rome and Deadwood.

Flip Flap Flip Flap 10

For anyone who complains about episodic shows not having an overarching narrative, this episode is for you! The appeal of this show is using Pure Illusion as a creative setpiece for cool shit to happen, not for whatever (bad) character development or relationships they think are worth focusing on. Does anybody really give a shit about anyone in FlipFlap? I can hardly care for the main three characters. You never built any reason for an overarching narrative so why are you doing one? Death Parade all over again.

Eh. There was still Haikyuu, Gundam, The Great Passage and WWWWorking. It wasn't great, but it wasn't morbidly boring either. I do agree though that I was looking forward to Sangatsu and Occultic, and those two are not getting much of my attention.

Not even JoJo managed to be consistent this season, although if it continues at its current quality then I can easily forgive it for slipping near Highway Star/Enigma/RPS Kid

Cornbread78

Steal ass techniques and make them her own.

Fucking dying so hard.

yup, The show has some serious parody skills, I'll give it that. I stopped several episodes ago because it was stupid and not funny/fun, but those screens might force me to watch that episode at least for the ridiculousness of it all.

Eh. There was still Haikyuu, Gundam, The Great Passage and WWWWorking. It wasn't great, but it wasn't morbidly boring either. I do agree though that I was looking forward to Sangatsu and Occultic, and those two are not getting much of my attention.

Damn, how could I forget, you are correct.

I forgot about WWW.Working. That would be the only other show that has remained consistently good and entertaining.

I was going to watch The Great Passage, but I have a feeling I'll be extreme bored by it; who knows though. I put it on my tab, just never hit play.

Every season sucks and is terrible, nothing good is ever on the horizon for the coming season and the season after next ways looks best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom