• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Why the fuck is Shaft adding even more work onto the pile? Aren't they already having production issues with that OVA series currently? Add on top of that the Fate show they have airing next fall. Where are they going to find time to do a movie?

Telltale has to Telltale.

Jex

But I'd have to watch the original series first. And start over because I don't remember much from my first attempt to get through it.

That sounds like it would be pretty good! Y'know, character building? Going on an Odyssey of discovery!

Narag

Fortune has smiled on one of Jex's cults as membership is now open at a low price on right stuf.

qySl4lb.png

duckroll

Mob Psycho 100 - Episode 2

This was pretty good. I really like the art style and it allows for some truly creative animation cuts. But beyond that what is impressive here is how the characters and the episodic story is handled. I feel there's a layer of depth here which One Punch Man lacked. There's a deeper psychology than "this is a vehicle for commentary/satire" and Regin and Mob feel like human beings who can be related to regardless of the ridiculousness of the narrative set up. The end of the episode was great. Lol.

This was pretty good. I really like the art style and it allows for some truly creative animation cuts. But beyond that what is impressive here is how the characters and the episodic story is handled. I feel there's a layer of depth here which One Punch Man lacked. There's a deeper psychology than "this is a vehicle for commentary/satire" and Regin and Mob feel like human beings who can be related to regardless of the ridiculousness of the narrative set up. The end of the episode was great. Lol.

Finally!

Szadek

Finished Cowboy Bebop and I don't really get the hype, or rather I kind of do, but it just didn't set my world on fire.
I still think the show is great, just not as great as everyone else seem to think it is.
To be fair , I often have a hard time with episodic series (unless it happens to have girls in cute dresses kicking ass).

Koyomimonogatari - Ep. 1-2
Looks like all the short stories are going to be about Araragi?
I guess that only makes sense with a title like that.
Anyway, it's pretty good so far. Turns out monogatari works evey well in a shorter format.

I also watched Cardcaptor Sakura up to Episode 26.
For 1 reason or another the show doesn't give me the "just one more episode" feeling I get from stuff like Pretty Cure, so this might take a while, but it's a great show nontheless.
I have seen that many people like to call this show a healing anime and these shows never really did it for me,so I guess that's the problem here?

Finished Cowboy Bebop and I don't really get the hype, or rather I kind of do, but it just didn't set my world on fire.
I still think the show is great, just not as great as everyone else seem to think it is.
To be fair , I often have a hard time with episodic series (unless it happens to have girls in cute dresses kicking ass).

Koyomimonogatari - Ep. 1-2
Looks like all the short stories are going to be about Araragi?
I guess that only makes sense with a title like that.
Anyway, it's pretty good so far. Turns out monogatari works evey well in a shorter format.

I also watched Cardcaptor Sakura up to Episode 26.
For 1 reason or another the show doesn't give me the "just one more episode" feeling I get from stuff like Pretty Cure, so this might take a while, but it's a great show nontheless.
I have seen that many people like to call this show a healing anime and these shows never really did it for me,so I guess that's the problem here?
I mean not everyone will like The Wire or Breaking Bad. It's fine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If people are looking to consume bog-standard, inoffensive content then it's not that terrible of a show to watch. If someone willingly sat through and (presumably?) enjoyed stuff like the Chimera Ant Arc in Hunter X Hunter (2011) then it's basically a step-up.
I am somewhat surprised people would still be harboring bitter feelings about the Chimera Ant Arc. Ironically I would say that HxH only steps out from behind its melange of stereotypes and well-worn scenarios when it gets there. Even with its slow pace it is deliberate and elaborate in its construction in a way that does not feel at all similar to Brotherhood.

Can't wait to hear about your impressions on Regin since he's probably one of the most genuinely charismatic characters I had the pleasure of watching this year.

Chimaera Ant Arc is totally worth it for the ending happenings, few things as cathartic as the payoffs for Gon and Pito, Netero and Mereum and Mereum and Komugi

Why the fuck is Shaft adding even more work onto the pile? Aren't they already having production issues with that OVA series currently? Add on top of that the Fate show they have airing next fall. Where are they going to find time to do a movie?

This and Fate is pretty much the complete lineup for the second half of 2017. Everything else will end in Spring.

Occultic;Nine 7-9

Well things are piecing together more. Looks like they're going to go with
time travel in order to bring some (all?) of them back to life. Not a huge fan of that, but it was kind of obvious that not all of them would stay dead, so it's not a huge surprise.

The one big surprise for me was that
Ryotasu is not dead. Combined with some stuff from the anime, observations about her in the LN gave me the impression that she was in fact dead. At the very least, since episode 3 and reading the novel it was pretty clear she was playing dumb. Like I thought, she was Zonko. Sounds like there might also be some parallel world/different timeline shenanigans going on here based off of some things that she said, the OP and the end card.

The FBI agent coming in was kind of a nice change of pace. Largely because she started to help solve stuff, and she also has a cool occultic power. Unfortunately, a couple characters still get shunted to the side. Seems like Kiryu might finally get some real time in the sun next episode.

Curious about something, those stuff that get release in Kyo ani's Esuma Bunko(Light novel label) always get release as an anime later?

Was wonderting if this TSURU-NE would get made into an anime?

There's a high chance at least. :p

There's 1 or 2 that's not been turned into anime so far.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And it's why Aisha Clanclan is still the best. No four ear problem since her animal ears are in the normal location.

JulianImp

The designers wisely use hair to get around the 4 ear conundrum.

That reminds me I read some anotations on a keyframe back at the Madogatari expo that said something along the lines of Black Hanekawa having no human ears, or maybe that they just had to avoid showing them in in-betweens at all costs.

Qurupeke

That reminds me I read some anotations on a keyframe back at the Madogatari expo that said something along the lines of Black Hanekawa having no human ears, or maybe that they just had to avoid showing them in in-betweens at all costs.
Designing cat girls is serious business.

Sound! Euphonium s2 10

Damn Asuka fucking rekt Kumiko and fucking called her out and all her fucking bullshit. I was wondering if anyone ever would.

Brave Witches 09

Loved the episode and the about of badass going on with these witches, character shown at ending was the cherry on top. Also this fucking eyecatch is the best one yet.

Jex

I am somewhat surprised people would still be harboring bitter feelings about the Chimera Ant Arc. Ironically I would say that HxH only steps out from behind its melange of stereotypes and well-worn scenarios when it gets there. Even with its slow pace it is deliberate and elaborate in its construction in a way that does not feel at all similar to Brotherhood.

- With regards to any similarities to Brotherhood - I would agree that they aren't particularly similar, but they are equally appealing in that they are both 'Action-Fantasy series that doesn't look overly Japanese'. This means that both works seem to be very accessible.
- For all the facets of the Chimera Ant Arc that I appreciate I cannot get over its pacing. I find it to be torturous. I acknowledge that there were plenty of people who didn't mind it and there was much discussion of this issue back when the series was airing.

Theonik

The problem is, if she doesn't the blank space would look weird. if she does, she'd have 4 ears. Cat ears don't make much anatomic sense though due to how the skull is shaped so it's all about keeping that illusion so hair is used to get around that.

And yes I think the point there was to make sure they weren't drawn.

Designing cat girls is serious business.
Quite.

Mob Psycho is pretty good. Maybe there is hope for BONES after all...

After episode 8 hope isn't even needed anymore.

Sound! Euphonium s2 10

Damn Asuka fucking rekt Kumiko and fucking called her out and all her fucking bullshit. I was wondering if anyone ever would.

Did we watch the same episode? Because in mine Asuka got BTFO for her wanna-be mature attitude and her insults aimed at Kumiko felt pretty baseless when it wasn't Kumiko's fault to accidentally witness and become part of all the drama. Besides, she often ended up being the one to actually straight talk to people.

And you know, Asuka finally recognized her faults at the end of their dialogue (and episode end clarified it just the more).

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 485 – Naruto Shippuden, Sasuke’s Story: Sunrise, Part 2: Coliseum
CzKMB7oWQAE14gl.jpg:small

Yes Suigetsu and others came back for more.

Really interesting episode with the island and also some of Orochimaru's discussions providing insights into the reasoning behind why he and Kabuto are under simple surveillance.

The lightning style jutsu this episode was cool even if it was a minor moment.

Flip Flappers - 10

I was going to say something about the Cocona/Mimi relationship stuff that came from this episode but I'm too pissed at
the reveal of the nice grandma turning out to be a freaking terminator.

Are figure skaters not paid much? I didnt understand why Yuri has to pay off the ring in installments, when he is already a world class skater.

Reminds me also of idol anime like Show by Rock where Titan has to live in a one room apartment, or Shingancrimsonz are all having to have part time jobs. Are singers paid that little?

Are figure skaters not paid much? I didnt understand why Yuri has to pay off the ring in installments, when he is already a world class skater.

Reminds me also of idol anime like Show by Rock where Titan has to live in a one room apartment, or Shingancrimsonz are all having to have part time jobs. Are singers paid that little?
I am not sure, but aren't professionnal athletes mostly getting paid by sponsorship? Guessing that since he hit a wall (losing sponsors) and came out of universiry, he just doesn't have much.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Flip Flappers Episode 10:

I call this, so fucking called this, I shall now dance the dance of joy.
Everything you have seen up to this point is a lie and indeed they were holding back a lot of cards, not all of which have been shown. The greatest surprise was just how much time had passed from the flashback days and this may mean that Papika is a just kind of stuck as an eternal 14 year old. I suspect that the next episode will finally delineate the motivations of the larger players beyond controlling the Pure Illusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom