• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eupho - 10

Decent episode but that impending Reina drama... it better somehow feel justified but I really didn't seem to notice conflict developing between the two in the last couple episodes. And if it isn't something that stems from their relationship but rather Reina's own family and/or Taki-sama<3 issues then I don't think I want to have any of it now when we just dealt with Asuka's stuff and I'm really just yearning to get some more juicy focus on the music.

Exactly how many episodes do we have left anyways?

Poco's Udon World 9

That was to be expected, still the way they treat Souta and Poco's relationship is so genuine, so realistic and how they develop...man this show is amazing. I'm still all happy inside.

blurr

Can someone who is not a mega fan tell me if it's worth watching My Hero Academia? I don't particularly care for, and actively groan, over shonen action style 'weak guy gets stronger and stronger' stories but if it's worth it?

Though I remember plenty of negative reactions when it was airing.

Yep, you can watch it. Not without its issues. Biggest problem I've read people say is the pace (which I wasn't particularly bothered with). I've read the manga to an extent, the anime executed the key moments really well.

Ai5rsCQ.png

Is the 2 the number of times you watched it? :p

Cornbread78

Sound Euphonium S2 - Episode 6 first half

OK, hold the phone. If Nozomi and Mizore are participating in the same class festival activity, then they are in the same class. Which means they see each other every single day of the school year. Which means that the whole drama between them that occupied the entire first four episodes of this season is even more nonsensical than I first assumed, because it would mean that somehow Nozomi has gone an entire year of seeing Mizore every day, never spoken to her, and somehow continued to believe that they were the best of friends until one day she randomly decides to drop by Mizore practicing in the hallway upon which Mizore had a nervous breakdown at the very sight of her! How did Mizore survive seeing Nozomi every day until now and not react? Just. What. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

OK, hold the phone. If Nozomi and Mizore are participating in the same class festival activity, then they are in the same class. Which means they see each other every single day of the school year. Which means that the whole drama between them that occupied the entire first four episodes of this season is even more nonsensical than I first assumed, because it would mean that somehow Nozomi has gone an entire year of seeing Mizore every day, never spoken to her, and somehow continued to believe that they were the best of friends until one day she randomly decides to drop by Mizore practicing in the hallway upon which Mizore had a nervous breakdown at the very sight of her! How did Mizore survive seeing Nozomi every day until now and not react? Just. What. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
You can try all you want, but you can't escape that light novel writing. Though this is sloppily in a different way than usual. Pretty much nothing about that Nozomi arc holds up to scrutiny.

Honestly this makes me more amazed that they got a full season out of this material before the seams started to show.

You can try all you want, but you can't escape that light novel writing.

Honestly this season makes me more amazed that they got a full season out of this material before the seams started to show.

I'm bashing my head into a wall with this season, I want to love it but I just can't and its been getting harder and harder to even call it average.

Cornbread78

Nanbaka ep.10
Very nice. Back to the good jailjouse comedy aboit a bunch of moronic inmates. I almost had tears stroll down my cheek during Jyougo's "Japanese apology" lol. Good stuff.

duckroll

But I'd have to watch the original series first. And start over because I don't remember much from my first attempt to get through it.

I was actually talking to hosanna, because he's midway through it and took a break!

My condolences to everyone else watching Euphonium S2 without a Fafner Exodus to go back to!

This is why you should be finishing Fafner Exodus rather than watching dumb high school girls anime.

That means I have to go through Fafner S1....I need a good 2 days of free time just so I can power through the initial 13 episodes, since if I stop I will never start it up again that's what happened to Clannad S2 and other animes for me.

Cornbread78

That means I have to go through Fafner S1....I need a good 2 days of free time just so I can power through the initial 13 episodes, since if I stop I will never start it up again that's what happened to Clannad S2 and other animes for me.

Umm, you really need to fix that. Clannad After Story is legit amazing. Start it now

You can try all you want, but you can't escape that light novel writing. Though this is sloppily in a different way than usual. Pretty much nothing about that Nozomi arc holds up to scrutiny.

Honestly this makes me more amazed that they got a full season out of this material before the seams started to show.

There was only one novel written when the first season of Sound Euphonium went into production. Two sequel novels were subsequently written and published in 2015, and those are what this second season are adapting. So if it seems like this is awkward drama shoehorned into the story after the fact, there's a reason for that!

I'm bashing my head into a wall with this season, I want to love it but I just can't and its been getting harder and harder to even call it average.

I should say I like what the show is doing in all aspects of the production other than the writing of the conflicts driving the storyline, so it's not like I consider it garbage (at least so far).

A show about a high school band program without band drama wouldn't be very realistic at all!

High schoolers behaving in idiotic and nonsensical ways may be realistic, but I can't say I find it enjoyable to watch.

Cornbread78

Blue Exorcist ep.4
I don't know how long it lasts, but this show has a completely different tone to it with these past couple episodes from what I expected. This episode itself had a real "feel good" touch to it that worked really well with these bros.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yuri on Ice 10

The ending sequence is the second most AMAZING thing I've seen all year.

Thoraxes

High schoolers behaving in idiotic and nonsensical ways may be realistic, but I can't say I find it enjoyable to watch.
Oh you are totally in the right on that.

I like it in this show because it just reminds me so damn much of the stuff I saw or was even a part of at that age. Makes me super nostalgic. I get that it's me bringing myself to this, not the other way around though.

Haly

The opening recap in 10 was obviously to give the animators a break, jeez. You guys are too harsh. They're taking a 20 minute nap before animating 12 separate figure skating sequences in a row!

Haly

Also not only is Yuri a talented, masculine, domineering dancer when drunk but he's also super strong.

I mean damn he can support his and another full grown man's weight while orthogonal to a dance pole.

Why is there a dancing pole in the after competition banquet??

Sound! Euphonium S2 10:
In earlier episodes I was fairly critical of some of the stuff with Kumiko and her sister because it didn't really feel earned, but I really enjoyed their stuff in this episode. I thought the fairly low key way that scene was handled was really nice, and I felt a lot more invested in their relationship than I had during previous episodes. The second half with Asuka built on that fairly well. While it came on a little strong at times, it also felt like the natural evolution of where things had been heading. Kumiko's actions make a lot of sense in light of her conversation with Mamiko. The biggest problem I had was that Asuka's actions felt pretty over the top in a couple of places.

I've already watched Majin Bone!

Whoops, I thought his post was referring to someone else, lol.

Still I wish somebody with better persuasion skills than me would watch Majin Bone, make an appealing case for it, and start a chain-reaction of Majin Bone watchers in here like this current Fafner craze going on.

I mean, shit. We have people willing to sit through 26 episodes of garbage in order to get to the other 26 episodes of stuff that's supposedly amazing all the while sitting through Hirai Face.

Meanwhile, Majin Bone has you sitting through around 7 to 11 episodes at worst before its ball starts to get rolling, and that's while it has good character designs and superior animation!

Why is it so hard to get people to watch the latter? :(

Celcius

°Temp. member
Euphonium has been my favorite show this season. Even more then Iron Blooded Orphans actually.

edit: Just watched S2 Ep10 again. So good.

It's a joint class cafe

Jex

When you start to tip toe around the fact that Brotherhood is not a good show...

If people are looking to consume bog-standard, inoffensive content then it's not that terrible of a show to watch. If someone willingly sat through and (presumably?) enjoyed stuff like the Chimera Ant Arc in Hunter X Hunter (2011) then it's basically a step-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom