• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Mob Psycho 100 1
vpxAieCl.jpg
Restarting this since duckroll finally vetted the show for me. Figure now that it's done and I better know what to expect, I won't get tripped up on the humorous elements that were part of the early discussion.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm just in the beginning of the Haikyuu episode but I can say without a doubt this is the best rally in the entire series.
This is the moment it goes from great to elder god status.

Edit: AND IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER

aefadfsafdsadfaeefadfs

I just finished the Macross 7 series. That was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen. Are the movies worth anything at all? I can't believe that
Ray's backstory or the story of the girl with the bouquet was never explained (except for like 10 seconds of Ray seeing Basara for the first time).
. What a fucking stupid show. Some parts were cool, some parts were crazy in an "Oh, you silly mid-90's Japan!" kind of way, but for the most part the show was pretty dumb the whole way through.

Man I find it so infuriating that companies like Aniplex and Sentai lock their dubs behind huge paywalls. I was looking at watching either Kill la Kill or Beyond the Bondary and oh surprise I'm stuck with the sub versions. This is so dumb.

Sengoku Basara S2 6

Toyotomi's actions here were suitably over-the-top, such as literally emptying the sea of water with a single punch. The animation and direction were disappointingly spotty, however, with janky and confusing action that robs the events of some of the impressiveness they should have had.

Narag

Sengoku Basara S2 6

Toyotomi's actions here were suitably over-the-top, such as literally emptying the sea of water with a single punch. The animation and direction were disappointingly spotty, however, with janky and confusing action that robs the events of some of the impressiveness they should have had.

dresden's favorite moment. rip dresden

zulux21

Man I find it so infuriating that companies like Aniplex and Sentai lock their dubs behind huge paywalls. I was looking at watching either Kill la Kill or Beyond the Bondary and oh surprise I'm stuck with the sub versions. This is so dumb.

kill la kill is £60 so around $75 (even less if you want dvd instead) (still not cheap but better, yay imports :/ ) though would need a UK region player.

beyond the boundry is $28 to buy which isn't horrible.

it would be nice if aniplex just had all of their dubs on netflix though.

What?! it did? How come?

if this was a joke it went 100 feet right over my head

the joke was a reference to president elect trump :/

kill la kill is £60 so around $75 (even less if you want dvd instead) (still not cheap but better, yay imports :/ )

beyond the boundry is $28 to buy which isn't horrible.

it would be nice if aniplex just had all of their dubs on netflix though.

the joke was a reference to president elect trump :/
Man it was so obvious it was a Trump joke, I though it was something else.

And yea I'm canadian, Beyong the Boundary costs me a minimum of 90$ CAD. Yea no way.

Jarmel

Banned
Haikyuu S3-10

hmmmmmmmm

The rally itself

The rest of the episode

The first five minutes are just phenomenal on every facet I could think of. There's emotional payoff for Tsuki, great storyboarding, awesome animation (shout out for the best rotational shot in recent years), Hayashi leveling his game up, and the voice actors putting out STELLAR work. The rally at the end of the Aoba Johsai match was a high point of the series. It has been surpassed.
uT9bDBP.jpg

just take me lord
Problem is the rest of the episode. I don't think the rest is that well directed and it's sort of weird. It feels like this rally should have been put at the end of episode 9 and the total of this episode focused on the denouement. I understand that they wanted their climax in the final episode but the rest of the episode feels really flat, especially for what type of event this was. An example being Tsukki in the bathroom in that he's regretting his performance in the match and the direction is just flat all around. I also don't like how they ended the episode, with some sort of sequel teasing. I feel like they should have put more effort into this bookmarking not only this season but the two prior seasons.

zulux21

Man it was so obvious it was a Trump joke, I though it was something else.

And yea I'm canadian, Beyong the Boundary costs me a minimum of 90$ CAD. Yea no way.

is it that much on rightstuf?
it's on sale for $28 american, I know CAD tanked a bit but I doubt it tanked that much :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So is Izetta worth watching? The only series I'm watching this season are Haikyuu, Euphonium, and Girlish Number.

is it that much on rightstuf?
it's on sale for $28 american, I know CAD tanked a bit but I doubt it tanked that much :p

I was checking on amazon canada
but if it's 28
Well it's 28+tax+15*1.3

so about 60$

Yo it's actually worth shopping on rightstuff.

I still won't buy it, but it's a first.

So is Izetta worth watching? The only series I'm watching this season are Haikyuu, Euphonium, and Girlish Number.
I say pass, it's pretty meh.

But from this season I recommend

Poco's Udon world and Occultic;Nine, both very strong shows.

zulux21

I was checking on amazon canada
but if it's 28
Well it's 28+tax+15*1.3

so about 60$

Yo it's actually worth shopping on rightstuff.

I still won't buy it, but it's a first.

I say pass, it's pretty meh.

But from this season I recommend

Poco's Udon world and Occultic;Nine both very strong shows.
is the 15 shipping?

if so I know you can get free shipping, though you need a $150 order I think.

is the 15 shipping?

if so I know you can get free shipping, though you need a $150 order I think.

I get free shipping at 249$, that's a big amount of cash.

Maybe one year, If I discipline myself and only buy all my anime merch on this holiday rightstuff sell, it could be worth it.

The point in the end is still, I hate Aniplex and Sentai for putting paywalls on my dubs.

zulux21

I get free shipping at 249$, that's a big amount of cash.

Maybe one year, If I discipline myself and only buy all my anime merch on this holiday rightstuff sell, it could be worth it.

The point in the end is still, I hate Aniplex and Sentai for putting paywalls on my dubs.

fair enough.
at least for me in the US sentai is cheap enough that I can buy their stuff (heck I even splurge and buy their collectors on sale for like $50-$60 from time to time) I can't afford to buy aniplex stuff though....

well I could (I spend a couple thousand a year between anime, light novels, manga and video games)... but then I wouldn't be able to buy nearly as much other stuff.

Future Card Buddyfight: DDD [ Triple D ] Episode 37
CzSMGQaWQAAuw18.jpg:small

Origin Dragon is pretty cool.

cant believe Baille Soleil Dragon is an actual thing, pretty epic midair combat to keep defeating Origin dragon being reborn from the soul

Aki-at

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable- 37

Continuing from the preview of next episode text to Josuke finally arriving on the scene the level of bombastic hype has reached maximum levels. Which is impressive because it's not like it's happening in some dark castle or on an exploding volcano but a normal street corner.

2 more weeks until this is finished :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kuromukuro 01+02
The mech designs look like knock off Lego products, and when they're put into action it really couldn't be more underwhelming with the bland animation, coreography, shading, etc. It's a shame because the 2D character design is solid here, and the interior background work is really impressive in capturing complex architecture. The samurai guy is just kind of grating whenever he talks so far so I dunno how far I'll go on this.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 4 [ENGDUB]
CzSUDMAWQAAU2dC.jpg:small
CzSVS5RXAAAgAUi.jpg:small

Shion brings out the best Royal Paladins, my favorites were Headwind Knight Selim, Flying Swallow Knight Claus, and Counteroffensive Knight Suleiman. Preferred the first half to the cardfight since the dude is weak but has potential. I dont know how Shion's team will beat Chrono's though.

Kuromukuro 01+02
The mech designs look like knock off Lego products, and when they're put into action it really couldn't be more underwhelming with the bland animation, coreography, shading, etc. It's a shame because the 2D character design is solid here, and the interior background work is really impressive in capturing complex architecture. The samurai guy is just kind of grating whenever he talks so far so I dunno how far I'll go on this.

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be agreeing with you on something mecha related.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 37:

I wish I had more to say on these episodes but they often leave me verklempt.

slelector spread WIXOSS | 01 - 06

Halfway into the second season and I'm still asking myself, "Who the fuck made such a convoluted card game?!" Where's the WIXOSS equivalent of YuGiOh's Kaiba or Pegasus to make such a setting believable? Gah, regardless I am still interested but it had to take until episode 5 where more exposition on selectors and LRIGs via
Futase
was done. But yeah, power of friendship whoooo.

Jex

Kuromukuro 01+02

Should probably be just watching Fafner instead.

Quasar

Kuromukuro 01+02

He really reminded me of Sousuke from FMP.

Sölf

It's okay. You probably don't miss out, but you also won't do anything wrong by watching it.

So, the new WIXOSS, I've only seen the first episode so far. Without spoiling much, does it go into brain fuck territory like S1 and S2?

blurr

Godzilla Resurgence

That was bloody intense. Really great perspective on emergency situation management, left at awe looking at the story flow from top to bottom of the governing hierarchy: decision making to actual execution. There's probably more to probe into it technically but given the length and the pace at which it progressed, it's incredible how much it even included and consistently.

The portrayal of a governing body is one thing but it also touches on a lot of interesting themes and references relating to Japanese society, history and humanity in general.
A lot of moments relating to a potential nuclear bombing in Tokyo were very moving. Godzilla wasn't their biggest or at least their only threat but they were also a threat to themselves. This is interms of the way the society works, ideologies and even the past. Godzilla might by far ahead of a human in its evolutionary prowess but humanity is capable of matching up to it by working together than individually which is where it showed diversification and sharing of information in positive light.

There's too much to unpack in every scene narrative wise and visually
(by the way the Tanks moving and firing scene was epic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom