• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Well, that's what I mean. It's not worth it for Sentai (who shoves out anything that Funimation/Crunchy won't pay for) to put it out, or to even license it for streaming, because they are asking for too much and don't expect many people to care about it.

I mean, I have no idea if people are cosplaying as Chitanda at AX or whatever, but of all of KyoAni's recent properties, even the non-yuri band anime seems to have more "appeal" than Hyouka.

Wasn't a BD-Box released in Japan not that long ago? Knowing Kadokawa, there's probably a long hold-back period because of it.

I'm pretty confident that it will be released here sooner or later. I'm betting that Funimation will be the ones to grab it; they might just toss it out on a sub-only BD like Nichijou.

Would you guys really want to buy Funimation/Sentai quality Hyouka BDs though?

A show that looks as good as Hyouka deserves better than that. I wasn't the biggest fan of the show, but like, it deserves better than that if not for the visual strengths alone.

I absolutely agree with you! Who else would pick up the show, though? NISA is no longer active, and I don't recall Discotek licensing any Kadokawa properties. Companies like Aniplex and Pony Canyon are ruled out from the start due to how they operate. Perhaps Crunchyroll could grab it themselves, but it's entirely possible that Funimation will be the one authoring their discs. I don't see any optimal solution, unfortunately.

Szadek

Koyomimonogatari - Ep.9
The best episode so far, obviously.
For some reason I now really want to eat a donut.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Ep. 16-17
Since I got Bebop and don't feel like starting a new anime, I most focusing on clearing my on hold list.
Anyway, both episodes were pretty good. Looks like Kudelia is going to show why they call her the maiden of revolution, so that should be interesting.

I caved and ended up watching Your Name during my Singapore Airlines flight. Really loved it. Good storyline and the ending wasn't completely fucked.

Wish we got more of
the adult timeline
but overall
I'm glad we got a happy ending
. Even on SD quality the movie was absolutely gorgeous. The art is just out of this world.

Need Blu Ray ASAP.

blurr

what other fan service have been as indulgent in its theme as Keijo!!!!!!!! (I made sure I had the right number of exclamation marks in respect)

I'm frankly entertained just by the screencaps I see on twitter, perhaps that's the occassional peak of it but it's pretty amusing.

Narag

what other fan service have been as indulgent in its theme as Keijo!!!!!!!! (I made sure I had the right number of exclamation marks in respect)

I'm frankly entertained just by the screencaps I see on twitter, perhaps that's the occassional peak of it but it's pretty amusing.

Manyuu Hikenchou

Prison School

Cornbread78

Manyuu Hikenchou

WTF....

The Edo period of Japan gave rise to a clan of warriors with a very specialized, magical skill. The clan was known as the Manyuu, and the skill was the ability to administer a sword strike that could shrink the size of a woman’s breasts. This might not seem like an ability that could exert power over a land, but in Manyuu Hikenchou, large breasts denote status, wealth, fame, and influence.

Grave concern has arisen in the Manyuu clan due to the actions of their chosen successor, Chifusa. Disgusted with the breast obsessed society that the Manyuu have created and perpetuated, Chifusa has not only deserted the clan, but also stolen the sacred scroll that details their techniques to growing and severing breasts.

Fortunately, Chifusa is not completely alone. Her fellow warrior Kaede is sympathetic to her cause; a sympathy that could place her in considerable danger. Now wanted by the very clan that raised her, Chifusa must defend her life and Kaede’s while seeking to undo the damage their brethren have done to the land. Along the way, Chifusa will discover that she harbors a power that goes far beyond the scope of her training, one that could help shape and change the land that she seeks to bring equality to.

O My, I just saw an image of an octopus with long tentacles...

Line_HTX

Qwaser

Freezing

Heart x Hybrid Ataraxia something something

Hundred?

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 37

6HLsIjk.png

Cornbread78

Blue Exorcist ep.6
xwLNX5E.jpg

This show has a lot more comedy than I was expecting, and continues to be a fun watch. So the demon kid can cook and has made a new buddy, lol.

DREAM FESTIVAL! Episode 11 – The Feeling We Want to Hold High!!!!!
CzPmsiHWEAEsoCp.jpg:large

I love Start Dash and also its instrumental. Kind of loved the episode with its recap scenes mixed in, however...why did they use clips direct from the OP. It kind of felt lazy since weve seen these 11 weeks now. Though I still liked the moments especially the dance practice.

Shige-san is great.

Eumi

Stressful day today. Man, did this help. I always love how kinda mundane this finale is. There's a lot of emotion behind it but the actual fight is really quite simple.

Although one thing did hit me. Where does stray cat go when
Kira retracts his stand
? It's a physical object, it can be seen by others, so it shouldn't disappear.

I'd take more issue with it if it made any sense to begin with that a cats stand power is to be reborn as a plant, but it's still weird. I wonder if it's like being put in a pokeball?

Bungo Stray Dogs 2 Episode 23

Well when I think about action anime, I guess BSD is the top of the list this season (outside of game adaptations). Loved both Akutagawa and Atsushi giving it their all and perhaps even more. This is the kind of battling I love and the rivals become understanding themes that I wish more series would use.

Now do something good for yourself and read My Hero Academia.

Nisekoi was an ok read tho imo.

----------------------

That feeling when you are so sure Haikyu is airing at 2 pm but it's actually airing at 2:30 pm....terrible

think of us who were strung along for the past...5 years...

hahaha

ha....

haha...ahhhhhhhhhh FUCK NISEKOI

You poor poor man

Now do something good for yourself and read My Hero Academia.

Nisekoi was an ok read tho imo.

----------------------

That feeling when you are so sure Haikyu is airing at 2 pm but it's actually airing at 2:30 pm....terrible

It was bad. I was skimmimg through chapters and I was already getting bored. I can only imagine actually reading through it.
I

I liked chitoge the most by the end. Fuck the pain away.

Fuck the pain away.

Szadek

Koyomimonogatari - Ep. 12
WTF is going on?
WTF was that ending?
WTF was that post credit scene?

Defiently the best and by far most important episode of Koyomi.
It's probably better to wait until Owarimonogatari S2(or whatever it's going to be) is out before watching this, but I want to be on the same page as everyone else before watching kizu next months.

I started One Piece manga.

I should probably do that too, I have been chopping away at episode since like May, but I hitted a wall at around episode 216. And to say I want to be up to date with the anime to go watch One Piece Gold with him. Time is growing thin.

Chindogg

Yuuri on Ice is almost as absurdly indulgent.

phaze

Oh my God

I read the nisekoi manga in a few days. I clearly must hate myself.

That
goddamn leaf
cucked millions of people.

Bungou Stray Dogs 23

Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, Dazai-san, notice me.
Dare I hope we're past that after this episode ?
Quite a bit finally came together here character arc wise but alas it was contnously being marred by Akutagawa's nonsensical lust for his senpai.

phaze

How many eps of Haikyuu are left ?

Edit: So that's the grand finale huh ? Hopefully it can fill the shoes of the previous ones.

Just from looking at the coming up shows on CR it seems the new addition for this week from their partnership will be

Norgami
Psycho Pass S2
Terror in Resonance

e_i

Mai Mai Miracle is finally shipping!
Now if only A Hat In Time and Go Forth Alicia can be delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom