• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubuki Buranki 23

y0WQEe1.jpg
eTRRCur.jpg

VLINAT5.jpg

Best Mech show of 2016. Things didn't play out in the final confrontation like I had thought they would but they were still great moments all around and helped answer a lot of the lingering questions. Music selections and the battles were top notch. I know this show will be in my top 10 of 2016.

Szadek

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku - Ep. 11
The fights sucked hard.
2 Characters died,but both of them sucked so who cares (not to mention that thier death scenes sucked as well) and they both died for the same stupid reason anyway.
Swim Swim somehow survied a huge explosion right in her face basically unharmed and only got knocked out of magical form (something that never happend before btw).

The anime feels the need to give a character that died like 6 episodes or so go ever so slight more personality, despite it being way too late for that kind of stuff.

At least Ripples transformation sequence was good, so that's something I guess.

Shuumatsu no Izetta - Ep. 11
One of the best episodes of the series.
I'm worried that 1 episode won't be enough to finish the series properly.
Hopefully we will at least get the yuri kiss we are all wating for.

Bubuki Buranki 23

Best Mech show of 2016. Things didn't play out in the final confrontation like I had thought they would but they were still great moments all around and helped answer a lot of the lingering questions. Music selections and the battles were top notch. I know this show will be in my top 10 of 2016.

Im glad the first OP song was used again, so catchy.

Bubuki Buranki 23

It's miracle that the writer stop being high and successfully end the show that with explain most of things(i know still one more episode, i wonder will Reoko x Azuma end up happens lol).
Still, Sanzigen did pretty good in action scene, i hope ID-0 will have better writing(well, Yosuke Kuroda is fine writer, plus Goro Taniguchi is directing).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
3 Lions Episode 9:

Holy fuck, I am just done with this turdburger of a show, every time it manages to suck me in with some actually compelling serious drama, they decide to interject with some wacky madcap antics that completely ruins the scene. Fuck this, I am done, this may be the most infuriating show I have watched all year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWWWORKING!!!

These morons are going to end up married and acting like they don't like it the entire time.

Joe Molotov

The Great Passage, bro.

Man, it would be pretty sweet if this were on some sort of video streaming platform. Maybe one that cost $99 a year and gave you free 2 day shipping and such on a variety items in addition to streaming The Great Passage. Oh wouldn't that be a lovely day if such a place existed?

Narag

Man, it would be pretty sweet if this were on some sort of video streaming platform. Maybe one that cost $99 a year and gave you free 2 day shipping and such on a variety items in addition to video streaming. Oh wouldn't that be a lovely day if such a place existed?

Funny enough, it is in the UK but not the US. Trump's America for you.

Thud

3 Lions Episode 9:

Holy fuck, I am just done with this turdburger of a show, every time it manages to suck me in with some actually compelling serious drama, they decide to interject with some wacky madcap antics that completely ruins the scene. Fuck this, I am done, this may be the most infuriating show I have watched all year.

A shame anime watchers can't get the same experience from it as the manga.

I covered it a while ago that a straight adaption might not be the best approach for this series. As someone that read the material it's been pretty good for me. I didn't expect to enjoy the anime based on my preferences. Normally I like to see some action or something that moves me (no not Clannad cornbread).

Jex

Man, it would be pretty sweet if this were on some sort of video streaming platform. Maybe one that cost $99 a year and gave you free 2 day shipping and such on a variety items in addition to streaming The Great Passage. Oh wouldn't that be a lovely day if such a place existed?

As a UK resident I can confirm that that's exactly where it is for me!

I covered it a while ago that a straight adaption might not be the best approach for this series. As someone that read the material it's been pretty good for me. I didn't expect to enjoy the anime based on my preferences. Normally I like to see some action or something that moves me (no not Clannad cornbread).

The problem is that is too much a literal adaption, yep. You also have the cutesy/slapstick comedy chapters, followed by dark, brooding, melancholic scenes in the manga.
I think the difference is that the material comes alive much more in an anime: you hear the voices of the girls, you have the assault of color in your eyes, etc, it makes both sides of the same coin (light parts, dark parts) to be even more light and dark, so the contrast is too much.

Quasar

Well it's working perfectly fine for me. Really enjoying it. Definitively plan to switch to the manga when the anime is over as I'll want the rest of the story.

DAYS Episode 23 – I'm a Member of Seiseki's Soccer Team, Too

The opposing team isnt interesting but this final bit of the match was. Tsukamoto is great, and Haibari is easily MVP. I dont know what role Kurusu is supposed to have.

Beautiful endgame kick and also amazing when Tsukamoto was about to score but the other guy dumbly pulled him down, lol

godisntheradio

Neo Member
WWW WAGNARIA!! EP11

i think this was one of the best episodes yet, every scene was a hit and miyakoshi was super cute, i'm already sad it's just 1 season

Eumi

I swear to god I'm going to just melt when these two have an actually romantic scene. They're both so adorable and stupid.

Ascheroth

Valkyria Chronicles

It took me 2 years, but here I am, I've finally completed it!
Better anime story than most anime. While it's nothing ground-breaking, they absolutely nailed the epilogue and final confrontation. (I'm so glad that it wasn't some kind of magic/god/ancient-evil thing even though the game had it's share of supernatural elements, but just pure German Science Is The Best In The World, in a way :p)

Also the entire artstyle is so, so beautiful.

Occultic;Nine 10

We finally started getting some answers, but for every question answered, they provided at least one new one. With the pacing this show can have (especially with the dialogue), I'm almost nervous at how they're going to have to cram all the answers into the last two episodes.

It seems one of the nine managed to
revive herself
, so I'm sure
at least half of the others will have the same happen to them.

Some good stuff, but it was mostly set-up, so I'm interested to see the fallout next week.

Magical Girl Raising Project 11

That fight was pretty disappointing, but the way they killed one of the girls was pretty funny.

3gatsu 09

Yeah...I really don't understand what tone they wanted for this episode. Do they want me to feel bad for this old dude or laugh at him? And did we really need that stupid cat shogi thing in the middle of the episode again?

Rei's foster sister seriously feels like she should be in Monogatari and not here. She's some weird mix of Math and Crab.

Cornbread78

Valkyria Chronicles

Better anime story than most anime. While it's nothing ground-breaking, they absolutely nailed the epilogue and final confrontation. (I'm so glad that it wasn't some kind of magic/god/ancient-evil thing even though the game had it's share of supernatural elements, but just pure German Science Is The Best In The World, in a way :p)

Lol, I made the OT, bought it at launch, but still haven't play it past ch.2. Bad me..

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I actually loved this week's 3-gatsu. It felt very human in its blend of hardship and humor, and the comedy actually worked for once. More than that the dramatic elements here we're not emotionally exploitative, so the character backstory could just kind of speak for itself. The show is basically running two ED sequences right now though, and I was watching this in the bath so the unexpected torture of baby voices singing about shogi to CG cats was completely unavoidable.

Thud

Valkyria Chronicles

I need to finish this as I recently made some progress. I appreciate the reports (sidestories) and the story, however the amount of missions is pretty scarce.

Also one of the few games I play dubbed. Hell, I think with this setting Dutch would work as well. Suggestive placement on the world map would agree with me that this basically a fictive England vs Germany with Holland in between.

Gotta love nature while riding this tank.

Wanderer5

3gatsu 09

Yeah...I really don't understand what tone they wanted for this episode. Do they want me to feel bad for this old dude or laugh at him? And did we really need that stupid cat shogi thing in the middle of the episode again?

Rei's foster sister seriously feels like she should be in Monogatari and not here. She's some weird mix of Math and Crab.

I be honest, that was when I just closed the stream for a little bit lol. Nice Darth Vader cameo I guess through.:p

Edit: Okay the saying the sound effects thing is really getting on my nerves more times than not.

Qurupeke

Valkyria Chronicles

While I don't really consider it a bad story, I feel people give it way too much credit. They tackle some interesting themes, but not as much as I'd hope for, and rather clumsily I'd say. It's more like they nail some of the big story moments, not that the story is particularly good. Still it's enjoyable. Surprising good game.

Ascheroth

While I don't really consider it a bad story, I feel people give it way too much credit. They tackle some interesting themes, but not as much as I'd hope for, and rather clumsily I'd say. It's more like they nail some of the big story moments, not that the story is particularly good. Still it's enjoyable. Surprising good game.

I agree, the story isn't amazing. It's a solid story that is elevated by them nailing some key story moments and having a very good epilogue.
Which means it's still better than most anime :p

Thud

I agree, the story isn't amazing. It's a solid story that is elevated by them nailing some key story moments and having a very good epilogue.
Which means it's still better than most anime :p

Like Xanadu Next.

That ending left me with teary eyes. Not because of my crappy ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom