• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Sölf;226345429 said:
It's okay. You probably don't miss out, but you also won't do anything wrong by watching it.

So, the new WIXOSS, I've only seen the first episode so far. Without spoiling much, does it go into brain fuck territory like S1 and S2?

Germanians should have just built an anti witch mecha. Witch vs Witch is so passé.

Reknoc

I just finished the Macross 7 series. That was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen. Are the movies worth anything at all? I can't believe that
Ray's backstory or the story of the girl with the bouquet was never explained (except for like 10 seconds of Ray seeing Basara for the first time).
. What a fucking stupid show. Some parts were cool, some parts were crazy in an "Oh, you silly mid-90's Japan!" kind of way, but for the most part the show was pretty dumb the whole way through.

Dynamite is a must watch, the actual movie is okay. At least one of the things you wanted shows up in one of the Encore episodes though.

JulianImp

Germanians should have just built an anti witch mecha. Witch vs Witch is so passé.

Yeah, I was half-expecting them to somehow learn to either use or counter magic with the power of not-German science, but I guess giving them a witch of their own was important to paint them as a priority target for the US of Atlanta, because while Fine has a powerful witch of her own, the not-Germans are now even worse with their ambition and the means to achieve it.

Also, I don't get at all why would having Sophie drink Izetta's blood directly even work any better than having her drink the samples they had stockpiled. Like, was that scene good at anything other than blatant yuri fanservice?

Still haven't watched the latest episode, but it's kind of sad how the show's been squandering its okay-ish plot with boring, cookie-cutter plot developments.

Sterok

Sölf;226345429 said:
So, the new WIXOSS, I've only seen the first episode so far. Without spoiling much, does it go into brain fuck territory like S1 and S2?
New Wixoss has gone full nuts to match the equivalent point in Selector I think. Show has several issues, but if you liked the first two seasons you'll probably enjoy it.

Sölf

New Wixoss has gone full nuts to match the equivalent point in Selector I think. Show has several issues, but if you liked the first two seasons you'll probably enjoy it.

Thanks, then I will probably continue with it. All those filthy gaijin shows now have their winterbreak, so I have more time for glorious nippon shows.

Cornbread78

Yeah, I was half-expecting them to somehow learn to either use or counter magic with the power of not-German science, but I guess giving them a witch of their own was important to paint them as a priority target for the US of Atlanta, because while Fine has a powerful witch of her own, the not-Germans are now even worse with their ambition and the means to achieve it.

Also, I don't get at all why would having Sophie drink Izetta's blood directly even work any better than having her drink the samples they had stockpiled. Like, was that scene good at anything other than blatant yuri fanservice?

Still haven't watched the latest episode, but it's kind of sad how the show's been squandering its okay-ish plot with boring, cookie-cutter plot developments.

Damn, pretty spot on and I agree completely.

Back to bed now...

Girlish Number 09

You know every episode I think Chitose can't become more of an unlikeable, spoiled princess bitch who doesn't realize how low on the totem pole she is and every episode that she is in I am proven wrong.

Lostorage Incited WIXOSS 10

I could feel where this episode was going in regards to Shou but I wasn't sure how it would play out. I wonder if this will be the second to final trigger to snap Chinatsu out of her edgelord bullshit phase she seems to be realizing isn't helping.
The biggest surprise was the fact that Piruluk got so easily defeated and fucked up by Kou.

Kiss Him, Not Me Episode 10 – Brother Invasion!
CzUdzEyXgAAc_8c.jpg:small
CzUgANrXcAQDb5R.jpg:small

I love how Nana is always the one that ends up in these situations,and continuing 4 x 7 stuff. SO good.

Nii-san is hilarious.

MSMrRound

We can always just watch episode 1 of Izetta and forget that the rest of it even exist.
it had such a promising premiere too...sucks that it went the way of Haifuri e.g great start->generic "we can see it coming a thousand miles away" writing

blurr

Hibike Euphonium S2 10

Well Asuka is ultimately a normal person - surprise I guess?

Real surprise was that her facade was meant to cover a predicament that is tragic and a personality that is selfish, more over with feeble resolve. I'm not judging but I understand Haruka, she was a disappointment in some ways but that's not exactly her fault or anyone's for that matter. It's the bleak reality that dawns upon everyone in this otherwise seemingly vibrant little world. Asuka cynically points out - does anyone really want her back? reflecting her own personality onto others. Kumiko has no answer to it because she can't speak for anyone but herself, just the way you can't assume Asuka's perfect unless you are herself. Asuka had the logical advantage, she's skillful at breaking down an argument but Kumiko caught a hold of one certainity, herself. She knows she wants her back, that's all she can reassure for Asuka, this argument had the weight of empathy which thankfully was enough to push her.

I knew shortly after her sister advised her not to have any regrets, it felt more appropriate for Asuka than Kumiko and that's partly how her sister's drama ties in with Asuka's. Both of these drama hold the idea of inspiration through someone and for that someone to witness them in their prime, I suppose that is why Kumiko went that extra mile for Asuka.

Bungo Stray Dogs 23

This episode was pretty fantastic, the season 2 of BSD really brought this series to an higher level. The action and plot here were are really good. And man if that was only the start of the fight, I can't wait to see the rest.

Time Bokan 24 Episode 11 “Guns First Being Introduced to Japan Was Actually ______ First Being Introduced to Japan!”

Hilarious true history of guns instead being meant as the historyof underwear there or rather the value in Tokios underwears elasticity. Much better than a few of the past random episodes.

The lack of a new year Monogatri special this year makes me quite sad.

The world needs the wisdom of Owarigatari Part III and the Final Season more than ever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The lack of a new year Monogatri special this year makes me quite sad.

The world needs the wisdom of Owarigatari Part III and the Final Season more than ever.
New book comes out Dec. 20th and is honestly a way better experience than the lazy stuff Shaft was regularly doing in the specials and TV space.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Psycho Pass 2 > Psycho Pass 1

• Competent Akane.
  • Incompetent rest of the world further emphasising the above point.
  • No monologues quoting the complete works of the British Library.
  • The unpopular opinion which auto makes you cool.

Occultic;Nine 10 - Another Girl, Another Planet

81efb0d76da9fb674bfc37348dbcea85.jpg

First scene into the episode and the first thing I say is *oh shit*. This new fellow that just entered definitely just cranked up the feeling of urgency for our group of protagonist. And so I kind of like how they introduced time travel so far. At first I was kind of scared, because time travel in anime can easily equal to fuck ups, but no it was well handled and the many revelation in this episode like how
It's actually the daughter of Nikola Tesla time travelling to try and save I guess what is the future she saw by following the radio waves into the future.

With this reveal though, half of my cool theories just aren't possible anymore...and I was finding myself so cool too.

That post-credit scene, with what we saw happen to Myu with albino boy, Ririka is deep in the shit right now.

Really cool concept, the suspense in this show is also always at an high.

Also I noted some camera stuff that some people here would most definitely not like lol.

duckroll

So now that I watched Mob Psycho 100 and finished Haikyu S3, what is even the point of anime anymore? Time to go back to white man stuff on Netflix, right?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Izetta Episode 11:

If we had more episodes like this then this would have been a much better series. Also, still holding back that big damn kiss that everybody is waiting for there.

Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters 11:

This show is just fantastic. I feel like this episode had everything in it. When the characters were diving into the Net Ocean, I got chills and actually felt emotional. The music was wonderful, and just the whole visual style was as Digimon as it could be. The islands in the Net Ocean really remind me heavily of how the world in Digimon Tamers was set up. After 11 episodes, we finally have a proper Digital World, even if they aren't calling it that. I want to explore this world more and more. It was also really nice to see some brief bits of the Appmon in a native habitat. We didn't get a whole lot, but what was there was really nice. There were also a lot of bits of comedy, especially when the Reviewmon were giving their reviews of the main characters.

We even got a little bit of that comedy during the fight Sakusimon. The scene of the characters trying to dodge the Dogatchi Buster was really funny, even though the surrounding bits were really serious. This is two episodes in a row now where the characters have really gotten their butts handed to them. We can really see what a massive gap in power they're facing currently. And the scenes at the end of the episode went a long ways towards making me like Rei. He was really cool when he showed up, and now that we're getting to understand his motivation, he feels a lot better. I'm curious to find out exactly what happened to his brother, and it looks like that we'll be the main part of next week's episode. The work the show has put into developing the main cast and their relationships is really paying off well here. An episode like this can only really work if the viewer is actually invested in all of the main cast, so it's good that they've spent a lot of time on them so far.

With 11 episodes down, I find myself loving this show more and more each week. There's still a lot of stuff left to do, but right now I'm prepared to think of this show as being my favorite kids anime since at least 2006. They've really just gotten everything right with the show so far.

Sterok

Shuumatsu no Izetta 11

Berkman. A prime example of why evil overlords need to properly reward competent underlings. Shouldn't it be fine for Izetta to use magic without the stone when in an area where there's lots of magic? Ration its use so that she experiences less painy death time. They kissed right? They totally kissed.

Haven't seen 11 yet, but it really is a joy to watch.
Why the hell is no one simulcasting this.

I think Toei has been trying unsuccessfully to get someone to pick the show up for dubbing/TV airing. Maybe eventually they'll realize that Saban's horrid handling of Xros Wars poisoned the well too much and that there's not really a market for anything aside from a simulcast.

It's definitely frustrating not to have any sort of stream to point people towards. It's been such a breath of fresh air as a show.

Sterok

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku 11

Time for more flashbacks of doom. Starring... Cranberry?
It's still not super clear on whether she was from the magic world or not. Cranberry's sound manipulation is a lot stronger than I thought. Wow, did Tama just dig through Cranberry's body? So much for her being useless. In hindsight I probably should've taken the episode title to mean Cranberry would lose, meaning Fav would need time to get things ready with a new master. I'd say screw Swim, but we already knew that. Extended flashback for someone who just died. Sure, why not. I knew I was right in liking Ruler. Swim Swim is a terrible master for this sort of thing. Must me why Fav seems intent on getting Ripple to kill her. My guess is that Ripple kills Swim, then dies from injuries or commits suicide or whatever, but my track record for for this show has been abysmal, so my predictions don't mean anything.

phaze

3-gatsu no Lion 09

For once I'd agree with people complaining about the tonal shifts, as the comedic tint at display through most of ep wasn't funny and overstayed its welcome by a lot, actively undercutting the buildup from the previous episode. Thankfully, the last 5 minutes managed to save all that capping the storyline nicely. (Before more obnoxious comedy did its best to ruin the mood)

How very timely.

UtaPri Legend Star 11
CzVaJRiXgAApZXq.jpg:small
CzVdMJ5WQAAE4ia.jpg:small

Stop, I hope Eiichi doesnt let him write the lyrics please no.

Im glad Eiichi was actually worried for Otoya and that Otoya really likes him and their song, best part of this whole anime for me. Otoya needs more plots.

I was afraid this would go the B Pro route but STARISH saved the say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom