• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just so glad the best girl won Nisekoi.

yuri%2520kuma%25200302.png

e_i

The Bakemonogatari Part 1 light novel comes out in a little more than a week. Better finish Kuzu then. Goblin Slayer light novel volume 1 comes out on the same day as well.

Haikyu S3 10

What a finale! This was an amazing last epsiode. That last rally between the 2 teams was pure fantastic amazing marvellous HYPE! I was crying with everyone....it was amazing!

That tease at the end! I suppose season 4 is quite the long way out tho :( I want more!

Man my anime of the season will be hard to choose. Haikyu, O;9 or the new one that recently catch my heart hard, Poco's Udon world. I guess it will depend on the next few episode of the latter two.

JulianImp

Koyomimonogatari - Ep. 12
WTF is going on?
WTF was that ending?
WTF was that post credit scene?

Defiently the best and by far most important episode of Koyomi.
It's probably better to wait until Owarimonogatari S2(or whatever it's going to be) is out before watching this, but I want to be on the same page as everyone else before watching kizu next months.

That freaking ending is the reason I picked up the final Owarimonogatari VN and started reading it.

Still, you didn't have to watch it in preparation for Kizu, since it being a prequel means you could pick references up when watching later seasons anyway. I guess Shinobu can be better undersood after her arc in Owari, but even that isn't all that important to understand Kizu itself.

I wish I could've staid just one more month in Japan so I could watch Kizu 3 in theaters as well, but I guess I'll just have to import the BD when it releases.

Ascheroth

Haikyuu S3 #10

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
That was hype AF. And perfect epilogue to the match, like it always is with Haikyuu.
Guess that means it's time to catch up on the manga so that I'll have forgotten everything again by the time next season hits.

It's over and only 2 more weeks of JoJo :(
Will Fridays be the same ever again?

For eveybody that got the mini Haikyu survey on CR's website for the best character, you better have voted for Shoyo. I would accept Nishinoya as another possible answer.

e_i

Mahou no Stella episode 10

Boo. Shii should have "punished" Honda
in bed like you're mother wanted!

phaze

Haikyuu S3 10

Tepid finale for a tepid season. Should have finished the match in the previous episode as here, the last rally at the very beginning lacked the buildup and impact. And crucify me all you want, those sudden instances ofover the top storyboarding are pretty awful both in the Op, in this episode, and that one earlier one. Yes I get that that karasuno are crows but you don't need to literally beat me over the head with your related, cheesy imagery every single time.

----

It's not like Haikyii was ever a paragon of writing and I'm not sure if it's not just a change in perspective since I'm not marathoning it for 22 episodes now (and that's really where my problems started festering) but I found this season in particular to be singularly bereft of anything interesting script wise. Shiratorizowa were a bunch of anonymous characters at the beginning and even with the desperate attempts to give them some characterization and depth, they ended up being boring and devoid of any interesting dynamics with the Karasuno. The previous cour was very similar in that respect but there the writers could at least fall back on Oikawa at the end (and he is the one interesting opponent this show has) not so much here. Tsukki stuff was nice I guess but I feel the price we paid for that was just lack of any development for Tobio and Hinata, skill and character wise.

Hitoka is sadly such a waste of space.

That +540 cut sure was nice though.

Szadek

That freaking ending is the reason I picked up the final Owarimonogatari VN and started reading it.

Still, you didn't have to watch it in preparation for Kizu, since it being a prequel means you could pick references up when watching later seasons anyway. I guess Shinobu can be better undersood after her arc in Owari, but even that isn't all that important to understand Kizu itself.

I wish I could've staid just one more month in Japan so I could watch Kizu 3 in theaters as well, but I guess I'll just have to import the BD when it releases.
I know that I don't have anything but bake before watching the movies.
This was mostly my way to get more hyped for the movies.

JulianImp

I'm pretty excited for Bake though. And eventually Nise...

I dunno. Part of the reason I can put up with Nisio's quirky writing is that I'm constantly imagining the characters acting the scenes out, since things get a bit too verbose at times. I honestly don't think I'd actually appreciate the series as much if it wasn't for Shaft adding their own quirky style on top of the already quirky writing.

And that makes me even more amazed with what they did for Kizu, since adapting a series that is basically about Araragi monologuing every other line by changing his spoken narration into a visual one instead is nothing short of admirable.

TUSR

Banned
Koyomimonogatari - Ep. 12
WTF is going on?
WTF was that ending?
WTF was that post credit scene?

Defiently the best and by far most important episode of Koyomi.
It's probably better to wait until Owarimonogatari S2(or whatever it's going to be) is out before watching this, but I want to be on the same page as everyone else before watching kizu next months.

This episode is very important leading into Owari part 2.

Qurupeke

I dunno. Part of the reason I can put up with Nisio's quirky writing is that I'm constantly imagining the characters acting the scenes out, since things get a bit too verbose at times. I honestly don't think I'd actually appreciate the series as much if it wasn't for Shaft adding their own quirky style on top of the already quirky writing.

And that makes me even more amazed with what they did for Kizu, since adapting a series that is basically about Araragi monologuing every other line by changing his spoken narration into a visual one instead is nothing short of admirable.

I can't argue with that, but I'm just looking forward to re-experiencing the works in a different format. Kizu was a pretty nice read and it felt very different to the film, which had its own set of strengths, of course.

Wanderer5

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 #11

Lol at Akutagawa getting trolled by his dear Dazai-san at the beginning. Can't say I really care for that through, nor do I really enjoy him a lot in ways, but his blood ninja like form looks boss.

And damn at Fitzgerald's ability, through it works quite well with the Great Gatsby name. And now for the final battle, and the final episode.:(

Haikyuu - 10

Yeah that ending of the match was butchered by splitting it into this episode and also going mega corny with the imagery. I easily would've preferred Hinata making the point last episode before cutting to the ED and let this episode be all catharsis + cooling down.

Overall I definitely enjoyed the season but with a tighter pacing this could've been substantially better.

Wanderer5

I see Pyscho-Pass 2 is now on Crunchyroll. Should I bother? I know some things about it that irks me quite a bit after how great the first show is.

Sölf

I see Pyscho-Pass 2 is now on Crunchyroll. Should I bother? I know some things about it that irks me quite a bit after how great the first show is.

I don't think it's as bad as many others in here, but it's definitly worse than S1 and the movie.

Gintama - Love Potion Arc 1+2
Oh god, I missed Gintama so much. <3
After 10 minutes my face basically froze in a grinning position for the rest of these two episodes. Man, after all the serious arcs at the end of last season I really liked having more of the usual whackiness. Now here is hope the next season animates some of the skipped stuff or just flashbacks it in the middle because it's fucking Gintama.

Also, dayum, Tsukuyo and Gintoki were so good together in this OVA.

Thud

Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable 37

Shit so crazy not even Crazy Diamond can fix it.

What a ride, but it ain't over just yet. Looking forward to next week~

Pretty sure this is the one ship everyone wants in the history of Anime and Manga. If you don't then fuck you

The way they are both written and their histories make it so that there is really no other option (unless Gin dies.) Like yeah there is another option but you're straight up wrong. Tsuki and Gin have some of the best interactions in the show.

Sterok

Lostorage Incited Wixoss 10

Suzuko really wants to be actually helpful to someone for once. Even The Edge is traumatized after that scene. Shirai is persistent, even though he's never made any progress. Meru is just a yes-woman, and possibly evil. Whoops, The Edge has a regret.
Here's the big one, Satomi vs Kiyoi. And... so much for the Kiyoi hype. Of course she can't take down the main antagonist, but I still hoped she would make him sweat a bit. Hopefully she has another trick up her sleeve, even if it's just calling for backup. Satomi is having his fun, but he's got 4 coins, so he can't win another battle for awhile unless he wants to forfeit the OP Carnival. Huh, Donor genuinely cared for Shirai. That makes 1 good LRIG this round. Now we're at 3 for 3 on guys being complete garbage. Kazuki would be ashamed.

Taking bets on whether there's going to be a second season. Hard to see how everything gets properly wrapped up in 2 episodes (though there is a way to take down Satomi at least), so I say yes.

The Great Passage - 09

This show has a creepy and weird sense of detail... in a good way. Like when she put her hand up to block the sun and the sunshine actually went through the flesh on her fingers like in real life:
Like goddamn.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 084

4nSuUkA.jpg

NOPE. Nah. Fuck you. I didn't hear that. I didn't hear the line about the bad year being only half over either. Stop.

I think this series does a good job of portraying the awkward nature of mutual respect among military opponents. Like here we are as respectful and honorable soldiers saluting each other and shaking hands but when we leave, the chance of me killing you by this time next week hasn't changed at all.

Also they changed the ED back to the first one. This one was getting sad now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom