• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Not watching anything at the moment but looking at the near future, I guess I'm going to have to sub to Netflix next year to check out LWA,
still not opened my LWA2 BD.

Also hype is through the roof for Rakugo.

That Off Topic Guyver Thread got me psyched again for the Manga. Enough so my Wife decided for our 1 year anniversary today she'd like to be subjected to the OVA series, just to try and understand what's so great about Guyver.

Jex

I seem to recall a lot of people saying that you had to wade through a lot of formulaic stuff before you started getting towards anything that was really artistically interesting.

I don't understand a comparison between Fafner and the MCU. I mean, Fafner starts out very janky bland but it gets really good eventually!

I don't understand a comparison between Fafner and the MCU. I mean, Fafner starts out very janky bland but it gets really good eventually!

Majin Bone starts off as what you'd expect to see from a tokusatsu show in anime form but it barely even takes a quarter of the show for it to start getting really good!

It just makes me want to headdesk. So much concentrated stupidity and the same lame deadly chocolate 'gag' that wore out its welcome after one episode.
Brought to you by AnimeGAF, LOL.
:)
I am still watching it though. Some parts clearly still amuse me.
I think it works in this case since it's driving their development forward. It's their thing by now, it's not just a gag. I love their talks with St. Valentine LOL.

www.working isn't anywhere near as good as the original series. It's never as funny. They concentrated all of the romance of many characters into one fucking season. Does anyone still remember the blonde dude since he doesn't have a romance?

Regardless it's never bad enough to drop but not good enough where I'd feel good ranking it in top 10 unless i had nothing better.

By the way will the AOTY thread begin the second these shows end?

Brought to you by AnimeGAF, LOL.

www.working isn't anywhere near as good as the original series. It's never as funny. They concentrated all of the romance of many characters into one fucking season. Does anyone still remember the blonde dude since he doesn't have a romance?

Regardless it's never bad enough to drop but not good enough where I'd feel good ranking it in top 10 unless i had nothing better.

By the way will the AOTY thread begin the second these shows end?

When you put it against most of the stuff airing this season, I think it fares pretty well. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I'll leave that up in the air. I'll just say I'm more entertained by this than Eupho S2. And definitely more than Sangatsu, which I'm watching atm.

When you put it against most of the stuff airing this season, I think it fares pretty well. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I'll leave that up in the air. I'll just say I'm more entertained by this than Eupho S2. And definitely more than Sangatsu, which I'm watching atm.

it's the only show I'm watching this season if that says anything

Monday through friday and Sunday I do jack fucking shit

HEYBOT! 12

CzWpE8NVEAAhQRU.jpg

ITS HIS DICK

Sangatsu - 09

Did I just see Darth Vader in my Shogi anime? I cannot tell whether this show wants to be serious or funny. Shit goes 0 to 100 too quick, no build up to the comedy, nothing. One moment they are totally observant and in the game, the next you see an imaginary bear dancing in a cave on the table... When the old man started rambling about history I just had to skip forward. Then directly after what was 17mins of "gags" the MC becomes pensative again and concerned about the man as sad music is playing. If y'all thought Your Lie in April had weird mood pacing, stay away from this show. I think this may possibly have been the worst episode yet for this show.

HEYBOT! Episode 12
CzWscAGW8AEU6HP.jpg:small

I got my wish for a Moeru episode and it was so good.I loved his hot blooded firey passion on full display to one shot those jobbers.

Felt like they were strongly hinting at the plot but then kept it secret even from Nejiru.

I still think that guy looks like Future Nejiru.

Jarmel

Banned
Eupho S2 [9-10]
The background art and photography is insanely good. There really are few studios/teams that can compete with KyoAni when they're working overdrive like this. Problem is that the writing and pacing in this season is largely fucked. Kumiko has been in a circling pattern for almost the entire season. Thank god somebody called her out on it. The drama itself has been largely uninteresting and painfully drawn out. At this point I just want the anime staff to focus on the efforts and preparations needed for Nationals.

BUT WAIT WE HAVE ROUND 4 WITH REINA.
300px-Pokemon_GSC_GoldVSRed.jpg

Occultic;Ten

WHY IS THE HECK IS CAMERA ALL OVER THE PLACE. Today I legit felt nauseous. Camera cuts with weird angles all over this episode. I had to stop halfway through. Good lord. Shame that it took me this long but I can't watch this anymore.

Those anime makers want to be creative? not that it works, but hey it's different. O;9 was particularly creative today, It did not work all the time though.

Do not watch Occultic;Nine. It's like being in a roller coaster, speed AND all.
I don't think it was that bad, but they did move the camera a lot today in the first half and it felt weird visually. I mean I watched it fine.
------------------

Now that we know that DAYS is returning for at least another season, I want to know of it's worth for me to pick it back up. I stopped at 12. Any one still watches it?

I don't think it was that bad, but they did move the camera a lot today in the first half and it felt weird visually. I mean I watched it fine.

I do get vertigo very easily so let's just put that on the table. But if I, just your average Joe watching japanese toons got sick watching this, I can guarantee that there had to be others. I'm not that special lol. It was bad.

------------------

Now that we know that DAYS is returning for at least another season, I want to know of it's worth for me to pick it back up. I stopped at 12. Any one still watches it?

Yes I just want more for a more interesting team, this one they just played had a lot to be desired after following up with KENN's team. I hope another 24 episodes at least.

I do get vertigo very easily so let's just put that on the table. But if I, just your average Joe watching japanese toons got sick watching this, I can guarantee that there had to be others. I'm not that special lol. It was bad.
Sure I give you that they moved it too much. I mean I won't defend the show for that. They clearly exagerated today. They also did some weird shot during the Ryotas and Gamotan conversation I wasn't a fan of.

I was just saying that it did not affect me that much.

Feels like it. I'm not just talking about heavily slanted but almost inverted or rotated camera angles. There's Keijo, Eupho, and Occultic Nine.

I think it's a little much to extrapolate from those three examples to the season as a whole (and at least Sound Euphonium does not make these sorts of angles a regular occurrence), but I can understand being bothered by their appearance. I do have a pet peeve about cheap Dutch angles myself.

Do not watch Occultic;Nine. It's like being in a roller coaster, speed and all.

Occultic;Nine seems to be going for a deliberately disorienting direction style to match the unsettling horror material, which is a reasonable choice but might not always be done in an appropriate manner. Today's episode was storyboarded by Mamoru Kanbe (Elfen Lied, Sound of the Sky, Perfect Insider), and I would consider him to be one of the lesser directing talents who have worked on Occultic;Nine compared to people such as Ishihama, Takao, or Toshimasa Ishii.

Sure I give you that they moved it too much. I mean I won't defend the show for that. They clearly exagerated today. They also did some weird shot during the Ryotas and Gamotan conversation I wasn't a fan of.

I was just saying that it did not affect me that much.

There were other weird direction choices. Like having Myo at the start taking her sweet time going into the cafe (while the camera spinned everywhere) and then taking her sweet time again to go through the list of names only to confirm that Chio wasn't there. It was time wasted. Then directly after we get back into the actual plot and everything is rushed as always.

I was actually in shock, since this show always seems to not have enough time to present everything they want in one episode. Instead they rush the actual plot and take their time on a seemingly pointless scene. The direction in this episode was some weird stuff of legends only.

Occultic;Nine seems to be going for a deliberately disorienting direction style to match the unsettling horror material, which is a reasonable choice but might not always be done in an appropriate manner. Today's episode was storyboarded by Mamoru Kanbe (Elfen Lied, Sound of the Sky, Perfect Insider), and I would consider him to be one of the lesser directing talents who have worked on Occultic;Nine compared to people such as Ishihama, Takao, or Toshimasa Ishii.

Maybe this would explain it? I would actually encourage those who are better with analysis and prose to go and watch the first 10-15mins of this episode, because I'm not joking when I say it was bad. As you all know I'm generally positive about stuff that I watch, so something has to be very wrong for me to complain.

There were other weird direction choices. Like having Myo at the start taking her sweet time going into the cafe (while the camera spinned everywhere) and then taking her sweet time again to go through the list of names only to confirm that Chio wasn't there. It was time wasted. Then directly after we get back into the actual plot and everything is rushed as always.

I was actually in shock, since this show always seems to not have enough time to present everything they want in one episode. Instead they rush the actual plot and take their time on a seemingly pointless scene. The direction in this episode was some weird stuff of legends only.
I agree, I was so accustomed to the fast pace, that that slow moment with Myu actually threw me off guard. They seem to be extremely creative with the direction of the show and while it works well sometimes like in episode 9 with the dark hallways and the first person view, this episode it wasn't good at all and made some scenes look really weird.

I mean I am a pretty big fan of the show and I accept some of the bad stuff it does sometimes, but this time it was pretty intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom