• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yes, and more fu(king yes!

JvYl6Bm.gif

That was such a good episode. I need to finish the last two before s2 comes.

This and Showa are what make this next season super hype for my Wife and I. And yeah, that was my favorite episode. So wrong, yet so right.

John Blade

Just re watching Gunsmith Cats and still amaze how simple this show is to go back and watch and still have fun after few re watch. I think I need to find another show which have the similar tone like Gunsmith Cats as I am slowly going back to try to rewatch some anime now.

The Last Guardian

There are very few big-name games where I can say its clear that this was the vision of a solitary creator or a group of creators but TLG is one of them. You can tell because its a straight up un-intuitive game in a lot of ways that would NEVER pass through on a safer AAA game. It still has weird controls, awkward gameplay and technical issues but its even beyond that, because Trico is a wild-ass animal. Trico takes a while to listen to, has mannerisms very much like a real animal (its very surreal seeing Trico do stuff that reminds you of how exactly your dog and cat act) and reacts in ways you would expect from an animal. In a safer AAA game, you would never make a companion that you can half control sometimes, and who you command through holding down a button and then pressing the corresponding button for the kid to give an order to Trico that he will sometimes listen to, and even give signs that aren't pointed out to you if Trico can or can't do the task. Its pretty impressive that after 7 (9?) years the game is still what they showed it to be in the first place, although its pretty clear why it never came out on the PS3 because the game has rather embarrassing technical hiccups along with its astounding A.I. for Trico.

Basically this .gif is the authentic TLG Ueda experience

93ca50cf048b3b7eba12505157eb834d.gif

"weird controls, awkward gameplay and technical issues"

Ubisoft x Rockstar: The Game?!

No, TLG has a soul.

Also I'd take all the weird controls TLG has over mashing X to run in Rockstar games. Both TLG and Rockstar games feel like weird remnants of the PS2 era souped up with amazing rechnology though.

UbiSoft games are just lame all around tbh

Cornbread78

This and Showa are what make this next season super hype for my Wife and I. And yeah, that was my favorite episode. So wrong, yet so right.

The Konosuba VA's fo an excellent job with comedic timing to really make the comedy enjoyable and was definately one of my favorite experiences from this year.

Scrapped Princess ep.15-16
Well, as we know was going to happen, they got
blown out of the water
by the massive spell. At least they all
survived the blast
but poor Pacifica... She finally found a certain peace that would be unobtainable otherwise..

Noirulus

Hey guys, I created a web app for school that generates characters and relationships between characters. I would super appreciate if you guys could check it out and then fill a short questionnaire (3-4 questions) about the application. It's for my final report. Seeing how anime folks typically enjoy more off the wall-type stuff, I thought I'd get more interesting responses from you guys. Thanks!

Web App
Questionnaire

Girlish Number - 10

What started off as a funny almost satirical view of the VA industry is turning out to be one of the best shows of the season. I wonder if Chitose is going to change at all by the end of this or if she is just going to become a Manager like her brother.

JulianImp

Girlish Number - 10

I've already seen a couple episode impressions on #10, but CR shows that episode will be airing in a little over a day from now... are some of you guys watching it on some other streaming service or something?

And since I watched a couple episodes of stuff:

Izetta - #11
Blatant fanservice scene of the week: There was some very mild yuri bait in that "a whole new world" scene, but even taking that into account things were clean, yay!

The episode was okay-ish, but still pretty meh. It looks like the final battle will include two tropes I absolutely despise: Time limits and life-draining items/skills. My main issue with those things is that both limits are often gamed by writers, making them into something more along the lines of a convenient failure threshold that can be put off or rushed as the plot demands.

Besides that, I can't actually appreciate the Izetta-Fine relationship because of how childish the former tends to be around the latter at times. The rest of the cast feels way more interetsing than the two main heroines to me, which I find kind of weird.

FlipFlap - #10
I watched Izetta before this because I had faith in FlipFlappers allowing me to end things on a good note, and it certainly delivered. Things did get a bit weird, and I really didn't expect the spanish inquisition
Cocona's grandma actually being able to walk and a happy cultist, or Cocona being Mimi's daughter (or Mimi herself, maybe?)
. While I originally vouched for more episodic content and less plot, this episode felt like it managed to finally make me care about the show's plot.

Lostorange incited WIXOSS | 09

Woah, was that... was that the first confirmed death in WIXOSS? I mean I know
Ulith got executed
last season but it wasn't as dramatic as this one done by suicide.

Piruluk giving some education to Chinatsu was nice and also does a slight hint on how the second round of WIXOSS selector battles started; apparently it was fueled by the negative feelings from the suffering of the original Selectors/LRIGs? This sort of explains how Mayu from the previous season(s) created the selector battles but I still find that we need more explanation on what exactly was Mayu's deal. Was she some sort of psychic/wizard/esper whose feelings manifest or can any average girl or joe bend reality with emotion if strong enough? Piruluk's light explanation hints that a large sum of emotion from multiple people can result in what Mayu achieved. And again, who are the fucking people/company that created this card game used for crazy shit?

Well like I said during my last reaction post on this series, Lostrange incited is filling in plot holes left behind in the original WIXOSS which I'm thankful for, but I do hope the original conflict between Suzuko and Chinatsu doesn't get sidelined with all this retreading the show is currently doing for the previous season(s).

That aside, with
Hanna finally winning her battles and all 5 coins the end result wasn't mindblowing as it followed exactly what was explained in the beginning, that is altering a memory. Sure the memory was a pretty messed up one, but Hanna seemed like she was prepared for regaining said memory even if it was shitty, guess she wasn't prepared enough.
Aside from that, there was no trick or rug being swept from the feet. Only thing worth noting was that
Hanna's
LRIG enjoyed seeing her Selector in despair, but said LRIG was subtly hinted to have ulterior motives, I don't believe the same applies for Chinatsu's or Suzuko's but we'll see.

Aki-at

Keijo - 10

I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. And here I thought hand girl's intro in the OP was a bunch of roses but of course it had to be butts (Also will she ever win a match? She'll forever be a jobber I bet.)

Occultic;Nine - 10

Yeah I thought that
Ryoka
would be more than meets the eye but the camera going all over the place this episode was pretty bad, I could understand some points in the episode but it was even in moments when the crew where musing to themselves.

Also is it me or did Miyu seem very out of character this episode? She came across as sort of air headed or maybe I'm overthinking stuff now.

Jarmel

Banned
That's because for Space Battleship Yamato 2199 it was SUNRISE D.I.D., the ones who made the reference 3D models and rigging plus effects animation using 3ds Max, while at XEBEC internal departments they handled for 3DCGI mostly the composition and monitor graphics work with Cinema 4D, in comparison. They could very well be doing in-house part of that modelling now, although given the temporary position of the posts outside of their general recruitment campaigns for the year, it may just be filling for some easier cooperation workflow.

So to followup on this, apparently Takashi Aoki clarified this on Twitter. This is indeed a new team at Xebec.

https://twitter.com/voyager_vision/status/808468276455972864

It also looks like Aoki is working on FMP. No surprise there. Although I'm not sure if he's leading the new 3ds Max team or even the photography team.

Drifters 7

Those were a couple of good fights. Nice to see the Ends and the Drifters start clashing. The Joan vs Toyohisa fight in particular was pretty great, although Gilles vs Yoichi was pretty good too. Toyohisa and Oliminu's team work created a pretty entertaining finisher.

The Ends are a pretty interesting group overall, and it's kind of fun seeing them have some cool powers.

It was neat to learn that the head of the Octobrists is also a drifter.

Also nice to see the Drifters are finally going to be grouping up.

Also is it me or did Miyu seem very out of character this episode? She came across as sort of air headed or maybe I'm overthinking stuff now.

I think they showed it a bit with some of her scenes with Chizu earlier in the season, but the anime has mostly glossed over it. It's a bit more pronounced in the LN.

Quasar

Girlish Number 6-9 - Finally got around to catching up. Really enjoying this, and for more than just laughing at Chitose. Hell I'm actually feeling some sympathy for the girl. And all the other girls in this meat grinder. Started making me think about Kikuko Inoue and Honoka. Are there actually many other mother/daughter duos? Kazuha is still my favourite though I think. Glad to see her get some spotlight.

Lostorage incited WIXOSS | 10

Has this series been confirmed to be a 2-cour like the previous? I feel like it is as Suzuko is slowly being built up to be heroine but the key word is slowly; show as of now is focusing on side characters, good stories but I don't see how they are going to build up Suzuko to finish off the story in the remaining 2 episodes.

With that said, great episode to which is heavily attributed to how Satomi is portrayed as a villain compared to the predecessor of Mayu and to a lesser degree Ulith. Having the dude being a record tracker and "booker" for all the selector battles was obvious in that he would be the one stirring up conflict to which he did here in pitting two Selectors, both sympathetic characters, against each other on their last coins. It was also nice to see Piruluk face off against Satomi despite the end result.

But yeah 10 episodes in might be a bit premature (especially for a WIXOSS anime) but this far surpasses selector infected and selector spread combined; everything is just so tightly knit and executed well. Characters are archetypes of course but unlike selected infected + selector spread they all possess their own complexity (I'm looking at you Akira and Hitoe).

Wonder how they are going to do the next two episodes but I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: To continue more on Satomi's villain-ness, I do hope characters that disappear stay as such to drive the tragedy/despair aspect more. While selector infected + selector spread was enjoyable, I don't want to see a repeat of the same conclusion; already copied Madoka Magica once, gotta do something different this time.

Drifters 8

GLGFLtS.jpg

This probably had some of the best comedy scenes in the series so far. The Axis powers joke was actually pretty funny.

I guess they might try to spin
Hitler
as a Drifter too, which is an... interesting choice. Then again,
Jesus
is likely the Black King, so why not.

Can't wrap my head around this episode frankly. I'm a rabid fujoshi so I'll get what I can, but that ring exchange felt like it came from left field.

Still love it though. The ending was the best thing about the episode.

I think the explanation of Viktor's interest in Yuri dating back to some ridiculous drunken party scenario that seems to contradict everything we saw in the first episode (with Yuri being barely able to speak to Viktor post-contest and leaving the venue).

I don't think changing personality while drunk isn't that far-off a notion. I've seen it personally happening with Japanese co-workers.

Neither do they remember anything after the fact.

Lostorage incited WIXOSS | 10

Has this series been confirmed to be a 2-cour like the previous? I feel like it is as Suzuko is slowly being built up to be heroine but the key word is slowly; show as of now is focusing on side characters, good stories but I don't see how they are going to build up Suzuko to finish off the story in the remaining 2 episodes.

Knowing WIXOSS it's entirely possibly they are saving the sequel announcement for the after credit scene at the end of the season. Infected announced Spread, Spread hinted at the Movie, the Move supposedly has references to Lostrage. Not to mention, the escalating naming scheme in place matches up all too well with it being called "Incited"

Great Passage 1 - 9

Can finally get back to anime now that I'm finished with FFXV, and damn is this good.

On one hand, it's a light office drama with a wonderfully likable cast, but the whole focus on words really adds a pretty meaningful layer to everything. Add the pleasant soundtrack and generally good animation makes it a very comfy watch. What with the bomb dropped at the end of 9, I'm really looking forward to the rest and how everything turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom