• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

So to followup on this, apparently Takashi Aoki clarified this on Twitter. This is indeed a new team at Xebec.

https://twitter.com/voyager_vision/status/808468276455972864

It also looks like Aoki is working on FMP. No surprise there. Although I'm not sure if he's leading the new 3ds Max team or even the photography team.
As you already mentioned earlier, the way even now Takashi Aoki talks about a still nascent in-house team certainly makes it look too premature to have made considerably input for Space Battleship Yamato 2202, even after half-a-year since the first recruitment offers for the jobs commenced. I hope they announce soon more complete staff listings for both upcoming shows featuring animation produced by XEBEC.

Ascheroth

I would just use last years, but it's dated "2015."
xEwrLJx.png

YHs83ER.png

Does that work?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Should I skip Haruhi S2 and watch the movie instead?

The movie continues from S2... well you need to have seen at least Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

Also, anyone who skips Endless Eight is looked down upon and spat on.

So basically watch S2.

Haruhi is episodic so it doesn't really matter how you watch the show or even skip parts you don't want to watch.

Even KyoAni shuffled S1 just for the sake of it.

T-Rex.

Banned
Heh, ok thanks. I'll probably end up skipping bits of it because I don't want to watch the exact same events play out again and again, but I'll give it a chance at least.

Cornbread78

Does that work?

Looks good to me. Consistency is the bestest! Plus it keeps BGBWs legacy to good use, lol.

Can you just make it 800 or 900 w (and keep the image quality) pretty please?

The movie continues from S2... well you need to have seen at least Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

Also, anyone who skips Endless Eight is looked down upon and spat on.

So basically watch S2.

People who skip Endless Eight are people I don't want to associate with.

Kyon-kun Denwa!

But but, but, it the SAME EXACT THING 8 TIMES outside of the final few seconds of the episode...... How did they even think that was a good idea for viewers? Weekly simulcast watchers must have been SOOO pissed at that..

Nah, there's episodes in there you should watch. Might skip some of the Endless Eight episodes if you don't want to watch it all.

Endless Eight has no merit, you can safely skip as much of it as you please.

aPnGcRQ.gif

But but, but, it the SAME EXACT THING 8 TIMES outside of the final few seconds of the episode...... How did they even think that was a good idea for viewers? Weekly simulcast watchers must have been SOOO pissed at that..

There was no simulcast back in those days.

But yes, watching that week to week was an exercise in confusion in frustration. Every week it was "well, maybe this time will be different".

Cornbread78

There was no simulcast back in those days.
But yes, watching that week to week was an exercise in confusion in frustration. Every week it was "well, maybe this time will be different".

I would have probably punched a few walls if I was really enjoying the show at that point. That, or would have just dropped it until later...

I said might. I watched them all ;P

Still, the only difference until the final episode was the last couple minutes had a little change in script... maddening, lol.

Skip, skip away!

Szadek

Well, it's not exactly the same, just almost.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Look at all these scallywags skipping anime's biggest artistic achievement.

You probably all think WatchMojo Top 10s are gospel too.

Cornbread78

It should be the same size as last year, 800 pixel width.

Sweet, you're right; when I right clicked on them, it only showed 400w, but when I rehosted them, they expanded to 800w. Thank You! Let the BGBW trophy legacy live on!

Next question. Zackat made these for me in the Avatar community thread, but I'm having a tough time choosing one to go with.....

vqkUETy.png

vnCN5gi.png

They are both awesome in their own way...

kewlmyc

I figured most people were like be back then and figured out by the 4th episode they were going to show Endless 8 eight times to match up with the name and dropped it until the eight episode.

All of that because KyoAni wanted to spread out the material so they could make Dissapearance a film.
It worked out in the end. The movie is fantastic.

Well, it's not exactly the same, just almost.

Yep. It's sorta fun interesting seeing a lot of different takes on the same scenes.

The larger problem is that the story taking place was extremely boring and if you were hoping it would build up to something cool—nope!

Nikodemos

Apparently there's going to be a NekoPara OVA.

My question is... How the heck can anybody make that work??? It's basically a hentai VN about fucking catgirls (who also happen to be, effectively, slaves to the MCs family).

My question is... How the heck can anybody make that work??? It's basically a hentai VN about fucking catgirls (who also happen to be, effectively, slaves to the MCs family).

It's hardly a challenge. There are Steam versions of these games.

/XX/

ガイナックス公式通販サイト「GAINAX OFFICIAL SHOP」リニューアルオープン! | GAINAX NET
http://www.gainax.co.jp/wp/archives/post-6184/

The GAINAX OFFICIAL SHOP has opened again! After the now defunct efforts of reviving the GENERAL PRODUCTS brand, of which only the Yonago City brick-and-mortar store remains (that just sells online the Yonago Gainax own products), this ones brings part of the old merchandise catalogue prior to the GAiNAX split and following migration of key staff.

Joe Molotov

They're kawaii catgirls that work in a bakery and get into ecchi hijinks. Which part of that says to you "well, they can't make an anime out of this!"

Puruzi

Banned
They're kawaii catgirls that work in a bakery and get into ecchi hijinks. Which part of that says to you "well, they can't make an anime out of this!"
The literal sex probably, considering that it's a hentai game. It'll pretty easy to remove that in the anime though.

Joe Molotov

The literal sex probably, considering that it's a hentai game. It'll pretty easy to remove that in the anime though.

There are like a million VNs with literal sex that get made into animes though (Kanon, Air, Fate/stay Night, etc.) There's already an All Ages version of Nekopara.

Puruzi

Banned
There are like a million VNs with literal sex that get made into animes though (Kanon, Air, Fate/stay Night, etc.) There's already an All Ages version of Nekopara.

I know. Just saying that that's probably what the poster thinks will be an issue. I just said that it's easy to remove it

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't like the OP that much because it repeats about 60% of the way through.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
GAF hates(maybe hated?) it. But I love it. And thankfully they fixed the initial, rough version. That song makes me so excited every time.
It is pretty different from when it first was released. Still pretty lazy. The song is okay. Choreography is repetitive and the angle is completely flat so that stuff is a bore. The color use is like actual F- territory. Does not really help the repetitive visual elements when the song repeats the same line over and over and over. From an objective standpoint it is a bad opening.

phaze

I asked for this. Do I count?

Such lies.

Captain Earth 05

How nice to have a show that doesn't look like an atrocity, has humans that behave like humans, does dialogue that doesn't want to make bang your head against the desk as well as perhaps subtle beginnings of romance.

You make take those things for granted but they're not.

They are not.

duckroll

How nice to have a show that doesn't look like an atrocity, has humans that behave like humans, does dialogue that doesn't want to make bang your head against the desk, perhaps subtle beginnings of romance.

You make take those things for granted but they're not.

They are not.

Too bad Captain Earth isn't one of those shows. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom