• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

AKB0048 1

I thought I knew what I was getting into, but it's so much more ridiculous than I was expecting. That entire opening concert being raided by military, then being fought off by idols themselves during their performance, while all of it is done completely straight and serious. I just can't.

I watched all of this show!

That's about all I can muster.

Sölf

"Kyoto Impure King" sounds like the nickname of some yakuza pimp. Lol.

The first thing I thought was this fella:

maxresdefault.jpg

Taruranto

This season once again goes to show that a series only needs a decent start and its audience at large barely cares if it shits its bed right after. Like, I look at Yuri on Ice or Flip Flapper reddit discussion threads and they're basically devoid of criticism and disappointment.

Well, if you look at Reddit, what do you expect...

My winter watch list:

The sequel of the best anime of the decade is airing in winter, tho'.

It's a poor season, but at least it will allow me to catch up on this season stuff, I'm behind too many episodes with too many series.

Is this the place where I can talk about how much I love Yuri on Ice? I rarely watch anime but this one has absolutely blown me away. I've been choked up at points, I've been on the edge of my seat at others, and I've laughed a lot along the way. The character interaction feels so genuine and heartfelt. I never thought I'd be waiting in anticipation for a new episode of an anime before, especially one about ice skating.

inb4 everyone actually hates it and i feel alone in my praise ;~;

ibyea

Banned
Looking at this thread, in some ways I am glad I had that big stretch of busy weeks so I know that I did not miss much by not watching the animes I had picked up at the beginning. I guess some positives did come out of my final exams!

jgminto

Is this the place where I can talk about how much I love Yuri on Ice? I rarely watch anime but this one has absolutely blown me away. I've been choked up at points, I've been on the edge of my seat at others, and I've laughed a lot along the way. The character interaction feels so genuine and heartfelt. I never thought I'd be waiting in anticipation for a new episode of an anime before, especially one about ice skating.

I think most people here probably enjoy some aspect of YOI, the core trio is great and I enjoy some of the side characters like Phitchit, Chris and Otabek but they wasted a lot of time on garbage like the siblings and the ice skating aspect of the show has largely been a failure. Seeing the exact same poorly animated performance with a single change each week does not get be excited or passionate for the sport of figure skating.

Id still have liked it better set in high school as a club anime. I dont like victor, I dont like the main pairing (yuri is just better with Seung gil lee), I skip through just about every ice skating performance since they are all just spinning and jumping and making predictable falls however I like to watch the step routine (like Minamis was great same for Guang hong and Seung gil and Otabek this newest episode). The anime is at its best focused on everyone other than victor and yuri (win it yurio please, yurio is lots of what I love in protags). More time on everyone else to develop them like yurio would gave made this a top anime of the year.

I think i much prefer the bl teasing in all my other animes and in actual bl animes like sekaiichi hatsukoi/super lovers.

Trickster has the most heart this anime season.

I think most people here probably enjoy some aspect of YOI, the core trio is great and I enjoy some of the side characters like Phitchit, Chris and Otabek but they wasted a lot of time on garbage like the siblings and the ice skating aspect of the show has largely been a failure. Seeing the exact same poorly animated performance with a single change each week does not get be excited or passionate for the sport of figure skating.

Id still have liked it better set in high school as a club anime. I dont like victor, I dont like the main pairing (yuri is just better with Seung gil lee), I skip through just about every ice skating performance since they are all just spinning and jumping and making predictable falls however I like to watch the step routine (like Minamis was great same for Guang hong and Seung gil and Otabek this newest episode). The anime is at its best focused on everyone other than victor and yuri (win it yurio please, yurio is lots of what I love in protags). More time on everyone else to develop them like yurio would gave made this a top anime of the year.

I think i much prefer the bl teasing in all my other animes and in actual bl animes like sekaiichi hatsukoi/super lovers.

Trickster has the most heart this anime season.

I understand a lot of the complaints you guys have about the anime. I dunno, it just struck a chord with me that a lot of other anime hasn't and maybe it makes it easier for me to accept the not so good parts. That, and my general inexperience with anime.

Thanks for the suggestions on other shows, by the way. Will definitely check those out.

New show Re:CREATORS announced.

タイトル:Re:CREATORS(レクリエイターズ)
原作・キャラ原案:広江礼威
監督:あおきえい
シリーズ構成:あおきえい・広江礼威
アニメ制作:TROYCA
放送情報:2017年放送開始予定
公式サイト:http://recreators.tv/
Twitter:https://twitter.com/recreators_tv

Aoki Ei x Rei Hiroe? hope Aoki Ei don't mess up this time lol.
https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/809536770027057152

Kenstar

Colons and their wishy washy brother Semicolons are the new cancer that is killing anime
Move over Cute Girls Doing Cute Things

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I actually felt let down by the Yuri on Ice impressions here from last week. I understand that the presentational focus of watching the same on ice performances over and over again can be wearing, but the tone of the show last week was wildly different only to elicit a number of responses about how nothing is changing. The context of this last performance being the culmination of their effort and work just bears a crushing weight that some of the characters just break under. And they cannot really just look forward and up to another shot at refining their work, instead it stands beside the overwhelmingly remarkable output of their peers who have taken dozens of strides forward. The tone of the series could seem like it was heading for a goofball kind of romantic and uplifting ending but the last episode set everything down a very bleak track where these skaters and coaches find pieces of themselves unchanged or still lacking in spite of hard or promising work. I am very interested to see which way the show winds up leaning as it comes to an end.

BluWacky

I actually felt let down by the Yuri on Ice impressions here from last week. I understand that the presentational focus of watching the same on ice performances over and over again can be wearing, but the tone of the show last week was wildly different only to elicit a number of responses about how nothing is changing. The context of this last performance being the culmination of their effort and work just bears a crushing weight that some of the characters just break under. And they cannot really just look forward and up to another shot at refining their work, instead it stands beside the overwhelmingly remarkable output of their peers who have taken dozens of strides forward. The tone of the series could seem like it was heading for a goofball kind of romantic and uplifting ending but the last episode set everything down a very bleak track where these skaters and coaches find pieces of themselves unchanged or still lacking in spite of hard or promising work. I am very interested to see which way the show winds up leaning as it comes to an end.

It's worth noting that there were very few Yuri impressions this week compared to prior weeks in the thread - at least it seems that way to me. I haven't watched 11 yet, partly because I'd been a bit put off by the show's repetitive nature recently, and I'd wondered whether this was a common opinion.

JulianImp

Colons and their wishy washy brother Semicolons are the new cancer that is killing anime
Move over Cute Girls Doing Cute Things

As if titles could kill anything... at least it's better than My Light Novel Adaptation Title Can't Possibly Be This Long and variations of overly-verbose titles that nobody in their right mind would remember consistently. That was worse because one of the things you kind of need for brand identity is a catchy name, and jamming a full paragraph into your series' title certainly doesn't lend itself well to being catchy or anything.

Andrew J.

My winter watchlist:

Blue Exorcist Kyoto
Kirakira Precure
Konosuba S2
LWA
Maidragon

And continuing Gundam IBO. Pretty light by my standards. Of course, I may need to catch up on stuff from 2016 in advance of AOTY voting.

Crocodile

Just watch the good episodes.

Is there a consensus on which are the "good" episodes?

New show Re:CREATORS announced.

タイトル:Re:CREATORS(レクリエイターズ)
原作・キャラ原案:広江礼威
監督:あおきえい
シリーズ構成:あおきえい・広江礼威
アニメ制作:TROYCA
放送情報:2017年放送開始予定
公式サイト:http://recreators.tv/
Twitter:https://twitter.com/recreators_tv

Aoki Ei x Rei Hiroe? hope Aoki Ei don't mess up this time lol.
https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/809536770027057152

Someone should smack Hiroe upside the head and tell him to get back to work on Black Lagoon *pouts*

My winter watch list is anything that looks cool and his successful in passing my first episode test.

But things I'm sure will be good are

Blue exorcist impure king arc
elDlive
Tales of Zestiria the X s2
Chain Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom